"Colour weakness" settings on the Sam LER41B?!

yegon

Standard Member
Been testing various setups between my 360 and my new Sammy LE32R41B. VGA is definitely the way to go for me, the increased clarity more than makes up for the perceived inferior colour vs component. However, I notice several people mention adjusting the colour weakness setting (specifically RED) to improve colour via VGA. Sorry if it's obvious, but where is this setting? I've (seemingly) searched all the menu's exhaustively but can't find it anywhere. Is it accessible via service mode which, as yet, I haven't (and don't particularly wish to) dabbled with?

Thanks.

R

royster

Think I remember seeing it under picture settings menu. I think they mean the option "my colour control"

I haven't had one of these TVs in awhile so correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that impossible seeing as "My Colour Control" doesn't even affect the VGA input anyway?

yegon

Standard Member
Lyris said:
I haven't had one of these TVs in awhile so correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that impossible seeing as "My Colour Control" doesn't even affect the VGA input anyway?
Yeah, exactly. Don't think its under "My Colour Control" anyway, as the recommended change is "RED +3" - the only options are pink, green and blue :confused:

R

royster

Sorry got it wrong, found it... Press Menu, scroll down to the bottom for the setup option and you should see it in the window to the right.

Thought so Yegon - sounds like just people seeing what they wanted to see? If that works on a psychological level though, at least it's some improvement. A pity the VGA output of the 360 is so washed out, because the quality of most VGA feeds on that TV was astonishing.

yegon

Standard Member
royster said:
Sorry got it wrong, found it... Press Menu, scroll down to the bottom for the setup option and you should see it in the window to the right.
Eh? Looking at mine now, in the "setup" menu, the bottom option is "PC". Within that menu, the options are Image Lock, Position, Auto Adjustment and Image Reset. No sign of "colour weakness".

Not saying I don't believe you :), just can't find it on mine.

Lyris said:
A pity the VGA output of the 360 is so washed out, because the quality of most VGA feeds on that TV was astonishing.
Tbh, it looks really good on mine via the official MS VGA lead, but I must admit I've always preferred colour settings very low on all my tv's and monitors historically, meaning I'm not the best judge.

R

royster

Colour Weakness setting on mine is below the PC option. I have a LE32R51BD set so perhaps that explains the difference. I thought they were the same tv virtually though.

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 OLED TV Review: The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom