1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Come across

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Babylon, May 7, 2003.

1. Babylon

Babylon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Has anybody come across this before,a friend of mine has got a Multi Region Pioneer DV626 which he has had for a couple of years, he has been useing it with a Sony STR DB-940 with no problems for those 2 years, well last week he took delivery of a brand new 3803, plugged in the 626 and got Dolby Digital but no DTS.
    DTS output comes up on the front of 626 but it shows Dolby Digital on the front of the Denon and he gets no sound, plug the 626 into the Sony and he get DTS output show up on the front of the 626 and Sony and gets DTS sound, the same is true when we plugged it into a Yamaha DSPa595a, no problems.
    The next thing we did was to plug a cheap Acoustic Solutions into the Denon, all was fine, DTS output from the Acoustic, DTS on the front of the Denon, and DTS sound out of the speakers, so we tryed one more thing, and that was to plug the 626 into my 3802 which has been faultless with my Pioneer DV-515 and guess what,it didn't work, DTS comes up on the front of the 626, Dolby Digital comes up on my 3802, and we get no sound, so were stumped.
    Phoned up Pioneer and they had no answer to the riddle and Denon were no better, everyone is now stumped, so in short, with the 626 we can get DTS sound with a Sony and a Yamaha but not with a 3802 or 03, so get your head round that one.

2. Sunday Ironfoot

Sunday Ironfoot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can you give more details, like what connections you are using (co-ax, optical), settings on the amp/DVD player etc?

3. Babylon

Babylon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Using Co-ax, but apart from that all other setting are normal,I'v had my 3802 for 6 Months and I know how to use it, he has had he's 626 for 2years and I the 515 for 3 and that is as good as the same,Cheers mate,but To be honest I dont think anyone can help, put it this way,you can watch a DTS film through the Sony and the Yamaha but not a 3802 or 3803, all seems a bit spooky really,but you have give me an idea as I don't think it was tryed with a Digital lead,so will give that a go.