• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Combining Max Value 200MBS Homeplug with Devlo Wifi homeplug

Firestorm998

Standard Member
I currently have a set of the Max Value 200mbps plugs connecting via ehternet from router in the lounge to pc in the loft. I'm looking to add a wifi type homeplug to include a squeezebox onto the network as its currently on the bounds of my existing wifi range and keeps dropping, and hopefully extend the wifi range into my garden.

I can't see that Max Value make a wifi type Homeplug so I'm thinking of the Devloo 200 AV Wireless N Starter Kit.

Is mixing manafacturers likely to work or just result in endeless frustration???

themediaman

Established Member
I think as long as they both have the home plug certification mark then they will interoperate fine............check out the Honmeplug FAQ at the top of the Networking and NAS section......

psikey

Distinguished Member
I currently have a set of the Max Value 200mbps plugs connecting via ehternet from router in the lounge to pc in the loft. I'm looking to add a wifi type homeplug to include a squeezebox onto the network as its currently on the bounds of my existing wifi range and keeps dropping, and hopefully extend the wifi range into my garden.

I can't see that Max Value make a wifi type Homeplug so I'm thinking of the Devloo 200 AV Wireless N Starter Kit.

Is mixing manafacturers likely to work or just result in endeless frustration???

Unless things have changed, there are a number of implementations of the 200 Homeplug and generally its not advisable to mix them. There's a set standard for the 14 & 85 ones so they work with each other.

beerhunter

Distinguished Member
Unless things have changed, there are a number of implementations of the 200 Homeplug and generally its not advisable to mix them. There's a set standard for the 14 & 85 ones so they work with each other.
Nothing has changed, there aren't "a number of implementations of the 200AV Homeplug", different brands will all interoperate quite happily and, (finally) there IS a standard for HomePlug 200AV.

Are you confusing HomePlug, which is a set of standards, with generic poweliner networking?

Last edited:

psikey

Distinguished Member
beerhunter said:
Nothing has changed, there aren't "a number of implementations of the 200AV Homeplug", different brands will all interoperate quite happily and, (finally) there IS a standard for HomePlug 200AV.

Are you confusing HomePlug, which is a set of standards, with generic poweliner networking?

Must have been advised wrong myself in the past! I've just been buying Devolo brand (6 off them now).

Thanks for the correction.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom