1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Comet & Panasonic Widescreen Tv's

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by FoxyMulder, Nov 20, 2002.

1. FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought the panasonic widescreen model tx28pl1c1 after reading good reviews, I bought it from comet online, well it had a fault the moment i bought it, this fault is a streaking smearing effect showing black lines etc when using a dvd player through the RGB scart socket, the interesting thing is it ONLY does it when using NTSC region 1 discs region 2 pal is perfect, what has annoyed me is the attitude of comet repair staff who are trying to claim this is normal for NTSC, somethin which i know to be untrue, anyways i'm having to contact trading standards etc to get a new set as the engineers are trying to say theres nothing wrong with the tv and are arrogant in the extreme, can anyone out there advise me ???

2. higenbs1

higenbs1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    I think certain Panasonic TV's suffer from a Moire effect on NTSC signals. Do a search on this forum for "Panasonic Moire" and you should find that you're not alone. From memory, I think a service engineer might be able to refocus the TV, which may eliminate the problem

3. FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    this was more a leakage effect like u get with bad scart leads and only with NTSC i'm sure they gave me a shop display model or a returned model, anyways all the scart leads are top knotch so its the tv

4. Wayne Moule

Wayne Moule

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Have you tried unplugging the aerial lead,if you have one,as I think this works?

5. weyland-yutani

weyland-yutani

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +103
    well, it seems thats a problem a few tv's are having. i'm considering getting the panny.

foxy: have you noticed any ghosting/crosstalk/background interference when ALL your equipment is connected? and is the picture ok otherwise?

thanks.

6. kireru

kireru

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I just got from work today after 3-4 weeks a telephones back and fourth to panasonic about the macrovision problems when using RGB signals. They have even admited the problem and offered me to buy a new tv really cheap or a dvd player from them that doesn´t create this problem. I it is really anying as I have even offerd them to pay extra money to change the tv for something from then. I planned on taking this all the way as I even work in a electronics store but they wont take the tv back as it 2 years old. I am planning on atleast taking them up on the offer of buying new dvd player/recorder and then sell it so I can atleast earn som money on the entire problem situation. But it is not exactly inspiring as a salesperson in a electronics store to get such bad treatment from a company whos products I sell( or used to :)

I from now do not recomend Pansonic to any customers as their products don´t follow standards and have big problems with simple things like Macrovision(copy protection)

Kireru

7. kireru

kireru

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I just got from work today after 3-4 weeks a telephones back and fourth to panasonic about the macrovision problems when using RGB signals. They have even admited the problem and offered me to buy a new tv really cheap or a dvd player from them that doesn´t create this problem. I it is really anying as I have even offerd them to pay extra money to change the tv for something from then. I planned on taking this all the way as I even work in a electronics store but they wont take the tv back as it 2 years old. I am planning on atleast taking them up on the offer of buying new dvd player/recorder and then sell it so I can atleast earn som money on the entire problem situation. But it is not exactly inspiring as a salesperson in a electronics store to get such bad treatment from a company whos products I sell( or used to :)

I from now do not recomend Pansonic to anyone as their products don´t follow standards and had big problems with simple things like Macrovision(copy protection)

Kireru

8. dieselglider

dieselglider

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    weyland-yutani
    Member "well, it seems thats a problem a few tv's are having. i'm considering getting the panny."

If you are considering the tx-28 pl1 as mentioned above, try the currys website before Fri 22nd Nov and get an extra 10% off the special web price of £458. This makes the total price of £412 delivered. I did!

9. shaunthedude

shaunthedude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    the only panny tv that i have seen without the "moire" problem mentioned in the first post is their rear projection models.

shaun