Come on, own up. Anyone else gone arse over tit ?

John

Reaction score
Had a little tumble yesterday :blush:. Have Anterior Talofibular and Anterior Inferior Tibiofibular ligament damage :clap:
Special thanks to the triage Nurse who stuck her thumb well and truly into both this morning :smashin: .
On the upside , I was in A&E for an amazingly short period of time :clap:. Must be some sort of record

Not in the recent snow but a few times have done it going up stairs or out and about with friends, nothing more embarrassing :facepalm:, once i came off my bike into a prickle bush, came out of it and my face looked like freddy krueger had gone for me, didnt leave the house for a few days after that.

once i came off my bike into a prickle bush, came out of it and my face looked like freddy krueger had gone for me, didnt leave the house for a few days after that.

I did something similar once . Except it was stinging nettles . Lovely summers day . Just wearing shorts an jesus boots ................

In the last cold snap I bruised my buttocks doing a comedy legs up in the air slip near the train station.

Right after I fell, a girl came to see if I was OK, I told her how embarrassing it was and she told me not to worry because she'd fallen three times already that day.

We ended up shuffling down the steep hill arm in arm which reassured me that a stranger trusted the bearded, gruff looking me enough not to suspect I was a sex offender.

A proud day.

Last year I did it loads of times. So far this year, I'm either more sober or these walking shoes are more grippy. I've seen a few folks fall on their arses this year though. It's initially quite funny until you realise it's some old dear....

Ha. Knew it was a matter of time. Less than 30 steps from the front door. SWOOOSH. On my ass.

Dunno wot yer worried about.

Most of us have plenty of padding in that area :D:D;)

nothing for me so far this year... although last year I thought it would be a good idea to go for a quick bike ride through the local country park over the xmas period.

Fell off 7 times in 3 miles due to the ice! The worst one by far was when the bike went one way and I slid across the ice in the other direction towards the river, managed to stop about 2 yards from it! :eek:

Yep, and still suffering. Done my knee in quite badly which is starting to look like a mouldy apple, and every time my jeans scrape the scabs it wrecks a bit.

The most shameful part of it was that I was worse for wear when it happened and I couldn't get up lol. Two women had to help me up (apparently :rolleyes:)

The shame of it. :facepalm:

In Jan of this year I fell and fractured my ankle in 2 places. 8 weeks in a cast and 3 months of physio. I've been working from home for most of this week. Just not worth the risk IMHO.

This morning, walking into the office holding a fairly large box of archive documents, slipped, lost balance and down i went like a sack of spuds. :blush:

I was completely unscathed, other than my pride. However the box of paperwork spilled everywhere, the wind did the rest.....the funny thing was i immediately got up and decided to watch my misfortune unfold, a temperal trance took over me, time seamed to stand still,. that was until i saw someone from the corner of my eye come to my aid. Yep, i felt a right tit & an arse.

Sid

Was walking back from the supermarket during the last lot of snow and unexpectedly caught some wicked air :D Luckily, a 4-pint bottle of milk broke my fall and soaked into my parka and jeans. That was a smelly walk home.

Monday, down on me arse once.

Tuesday, down twice, slipped over first time, fell of bike second time.

Wednesday, was spent mostly upright.(day off)

Thursday, on me arse again.

Friday, just one small tumble

oh the joys of delivering mail/packets. Now i'm sore.

Saturday, watch this space
Sunday, only alcohol induced stumbles on a sunday.

Have managed to just about avoid going over during the last few winters but came 'so' close the other day on an angled pavement with polished ice. Only grabbing at the chain-link fencing prevented me head-butting a brick wall... which probably wouldn't have been very clever! Have been trying to plan out my routes to work to avoid any slopes and blackspots for ice as much as possible.

So glad it's starting to melt here!

Have yet to fall myself although have seen dozens of other people fall. One woman slipped on the road and nearly went under a bus. :eek:

I haven't hit the dirt during the current freeze, but about 3 weeks ago we had a bad nights frost and I went up in the air outside the front door, came down on my ass 3 steps further down and actually hit the edge of the step with my right side.

Had the most impressive bruise of my life, which lasted 2 full weeks. It was round and deep dark purple and about 5 inches diameter. I'd have taken some pics and shared, but the bruise in question was in the middle of my right bum cheek...

Got out of my cab on wednesday to weigh out of a corus (TATA) site. Stepped onto the metal surrounding the weigh bridge and I was all of a sudden flayling arms everywhere.

A few seconds later I had stedied myself and found I had made it to the other side (width ways) to the weigh bridge !!

Was very funny.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom