come on throw us a bone

thomasb

Established Member
Reaction score
this is a simple question from a simple person so here goes,

i have a new sharp lcga6 lcd tv a new yamaha 757 amp and getting a full size 5.1 speaker package (still undecided) ialso have sky plus and a phillips dvd player with only scart/s video/an audio video out and a digital audio out.

ive got all the kit (almost) but how on earth do i connect it all together and what with?didnt realise putting all together was going to be so complicate.

any help would be great. :lease:

A first time set up can seem quite daunting at first but logic soon comes into play and it's not so difficult.
I'm guessing that the LCD will have component inputs so connect the LCD to the amp via a component cable. Use s-video for Sky+ and DVD player to the amp. You can also connect both Sky+ and the DVD player to the TV via scart (If you have 2 scart inputs) if you don't want the amp on all the time. Don't forget to connect either a digital coax or optical cable from Sky+ and DVD to the amp for DD5.1. Be careful as you may have to rename one or two of the optical in connections on the amp if you decide to connect that way. Check the manual for instructions.
I have the Yammy 750 which is capable of video switching and upconverting s-video to component so I guess the 757 will do too.
Speakers connect as per instructions in the amps manual. Connect the subwoofer via low line level connection to either left or right phono inputs on the sub.

If you're stuck, carefully read the manual for all components or come back if you feel something doesn't seem quite right and let us know which speakers you ended up buying. :smashin:

Malabbey said:
A first time set up can seem quite daunting at first but logic soon comes into play and it's not so difficult.
I'm guessing that the LCD will have component inputs so connect the LCD to the amp via a component cable. Use s-video for Sky+ and DVD player to the amp. You can also connect both Sky+ and the DVD player to the TV via scart (If you have 2 scart inputs) if you don't want the amp on all the time. Don't forget to connect either a digital coax or optical cable from Sky+ and DVD to the amp for DD5.1. Be careful as you may have to rename one or two of the optical in connections on the amp if you decide to connect that way. Check the manual for instructions.
I have the Yammy 750 which is capable of video switching and upconverting s-video to component so I guess the 757 will do too.
Speakers connect as per instructions in the amps manual. Connect the subwoofer via low line level connection to either left or right phono inputs on the sub.

If you're stuck, carefully read the manual for all components or come back if you feel something doesn't seem quite right and let us know which speakers you ended up buying. :smashin:

thank you your a star.
so i will need:

1 component
2 scarts
2 s-video
2 optical
speaker cable.

again tanks again for the help. :smashin:

thomasb said:
thank you your a star.
so i will need:

1 component
2 scarts
2 s-video
2 optical
speaker cable.

again tanks again for the help. :smashin:
Sounds about right (unless someone else has something else to add) :)

would i get a better picture if i used scart to s video leads to connect the sky and dvd to the amp instead of s video to s video?

I doubt it. I don't see the need to connect scart to s-video when you can do a direct s-video connection already. Where available, always try to do direct connections, ie scart to scart, s-video to s-video etc, if you can.

had a demo of the radius and b&w todayloved the b&w collecting on tuesday,the m&ks sounded even better but couldnt justify the extra money when the b&ws are so good.thanks for the advice on set up.
:clap:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom