1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Comet.co.uk

Discussion in 'TVs' started by bash, Feb 5, 2003.

1. bash

bash

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +344
    What is comet.co.uk like in terms of service/reliability? Empire and QED arent gonna have the 32ZD26P in anytime soon, and apparently Comet have got it for around the same price after delivery.

Anyone had any good/bad experiences with them?

thanx in advance for an impression.

2. JonP81

JonP81
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Have you spoke to comet?

As when i asked them about it they had 2 left and wouldnt be getting anymore and that was about 3 weeks ago :(

3. bash

bash

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +344
    Crap!

K, Im getting onto the phone with them ASAP. I cant wait 14 'Working' days for Empire, Unbeatable or QED to get it in.

Might have to ask RGB-Direct and PRC also.

4. ryanos

ryanos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
  5. bash

bash

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +344
    wow, thanx for the link. I'll think I'll try RGB or PRC as they have shops near me.

6. roadtorode

roadtorode

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Mmmm. I ordered a TV from them in November. Took delivery quickly enough, but have never received any sales (proof of purchase) paperwork. The phone lines were jammed before christmas, email was ignored, but finally, I got a call back from a 'manager', who assured me it would be sent out. It wasn't. After Christmas, I finally got through on the 'phone line, and was assured it would be sent out. It wasn't. I finally wrote to the customer services manager, and await a reply.

Oddly enough, they managed to get a form for an expensive warranty increase policy out to me though...!

Although not a big deal, it makes you wonder about their processes, procedures and capabilities...

7. roadtorode

roadtorode

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    At last, two and a half months later, I have a proof-of-purchase receipt ! The moral of the story is "put pen to paper"

8. afleming

afleming
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    All the following have been bought from comet. I am on my 2nd kv24ls35 and that was switched no hassle. I am on my 2nd kv28fx66 and that is now being exchanged as it is faulty for a 32 fx 66. Comet have been completely helpful and am very pleased with service. I paid 733 for my 28fx66 and for the 32fx66 they said they would meet me half way on their internet proce of 972. so i have effectively paid about 850 for the set. Am well pleased. However still keeping my fingers crossed that it is a good one. In my view sony reallly need a rocket up their QA department.