color gone sony 2100

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Making Forum' started by chrishull3, Jan 4, 2007.

1. chrishull3

chrishull3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +282
    the color has gone on my sony 2100 its two years old but had little use in the past year as i have used my hc1e,now as i hope to sell the 2100 this has happened, manual white balance will not set and auto and outdoor are no good as well reds are black and other colours are poor,repair cost will never be worth it for what the cams worth,i have never had this happen in 25 years using separates and camcorders this was my first sony they have gone down in my estimation.chris

2. Peter Brereton

Peter Brereton

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
  3. chrishull3

chrishull3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +282
    thanks peter but i think they are talking about color of lcd and viewfinder, on my cam the color has gone when connected to a tv as well i had rang sony uk and they told me its a 175pound charge whatever the problem,i will ring the number on the site above though and see what they say but it was dated oct 2005 i think,all the best

4. senu

senu
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,811
    If you refer to the excellent VX2100 , £175 is certainly worth fixing it IMHO

:offtopic: My older Sony Digital8 has a Problem with its power ??: Because I have a few Digital 8 recorder tapes Im holding on to it. Since then I have had 2 Panasonics, (both of which developed one problem or other) , A Sony FX1 and now an HC1.
    I partly use a friends Sony VX 2100 ( having sold off mine 18 months ago) as a Second Camcorder for a 2 camera shoot and in general I find them Sturdy and reliable
    I think all makes will have the one which slipped past QC.

However, without meaning to start another anti- Sony rant, What irritates me most about them is the Premium you pay for supposed quality, reliability and durability of thier products when compared to the disdain( bordering on disrespect) they ( as a coporate entity show) seem when it come to returns ? repairs/ Warrantee issues.
    They seem to have been indoctrinated to believe that any Product fault has to be user related unless it falls into an inevitable product recall category

Hence the lack of sympathy for them over dodgy batteries, recalled CCD sensors amongst other disasters

5. chrishull3

chrishull3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +282
    thanks senu the thing is if i have the cam repaired it will be to sell as i am upgrading and my hc1 will my number 2 cam i dont want to get the 2100 repaired and have to sell for little more than the repair cost.cheers chris

6. senu

senu
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,811
    True Chris, but you cant get anything for it at all if it is faulty ( or maybe less than its true worth if you tried to sell it "as is")

The cheapest quote on a brand new one is £1400 ( see the top page in the forums) so it is a rare piece of kit, one that has held its value

Do your Sums right and you'll still get something for it.:cool:

Unless you are shooting HD all the way and need the likes of Z1 or FX7 it will be hard to beat for sheer class

I rate its low light abilities at least as good as the FX1s if not better
    Someone, somewhere is waiting to take it off your hands when fixed it
    Good Luck:thumbsup:

7. chrishull3

chrishull3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +282
    i have been told there is a small button to depress with a ballpoint pen for full factory reset to factory defaults but i cant find one,but my guess is one of the ccds have had it,i am getting a fx-7 mad or what,thanks