Colour Purity On TOSHIBA 50WT29

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by charles, Oct 14, 2002.

1. charles

charles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +196
    I have accepted Toshibas answer to a previous posting regarding the two faint transparent vertical bars on the left of the screen-a design quirk of which there is no remedy. However their is a small picture fault which I am noticing.Towards the right hand corner their is a purity problem.On pastel colours there is a noticeable are where the colour is deeper than it should be.Take all the colour out of the picture and the white will take on board a somewhat dirty white in this area. Dark tiles,pavemnts etc will add extra depth to the colour.If the set had been a direct view CRT then degaussing the screen would probably have cured it.As RPTVs are not effected by poor shielding speakers then this is not the cause.Would any owners of these sets like to report on their findings or the solution.Many thanks

2. shaunthedude

shaunthedude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the tosh 42wh18b. I have noticed that the right hand side of the screen is a dirty sort of white. I noticed this when watching a b/w film. the right half of the screen looks like the b/w picture looks sepia. is this what you mean

shaun

3. charles

charles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +196
    Thanks for your reply shaun. On a B/W film or taking the colour right out there is definately a different shade on the right hand side of the screen towards the corner. I think your description is similar to mine. It will be interesting to see what develops.Charles

4. shaunthedude

shaunthedude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    that sounds the same problem. My tosh is getting replaced soon by the sony px2 as my tosh has developed a bad flicker in the picture. tv no 8 coming up.
    cheers