• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Comic Con May 2014

NewMan

Prominent Member
Extra glad I didn't go then. Usually I buy priority tickets in advance to avoid the queues, but didn't this time... Plus, it looks like someone else had a way better AC IV costume than I do... I'll have to improve it before it's back around in October...

Dancook

Distinguished Member
Extra glad I didn't go then. Usually I buy priority tickets in advance to avoid the queues, but didn't this time... Plus, it looks like someone else had a way better AC IV costume than I do... I'll have to improve it before it's back around in October...

This was the 'priority ticket' queue :) an hour in the rain..then straight in - once inside the hall.

NewMan

Prominent Member
Really? Holy crapola! Mind you, last few times I've had the weekend ticket, and if you get there early enough on the Friday it's fairly quiet and you just kinda waltz right in... You then have to wait in their "holding pens" until the expo opens, but at least it's indoors...

zebredy

Established Member
I don't go to this event much anymore (even with it being 15 minutes up the road from where I live) its not what is used to be.

That is not to say the event is no longer any good, far from it, but I am more into sci-fi then manga and anima and when I first started going they had 15-20+ sci-fi guests in attendance from Buffy to Star Trek to Stargate and so on. Yes they still have a few of those there from time to time but not in the same quantity they used too.

Would have been nice to have seen Henry Winkler on the Sunday but after spending 4 days at Collectormania in Milton Keynes the weekend before, I really couldn't justify the expense (4 days because I was helping out on a costuming charity table which we had to set up the day before the event)

Dancook

Distinguished Member
Richard Ayoade was there on Friday (i wasn't though), but I never really paid attention to any other 'star appearances'

zebredy

Established Member
Richard Ayoade was there on Friday (i wasn't though), but I never really paid attention to any other 'star appearances'
Not really into the IT Crowd but nice to know others were there, tbh it needs to be more then a couple guests I want to see to draw me in but to each their own.

I helping to count the votes on Friday so no way of getting there then...

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom