Colouring

adann

Established Member
Reaction score
IMG_1564.JPG IMG_1565.JPG IMG_1566.JPG IMG_1567.JPG IMG_1568.JPG
Recently bought a new lens and currently in Paris so getting to try it out for the first time. I never know whether to have some foreground in the photo and which editing suits. What do people think works from these or any suggestions?

Foreground usually makes for a more interesting landscape composition. The above examples aren't very clear but looks like some experiments with lamppost and trees (?) might be more interesting composition if the foreground element was more relevant in context, e.g. Cafe or something more "Paris"?

I would get a lot closer to the tower and when its dusk/dark, the lights make it much better, been a while since I've been but either from the bridge or the park the other side.

...but of course you're not "allowed" to photograph it at night with it's "lights on" :devil:

It's certainly a different view of the Eiffel Tower and not your average 'cliché' pic. However, I'm not sure it works for me and sometimes there's a reason a shot becomes clichéd. If you do want one with the urban areas around like that then I would suggest the landscape orientation is best, but get in a position where you don't have the TV aerial or whatever it is in view. Also, taking it in the golden hour, or at night with all the lights would be better. As Jim says, technically the lights on the Eiffel Tower are copyrighted but I've not heard of anyone getting into bother having the pic for personal use and social media. Post at your own risk though ;)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom