1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Columbia TriStar bottle it!

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by Beek1, Feb 19, 2002.

1. Beek1

Beek1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry to be the bring of bad news folks, but Columbia TriStar has decided not to go head-to-head with Attack of the Clones in the UK, and have decided to move the theatrical release date of Spider-Man back by over a month to 14 June (Spidey was originally set for release some two weeks prior to AOTC). Given the complete lack of advertising for the film that Columbia seems to be doing in the UK, it's hardly a surprise, but it does go to show that once again UK cinema goers are being royally screwed over when it comes to release dates.

2. laurel

laurel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'll be waiting for the DVD anyway and avoiding the seat kickers/popcorn munchers!

Cheers

Laurel

3. pointon

pointon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I've waited 16 years for this movie, I can wait another month.

4. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,028
    And doesn’t that popcorn smell like poo.
    If possible I like to see a film quite a few weeks after they have been out, 14 June would bring this idea it to my regions summer holiday, and I would get more above.
    I did this with the X-Men and the place was empty, if I spent a thousand I could not have hired the place out for that.

5. pointon

pointon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I watch movies during daylight hours during the working week, about a week or two after the release, depending on its popularity.

Easy access to the luxury chairs from the bygone era of 1st class seating, directly in the middle, with not another soul in the place. Fantastic.

6. encaser

encaser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
    It would seem we few are the odd (!) other bloke in the pictures then, cause that's exactly what I do too. A most majestic feeling as if it's your cinema, and watch out anyone who dares to sit near you - which occaisonally happens for some weird biblical reason.

7. pointon

pointon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Bit difficult explaining this to other people though....

"What? You go to the cinema on your own? You poor thing."

Sod off. Gimme an empty theatre, a comfy seat and I can spend ages there watching film after film after... bugger I should be at work now!... after film. Don't want no annoying friends spoiling it by trying ot be friendly and sociable.

8. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,028
    That’s when I saw the X-Men, and it is sometimes cheaper during the day.

9. Beek1

Beek1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Boy, this reminds me of my glorious days of college and university life where I'd head off to the cinema during quiet weekdays with my other half. These days I try to avoid cinemas as much as possible, prefering the option of press screenings when they come around (at least there is a bunch of people who know how to behave in a cinema, and there's no food, so no bloody noisy sweet wrappers and crisp packets) and Region 1 DVD imports.
    These days it's just too damn annoying going to the cinema. I caught Ocean's Eleven at the weekend, not realising that it had a 12 certificate and would therefore be full of young girls talking on their mobile phones and walking up and down throughout the film. Couple that with a stupidly noisy AC system which actually drown out pieces of dialogue, a print which looked as if it had been on the circuit for about three years given the wear and tear it exhibited, and the fact that the image wasn't even framed correctly for the first couple of minutes, and you have every reason I hate going to the cinema today.

10. andyk

andyk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +165
    I went to see LOTR again the other day and there was an EXIT sign right by the screen.
    Dark scenes had a green glow in the bottom corner from the sign

Dreadful really. I went to complain afterwards, but as it was nearly midnight there were only security guards about and I couldn't be bothered any more.