• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Comic Con A Fans Hope

maverick177uk

Distinguished Member
If you are into comics, superhero films, Star Wars etc then give this a watch it made me feel less nerdy than my wife says I am:rotfl: but seriously I'd love to go to Comic Con it's a nerds nirvana.:smashin:

irascian

Banned
If you are into comics, superhero films, Star Wars etc then give this a watch it made me feel less nerdy than my wife says I am:rotfl: but seriously I'd love to go to Comic Con it's a nerds nirvana.:smashin:

It's my definition of hell on earth. I went for the first time in 2002, which was the first year Hollywood took over the Saturday, but nothing was pre-announced so it was all a great surprise. The next year they preannounced the celebrities and it got swamped with screaming fanboys and fangirls and each year since it's got more insane. The last year I went (2004) six of us Brits just stayed in our hotel the whole four days of the con because the heat and the endless queueing and crowds were horrendous.

All the hype is around Hall H which holds 6500 people and is the biggest hall, but over 100,000 try to get in. They have "Hollywood" panels all day on the Saturday covering all the big TV shows and superhero moves etc. But fans who just want one hour long panel will hog seats all day just to make sure they get the panel they really want so it's a terrible waste. Worse, people queue in an orderly fashion all along the side of the whole complex and then they open the doors at the back so that the people who were last get into the second queue inside the building for Hall H and not the people who'd been queuing all night. It's just one big ball of heat and stress.

However it's so insane and unique that I guess everybody should go once.

Last edited:

maverick177uk

Distinguished Member
Ye I know what you mean mate but as a one off I thnk I could do it, yes it would put me off for life probably I hate queueing at the best of times but I'm willing to give it a go once.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom