1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Combined DAB and FM outlet

Discussion in 'Music Streamers' started by laalves, Jul 28, 2005.

1. laalves

laalves

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Hi all,

Moving to a new place, I want to manufacture a combined DAB and FM outlet for my T32R-dab.

I need a BNC female, panel mountable (I got one already) and a F female (my T32R came from the US).

Ready to use F female outlets are readily available, matching all my home's other outlets design but there are none with BNC.

I want to combine the two female plugs in a single outlet and as such I'll get a two hole outlet, for TV and Satellite.

I'll mill the interior (I have a bench milling machine) of the outlet and remove the TV plug.

All this annoying text just to ask this: can I combine the ground pole of the DAB and FM signals at outlet level? At tuner level, both signals have common ground, the tuner chassis. Can I do the same at the outlet?

Luis

2. GrahamMG

GrahamMG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +192
    The shields can be joined together, on every triplex plate I have ever seen does this without issue.....

3. laalves

laalves

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Er..... Triplex plate??? What that be then? :lease:

Is it F, TV and BNC???? I want one! Well, most likely F, TV, FM....

Luis

4. GrahamMG

GrahamMG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +192
    cpc.com do one , it is F type for SAT signals, and a male and female Belling Lee for TV and FM. Frankly you are wasting your time to have a BNC on this plate, the Belling Lee will be just fine, just bung a BNC on the other end for the T32RDAB.....
    The triplex plate is used in conjunction with a combiner at the aerial end so you only have one drop lead..... other similar types are available for connecting each aerial connector seperately......

5. laalves

laalves

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Well, there's a design factor here, which is to match my wall gear. They're made by merten.de but they also do triplex, I now realize.... What you say maybe a practical solution.

On the other hand, I already bought a 50 ohm BNC cable, to go with the 50 ohm aerial I also already have and, on the other hand, merten does a single BNC outlet, so, maybe I'll use two separate outlets.

Luis