Colour saturation/depth on picture keeps changing

B Tank

My setup:

Philips 50 PUS6754 | Denon X1600h | PS4 | PS5 | Xbox Series X | KEF Q300/Q200C | CA MINX 22

So I have noticed in last few months, the picture on my TV changes it's saturation, occasionally. This change happens depending on what order my devices are turned on, or sometimes if I do source changes in the middle of PS5 gaming. Let's call it high saturation and low. Low looks slightly washed out compared to high obviously.

Observations:
As mentioned before, the order of devices turning on will consistently affect if I get high saturation picture or low.

In my Philips TV I have a colour enhancement setting, this changes the colour accordingly in both these pictures I am getting.

If I get the high saturation image, I have to turn colour enhancement off as it's becomes extremely oversaturated. Turning this off gives a good picture.

If I get the low saturation image, I have to turn colour enhancement to Max, this then gives a good image.

The picture looks great in general on PS5 and HDR, but what I need to know is out of these 2 pictures I am getting:

Why is it happening?
What is the intended image?

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sky Glass, Epson Laser Projectors plus Home Cinema Subwoofers and More…
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom