1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Color setting: quality of the source/projector?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by gm0x45, Sep 21, 2005.

1. gm0x45

gm0x45
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,

Just play with my infocus 4805 and try to adjust the color with my lovely Blue/Gree/Red filter. Also I can have the blue and the red not too bad, the green is just dreadfull, strips are not uniformly green (Using DVE DVD). I have an old JVC Dvd player, using the S-video output. Could the problem at this stage be the projector, or the DVD player? If it is the DVD player, is a more xpensive one will make the difference?

Thank you.

2. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,802
    OK,

You can't use the red green blue filters for adjusting RGB in most displays. You can only use the blue for doing COLOUR. If you have colour decoder RGB adjustments then that's different but if you have greyscale adjustment RGB then forget about flters as they have nothing to do with that....

Next thing. The filters do exactly that, filter. The green filter lets in some of the red and blue spectrum emitted by some displays though so what you see is actually not accurate. The best way to do this adjustment, if it is available, is to isolate theheach channel. IE look at test pattern with green and red pulled out when doing blue then blue and red pulle dout when doing green. This is usually only posisble on CRT projectors a few plasma's and any system where you use a Lumagen processor

gordon

3. gm0x45

gm0x45
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you for your time.