1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Colour smearing on Sony 7700

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by witters, Aug 7, 2003.

1. witters

witters

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +260
    I've just bought a 7700 on the forums from Betamac. When watching an ntsc disc of the X-Files, I noticed what can best be described as colour smearing. This occured during dark scenes with yellow/brown bands appearing over a large percentage of the picture. Anyone have any idea what is causing this please? I will check other discs to see if they are the same.

2. Mark Ward

Mark Ward

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Hi Witters

Can you re-create this circumstance on any movies? I don't have the X-Files but would be happy to look at any movie I may have that also shows it.

Are you using component, RGB Scart or S-Video out of the player?

I've found the PQ to be very good on the one in my liveving room, however that is only on a 32" TV, haven't tried it in the HT on the CRT PJ as I'm waiting on a spare bit to fix it.

Mark.

3. witters

witters

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +260
    I'll see what I can find today Mark. I'm using RGB scart at the moment which is looped through my Sky+.

4. witters

witters

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +260
    Just had a quick play and the problem seems to be related to looping through my Sky+. If I plug the TV scart directly into the 7700 the picture is fine. If I plug it into Sky+ and then into the T the problem re-occurs. I'll try and get hold of a component lead today and see what happens:)