Come on then........be honest

Andy_Jack

Novice Member
PanasonicTH 37PX70 37" plasma or Toshiba X3030db 37" LCD?

These two are my final choice in the right price bracket for me, but seriously good folks, I need your help, which one will be the best buy. I want it to watch Sky HD, Bluray movies and SD tv. 37" is the right size for my room too. I am an amateur at all this HD stuff, so please help, which one?

cheers

Andy

Bumtious

Banned
I personally would go for the Panasonic plasma any day.

So would I, but thats the answer you are going to get on the plasma forum.

Go look and decide for yourself.

Look at a HD feed, an sd feed, sport if you watch it and freeview.

Try and look at them in a dark environment and look at them from angles, ie where your seat are in the room, the lcd will looked washed out from the side.

kevH

PanasonicTH 37PX70 37" plasma or Toshiba X3030db 37" LCD?

These two are my final choice in the right price bracket for me, but seriously good folks, I need your help, which one will be the best buy. I want it to watch Sky HD, Bluray movies and SD tv. 37" is the right size for my room too. I am an amateur at all this HD stuff, so please help, which one?

cheers

Andy

Dont suppose your going to get many votes for LCD here , to my eyes Plasma is still the way to go both SD & HD and especially as i watch a lot of sport (wife permitting):smashin:

usagi13

Andy,

I have a 37 PX70 in my living room and a Sony 32 inch S2010 upstairs in the spare room (to be replaced with a D3000 at the weekend).

Both have their strengths and weaknesses.

For your preference's the PX70 is your best choice, I have done some side by side comparison and for SD TV Plasma is definitely the best. When it comes to HD the gap is a lot closer and it would be down to personal preference.

jsandel1

IS your room bright??
Lots of reflections?

I had to have LCD for conservatory as Plasma would reflect too much in there!!

Both good enough!!

punkymunky

We are in the 'I love plasma' forum and I have a plasma but spent a good part of last weekend toying with the latest Samsung 32". I would really love to say it's great but it's basically useless for watching TV.

In my experience LCD is far, far worse than good old CRT for SD and DVD which has great contrast, realistic colour and depth. Plasma is almost as good in terms of contrast, colour and depth and better in resolution and size which as we all know, matters.

Bottom line is, you will enjoy watching on plasma and CRT but never on LCD.

chambeaj

Plasma wins by a mile.

Andy_Jack

Novice Member
Well thanks all for your advice. I have decided to go for a Panasonic TH42PX70 plasma. After various demos, reviews and reading sessions, this TV seems to come up trumps and tick all the right boxes. I looked at 1080p demos on LCDs and then on the plasma and really could not tell the difference except when fast moving or sport action was on. Then the plasma won on all counts.

Thanks all.

kevH

Im filling up here :D The perfect ending, bloke wants advice bloke gets advice bloke goes to view the advised bloke buys the advised !!

How goods that :smashin::smashin:

Andy_Jack

Novice Member
Im filling up here :D The perfect ending, bloke wants advice bloke gets advice bloke goes to view the advised bloke buys the advised !!

How goods that :smashin::smashin:

Thats how it worked.:smashin:

ps, got it for £879 delivered with 3 year warranty from ED. (ped model)

ozzzy189

Distinguished Member

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom