1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

colur hint on PTAE100

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by smicker, Aug 13, 2002.

1. smicker

smicker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Has any one noticed a very very very slight hint of purple on left hand side of screen and green on right hand side of screen. Some times Iam not sure if its there at all its so fine?
    Any ideas
    Cheers Smicker

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, same on mine. Most noticable on b&w movies where you can see that greys are very slightly tinted at the left and right third of the image.

El

3. Amelia

Amelia

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I haven't noticed it at all. I will look again, but this time I will try out a B&W movie and see how it goes.

Best Regards
    Amelia

4. mcmullanbrush

mcmullanbrush
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had this problem and it was very bad indeed.

Panasonic told me it was a known fault and I should return the player.

Bear in mind though that mine was extremely noticable, if you can hardly see it I would recommend you keep the one you have.

5. Walter mitty

Walter mitty
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes I too have this most noticeable on Sky in dark shots.

I was wondering if it was a fault...it doesn`t really show up too much on dvd`sand never on bright scenes.

What do you think?

Is it a fault?

6. Jonny1973

Jonny1973

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had very light purple down the sides and yellowing in the middle.

My PT-AE100 is with Panasonic right now for repiar.

7. Dominic

Dominic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    i was just about to ask the same question,

I have notcied the slight red/purple on the LHS and the slight green on the RHS, its actualy more in the LH and RH bottom corners, but only really noticable on the Black and white films or some dark DVD's. Normal sky broadcasts with plenty of colour are ok,

is it time to retrun to panasonic then ?

its got about 350 hrs on it:(

8. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My AE100 is in for repair at the moment with this same problem. According to the engineer it is to do with internal heat causing the lcd panels to distort. Apparently it is expected after a few thousand hours use...although mine done it within 20 hours...

It seems like a lot of people are having the same problem here. Are you all running in low power mode? I'm starting to wonder if the fan isn't providing sufficient cooling in low power mode. How are your projectors positioned (i.e. desktop or ceiling)? Mine was mainly in ceiling mode...

9. smicker

smicker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi dvdeviant
    It was interesting to hear you coments, my AE100 has 12 hours and as I say its a very faint purple on left side and green on right side Iam running on High Lamp on a desk top mode. Iam going to keep an eye on it and if it gets any worse then Ill send it back. But its the same problem as you have the only difference is the sides of colour which is because yours is ceiling mounted. Please let me know how you get on when it comes back from repair.
    Cheers Smicker

10. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you are using desktop mode, what do you do with the projector once you've finished using it? Initially I ran mine for maybe 10-15 hours in desktop mode and used to re-box it afterwards (small child+projector=big trouble). I did wonder if I was re-boxing it too quickly after it was switched off (even after ten minutes the thing was quite warm to touch) and that the lack of air movement in the box caused the problem...

Either way, I've been without my unit for three weeks now. It should be back with me early next week with one brand new optical assembly (and no doubt loads of dead pixels!).

11. Walter mitty

Walter mitty
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Mines desk top mounted I cover it when not in use with it`s carry case to stop dust. I have slight Purple on left and green on right, it`s not severe but visible against the black background too when no signal is incomeing.
    I can live with it but if it gets worse?????????

Oh and I have only about 52 hours all in low mode

12. smicker

smicker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you cant livewith it send it back. Its only a bloody projector and if mine dosent sort it out fast Iam sending it back and if a company like Panisonic cant live up to its name then give me my money back and Ill go to Sony NEC Sim Toshiba Philps etc. Donot let these so called hot shots tell you what to do .

Complain to the sods and email phone and send letters
    Come on fight the B********s