Comedy shows that you'd like to see repeated that never are

HMHB

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
We are inundated with repeat after repeat of Only Fools and Horses, Open All Hours, Fawlty Towers etc but there are certain comedy shows that never seem to get a repeat - well I've not seen them repeated recently.

A few I'd like to see are:-

The Goodies
The Top Secret Life of Edgar Briggs ( starring David Jason)
Get Some In
I Didn't Know You Cared

Last edited:
Chance In A Million (fantastic series!)
Absolutely! (as influential as Python!)
I Didn't Know You Cared
The Goodies (both BBC and ITV series)

These sort of shows need to be brought to a new audience!

Happy Families ... remember that?

Six part comedy serial from Ben Elton, with iirc Jennifer Saunders as a dying matriach and her five daughters, along with with French, Fry, Laurie, Mayall, Edmonson, Lederer, et al ...

Was just after the Young Ones ended, so probably 84/85, shot on film I remember

Not exactly a classic, but featured many well known faces

also another sitcom with Rowland Rivron playing his Doctor character (Dr Scrote??) from Jonathan Ross' Last Resort chat show, and 5 brothers - made up the six episodes, just like Jennifer Saunders characters made up the episodes of Happy Families

I rented the first DVD of The Goodies and it really hasn't aged well. I cancelled the other disks of the series.

I rented the first DVD of The Goodies and it really hasn't aged well. I cancelled the other disks of the series.

As I recall it was the early shows that worked for me. Some of the later episodes were not that great. I'd like to see them released series by series rather than compliations.

Bri

As I recall it was the early shows that worked for me. Some of the later episodes were not that great. I'd like to see them released series by series rather than compliations.

Bri

I agree - especially the ITV series where the budget wasn't up to what had gone before on the Beeb!

I find it annoying that they've been releasing as compilations rather than actual series.

Absolutely
Glam Metal Detectives

the grumbleweeds.
spitting image.
friends.....:laugh:

It Ain't Half Hot Mum......

Some Mother's Do 'ave 'em.

Crawford did some crazy stunts and every one of 'em had me in tears of laughter.

The Comedians was a hoot too. Not pc but who cares!

I know it's a bit lightweight but I really enjoyed Home To Roost starring John Thaw...sorry.

Scully, not strictly a comedy but would live to see it again

Bread
Some Mothers Do Have 'em
Spitting Image

We are inundated with repeat after repeat of Only Fools and Horses, Open All Hours, Fawlty Towers etc but there are certain comedy shows that never seem to get a repeat - well I've not seen them repeated recently.

A few I'd like to see are:-

The Goodies
The Top Secret Life of Edgar Briggs ( starring David Jason)
Get Some In

The BBC are showing The Goodies late in the evening from Wednesday 22nd of December :)

BBC3? If so we'll have that damn logo.

:(
Bri
Just Googled the goodies wednesday 22 december, and the results show an official Facebook page and this info ... "The Goodies" are scheduled for broadcast on BBC Two from Wednesday 22 to Thursday 30 December

I know it's a bit lightweight but I really enjoyed Home To Roost starring John Thaw...sorry.
That's been repeated several times, as my TiVo would catch episodes via a John Thaw Season Pass.

The sitcom I want is....Watching. A few episodes where shown on Granada on Sky before the channel was pulled. :rolleyes:

Just Googled the goodies wednesday 22 december, and the results show an official Facebook page and this info ... "The Goodies" are scheduled for broadcast on BBC Two from Wednesday 22 to Thursday 30 December

Cheers Krish, great news!

:smashin:
Bri

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom