Answered Colour gamut setting

Thanks for the answers you are very experienced, I would like a correct setting in hdr, (car/wide/extended color space) game even with xbox one x same problem do not know which is correct, thanks for the answers

Thanks for the answers you are very experienced, I would like a correct setting in hdr, (car/wide/extended color space) game even with xbox one x same problem do not know which is correct, thanks for the answers
It should always be on Auto in both HDR and non-HDR mode. In RGB mode you may want to set Black Level to High for full-range RGB sources like a PC.

Ok thanks for the answer, so I select auto in both sdr and hdr situations? The TV automatically shows the colors as it receives them from the signal in auto mode

Ok thanks for the answer, so I select auto in both sdr and hdr situations? The TV automatically shows the colors as it receives them from the signal in auto mode
SDR is BT.709 or sRGB, and HDR is BT.2020. Wide is incorrect for both. Auto is the correct option for both modes.

On my 49uj6500 (2017 model) HDR using preset Cinema (home) defaults
to gamut "extended" for HDR. For some reason on this TV, Amazon Prime HDR is horrendous,
it's as if the gamma or something is wrong, the mid-range and shadow tones are too bright.
Using Cinema (home) actually gives the best picture - I switch the gamut to Wide, not auto,
auto washes out the picture even more
I don't know if it's LG's poor default setting choices, poor circuitry design, sub-standard
electronics, low quality panel, etc,etc, but overall I find the picture quite mediocre.
All this constant fiddling with the settings shouldn't be necessary.
I've seen Samsung TV's in cheap hotels with a more realistic picture.

Io pDo I own a lg nanocell sm8200 65, gamut color imposed it on extended or wide car?Do I own a lg nanocell sm8200 65, gamut color imposed it on extended or wide auto? And in hdr? Extended or wide auto? And in hdr?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom