• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Color Issues With Laptop Over VGA

IAmTheDude

Standard Member
Recently bought a 32" 32LH4010 over Christmas, was my first personal HDTV and am loving everything about it!

So far I have done the FW tweak for .mkvs, my 360 at 1080p through HDMI, Xbox1 (XBMC) at 1080i through component, DVD through HDMI and Virgin SD box through SCART (God awful quality lol). So far everythings sweet, couldnt ask for better :D

Im currently building a Media center PC to replace the Xbox1 as a Media player with XBMC on PC and to run a home media server for the house basically so I can stream to the Xbox1 downstairs and my bros PS3. This isnt going to be ready for a few months yet so I decided to have a play with my lappy to see how things look PC wise on a 32" LCD.

Now Ive ran into a problem. Ive just hooked up my lappy to it through a standard VGA cable (only output it has) and have found a few issuse Im hoping somebody can help me with.

The TV looks sweet, resolution is fine, crispness is great and Ill have no problems using it a monitor for the MCPC. Only problem is color, there is no Red.

Heres some pics so you can see what I mean

Wallpaper on Laptop
Wallpaper on TV
Laptop Color Calibatron
TV Color Calibatron
TV Color Calibatron2

Heres what Ive tried so far -
Been through every setting possible on the TV, Windows7 and the Nividia control panel
Tried different cables
Tried the cables on a Desktop PC and LCD monitor
Tried my laptop with different cables
Tried my laptop on different monitors
Tried Bros laptop
Tried Bros laptop with different cables
Tried Bros laptop with different monitors

And its always the same, no red.

Now heres the fricking weird part. I installed Ultramon to sort the wallpaper stretching issue out and while it was changing/refreshing for 3-4 seconds the red was back and it looked perfect but then went again! *** lol

Im truly stumped so far!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom