Comet

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by RyanK, Mar 27, 2006.

1. RyanK

RyanK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    Have any Comets got any Sky HD set up`s in store yet?

2. Dogma21

Dogma21

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    not as far as I know.

visited on tonight, no sky hd although they were advertising that you could register for £30.

3. museumsteve

museumsteve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,127
    I popped in to our local Comets this afternoon, I like to visit them for a laugh once in a while. I asked if they had a demo unit yet and they didnt, although the cabling is all in place ready for it (I saw it). So I had a chat with one of the chaps who knew a bit about HD etc. I was surprised when he tried to convince me that the best thing about SkyHD is that you can have the basic/cheapest Sky package and for just a tenner a month on top you get all the HD channels.
    I told him that is incorrect and a bit naughty if they're telling people that because you need to have the relevant SD channel as part of your subscription (Sports, movies etc) and he said you didn't. He then showed me a sales info sheet they had been given by the Sky reps which didn't specify how the packages would work, it simply stated Sky HD channels for £10 a month, no mention at all about what you already have to be subscribed to.
    I think we all know how it is going to work, so why would Comet or indeed Sky reps look to mislead customers in this way..bit of a shocker because it is so blatantly wrong.

4. andrewjh009

andrewjh009

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +64
    Common sense would sugest that you need the relevent sports and movies 'packs' to receive the HD equivalents.

5. bboy-mass

bboy-mass

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    MuseumSteve,

Hi its Nigel from Birmingham.:thumbsup:

I have Telewests TV Drive, so if your interested give me a PM and i'll try and answer any questions you have about quality etc. Its nice, but not as sharp as D-theater, so maybe the quality will improve over time.

Would be nice to hear from you, been a while since we talked.:nono:

Regards
    Nigel