Coma (A&E)

raigraphixs

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
'Coma' from A&E Network (US) is a four-hour epic two-night event from producers Ridley and Tony Scott.

A&E's Coma is a modern retelling of Robin Cook's 1977 novel as well as a remake of a previous feature film in 1978 adaptation by Michael Crichton (both of the same name).

A thriller about a young doctor (Lauren Ambrose) who discovers that something sinister is going on in her hospital after routine procedures send more than a few seemingly healthy patients into comas on the operating table.

James Woods, Geena Davis, Richard Dreyfuss, Ellen Burstyn, Lauren Ambrose (Six Feet Under, Torchwood: Miracle Day), Steven Pasquale (Rescue Me), James Rebhorn (Law & Order, White Collar), Joe Morton (The Good Wife), Michael Weston (House), Joseph Mazello (The Pacific, The Social Network).

Directed by Mikael Salomon (Band of Brothers)

Written by John J. McLaughlin (Black Swan)

“Coma,” a modern day retelling of the bestselling novel by Robin Cook and based on the film by Michael Crichton, premieres on Labor Day, Monday, September 3rd, and concludes on Tuesday, September 4th, airing at 9PM ET/PT on both nights.

Teaser

comaa.jpg

Last edited:
Wonder if it'll come to the UK?
I enjoy most of the Scott brothers productions.

I'm a big fan of the original film, one of the last conspiracy thrillers of the 70s with a great performance by Genevieve Bujold at a time when women were not cast in heroic action roles (and a year before Alien). These TV remakes are rarely any good (The Andromeda Strain mini-series was abysmal ) but this has a great cast and I like Lauren Ambrose, so hopefully it will turn out well.

The official show site has gone up if anybody is interested..

www.aetv.com/coma

I only Just stumbled across this but it certainly sounds promising.

I hope this isn't a silly question but given the recent tragedy is this actually still going to be aired as scheduled?

I hope this isn't a silly question but given the recent tragedy is this actually still going to be aired as scheduled?

A&E are still advertising it for Labor Day in US (3rd)

Their TV production company is behind it (also The Good Wife, and the occasional miniseries), but they are not the day to day creatives/showrunners
- this and the new season of The Good Wife are bound to carry a dedication to Tony Scott

Last edited:

what tragedy do you mean? i've seen the original movie and presume this is a similar story, and i can't think of any recent news that's similar to the main theme/story

unique said:
what tragedy do you mean? i've seen the original movie and presume this is a similar story, and i can't think of any recent news that's similar to the main theme/story

This show is "presented by Ridley and Tony Scott", given the very recent passing of Tony Scott I wondered if this might have been put on Hiatus for a while. They've both been heavily involved in creating this.

Episode 1 was intriguing, the medical student
got a shock at what she saw in
The Jefferson Facility, shame she
did not think about sending a photo out on her
phone

It did have a dedication to the late Tony Scott

i enjoyed this 2-parter last year

UK premiere - Thursday June 6th at 9pm (Channel 5)

i enjoyed this 2-parter last year

UK premiere - Thursday June 6th at 9pm (Channel 5)

I see it's in my Sky planner and I have set it to record but no option of a series link at the moment???...seeing it's a two-parter.
EDIT...just noticed it's running time is 3H 15mins...2 parts condensed into 1?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom