Come on......please help me decide.

Andy_Jack

Novice Member
I have also asked this same question on the Plasma forum.

PanasonicTH 37PX70 37" plasma or Toshiba X3030db 37" LCD?

These two are my final choice in the right price bracket for me, but seriously good folks, I need your help, which one will be the best buy. I want it to watch Sky HD, Bluray movies and SD tv. 37" is the right size for my room too. I am an amateur at all this HD stuff, so please help, which one?

cheers

Andy

Loobster

Novice Member
If you aren't using it with your PC, get the Plasma.

Blackbolt360

Novice Member
I will be using it for PS3 gaming though. Will it be ok?
If you like playing for only an hour at a time and then waiting several hours between plays. Otherwise you're prone to screen burn-in. Don't dare pause your screen, you'll have the image burnt in for a while.

Gaming/PC/Static Imagary = LCD
Movies/Standard Def TV/Freeview = Plasma.

Andy_Jack

Novice Member
If you like playing for only an hour at a time and then waiting several hours between plays. Otherwise you're prone to screen burn-in. Don't dare pause your screen, you'll have the image burnt in for a while.

Gaming/PC/Static Imagary = LCD
Movies/Standard Def TV/Freeview = Plasma.
Is the threat of screen burn really that bad on modern plasmas? Should I be worried if the sky logo's are on too long? Thats waht worries me about plasma's.

Blackbolt360

Novice Member
Is the threat of screen burn really that bad on modern plasmas? Should I be worried if the sky logo's are on too long? Thats waht worries me about plasma's.
Well the Plasma users will tell you its not a threat, if you do as above, don't use it for long periods of time, don't leave static images on screen, channel logos are the worst for TV screenburn. But yes even today Plasmas are succeptable to burn in. Plasmas require you too look after them, you've got to be very careful using it, LCDs you don't need to worry when using it.

jsandel1

I don't worry about burn on my TV's!!!

Just turn your settings down and take plasma's out of dynamic mode!!!!

IMO

Andy_Jack

Novice Member
Well thanks all for your advice. I have decided to go for a Panasonic TH42PX70 plasma. After various demos, reviews and reading sessions, this TV seems to come up trumps and tick all the right boxes. I looked at 1080p demos on LCDs and then on the plasma and really could not tell the difference except when fast moving or sport action was on. Then the plasma won on all counts.

Thanks all.

Dazzaroonie

Novice Member
Might be too late now, but have you considered 100Hz enabled LCDs? This function allows for much smoother motion!

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom