• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question Colour banding

TheGamer147

My TV has developed colour banding after its latest software update. What usually cause colour banding.

Philips are asking me to do a force reinstall of firmware is a reinstall of updates know to fix issues?

Thanks

kenshingintoki

Distinguished Member
what do you meann by colour banding?

Colour banding which is banding within colours relavant to bitrate etc. is normally in the content, and TVs have great ways of smoothing that out. Normally if its after a firmware update, some setting or feature has been disabled which is why its becoming more obvious.

TheGamer147

It shows on YouTube videos alot example on the playstation Spiderman trailer when it shows PS logo with blue background it has lines and not soild blue colour.

What setting could it be

TheGamer147

what do you meann by colour banding?

Colour banding which is banding within colours relavant to bitrate etc. is normally in the content, and TVs have great ways of smoothing that out. Normally if its after a firmware update, some setting or feature has been disabled which is why its becoming more obvious.

Here a image

Attachments

• IMG_20201016_172319.jpg
    IMG_20201016_172319.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 78

Chamberlain

Here a image

It's not the TV, it's the content and compression. Youtube is terrible with compression and color banding will be seen and bigger displays also makes it more noticeable. I took this screenshot from my phone on the Spiderman trailer from Youtube and as you can see it looks the same.

Screenshot_20201020-115823_YouTube.jpg

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom