Comet and pricematching PS3 games?

Waynej

Distinguished Member
I have a £110 giftcard to spend at Comet, my bro has gone down shopping and I've been browsing tinternet and found Resistance and Motorstorm for £29.99 each at choicesuk.com. Now there is a choices very near the comet store he is going to so I've told him to pop in and check on stock and price then if thats the case he should be able to go to COMET either with some proof from choices or perhaps comet will need to ring choices and find out?

Either way I'm hoping I end up with both games costing me less than £27 each when takingoff the 10%

The below is the policy according to comets website.. whats interesting is we pricematched a TV about a year ago and noone mentioned about it being beat by 10% - it just got price matched, so I wonder if we got conned a little bit (still thats another story for another topic).

"What's more, if you buy anything from us and find it at a better price at a store within 10 miles of your nearest Comet, let us know within 14 days. We won't just match the price – we'll beat it by an extra 10% of the difference, provided that:

The item is boxed and sold as new
It's in stock and available for immediate delivery"
link to the above quote:
http://www.comet.co.uk/cometbrowse/...ng.htm&pageName=Services_pricing&knowledge=no

Is choicesuk.com a shop or just an online store?
If its just an online shop I cant imagine theres anyway they would price match it,they wouldn't even price match a TV against there own website when I tried years ago.

Waynej

Distinguished Member
Is choicesuk.com a shop or just an online store?
If its just an online shop I cant imagine theres anyway they would price match it,they wouldn't even price match a TV against there own website when I tried years ago.
They are both an online sotre and a shop. There basically like Blockbuster a rental company but also sell the stuff too.

No matter anyway, my bro went to choices and they still have the games a £39.99 each... I really thought they'd be the same in store because Resistance and Motorstorm were the only games marked at £29.99 each on the site where as the majority were £39.99

emporer

Banned
They wont ever pricematch to online prices, choices may have an online arm of the business but the stores sell the games for £39.99 and Comet will phone a local one if you have one and pricematch from that, if you haven't got a local Choices then they wont even entertain the idea.

TwoJs

Distinguished Member
Yep comet are complete arseholes, wanted a toshiba 32wlt66 on there website for £619 in store at £699 said I wanted to pick up and pay there online price the shop monkey said I can have the online price but pay £699 which included gift vouchers, told him to stick where the sun dont shine, I started walking towards the door the gimp ran after me saying yes sir we can do that (obviously on the verge of losing a sale) well done comet excellent customer service, I think not !! :thumbsup:

C

Captain-Scarlet

I got a Panasonic 32 Lcd for my mum last year and Comet Priced matched there own website was £1,300 got the TV for £1,050.The set had only been out two weeks in the shop! I even got them to put my upscaleing dvd player on 2 other tv's to see which one was best..The Winner was the Pannasonic!
They really did not like me trying my dvd player on the tv's but they wanted a sale and you dont buy stuff by looks alone!!!.

winstano

I got my TV and PS3 from Comet.. The guy didn't have a problem matching the PS3 to £399 (well, less 10% from that, so about £395), and didn't worry about the £799 for the telly... Overall I was well happy! HD Gaming from the moment I got home! (Shame I had to come back to uni with a crappy 14" SDTV :( )

winstano

They only do 10% f the difference in price...

So because Blockbuster offered it for £399, comet took 10% of £25, so it was only really £2.50...

(I realise that wasn't clear on the original post, but I had been drinking =P)

Adcook

Distinguished Member
Yep comet are complete arseholes, wanted a toshiba 32wlt66 on there website for £619 in store at £699 said I wanted to pick up and pay there online price the shop monkey said I can have the online price but pay £699 which included gift vouchers, told him to stick where the sun dont shine, I started walking towards the door the gimp ran after me saying yes sir we can do that (obviously on the verge of losing a sale) well done comet excellent customer service, I think not !! :thumbsup:
I worked as a PC salesman for comet about 8-9 years ago, just weekends to supplement my student drinking fund, it was a shambles, thankfully it was before internet shopping was big so we never had too many people asking for an internet price match. In order to make sales a lot of the guys would discount and just say it was a price match from next door (Currys) even though it blatently wasnt and we were supposed to get proof. Also we were constantly having to replace the price stickers as customers would steal them and take them next door to get Currys to price match our stuff that was cheaper. Im not sure if its still the case but the best way to get discount when I was there if you were buying something big (without taking a worthless extended warrantee) was to get one of their store cards and use that for your purchase. We were able to give 10% discount without question and sometimes more if it was a slow day, and instead of getting a cash discount ask for other items instead and provided the balance was cleared within a month you paid no interest. Eg Id sell a £500 camcorder but instead of giving the customer a cash discount of £50 id other them accessories up to the value of £100 as the cost to Comet was much less, eg a carry case or a few spare tapes. Glad I got out of there though, it was hell-on-earth but the commision and the staff discount was worth it, remember buying a Pioneer DVD player when they first came out that we were selling for £500 for £330 just because the instructions were missing, I still have it to this day in the bedroom.

Sqweeky Badger

I got a Panasonic 32 Lcd for my mum last year and Comet Priced matched there own website was £1,300 got the TV for £1,050.The set had only been out two weeks in the shop! I even got them to put my upscaleing dvd player on 2 other tv's to see which one was best..The Winner was the Pannasonic!
They really did not like me trying my dvd player on the tv's but they wanted a sale and you dont buy stuff by looks alone!!!.
i did this with my dads lg, i took my 360 in, thay were more than happy to accommodate my needs:smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

LG SN11RG Dolby Atmos Soundbar, plus, XBOOM Go PN7 & PL7 Wireless Speaker Reviews
Top Bottom