colour loss from scart lead

hawkeye48

I have set up the TV to be sent around the house. Our cable TV is sent to our bedroom only.
My problem is that the colour is losing the yellow slightly, the blue and red are very vivid.

We have a scart apadtor out of the cable box that has four scary sockets on it, this is so that we can connect the Wii. I dont like keep unplugging scart leads as they feel fragile.
It seem the scart adaptor is the problem as when the cable is plugged in direct the colour in much better. Is there a good scart adptor to be had, or any other advice really.
The TV in the bedroom does not have HDMI sockets as it's a few years old now. Is there a scart to HDMI adaptor ???

noiseboy72

Distinguished Member
You cannot connect Scart to HDMI, as Scart is analogue and HDMI digital.

It may be that your Scart connection box uses just composite video instead of RGB. Look for a better quality box that switches all the colours instead.

Does your current box switch between inputs or does it just connect them together ? This could also cause the colours to look washed out it 2 pieces of equipment are being connected together.

Maplin or CPC both do suitable boxes, as do Keene.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom