Comfortable, over ear, wireless recommendations

goooober

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I've been trying to buy some over ear wireless headphones but i've been struggling to find a pair that are genuinely comfortable. In recent weeks and i've had Sony XM4s, Bose 700s and Bose QC 35s which all share the same problem (for me at least), that being the headband is too narrow which puts too much pressure on top of my head after 30 minutes or so.

My current headphone are HyperX wired gaming things which are very comfortable because of the generous sizing of the headband. I'd really like to replace them though with a pair of Bluetooth headphones for use with my Windows PC and Ipad.

Max budget is £250.

Thanks

The symptoms described do not indicate a narrow headband as there is no mention of pressure to the sides of the head or ears?

Suggest using one extra notch on the headband. The ear pads should still be around the ears but the extra notch means less pressure on the top of the head

Can combine this trick with a headband cover for added comfort

Last edited:
The symptoms described do not indicate a narrow headband as there is no mention of pressure to the sides of the head or ears?

Suggest using one extra notch on the headband. The ear pads should still be around the ears but the extra notch means less pressure on the top of the head

Can combine this trick with a headband cover for added comfort

Thanks for the response. Is there a particular brand of headband cover you'd recommend? Geekria seems to be the main one when searching on Amazon.

Never tried them before, I suggest a headband cover that wraps around, rather than replace, the existing headband padding

I do not think the BT ANC headphones come with a replaceable headband anyway

A lot of reviews for BT ANC headphones say they are comfy and light touch around the ears. I speculate the low clamp force is compensated by pressing down on the top of the head. The headphones need to stay in place somehow

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom