1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Comet: I know more than you do !!!

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by speedking, Oct 23, 2005.

1. speedking

speedking

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Went to Comet today as they have the most range of LCDs on display than any other shop in the local region.

The staff think they know so much. I acted 'dumb' today and asked many questions to see what replies I would get.

In conclusion they thought the LG, Samsung and some cheapy Philips were the best panels. They seemed to think the new Sony, Panasonic and Toshiba were pants and had the guts to say the Sony V was sh*t and a very bad panel.

This made me laugh quite a bit but I kept on acting dumb. To prove a point to me, the sales person kept hitting/pressing against the LCD screen. The Sony and other decent brands seemed to make the panel go very white and then the picture would come back. The LG would not do anything and he tried to sell me a panel based on this little test! Why the heck did he do this ???

I hate getting help from sales nowadays!

Thanks,

2. mistrip

mistrip

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Lol, i was told that pioneer only make one tv, because they want to make sure they get it perfect. And that there was no 40inch sony lcd tv available. The thing is people out there actually have to rely on these sales staff to tell them the truth.

3. thelurch

thelurch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    I used to know someone who worked for Dixons many years ago, he was just told to make up facts and figures, and obviously just concentrate on the extended warranty sales.

These staff pretend to be experts on everything from hairdriers to 50" LCDs, I suppose they assume that only people who know nothing go in their stores so they can get away with spouting total rubbish.

I visited my local dixons last week and saw an old couple eyeing up the big LCDs, they were looking at the matsui!, he was telling them all sorts of rubbish like they would have to buy a new TV by next year because they would not be able to watch TV on a CRT after the spring!
    They went for the matsui, they bought the extended warranty for 5 years, he sold them a wall bracket aswel.

I really felt like taking them to one side and telling them how to get a decent TV for half the price but I didnt.

I, like the majority of visitors to this forum would not buy anything from them and generally only go in their shops to see whats new and actually see the products first hand before going home and saving myself £500 by getting it off the net.

4. Sicton

Sicton
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    All they do is read off what's on the specification and features cards displayed alongside the products!

5. Bolf

Bolf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    They probably try to sell you the screen that makes them the most commision, stuff customer service . I hate those god forsaken places.

6. David Mackenzie

David Mackenzie
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,310
    ...which is usually pretty questionable too!

7. Sicton

Sicton
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Exactly! Even in my local Panasonic shop I noticed they'd spelt 'component' as 'componant' on all the information displays. I mean it's not a technical error, but it still shouldn't be there :p

8. TheBoingoBandit

TheBoingoBandit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26

Well beat this!

Jonelle phono cables sold at John Lewis are classed as '2phone to 2phone' on the packaging! :oops: