Colour recommendations for Multimedia room?

MrMrH

I am looking to change our TV room before the arrival of a big new OLED TV I’m planning for.
Prior to that I’m looking to get the room repainted and trying to decide colours.

The room is mainly used for watching TV/Movies/Sports at the moment but we also sometimes play board games and jigsaws.
Currently the room is a creamish/beige colour (as is pretty much the whole house unfortunately), but I would like a darker shade of something more interesting and also it’s a darker room that most of the others so it wouldn’t even need to be too dark a colour.

Any suggestions would be appreciated so we can start to think about what to go with.

IWC Dopplel

Distinguished Member
I’d probably go for something that doesnt jar with the rets of the house, dark browns can look good, I’d probably avoid reds but dark blues to me look very good in Cinema rooms

Upvote 0

IWC Dopplel

Distinguished Member
Dark Blue velvet panels on the back wall

Cinema room Sept 2021.jpg

The house is quite bland though the halls and all the same colour through the house, we have made the rooms more interesting to walk into so its a bit more interesting to move into the room. I'd love to paint the staircase and halls a different colour but its too bigger job given it is fairly background. Also the stepladders needed and the prospect of falling over the staircase puts me off !

QCH Sep 21 1.jpg

QCH Sep 21 2.jpg

QCH Sep 21 3.jpg

QCH Sep 21 4.jpg

Upvote 0

johndon

I used Dulux Urban Obsession on 3 walls in by TV room with a black wallpaper on the TV wall. Dark enough to have an impact when watching TV but not too dark that the room looks like a bat cave.

The rest of house has, for the most part, white or grey walls so it fits in with the overall look.

IMG_3090.jpeg

Upvote 0

MrMrH

Upvote 0

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom