1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Columbia Pictures DVD Multi Releases

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by FoxyMulder, Mar 28, 2005.

1. FoxyMulder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Just been reading that Tears of the Sun has a directors "expanded" edition coming out in June, we just had a superbit release of the original and there will be a Stripes expanded edition too, thing is Columbia are also making a Spiderman 2 Extended cut and it seems to be a studio policy to milk the fan with the original version and then release a superbit followed by a longer cut, other studios usually announce it in advance but Columbia seem to have a set policy for this and are really taking the biscuit.

I betcha right now there are dozens of films Columbia are planning to release in extended cuts, now i am all for longer versions of films but its starting to get ridiculous, if they must release a longer version please make it the ultimate version, lets say a 3 disc superbit version with extras on disc 3 and discs 1 and 2 being the original film and extended cut, that way i don't feel short changed.