Colour failure - BUSH WS6680SIL

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by mermaid, Mar 18, 2006.

1. mermaid

mermaid

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought a BUSH WS6680SIL television 23 months ago and the colour has failed - can only now view, acceptably, in B/W by turning off the colour selector. When selector is on, bright pink surrounds a centre of green. Have written to BUSH Customer Services who have basically said, unlucky, can't help, out of 12mth guarantee, get in an engineer etc. Surely a digital television should last more than 23 months? I did point this out to them, no response. Help, anyone, please?:lease:

2. JayCee

JayCee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,575
    This model uses a Beko chassis and is at the lower end of the quality scale.
    In saying that they are reasonably reliable, spares are readily available and worth repairing.
    With those symptoms it sounds like a purity fault and could be a failed component (or connection to it) and shouldn't be that expensive to repair.
    Best to phone around for estimates.

3. counterstrike

counterstrike
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Mermaid

When something develops a fault you have certain rights under the Sale of Goods Act 1979 but they are with the retailer you bought the TV from, not the manufacturer (Bush)

As its reasonable to suggest that a TV should last longer than 23 months I suggest you write to the customer services department of the retailer using the letter below, insert all your relevant facts where indicated. This is a letter I have used on different occasions and so far it has always got results.

Dear Sir

Reference: BUSH WS6680SIL Television

On (Insert date) I bought the above Television from your (insert location of shop) store (copy of receipt enclosed). On (Insert date) it developed a serious defect, which was (Insert description of fault)

The Sale of Goods Act 1979 (amended by the Sale & Supply of Goods Act 1994 and the Sale and Supply of Goods to Consumers Regulations 2002 requires you to supply goods of a satisfactory quality (which includes lasting a reasonable length of time), this fault shows that the goods were not of satisfactory quality and therefore I am requesting that you carry out the necessary repairs at your expense, or that you compensate me by another method: 1.Cost of getting the work done elsewhere 2.Replacement, 3.Money back less depreciation)

I look forward to this matter being resolved within the next 14 days

Yours Sincerely