Quantcast

Comet price match ??

jaima

Standard Member
Hi,
On Comet`s web site it states:

Comet Price Guarantee

If you purchase a product from a Comet store and find the identical product at a lower price in another retailer within 10 miles of the store, not only we will we match the in-store price, we will also give you 10% of the difference. Simply let us know within 14 days of your purchase.
For orders placed online or by telephone, we will match an in-store price. The retailer's store must be within 10 miles of your local Comet store.

I want to purchase a Sammy lcd tv as my plasma tv (2yr old) has been written off by Comet under an extended warranty, Comet are sending me vouchers which must be spent/used in a Comet store, BT shop have the same model for less than Comets store price.
Will Comet price match the BT shop ???

technoflare

Novice Member
More likely to get it matched online if you can use them there. Online they do match other online prices.

C

CharlieTheGreek

My daughter bought a Sony 37" HD LCD on Boxing Day, which Comet price matched and actually beat. Comet were £649 and Argos were £499 (only available on 7 day delivery).

They verified the item was in stock and she got it for £485

john lewis match retail stores nationwide.

http://www.johnlewis.com/Help/Help.aspx?HelpId=18
He has Comet vouchers so can only buy from there.

If their policy is to pricematch and knock 10 per cent off the difference off, they will have to regardless of how you decide to pay. The vouchers you have could be spent on anything and not just a TV if you decided to buy a TV elsewhere.

So if a TV is £10 cheaper elsewhere they should match it and knock an extra £1 off as that is 10 per cent of the difference.

Just call me Al

Novice Member
My daughter bought a Sony 37" HD LCD on Boxing Day, which Comet price matched and actually beat. Comet were £649 and Argos were £499 (only available on 7 day delivery).

They verified the item was in stock and she got it for £485
Well she was lucky. They priced matched for us on Thursday But because we wanted to use a card with 4% discount that we didn't have on us, they put a reserve on it & when we went back the next day (as agreed) they would not price match & insisted we paid the £999-99 rather than the £670-00 they had promised. By now all the £699-99 & just above TVs were sold in all the shops so they would not price match. Very angry.:thumbsdow

praf

Standard Member
Hi,

I brought my Samsung LE40F86BDX from Comet on Boxing day, I got them to price match against Empire Direct. Comet's price £1399 I got it for £1070