Comet & Currys

J

Jules265099

The Dilemma...

My LG LCD has finally packed up and I need a new TV asap. I don't have a spare £600 lying around and don't/won't have a credit or store card, so a buy-now-pay-later deal is my only chance.

Currys and Comet seem the only obvious two stores that offer this, but their choice of TV's (not to mention their prices) dont enthuse.

I'm in the market for a 40 or 42 inch, plasma or LCD 1080p and £600 is my upper limit.

After doing a bit of research the Samsung LE40B550 seemed to tick all the boxes, but guess what, Currys and Comet don't stock it.

Can anyone recommend a decent one from either store that meets my requirements. Or even better somewhere else that would allow buy now pay later that has more choice?

Comet's choices; Find the Perfect LCD, Plasma & LED TVs | Comet

Currys choices: 40" to 42" TVs Resolution : 1080p HD TV Buy online | Currys

thanks in advance

Last edited:
The B550 is an old model

Is it really, thanks. I'd seen it reviewed in a couple of current issues of review magazines, so assumed it to be a 2010 model. Neither of the the mags review the C series, so do you know of they maintain the standard the B550 was reputedly supposed to have set?

I'll check out those links, cheers

B550 is a 2009/2010 model, replaced in the spring

The C530 has a good rep for gaming if that's of interest. There is a panel lottery with Samsung where you may get a lesser quality panel (how bad it really is, don't know)

If you want a plasma for better motion etc, look at the 42S20 (no other 42" 1080p ones afaik)

Sony ex503 is fantastic! I have a 40" model, see the threads it gets good reviews

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom