1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

come on then - help me join the 21st century

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by adi, Jul 8, 2003.

1. adi

adi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i currently posses a large slab of rock, cunningly fashioned into the shape of a mobile phone which is on Virgin PAYG.

ive now decided to upgrade to new phone with loadsa features and go monthly contract.

a mate has got a samsung T100 - another mate has got a motorola T720 - i like both phones with the samsung probably swinging it. Im not bothered about camera phones.

after spending hours browsing, the best deal i can find is on orange.......£25 per month - 120minutes anytime any network and 250 texts......samsung £80, Motorola £free.

are these killer deals or has anyone got any better

adi

2. captaindobie

captaindobie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    try www.directmobilephones.com
    I purchased my SL55 from them. Service was excellent and they seem to offer some very competitive deals.
    Also got my girlfriend, my brother and a work colleague to order from them and they all received excellent service with a very quick delivery time.
    They are certainly offering the T100 (on Orange) free with a £25 per month contract (120 cross network minutes with a free text message offer) + free accessories.
    Worth having a look anyway.:smashin:

3. Nobber22

Nobber22

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +109
    £25 is expensive! I pay £10 per month and get 100 mins calls free with Vodafone. No texts, but then I think texts are the spawn of the devil anyway. :rolleyes: Ripoff too!

4. kennydies

kennydies

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I use onestopphoneshop.co.uk. The trick is to raise the monthly cost of your contract (which lowers the price of the phone) then change to a more reasonable tariff after 4 months.

5. adi

adi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    well - went with orange online in the end - got the motorola t720e for free - £25 a month for 120 xnet minutes and 250 texts.

quite impressed with the phone - bearing in mind for the last 2 years ive had an "alcatel max" which could make calls and text !!

all i need to do now is be a right old saddo and download pictures / screensavers / ringtones / etc to "personalise" the phone - anyone use any decent sites ???

cheers

adi