Combi boiler needed, Vaillant any good???

leeno382

Hi guys, i have been told i need a new Combi boiler, a 28 upwards, been looking for 1, but there are so many, ive been highly recommended by 3 gas engineers to go for a Vaillant 28 upwards, but the reviews on some dont sound too promising, anyone have any suggestions? thank you regards Lee:thumbsup:

The Dark Horse

Hi guys, i have been told i need a new Combi boiler, a 28 upwards, been looking for 1, but there are so many, ive been highly recommended by 3 gas engineers to go for a Vaillant 28 upwards, but the reviews on some dont sound too promising, anyone have any suggestions? thank you regards Lee:thumbsup:
I'm no expert buy the Potterton Gold HE range have won 'Which Magazines' Best Buy award a few times. I was always told its installation can make a huge difference, a good boiler installed badly obviously isn't good.

I have also heard people say Worcester Bosch are very good

clc.sheff

Distinguished Member
For fear of being torn down in flames by an AV plumber, we've recently had a Baxi Duotec fitted which was a Which best buy.

I've also had an Alpha fitted elsewhere that has been trouble free so far for ( I think) 7 years.

Both were 28's.

adrianmurray

Novice Member
I have had a Vaillant system boiler for 5 years. It has been very reliable, very quiet and never been serviced. They are not the cheapest but you are paying for German engineering. Would definitely buy one again.

PJTX100

Distinguished Member
Worcester Bosch.

I'm not sure what they are like now, but recently had our 20 yr old one serviced and the comment was "as good as new".

And with 4 kids, it gets hammered.

qwerty321

We have had a Vaillant for years now and its still going strong.

During the winter our heating pretty much always stays on at various temperatures.

Ive heard the Worcester Bosch ones are good but at the higher end of the price scale.

leeno382

Ahh right. thanks guys, Ive always thought highly of the worcester boilers, you get what you pay for, so therefore i presume the vaillant must be similar, ive got a 1970's boiler in at the min, so anything must be better than nothing at all, but i want something thats gonna last, i might have a look at both the worcester and vaillant, preferably go with the latter.... cheers people....

Ayub

Distinguished Member
Valiant were good as are most boiler tbh, I'm speaking as a landlord and have had no problems with them. I would suggest that you buy a boiler slighter "larger" than your needs. IE 28 or a 30 dont buy small ones they cant pump the water and heat is faster enough. I always buy 30-35 litres per minute and would not consider anything smaller.

the whistler

I'm also looking for a new combi. I quite like the look of the Ravensheat CombiStore boilers as they have an attached hot water storage cylinder. The 'waste' heat from the condensor is used to heat up the water in the tank, so when you demand hot water you have a 'free' supply. However they are a bit pricey!

zircon3035

We had a Vaillant Ecotec Plus installed two years ago and it was a big improvement over the old boiler system. It comfortably runs 10 radiators (3 double), is compact and quiet in use.

HTH,

Ian

mij

My Vaillant VCW sine 18 T3 W is at least 25 years old and still going strong.

dazza1011

Novice Member
we have a Vailant ecotec pro 28 cracking boiler and are fitted in the council houses as they are very reliable and good for spares along with Worcester Bosch 2 very good boilers

jojomojo1971

Novice Member
i work in a hotel and we use vailent boilers and you can imagine the hammer they get and at home we have a worchester bosh. would recomend both to anyone.

Ruperts slippers

Distinguished Member
Wb cdi range ,vaillant ecotec plus or baxi duotec(platinum).
Stay away from ,ravenheat,vokera,b and q boilers,biaisi,ferroli,

Unless its a flat you should be aiming for 28,30,33,kw to give you a good hot water flow ,mains cold water flow rate permitting.

We have a storage boiler in our flat which gives 25 litres per min flow rate,full mains pressure and never runs out ,,,,ace..

Of course it all depends on your budget and you can get what you want..

leeno382

Thanks guys, i have a shortlist of a Vaillant 837, Baxi Duotec 40k, or a vaillant pro 28.... decisions decisions.... cheers folks...

N42

worcester bosch 37 cdi here, excellent if not expensive boiler.

leeno382

Bought a Vaillant 837 for £1150 with flu, good price for this boiler, thanks guys for your help, much appreciated....

DaMouse

Novice Member
Leeno, wondered how you've got on with your Valliant? I've got to get a new combi-boiler and I've been quoted for one, amongst others. Would be interested in your first-hand review. Thanks in advance for your help!

markie g

Distinguished Member
I have one and it's excellent. Must be about 8 years old now and going strong, flies through the service every year.

sergiup

Distinguished Member
Leeno, wondered how you've got on with your Valliant? I've got to get a new combi-boiler and I've been quoted for one, amongst others. Would be interested in your first-hand review. Thanks in advance for your help!
We've had an EcoTec 837 for a couple of years now, and it's been great. For whatever it's worth, I chose this one because of the stainless steel heat exchanger.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips OLED+935 impressions, Denon AVC110 Review, Film Reviews, News and More...

Latest News

Samsung updates and expands access to Samsung TV Plus
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Disney+ UK introduces GroupWatch co-viewing feature
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
What's new on Netflix UK for November 2020
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Harman Kardon launches Citation Amp
  • By Andy Bassett