Columns to hide side surrounds

worcesternaf

Established Member
Reaction score
Has anyone built some floor to ceiling columns to house there side surrounds? I have on wall Artcoustic diablo x2's which id like to hide. I'm thinking floor to ceiling with a material cover it and some acoustic absorption material in the space the speaker does not take up.

IMG_20210127_183359.jpg

Pics or suggestions welcome

Plenty of people have done that over on AVS. Though generally, it's to hide on-wall, rather than in-wall speakers (looking at the picture, yours seem to be more in-wall than on-wall).

FWIW, my advice would be to create a very shallow column, as anything deep, may, start to obstruct some of the sound emanating from the speaker (depending on what you build the column from of course).

Can I suggest a different strategy. Essentially make a picture frame sized cover and instead of using a picture, put AT material ( black of course ) and then hang over the offending speakers. You 'could' make a few of them and then make the others be absorbers / diffusers behind the fabric. This would then mean your floor area would not jutt out where the colums are.

Appreciate the comments. Im still looking at ideas. AT fabric is so expensive, so that's putting me off.

Id like to build a frame and cover it with fabric and stuff it full of rockwool. I'm just weighing up the cost vs benefit.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom