Collectors Figures, Pictures and Posters

Iron Studios Dark Knight Batman added to the collection.
DSC00165.JPG
DSC00166.JPG
DSC00180.JPG
DSC00181.JPG
DSC00182.JPG
DSC00183.JPG
DSC00184.JPG

That will leave me with a couple of MCU ones to post pictures of then that should be me done for a while

You've just reminded me why I never bothered with them in the end. Blasted knock offs! :mad:

I had a bad feeling the official ones would be in 3 figures. :rolleyes: Far too pricey for such diminuitive figures.

Yeah it's a shame, these figures hit the Knock off Stage really quickly so it's get in on the pre-order or lose out :(

Bemused One said:
There's a new one upcoming. Have you saw it? Comes in at around £55. I don't like the colour of it though.

Oooh interesting, I wasn't aware of a new one, will look it up

Bemused One said:
I'm not surprised. The poor thing needs a breather, lol.

Ha ha didn't last long, new Pre-order deposits paid this week ;)

Bemused One said:
@gam seems to have taken a leaf out of your book recently.

He's welcome too...there are a lot of leafs to take ;)

Bemused One said:
I'll deffo look it up when I get a chance. Sounds like my kind of thing. ;)

It's bloody great
Should be cheapish to find now as well due to the 360 dying out & it not being one of the more popular titles

Bemused One said:
Do you mean Ridley?

D'oh yes of course I do
what a Pillock I am ;) lol

Bemused One said:
I'd prefer if they just left it alone.

Absolutely

Bemused One said:
And the graphic novels. The true spirit of the franchise still lives on in them. Some top stories too.

Yes, there are some great stories in there & they can do what they want with them, they just work so well

Bemused One said:
It's quite the saga and quite a baptism of fire for the directors first film. It's understandable why he still refuses to talk about the experience even now.

Sounds like a good read, will hunt it down on t' Interwebs

Bemused One said:
Yep, a bonkers kind of different, lol.

Ha ha yes

Bemused One said:
I'll be interested to read your thoughts.

I've gone off it myself after reading a number of reviews.

Yeah I've seen a few that have made me question it...but I'm a completist & try to keep up with the collection so I'll give it a shot at least

Bemused One said:
Good man! :smashin: I'm pleased to read that. Have you been watching the standard blurays or the 4K versions?

Just standard BD
Hoping to go back for a 3D re-watch soon though.

Bemused One said:
I managed to watch Thor the other month. Not bad. I've got the first Cap up next. Just need the time to view it.

You're in for a good one with Cap, it's great.

Bemused One said:
Thanos was a glorious addition to your collection. After seeing your pics, he's genuinely one of my favourite Hot Toys pieces ever. Have you had any more thoughts about the battle damaged one?

Lol if money is available then I will definitely have him as well :)

Bemused One said:
An Endgame Cap, or one of the previous ones?

Endgame, he is the ultimate one for me :)

Bemused One said:
Which of the bazillion Iron Man figures do you like best?

I think it will be the Endgame one again, just trying to work out if I want Battle Damagaed or clean
Also price a big factor here...being Diecast he's the wrong side of £400 at the moment :(

Bemused One said:
Out of Spidey and Strange, I would definitely opt for Spidey.

I think I can actually sit on either & wait a bit really...both have new movies due so bound to be newer figures to follow.

Bemused One said:
Really sorry to read this. I had such high hopes for it too. :thumbsdow

Yep so did I :(

Bemused One said:
That's a great idea! A potential little gold mine. ;)

I actually Tweeted them the idea the other week...I was met with a stony silence not even a response at all :(
Might try Second Sight or 88 Films next ;) lol

Bemused One said:
My 32" Sammy has survived another Black Friday and is still going strong! 👌

Lol excellent :)

Bemused One said:
An easily influenced child? Well I never...:p

Lol oh yes very easily influenced...it has continued ;)

Bemused One said:
Seriously though, that sounds amazing. Did your brother accompany you on that trip?

No I went on my own
Met some people out there who got me my ticket & went to the game with them :)
Had an amazing time

Bemused One said:
Who did you get for him this time?

Just another Figure, will grab a pic later for you.

Bemused One said:
Be honest, you don't tell him everything, do you? :p

Ha ha…pretty much :)

Bemused One said:
That would be great, thanks. :)

No probs, probably won't be for a while now though sadly :(

Bemused One said:
It's for your own good if you really think about it. You'll thank me when it's all done. ;)

Lol & @gam too.

Bemused One said:
With planning and recon now complete, I'm hoping for an enthusiastic acquisition phase. :D

Lol again having gone into Tier 4 now this will take a massive back seat again & nothing until everything gets back to normal :(

Neil

Polystone is a plastic is it not? Polysomethingorother (liquid plastic resin) mixed with powdered stone additive to give it the weight and feel it has. And its saying Statuettes in that discription

It was the code sideshow is providing on the electronic invoice that they sent to DHL, there was a button to download docs on the DHL payment page and the invoice was one of them and seems to be what they used for the code, value and shipping costs
Its also mentioned on sidshows help page International Shipping Policies and Customs Fees

Now I've had three the last few months all with the same code listed on the sideshow invoices, the biggest one with the four Iron Studios statues was the one I never got so it was all claimed back. Robyn Hood didn't have any duty, I presume as it was under £135?

And the latest which you don't know about yet was only around a tenner in duty and all in still worked out cheaper than what it is likely to be over here. So all in I'm not out much at the miunte

I haven't a clue what code is used with Hot Toys as I was messaging with a guy and by my working out which isn't nomally too far off, from memory the bills were all odd at around 13% plus £11 handling fee.... so that had me stumped if you have any thoughts?

Now what all these have in common is that sidshow are the distributers of them and they are not sidshows own product

Now I'll be more interested in this Premium Format next month as when I ordered it they were using possibly that other code as people were saying (and my last two PF's from a few years ago worked out to this) that the bills were working out at 5% plus handling fee.

However earlier this year there was a few posts about sidshow being made to change the code they used and bills were a lot higher. Ones were trying to get them to change it back but it didin't sound like it was going to happen...... this happened way back in the fedex days too when they definitely used that 9703 code for a time as it looks very familiar and there was 5% bills at that time too but were again then made to change it as it was apparently intended for much more limited pieces and not for more mass produced items like these

I'll let you know what the code and details of the Harley PF one is when it ships, this will likely factor in to wether I go with CDUK or sideshow in the future for PF's like the Mandalorian

Yeah you are probably right, I don't really think too much about the compostition of it & just go in with the "well it's not actual plastic...because it breaks" thinking lol

I don't think statues under £135 would be exempt, was sure it was only small stuff at under £20 or something that got away scott free lol

I haven't paid VAT or Duty on a HT figure in years.
All m ones come from Ebay sellers that mark values down so not a clue what they use.
Although I expect I'll find out soon enough as I'm sure I'll be using my RP on a figure from Sideshow in the not too distant future.

Ah well even having been in the Customs game for over 20 years I still can't work out how HMRC operate lol

Neil

It might take a bit more than a couple of placards with shouting to get you to get these mythical cabinet things :p

Ha ha yeah probably right...although going into Tier 4 has put the kaybosh on getting cabs any time soon again :(

Gam said:
Lot less on pre-order these days so hopefully that kind of stupid is behind me

Ha ha let's hope so ;)

Gam said:
Think of the 0-10mph time saving in traffic

Those fractions of a second are VERY important ;) lol

Gam said:
I can imagine them being dropped in general as they are bulky and heavy...... but don't want to think of the damage one being dropped from the top of them steps

Definitely not, I was in there on Thursday last week & still amazing the sheer size of them.

Gam said:
ohhh that would make me mad, the other is when the price increases when an offer like that comes up :mad::mad::mad:

Absolutely.
Well it is bought now...£52.99 in Tesco so the added Clubcard points were a nice bonus :)

Gam said:
@Our Year might be able to help you out with a code if you ask him nicely for in-stock at zavvi ;)

I'll hit him up when I need one :)

Gam said:
Been at work for all the best chances with them, pre-order day and release day. Also missed out ordering in store at argos on friday, all morning green tick on the phone every time I looked, finished work at launch time, straight to the nearest argos looked at the app and its changed to a red cross

Same yesturday, two with stock and both sold out while I was on the way

That sucks, however I saw in the Xbox Thread you did manage to grab one...any good?

Gam said:
Suppose thats true. There must be a bucket load of popular Anime going by the amount of different figures there are around

Oh yes, it's an absolute minefield out there...just so much stuff
Some of it far from appropriate too..no idea what they see in their mind when they create some of the Anime pieces.

Gam said:
Guess its a gamble waiting for another code before they end up selling out. I'm still shocked you still have these rewards points, how long now have they been burning a hole in your pocket?

Yep, I'll probably just bite the bullet now.
Lol well ever since my original Joker Premium Format figure from what 2012 maybe??

Gam said:
Can be a bit too much too many all at once as you tend not to appreciate each new addition the same way

Totally but oh so worth it too :)

Gam said:
Whats your price point then for Power Girl? Doesn't seem too badly priced as it is although I'd be very tempted if one appeared well below £100

Oh so would I
See Zavvi have sold out of her now as well
Will keep an eye on your guy now though

Gam said:
Got two more from that seller last week so along with the one from sideshow I've a few more pics to post before the end of the year....... not sure if he will pick up on them or not but I dropped a few hints to @Bemused One of what they are ;)

Always nice to hear there are more on the way :)
Think you may have shown them already? ;)

Gam said:
Sounded like the corporate decision was made as they mustn't have been making enough money for the higher ups :thumbsdow

Such a shame really
They were easily the best things they have ever produced

Gam said:
So did you ever look at getting any more of the Bombshells? I thought you would have been all over Huntress in particular

I do still keep looking just not pressing the button, not sure what keeps stopping me to be honest.

Gam said:
Whats the rrp over £400 I think? I was still hesitant when I got mine for under £300 which was a factor in me getting it as I wouldn't have entertained her at anywhere near full price..... so yeah nice statue but agree that its a bit overpriced

Seem to remember them being around the £450 mark which is ludicrous money for them really
That is a nice price & very tempting at that cost.
Nut yeah pushing the limits even at that price point.

Gam said:
I would say if it was another company that would have been an option but I don't think DC themselves ever done switch out pieces

Pretty sure you're right there only the bigger boys like SS etc. do switch out pieces.
Probably would have pushed the statues into another price bracket if they had.

Gam said:
Would have been one to make a few quid on, he seems to be one that has shot up in price on the secondary market for some unfathomable reason

Lol genuinely can't see why
One of the worst ideas DC ever had

Gam said:
After a few disappointments in the past I'm glad to hear you got a couple of wants at a bargain price

Yep same.
Looking forward to getting Newt on Christmas Day :)

Gam said:
The 2nd film was a year or so ago wasn't it? I vaguely remember finding the two of them watchable but can't remember a whole lot about them. I was a bit the same with the Harry Potters.

Actually watched it the other weekend, was good & I'm certainly looking forward to the 3rd one now.
The Potters were wasted on me originally...was much more interested in the LotR when they were coming out at the same time but over the years they have grown on me...which is handy as both Katie & Chloe are obsessed with them so they are on fairly regularly in my house these days
Probably a good job that Star Ace got the 1/6th scale licence & maker such awful looking figures to be fair...if it was Hot Toys that is a rabbit hole I'm sure I would never get out of.

Gam said:
Any more toys on the horizon from the franchise for you or is that you happy with what you have?

Funny you should say that...paid the deposit for the 3rd release the other day :)
Also eyeing up figures from another Anime I'm into now as well...they already have 3 for Pre-order but the cast is much smaller so going to be easier to manage

Gam said:
No, not at all....... but you do know what you are lacking, C-A-B-I-N-E-T-S :p

Lol :p:p:p

Gam said:
Looking forward to her, just wish she wasn't so long away as its going to be a long couple of years wait

Oh yeah P1 aren't the quickest are they?
That said a lot of the Hot Toys I'm after still aren't due until Q3-Q4 next year
It's crazy really.

Gam said:
There's a dirty joke there somewhere 😇

Ha ha I thought the same after I read it back.

Gam said:
Cheers but if you think they're good ones(which they are), wait 'till ya see my next Iron Studios additions ;)

Very happy with the Spiderverse display now, they were wants when they were first announced and they haven't disappointed

Yeah as I was saying above, BW is good especially the detail, pose, outfit and base, its just the face isn't quite as good to my eyes as I was expecting due to the high bar set by the others

Definitely, they look great together.

Well there is always one to let the side down...hopefully BW is just a blip & everything else turns up looking awesome.

Neil

Yeah you are probably right, I don't really think too much about the compostition of it & just go in with the "well it's not actual plastic...because it breaks" thinking lol

I don't think statues under £135 would be exempt, was sure it was only small stuff at under £20 or something that got away scott free lol

I haven't paid VAT or Duty on a HT figure in years.
All m ones come from Ebay sellers that mark values down so not a clue what they use.
Although I expect I'll find out soon enough as I'm sure I'll be using my RP on a figure from Sideshow in the not too distant future.

Ah well even having been in the Customs game for over 20 years I still can't work out how HMRC operate lol

Neil
You’re not alone in thinking like that, it was many years I thought it was some type of cast stone before I came across the plastic makeup of it...... as you say it doesn’t fit the normal common plastic feel or look at all

For personal goods the £135 limit is for duty, still liable for vat. Vat limit is now £15

I’m sure for bulk or freight it gets a lot more complicated than that, I presume that’s what you deal with for living?

There will still be arguments for the 9703 code over the more limited statues as it seems to be a grey area were the mass produced clause kicks in for that

On the subject of customs, two weeks to go and nobody seems to know how individual parcels from the GB to NI is going to work.

Some online shops are already announced suspending service to here from next week and DPD is temporarily suspending collections from GB for delivery in both north and south of Ireland from the 23rd

Holy moly.
That's an awesome one.
He looks fantastic
Another perfect addition to the line up
Cheers, yeah another one I’m very pleased with

Am building up as the other two I have are even better again;)

You’re not alone in thinking like that, it was many years I thought it was some type of cast stone before I came across the plastic makeup of it...... as you say it doesn’t fit the normal common plastic feel or look at all

For personal goods the £135 limit is for duty, still liable for vat. Vat limit is now £15

I’m sure for bulk or freight it gets a lot more complicated than that, I presume that’s what you deal with for living?

There will still be arguments for the 9703 code over the more limited statues as it seems to be a grey area were the mass produced clause kicks in for that

On the subject of customs, two weeks to go and nobody seems to know how individual parcels from the GB to NI is going to work.

Some online shops are already announced suspending service to here from next week and DPD is temporarily suspending collections from GB for delivery in both north and south of Ireland from the 23rd

Ah ok never even realised the Duty Exemption, that is interesting.

Yeah I do sea Freight by container mostly & it's an utter mess at the moment...you have no doubt seen the stuff about Felixstowe being snarled up...I can't get containers delivered until around the 11th January at the moment!

Also Freight charges have gone through the roof so fully expect price hikes on goods soon.
As an Example this time last year I could get a 40' Container from China to Felixstowe for around $1200 now it's over $9500!!!!
It's an absolute joke
Never really minded the job before but my god now...I'd happily do anything else! lol

Cheers, yeah another one I’m very pleased with

Am building up as the other two I have are even better again;)

So you should be, he's awesome
Is there a Joker on the horizon to pair with him?

Also I forgot to reply to it yesterday when I went on my replying binge ;) but I did see that Email from Sideshow about expiring RP
Definitely need to decide what I want now...I have around $280 sat there so no way I want to lose them

Neil

Ha ha yeah probably right...although going into Tier 4 has put the kaybosh on getting cabs any time soon again :(
Its all a bit crap isn't it? We're basically the same but without the Tier label for at least 4 weeks from this weekend, plus no click and collect. A bit of banter here and there is just about keeping me going.

Ha ha let's hope so ;)
At least its only ever been with relatively inexpensive things...... and hopefully it stays that way

Those fractions of a second are VERY important ;) lol
:laugh:

Definitely not, I was in there on Thursday last week & still amazing the sheer size of them.
For things for you or are you going to try using the Chloe excuss again ;)

Absolutely.
Well it is bought now...£52.99 in Tesco so the added Clubcard points were a nice bonus :)
Nice, think around £58 is the best I'd noticed it at. I'm still being tempted here but not really anywhere to put one

I'll hit him up when I need one :)
:smashin:

That sucks, however I saw in the Xbox Thread you did manage to grab one...any good?
Yeah, timed my break perfect on Friday and lifted my phone for a browse. Spilled my drink and nearly dropped my sandwich when I seen it was up on Amazon....... had been logged in with the app ready after missing out a few weeks ago but still, have never went through the checkout so quick in my life including hands shaking with excitment lol

Had a quick blast with Forza and yeah, does look good but the biggest obvious improvement has to be the loading times, much quicker. Want to finsh Miles Morales and then I'll move onto the avengers game on the xbox that I've had sitting here for ages waiting on the series x...... then the likes of Assassins Creed Valhalla or Cyberpunk will get started at some stage so good timing to coincide with a couple of weeks off

So that along with LOTR and BTTF UHD boxets is my main 'jobs' for over the next few weeks...... I'm sure I'll watch other things too but thats the minimum target

Oh yes, it's an absolute minefield out there...just so much stuff
Some of it far from appropriate too..no idea what they see in their mind when they create some of the Anime pieces.
Something I never paid much attention to but starting to notice more and more of them around probably due to yourself posting about some of it.

I remember a lot of the risky looking ones in the backround of vipers pics in the past, at that time I thought thats all Anime was but like most things it appears to be lots to choose from for all types of tastes

Yep, I'll probably just bite the bullet now.
Lol well ever since my original Joker Premium Format figure from what 2012 maybe??
Going back I built mine up and got a free one a couple of times but I guess that will be a thing of the past now. At least they give rewards points now for the money you pay them when you've cashed in some rewards points towards a purchase, it used to be if you used any points at all then didn't get any at all for the cash you payed on that order

Totally but oh so worth it too :)
Yeah, like the saying a kid in a candy store

Got 5 Iron Studios ones at almost the same time a few weeks so thought I'd dip feed the pics this time for them

Oh so would I
See Zavvi have sold out of her now as well
Will keep an eye on your guy now though
Hopefully things will get back on track in the new year and they stay a good option as they do ship quick and pack well

Always nice to hear there are more on the way :)
Think you may have shown them already? ;)
Nope, two more to share. Batman was the recent sideshow purchase. Compared to UK prices, sideshow even with customs charges are still competitive for the wee Iron Studios ones

Such a shame really
They were easily the best things they have ever produced
They were making great pieces for the price especially in the 1/6 and 1/7ish scales but who knows what may have happened if they had increased the prices much more than they did

But alas, all good things must come to an end

I do still keep looking just not pressing the button, not sure what keeps stopping me to be honest.
Maybe its the getting kept going about keeping them captive stopping you? :p

Seems to be fewer and fewer going up on ebay every month now, wont be long ' till it becomes down to luck any appearing that you'd want

Seem to remember them being around the £450 mark which is ludicrous money for them really
That is a nice price & very tempting at that cost.
Nut yeah pushing the limits even at that price point.
Thats what I thought, happy that I got a relative sorta bargain but not sure if I'd have been as happy with it paying much more

Pretty sure you're right there only the bigger boys like SS etc. do switch out pieces.
Probably would have pushed the statues into another price bracket if they had.
Yeah, can't think of a single one but suppose there would have been the cost factor to think of as they always had been well priced.

Iron Studios do too which is a change for smaller pieces but having said that it does push the ones with switchout bits into another price bracket again

Lol genuinely can't see why
One of the worst ideas DC ever had
We're on the same page there 🤮

Even on other forums I can't ever remember seeing any praise for him either, completely baffling the price he commands :confused:

Yep same.
Looking forward to getting Newt on Christmas Day :)
Guess the only thing that would make it better is if you didn't know you where getting him?

Actually watched it the other weekend, was good & I'm certainly looking forward to the 3rd one now.
The Potters were wasted on me originally...was much more interested in the LotR when they were coming out at the same time but over the years they have grown on me...which is handy as both Katie & Chloe are obsessed with them so they are on fairly regularly in my house these days
Probably a good job that Star Ace got the 1/6th scale licence & maker such awful looking figures to be fair...if it was Hot Toys that is a rabbit hole I'm sure I would never get out of.
I was the same with LOTR at the time. But although I watched all the Potter's I thought they were ok but never really got me interested enough to look at collectibles much for the franchise.

Did see a few of them Star Ace ones and yeah, really old school sorta standard so would be easy passes...... if I'd been drawn in the likes of Hogwarts Lego castle would have been right up my street

Funny you should say that...paid the deposit for the 3rd release the other day :)
Also eyeing up figures from another Anime I'm into now as well...they already have 3 for Pre-order but the cast is much smaller so going to be easier to manage
A 3rd from the Anime one or another HT fantastic beasts one?

Look forward to future pics as always. I'd find it easier to start a line like that with fewer characters over what you describe with the ones you got the other two from

😇

Oh yeah P1 aren't the quickest are they?
That said a lot of the Hot Toys I'm after still aren't due until Q3-Q4 next year
It's crazy really.
No, as someone who isn't the most patient its going to be a long wait.

Same boat as yourself with the Hot Toys ones that are on my maybe list, by the time they are released it could go either way

Ha ha I thought the same after I read it back.

Definitely, they look great together.

Well there is always one to let the side down...hopefully BW is just a blip & everything else turns up looking awesome.

Neil
I do like the spidey set, really happy with them

To be fair likenesses of real people can be hard in statue form and even harder at a smaller scale like these. The sideshow PF I have of her isn't really much better face wise

Ah ok never even realised the Duty Exemption, that is interesting.

Yeah I do sea Freight by container mostly & it's an utter mess at the moment...you have no doubt seen the stuff about Felixstowe being snarled up...I can't get containers delivered until around the 11th January at the moment!

Also Freight charges have gone through the roof so fully expect price hikes on goods soon.
As an Example this time last year I could get a 40' Container from China to Felixstowe for around $1200 now it's over $9500!!!!
It's an absolute joke
Never really minded the job before but my god now...I'd happily do anything else! lol
I tend to only take in things that would effect me and vagually remember that duty limit being mentioned around the same time a few years ago that they reduced the vat limit to £15

Have heard my boss mentioning similar things recently for containers, madness the increases and as you say I'm sure prices of everything will start to rise sooner rather than later

Sounds like a nightmare with the logistics of it all lately, I don't envy you at all

So you should be, he's awesome
Is there a Joker on the horizon to pair with him?
Was a must as soon as I seen him. No word that I know of for a Joker but it would likely be an easy purchase for me too if they did do one

Also I forgot to reply to it yesterday when I went on my replying binge ;) but I did see that Email from Sideshow about expiring RP
Definitely need to decide what I want now...I have around $280 sat there so no way I want to lose them

Neil
No problem, I didn't see an email and seen it mentioned on another forum but I tend to just glimpse at the sideshow ones as there is sooooo many.

On the plus side it should push you off the fence and finally buy something from them next year ;)

Its all a bit crap isn't it? We're basically the same but without the Tier label for at least 4 weeks from this weekend, plus no click and collect. A bit of banter here and there is just about keeping me going.

Yep & sounds like it's only going to get worse still

Gam said:
At least its only ever been with relatively inexpensive things...... and hopefully it stays that way

Ha ha yeah

Gam said:
For things for you or are you going to try using the Chloe excuss again ;)

Little of Column A / Little of Column B ;)

Gam said:
Nice, think around £58 is the best I'd noticed it at. I'm still being tempted here but not really anywhere to put one

Well she was impressed with it ;)

Gam said:
Yeah, timed my break perfect on Friday and lifted my phone for a browse. Spilled my drink and nearly dropped my sandwich when I seen it was up on Amazon....... had been logged in with the app ready after missing out a few weeks ago but still, have never went through the checkout so quick in my life including hands shaking with excitment lol

Had a quick blast with Forza and yeah, does look good but the biggest obvious improvement has to be the loading times, much quicker. Want to finsh Miles Morales and then I'll move onto the avengers game on the xbox that I've had sitting here for ages waiting on the series x...... then the likes of Assassins Creed Valhalla or Cyberpunk will get started at some stage so good timing to coincide with a couple of weeks off

So that along with LOTR and BTTF UHD boxets is my main 'jobs' for over the next few weeks...... I'm sure I'll watch other things too but thats the minimum target

Excellent, glad you finally got one
So did you get round to any 4K viewing?

Gam said:
Something I never paid much attention to but starting to notice more and more of them around probably due to yourself posting about some of it.

There is just SO much of it, it's frankly crazy & heaven help anyone who is into a lot of Anime

Gam said:
I remember a lot of the risky looking ones in the backround of vipers pics in the past, at that time I thought thats all Anime was but like most things it appears to be lots to choose from for all types of tastes

Yep the 18+ stuff they turn out is just crazy & a lot seems to centre on young characters too...it's not healthy
But as you say you can easily look past that stuff & there is plenty of good quality pieces out there

Gam said:
Going back I built mine up and got a free one a couple of times but I guess that will be a thing of the past now. At least they give rewards points now for the money you pay them when you've cashed in some rewards points towards a purchase, it used to be if you used any points at all then didn't get any at all for the cash you payed on that order

Yeah I seem to remember that as well, if you use your points you couldn't earn more on this purchase.
Still I think once I use mine I'll be more or less done with worrying about collecting anymore

Gam said:
Yeah, like the saying a kid in a candy store

Ha ha we are all like that :)

Gam said:
Got 5 Iron Studios ones at almost the same time a few weeks so thought I'd dip feed the pics this time for them

WOW quite the spend up :)
Look forward to the pics when you get them done :)

Gam said:
Hopefully things will get back on track in the new year and they stay a good option as they do ship quick and pack well

Lets hope so

Gam said:
Nope, two more to share. Batman was the recent sideshow purchase. Compared to UK prices, sideshow even with customs charges are still competitive for the wee Iron Studios ones

Wow that's not too shabby...maybe I'll look at them for the Power Girl then

Gam said:
They were making great pieces for the price especially in the 1/6 and 1/7ish scales but who knows what may have happened if they had increased the prices much more than they did

But alas, all good things must come to an end

So sad, I'll miss them :(

Gam said:
Maybe its the getting kept going about keeping them captive stopping you? :p

Seems to be fewer and fewer going up on ebay every month now, wont be long ' till it becomes down to luck any appearing that you'd want

Lol probably
Oh really?
Perhaps people have realised that they may start creeping up in value now the line is finished & are holding on to them instead
May have to bite the bullet & jump on a few

Gam said:
Thats what I thought, happy that I got a relative sorta bargain but not sure if I'd have been as happy with it paying much more

Definitely, nice to get a bargain & sometimes it makes an ok purchase a great one.

Gam said:
Yeah, can't think of a single one but suppose there would have been the cost factor to think of as they always had been well priced.

Iron Studios do too which is a change for smaller pieces but having said that it does push the ones with switchout bits into another price bracket again

Nope I'm sure there weren't any either
I know Tweeterhead do them, but again price is higher than Iron Studios & the DC stuff.

Gam said:
We're on the same page there 🤮

Even on other forums I can't ever remember seeing any praise for him either, completely baffling the price he commands :confused:

Ha ha totally.
Nope I think it was unanimously loathed & possibly what killed the male side of the line.

Gam said:
Guess the only thing that would make it better is if you didn't know you where getting him?

Ha ha yeah :)

Gam said:
I was the same with LOTR at the time. But although I watched all the Potter's I thought they were ok but never really got me interested enough to look at collectibles much for the franchise.

Did see a few of them Star Ace ones and yeah, really old school sorta standard so would be easy passes...... if I'd been drawn in the likes of Hogwarts Lego castle would have been right up my street

Potters have grown on me quite a bit & I would be in trouble if HT got the license but the Star Ace stuff is just SO poor I can't believe they sell any of them.
That Lego Hogwarts is just stunning...toooo big though.

Gam said:
A 3rd from the Anime one or another HT fantastic beasts one?

Sorry it's from the Anime
I'm pretty sure HT are done with Fantastic Beasts now & there won't be anymore

Gam said:
Look forward to future pics as always. I'd find it easier to start a line like that with fewer characters over what you describe with the ones you got the other two from

Yeah I think fewer is better but hopefully they keep them well spaced out & at £80 a piece I can manage...I think ;)

Gam said:
No, as someone who isn't the most patient its going to be a long wait.

Same boat as yourself with the Hot Toys ones that are on my maybe list, by the time they are released it could go either way

Lol I'm the same I want stuff NOW not in 2 years time lol
My HT wishlist is obscene right now & I'm trying to hold off & only order when in stock as it helps space out a bit but I also need to make sure I have cash ready for when they do turn up.

Gam said:
I do like the spidey set, really happy with them

To be fair likenesses of real people can be hard in statue form and even harder at a smaller scale like these. The sideshow PF I have of her isn't really much better face wise

The Spidey is set is great, definitely needed them all :)

Yeah & we all know Sideshows History with faces don't we? ;)
On smaller scale it must be so much harder to sort.

Gam said:
I tend to only take in things that would effect me and vagually remember that duty limit being mentioned around the same time a few years ago that they reduced the vat limit to £15

Have heard my boss mentioning similar things recently for containers, madness the increases and as you say I'm sure prices of everything will start to rise sooner rather than later

Sounds like a nightmare with the logistics of it all lately, I don't envy you at all

Oh don't it's a total mess at the moment.
Had some rates in this morning for containers at around $10,200 it's just off the charts
Some shipping lines are even refusing to ship to the UK now as well.

Generally an awful time all round.

Gam said:
Was a must as soon as I seen him. No word that I know of for a Joker but it would likely be an easy purchase for me too if they did do one

Lets hope they announce a Joker soon, think you definitely need one to go with Batman :)

Gam said:
No problem, I didn't see an email and seen it mentioned on another forum but I tend to just glimpse at the sideshow ones as there is sooooo many.

On the plus side it should push you off the fence and finally buy something from them next year ;)

Ha ha yeah, Just waiting to see if there is any news on a firm release date for HT Endgame Captain America before I decide on the Full Metal Alchemist set.

Although that said did you see there was a tease in the 12 Days of Sideshow for a new PF that I might be quite interested in?? ;)

May have to see when that is due before I spend up the points ;)

Neil

Bit delayed but hope everyone had a good Christmas?

Here's my latest arrival from the other half the Hot Toys Fantastic Beasts Newt Scamander figure

IMG20201226111255.jpg
IMG20201226111328.jpg
IMG20201226111411.jpg
IMG20201226111421.jpg
IMG20201226111417.jpg
IMG20201226111426.jpg
IMG20201226111439.jpg
IMG20201226111444.jpg

Happy with him
Looks good & the tailoring is up to HT usual quality

Plenty of little goodies as usual & the little mini beasts are pretty cool

Neil

Yep & sounds like it's only going to get worse still
:(

Little of Column A / Little of Column B ;)
So what toys did daddy get :laugh:

Well she was impressed with it ;)
Nice job, still resisting here lol

Excellent, glad you finally got one
So did you get round to any 4K viewing?
Glad the 'chase' is over as it was getting a little irratating after just missing out a few times

And oh yes, had 6 movie nights in a row with the PJ starting with Bumblebee (BR) then onto the UHD's of LOTR then Infinity War and then Endgame........ then a boring night watching Man Utd last night :boring:

BTTF still to go over the new year :)

There is just SO much of it, it's frankly crazy & heaven help anyone who is into a lot of Anime
Always seen bits and pieces around but have noticed more recently just how much of it is around now my attention has been drawn to it...... think I'd be best to stay away lol

Yep the 18+ stuff they turn out is just crazy & a lot seems to centre on young characters too...it's not healthy
But as you say you can easily look past that stuff & there is plenty of good quality pieces out there
lol yeah I did think some of it was lets say a little awkwared looking to have on display, was never keen on that aspect but did dip into the yamashasomethingorother?????? busts that we were talking about a while ago which are ok, that and a few Bishoujo statues is as close as I've got

Yeah I seem to remember that as well, if you use your points you couldn't earn more on this purchase.
Still I think once I use mine I'll be more or less done with worrying about collecting anymore
It was a good thing they changed that, think of the uproar there would have been with there latest expiring change if they hadn't

And WHAT!!!!!!! done with collecting? What about all the nice brown boxes you'll miss out on ;)

Or hoping you mean you can be more casual with less planning purchases in the future?

WOW quite the spend up :)
Look forward to the pics when you get them done :)
It was and the remaing two are the most expensive and IMO the best ones so far

Had the pics taken when I was taking the others, just dragging out the posting but will get them up shortly

Wow that's not too shabby...maybe I'll look at them for the Power Girl then
She's sold out at sideshow but would have worked out around the same price or maybe a little cheaper from that french seller, UK prices I've seen seem to be a bit more expensive in general for them

So sad, I'll miss them :(
me too :(

Lol probably
Oh really?
Perhaps people have realised that they may start creeping up in value now the line is finished & are holding on to them instead
May have to bite the bullet & jump on a few
Bit of that and a bit of less/none coming out so the online stores not getting anymore even of the available ones

Careful jumping on them, they'll probably break and cause damage to your foot :lesson:
(couln't resist, sorry)

Definitely, nice to get a bargain & sometimes it makes an ok purchase a great one.
It is indeed although in this case the cheaper price made it an ok purchase

Nope I'm sure there weren't any either
I know Tweeterhead do them, but again price is higher than Iron Studios & the DC stuff.
Scary that the Tweeterhead line seems to be the half decent budget 1/6 scale statues now........ did you see the Iron Studios 1/6 scale Batman, looks really great but the price has went the XM/Prime 1 direction

Ha ha totally.
Nope I think it was unanimously loathed & possibly what killed the male side of the line.
He served a good purpose with a silver linning then :clap:

Potters have grown on me quite a bit & I would be in trouble if HT got the license but the Star Ace stuff is just SO poor I can't believe they sell any of them.
That Lego Hogwarts is just stunning...toooo big though.
Didn't look too closely at them but did remember turning my nose up at a few of them in passing in online shops so that sorta says it all for their quality :thumbsdow

Maybe a blessing in disguise for you as even the main three changed quite a bit as they grew older so there could have been loads you'd have needed if HT had made them, scary thought

Seen a lepin Hogwarts in the classifieds the other day fairly cheap, it did look big but think of the fun building that

Sorry it's from the Anime
I'm pretty sure HT are done with Fantastic Beasts now & there won't be anymore
Ahh, was thinking that as I couldn't find anymore HT's ones but as you know you can never say never with HT as they are liable to make a few more when another film comes out but wether they would be musts or not would be another question

Yeah I think fewer is better but hopefully they keep them well spaced out & at £80 a piece I can manage...I think ;)
:smashin:

Lol I'm the same I want stuff NOW not in 2 years time lol
My HT wishlist is obscene right now & I'm trying to hold off & only order when in stock as it helps space out a bit but I also need to make sure I have cash ready for when they do turn up.
Sure is your wishlist not just the catalogue? ;)

I'm not too bad with HT wants, think of the top of my head Harley is the only likely one but won't rule out the likes of Mando, Miles Morales and spidergwen depending on mood when they are released

The Spidey is set is great, definitely needed them all :)

Yeah & we all know Sideshows History with faces don't we? ;)
On smaller scale it must be so much harder to sort.
Still Peni to go in the Spiderverse line so might not need them all ;)

Black Widow's been growing on me, so not as dissappointed in the face anymore. To be fair painted sculpted human faces without makup never have been too perfect for most companies and that really the first Human likeness that I've got from Iron Studios

Oh don't it's a total mess at the moment.
Had some rates in this morning for containers at around $10,200 it's just off the charts
Some shipping lines are even refusing to ship to the UK now as well.

Generally an awful time all round.
Hopefully if they get there deal past it will sort itself out over the coming weeks/months but no matter what happens you can be pretty sure prices for most things will rise

Talking of shipping on a personal level theres still no word on whats meant to happen with paperwork for GB to NI packages, last week DPD suspended collections from GB for delivery to N and S Ireland and some online shops announced similar due to uncertainity of what is or will be needed.

As you say its just a mess so will be holding off any new purchases until things get sorted and become a but clearer

Lets hope they announce a Joker soon, think you definitely need one to go with Batman :)
I can hope, he would be an easy purchase if they were to do one

Ha ha yeah, Just waiting to see if there is any news on a firm release date for HT Endgame Captain America before I decide on the Full Metal Alchemist set.

Although that said did you see there was a tease in the 12 Days of Sideshow for a new PF that I might be quite interested in?? ;)

May have to see when that is due before I spend up the points ;)

Neil
Get them all!!!!!!! 🤯

I did see the Power Girl announcement, just hope its not another Robin scenario for you when its revealed 😨

One thing to note, it wont have to release next year for you to use your rewards points if you wanted to as they can be used at the pre-order stage. But depending if the ex is a must or not it may be chaeper getting it over here

Bit delayed but hope everyone had a good Christmas?

Here's my latest arrival from the other half the Hot Toys Fantastic Beasts Newt Scamander figure

View attachment 1431649View attachment 1431650View attachment 1431652View attachment 1431654View attachment 1431655View attachment 1431656View attachment 1431657View attachment 1431658

Happy with him
Looks good & the tailoring is up to HT usual quality

Plenty of little goodies as usual & the little mini beasts are pretty cool

Neil
Nice one and that tailoring does look top notch even by Hot Toys normal standards :thumbsup:

That hand with the wand attached looks like a good idea as normally wee things like that keep falling off when on display....... speaking of display.........
Newt said:
Free me!! Free meeee!!!! Let me out!!!!

And last two additions of the year and it was always inevitable that they would be added to the collection, Iron Studios Thanos and Iron Man. Very happy with both and they turned out as good if not better than I expected

Quick pics of the switch out parts for Thanos that are now back in the box
DSC00158.JPG
DSC00159.JPG

And how I'll be displaying him
DSC00169.JPG
DSC00170.JPG
DSC00171.JPG
DSC00172.JPG

And "I am Iron Man" to go with him
DSC00173.JPG
DSC00175.JPG
DSC00176.JPG
DSC00177.JPG
DSC00179.JPG

So what toys did daddy get :laugh:

Lol I actually came away with nothing.

Gam said:
Nice job, still resisting here lol

lol, no idea when she'll build it though.

Gam said:
Glad the 'chase' is over as it was getting a little irratating after just missing out a few times

And oh yes, had 6 movie nights in a row with the PJ starting with Bumblebee (BR) then onto the UHD's of LOTR then Infinity War and then Endgame........ then a boring night watching Man Utd last night :boring:

BTTF still to go over the new year :)

I bet you are, so glad you finally got it.
Glad to hear you watched some movies.
Did you get BttF watched?

Gam said:
Always seen bits and pieces around but have noticed more recently just how much of it is around now my attention has been drawn to it...... think I'd be best to stay away lol

Ha ha it's for the best ;)

gam said:
lol yeah I did think some of it was lets say a little awkwared looking to have on display, was never keen on that aspect but did dip into the yamashasomethingorother?????? busts that we were talking about a while ago which are ok, that and a few Bishoujo statues is as close as I've got

Yeah some of it is pretty awkward looking.
Some of the Bishoujo stuff is really nice though.

Gam said:
It was a good thing they changed that, think of the uproar there would have been with there latest expiring change if they hadn't

Yeah would have been some seriously peed off collectors lol

Gam said:
And WHAT!!!!!!! done with collecting? What about all the nice brown boxes you'll miss out on ;)

Or hoping you mean you can be more casual with less planning purchases in the future?

Lol dear god no, never done, I just meant not worrying about collecting the RP anymore & just get what I want as I go.

gam said:
It was and the remaing two are the most expensive and IMO the best ones so far

Had the pics taken when I was taking the others, just dragging out the posting but will get them up shortly

Seen them, they look amazing.
Love the pose & getting the pair was the only right thing to do :)

Gam said:
She's sold out at sideshow but would have worked out around the same price or maybe a little cheaper from that french seller, UK prices I've seen seem to be a bit more expensive in general for them

Ah well I think as you've seen there might be a better option for her to finally grace the collection now ;)

Gam said:

Still one of the best lines to come out from anyone.

Gam said:
Bit of that and a bit of less/none coming out so the online stores not getting anymore even of the available ones

Yeah think you have a point there now.

Gam said:
Careful jumping on them, they'll probably break and cause damage to your foot :lesson:
(couln't resist, sorry)

Oh ha ha ;)

Gam said:
It is indeed although in this case the cheaper price made it an ok purchase

Nice when it finally works out like that

gam said:
Scary that the Tweeterhead line seems to be the half decent budget 1/6 scale statues now........ did you see the Iron Studios 1/6 scale Batman, looks really great but the price has went the XM/Prime 1 direction

Yeah it's getting crazy isn't it?

Gam said:
He served a good purpose with a silver linning then :clap:

Ha ha there was a reason for him ;)

Gam said:
Didn't look too closely at them but did remember turning my nose up at a few of them in passing in online shops so that sorta says it all for their quality :thumbsdow

Yeah better to just look & move on quickly

gam said:
Maybe a blessing in disguise for you as even the main three changed quite a bit as they grew older so there could have been loads you'd have needed if HT had made them, scary thought

Lol yeah it would be a rabbit hole I'd never get out of.

Gam said:
Seen a lepin Hogwarts in the classifieds the other day fairly cheap, it did look big but think of the fun building that

That would be cool.

Gam said:
Ahh, was thinking that as I couldn't find anymore HT's ones but as you know you can never say never with HT as they are liable to make a few more when another film comes out but wether they would be musts or not would be another question

Yeah think I could probably live without anymore if I'm totally honest.
Not much call for any other characters really.

Gam said:
Sure is your wishlist not just the catalogue? ;)

Lol sadly you're probably right ;)

gam said:
I'm not too bad with HT wants, think of the top of my head Harley is the only likely one but won't rule out the likes of Mando, Miles Morales and spidergwen depending on mood when they are released

Better than me then ;)
I won't list them...be here all day I think ;)

Gam said:
Still Peni to go in the Spiderverse line so might not need them all ;)

Hopefully not too long until she joins the collection :)

Gam said:
Black Widow's been growing on me, so not as dissappointed in the face anymore. To be fair painted sculpted human faces without makup never have been too perfect for most companies and that really the first Human likeness that I've got from Iron Studios

Glad to hear it...to be fair it didn't look too bad either but pleased she has grown on you.

Gam said:
Hopefully if they get there deal past it will sort itself out over the coming weeks/months but no matter what happens you can be pretty sure prices for most things will rise

Well to be fair if the mess I have been in at work since we went we back then we are in for a seriously rough time, it's been awful & I actually worked at the weekend for the first time in about 16 years

Gam said:
Talking of shipping on a personal level theres still no word on whats meant to happen with paperwork for GB to NI packages, last week DPD suspended collections from GB for delivery to N and S Ireland and some online shops announced similar due to uncertainity of what is or will be needed.

That sucks, hopefully they get back to it soon

Gam said:
As you say its just a mess so will be holding off any new purchases until things get sorted and become a but clearer

Really hope things settle down so much I still want lol

Gam said:
I can hope, he would be an easy purchase if they were to do one

Lol well hopefully it won't be long before they do :)

Gam said:
Get them all!!!!!!! 🤯

Ha ha would love too :)

Gam said:
I did see the Power Girl announcement, just hope its not another Robin scenario for you when its revealed 😨

One thing to note, it wont have to release next year for you to use your rewards points if you wanted to as they can be used at the pre-order stage. But depending if the ex is a must or not it may be chaeper getting it over here

I will be ok to grab Power Girl in a pose as long as it's not something silly.
Just be happy to potentially have her at last ;)

Yeah I thought that with the RP but I think I'll be using them for something sixth scale & start again for PG with a pre-order & spread the cost.
Hopefully the Exclusive will be worth getting :)

Neil

Nice one and that tailoring does look top notch even by Hot Toys normal standards :thumbsup:

That hand with the wand attached looks like a good idea as normally wee things like that keep falling off when on display....... speaking of display.........

Thanks man
Yeah the Tailoring is really nice.

Lol I hear him...I hear them all...they all call me late at night, their voices in my head...calling, telling me they need to be free...I'm afraid :eek::eek::eek: lol

Neil

And last two additions of the year and it was always inevitable that they would be added to the collection, Iron Studios Thanos and Iron Man. Very happy with both and they turned out as good if not better than I expected

Quick pics of the switch out parts for Thanos that are now back in the box
View attachment 1431945View attachment 1431946

And how I'll be displaying him
View attachment 1431947View attachment 1431948View attachment 1431949View attachment 1431950

And "I am Iron Man" to go with him
View attachment 1431951View attachment 1431952View attachment 1431953View attachment 1431954View attachment 1431955

Beautiful
Love them both they look fantastic, will be an amazing display.

Neil

Lol I actually came away with nothing.
:(

lol, no idea when she'll build it though.
So, started yet?

I bet you are, so glad you finally got it.
Glad to hear you watched some movies.
Did you get BttF watched?
Yeah watched all three together on new years eve I think it was....... had a food break between each one but the 5 or 6 hours just flew in so enjoyed them at least as much as previous viewings

Talking of BTTF there was very strong rumours of Iron Studios getting a licence for it so will have to keep an eye out for that

Yeah some of it is pretty awkward looking.
Some of the Bishoujo stuff is really nice though.
There's quite a few of the dc and marvel Bishoujo I've been tempted with but its another slippery slope that I've managed to stay off

Yeah would have been some seriously peed off collectors lol
To be fair it doesn't take much to get some collectors rilled up so that could have broke them if it had happened lol

Lol dear god no, never done, I just meant not worrying about collecting the RP anymore & just get what I want as I go.
phew, thats what I was hoping you meant, glad to hear it :smashin:

Seen them, they look amazing.
Love the pose & getting the pair was the only right thing to do :)
Iron Man was always a definite long before I started getting them but that Thanos does pair very well with him

Managed to get the first half of the Captain America's, the 2012 one, just waiting for the 2023 one now to complete that pairing

Ah well I think as you've seen there might be a better option for her to finally grace the collection now ;)
Just hope for your sake they are on top form with her and her assets ;)

Going back to the ebay seller, I see that ebay have auto added 20% vat for uk buyers onto her now (as well as anything else that was under £135) and the shipping price has almost doubled so adding in total near another £30 onto the price so no longer that cheap anymore

Yeah it's getting crazy isn't it?
Definetely, I did take a liking to that 1/6 scale Iron Studios Batman but lost complete interest in it when I saw the price :eek:

Unfortunately have been noticing the small Iron Studios ones have been creaping up too, hoping the Hawkgirl that was just announced isn't the new norm price point

Lol yeah it would be a rabbit hole I'd never get out of.
Think you're stuck in enough rabbit holes to be honest without the need for anymore ;)

Yeah think I could probably live without anymore if I'm totally honest.
Not much call for any other characters really.
Are they making anymore films? It wouldn't be a shock if they made some more if another movie came along

Lol sadly you're probably right ;)

Better than me then ;)
I won't list them...be here all day I think ;)
Guess it would be a short list for the ones that are of no interest to you :p

Hopefully not too long until she joins the collection :)
Still a maybe/probably situation with that one, will depend on what else, if anything, I'm buying around the same time

Glad to hear it...to be fair it didn't look too bad either but pleased she has grown on you.
Its always one that is going to look even better once Red Skull is released and joined with her. To me its a set rather than an individual piece

Well to be fair if the mess I have been in at work since we went we back then we are in for a seriously rough time, it's been awful & I actually worked at the weekend for the first time in about 16 years
Work, weekend? Is that a thing lol

Don't envy you at all. Looks like a complete shambles with mainly a lot of added extra paperwork making life more difficult

That sucks, hopefully they get back to it soon
Well, new years eve they decided to put a 3 month grace period on GB-NI parcels so they've kicked the issue down the road a few months so still a wait and see in the long term

I will be ok to grab Power Girl in a pose as long as it's not something silly.
Just be happy to potentially have her at last ;)

Yeah I thought that with the RP but I think I'll be using them for something sixth scale & start again for PG with a pre-order & spread the cost.
Hopefully the Exclusive will be worth getting :)

Neil
fingers crossed for you that the pose is great :thumbsup:

Going by sideshow's history with Exclusives there seems to be less and less must have ex's these days but hope this one is an exception to that so you can finally feel the need to use them damn reward points if you don't use them on a sixth scale figure first

I enjoyed the series when I watched it but to be honest I can only remember clearly and continually hear that one word from it, the rest is a bit foggy in the memory..... its a catchphrase that definetely sticks with you 💩
I recall, fondly, so many of the great characters and funny things they said. For example, McNulty's catchphrase (do you remember it at all?) and who can forget the one and only Fuzzy Dunlop, lol. :laugh: That still makes me chuckle to this day.

I can even remember all the words to the shows main theme song. :p

100% agree but as you alluded to its only down to space that I've went digital
I've tried digital in the past, but wasn't too fussed on it.

Was shocked when I looked up that thread and it was still going, glad to be finished with all them type of subs I had going at one stage
I was nearly sucked in to the DC Batman graphic novels and Judge Dredd ones a few years back, but nipped them in the bud quickly.

Had all the zombie busts from that collection at a time but they are long gone now but had to keep that one and the wee zombie that attaches to it
Got a pic of them all together at all?

It looks great. I can understand why you kept it.

I'd be assuming its well out of reach, ignoring the price the space demands wouldn't be good for you either....... the 'fun' with Ivy was that it was just barely within reach so always a slight chance of tipping you off the fence.
Did my resistance disappoint you in the end?

I can't wait for those pics from you and @Our Year.

Yep, you can select performance or fidelity mode. Sooo smooth and bouncing about when fighting is much easier to keep track of in performance mode
I sure like the sound of that. ;)

Have a few mental pics in my head, making and placing a support for him to hold onto will be the only challenge
I'm sure that will be nothing to someone with your DIY expertise.

She is, very special ;):love:
:D

Cool, they can do a good job and much easier than air and cloths. Look forward to hearing how you get on with it
It worked a treat. I actually found the process quite relaxing.

Have done, phew.... theres been 3 or 4 now that I'm happy to have passed on so the completest in me for them is gone
It's always nice to put him to bed again, eh? ;)

Can't see it on display so alls good :)
:thumbsup:

Settled areas should be much much higher now, only a handful of areas left to be happy with........ but and its a big but, any of the settled areas can be changed if anything really good and better comes along that would suit that area better.
Of course. The everlasting state of flux always remains to some degree. Keeps things fresh and interesting.

Like all the recent DC ones they seem to be very scarce. £120ish is my limit so wont be going near sideshow for it who seem to be one of the only places to have her instock
That's a fair limit you've put on her I'd say. I hope you get her at some stage.

Should I be worried? Not sure sensible would suit me ;)
Give it a chance. You might like it. :D

Seen a few fairly basic ones touching near £400 before so very rarely look them up there now
Oof! :eek: Good luck to them with that kind of pricing. :suicide:

They don't seem to get as much now either so that likely plays into the lack of discount as they don't get to the stage of trying to shift stock
Good point.

What about that P1 Harley...... it must come close :laugh:
You get browny points for her epicness, but what kind of saving did you make on her?

You must be a good influence on me as I haven't even been slightly tempted to pay over rrp for an xbox, in the past I would have overpayed and had one
This tickles me. I see you got one in the end. Admit it, not overpaying felt good, didn't it? ;)

It's also worked in the past and I'm sure it will work in the future, I'm not the hardest to convince to get these sorta things when funds and space allow
Duly noted. :p

But then it would put people off thinking its coming from the US even though it really makes no difference in the end...... well not no difference, looking at the zavvi threads here and the time films and steelbooks are taking to arrive it seems they would be probably quicker coming from the US at the minute
You are right. I suppose in the end it doesn't matter, especially when it comes to collectibles. All that extra journeying time would make me a little more anxious though. More of a chance for breakages.

Yeah, their dispatch times right now are pretty dire. They should definitely look at others ways of expediting things, even if that means importing more.

Give me a hint 😢
:lease:

Manufacturer even :smashin:
Who's been your favourite go to manufacturer for the last while? ;)

It's been building since the first Arkham game, just sorta getting out of control a little now
A little? I'd hate to see a lot! :eek: Lol.

The nine from the Fellowship is my iconic memory and have the smallish weta diorama for them which keeps me content along with the other remaining 1/6 scale weta and sideshow statues
That's fair enough. It's clear I'm not going to get a new angle here, lol.

They were entertaining and worth the watch at least once, just didn't click with me as much as the LOTR trilogy
I still haven't watched my set, or indeed opened it. I'm thinking about selling it on if I can't acquire the LOTR set to go with it. We'll see what happens.

, its starting to look like one of those limited sets :(
Don't I know it. :( The prices on eBay are obscene. Blasted scalpers! :mad:

On the plus side, is there not rumours of another BR set coming out next summer or did I imagine that?
You are quite right. It's an uber set, with all kinds of extras, but I fear it will be very expensive, which is why I would prefer just the steelbook set.

She'd be too tall and it isn't a prime spot. The space she'll be going in should be in good view from the sofa so something interesting to look at when Utd are on the TV ;)
I had a feeling you'd give her pride of place. ;)

Mostly normal prices for lego with the odd set getting reduced now and again, seems to be the form for lego in most places
Just wish I had one of those stores near me. :thumbsdow

True :smashin:

Next three I've to post pics of are my dearest ones so far and am more than happy with them
Having now seen them, I'm not surprised. Love the pose for that Bale Batman. I sincerely hope they do a Ledger Joker to pair with him.

The Thanos and Ironman pieces are awesome too, although the significance of their poses is lost on me for now. The switch out parts on Thanos are pretty cool.

No, no your ok, finish your sentence
Certainly. That's exactly what I am experiencing with #########. :D

Knew they would go over your head...... although did you ever get caught up on the MCU so you may or may not even have got the references
Ah, that will be why. I'm still languishing back in Phase 1. :blush:

Cover Girls Harley and B&W Batspawn although I'm not sure where I can put the later that I'll be happy with but I'll find somewhere.
Woo...Batspawn back on the cards again? What changed your mind about him? Or are you just getting him deliberately to tease me with?

Got an email from them for both with new expected dates of before the end of February
Not too much longer to wait now then. Hopefully they don't get pushed back any more.

and my latest statue line obsession? Still only narrows it down to about half a dozen so pics will be up soon for that one
As already said I like him a lot. They've done well with that piece. :smashin:

Yeah it's a shame, these figures hit the Knock off Stage really quickly so it's get in on the pre-order or lose out :(
So it would seem. :thumbsdow

I would absolutely love a 1/6 scale guyver 1 and 3.
Oooh interesting, I wasn't aware of a new one, will look it up
So what do you think?
Ha ha didn't last long, new Pre-order deposits paid this week ;)
Woo...what for?
He's welcome too...there are a lot of leafs to take ;)
Yep, a good few forests worth. :laugh:
D'oh yes of course I do
what a Pillock I am ;) lol
You're fine, I knew what you meant. ;)
Absolutely
I've heard grumblings that a reboot could be on the cards. :facepalm:
Yes, there are some great stories in there & they can do what they want with them, they just work so well
You could make some epic films from them.
Yeah I've seen a few that have made me question it...but I'm a completist & try to keep up with the collection so I'll give it a shot at least
Have you got it yet? Had a watch?
Just standard BD
Hoping to go back for a 3D re-watch soon though.
I'm sure that will be epic on a whole different level.
You're in for a good one with Cap, it's great.
Still waiting for a chance to watch it. :rolleyes: I'm looking forward to it though.
Lol if money is available then I will definitely have him as well :)
Double Thanos. Woo...:D
Endgame, he is the ultimate one for me :)

I think it will be the Endgame one again, just trying to work out if I want Battle Damagaed or clean
Also price a big factor here...being Diecast he's the wrong side of £400 at the moment :(
The Endgame ones should be the easiest to acquire as well, no?

I feel for you regarding Ironman. He's never been cheap to be fair, but these days? Oof! Still, at least he'll be a one and done job. Right?
I think I can actually sit on either & wait a bit really...both have new movies due so bound to be newer figures to follow.
Good point. I think the existing Spidey's are great though.
Yep so did I :(
I think they really need a talented old school fan to take the reins of such a project.

Has the new show won any fans do you know?
I actually Tweeted them the idea the other week...I was met with a stony silence not even a response at all :(
Well that's rude!
Might try Second Sight or 88 Films next ;) lol
Ha, ha! Good man. :smashin: Why not? :D
Lol oh yes very easily influenced...it has continued ;)
We've noticed! :p
No I went on my own
Met some people out there who got me my ticket & went to the game with them :)
Had an amazing time
I'm pleased you had others to share the actual event with. That kind of thing is better shared that going solo.

Do you think you'll ever go back some day?
Just another Figure, will grab a pic later for you.
So, about that picture? :D
No probs, probably won't be for a while now though sadly :(
That's no problem. I can be quite patient when I need to be.
We try to help where we can. ;)
Lol again having gone into Tier 4 now this will take a massive back seat again & nothing until everything gets back to normal :(
Understandable. Let's just hope things improve this year.

Finally got him guys, unfortunately back in his box until there is room. I'm pleased with him.
Forgive the lump of poly in the back of his clothes, knew I was putting it back in box so tried best to keep packed.
K8UVQ2xqQf+qNlWWiLuoMw.jpg

He looks great @carlosv1. :smashin: Thanks for sharing that pic with us. Will look forward to seeing him again, and the rest of your collection, when you get your units all set up.

So, started yet?
Lol nope still in it's box :(

Yeah watched all three together on new years eve I think it was....... had a food break between each one but the 5 or 6 hours just flew in so enjoyed them at least as much as previous viewings

Talking of BTTF there was very strong rumours of Iron Studios getting a licence for it so will have to keep an eye out for that
Oooh interesting on the Iron Studios...I can see you grabbing all of them :)

There's quite a few of the dc and marvel Bishoujo I've been tempted with but its another slippery slope that I've managed to stay off
Ha ha yeah that is a massive rabbit hole that one

To be fair it doesn't take much to get some collectors rilled up so that could have broke them if it had happened lol
Yep totally killed them ;)

phew, thats what I was hoping you meant, glad to hear it :smashin:
Ha ha did you really expect anything else ;)

Iron Man was always a definite long before I started getting them but that Thanos does pair very well with him

Managed to get the first half of the Captain America's, the 2012 one, just waiting for the 2023 one now to complete that pairing
Glad to hear it
Look forward to the Cap display

Just hope for your sake they are on top form with her and her assets ;)
Ha ha so am I ;)

Going back to the ebay seller, I see that ebay have auto added 20% vat for uk buyers onto her now (as well as anything else that was under £135) and the shipping price has almost doubled so adding in total near another £30 onto the price so no longer that cheap anymore
Yep nothing going to be cheap now :(

Definetely, I did take a liking to that 1/6 scale Iron Studios Batman but lost complete interest in it when I saw the price :eek:
Ha ha like me...everything looks great until the price :(

Unfortunately have been noticing the small Iron Studios ones have been creaping up too, hoping the Hawkgirl that was just announced isn't the new norm price point
Let's hope the prices don't go too crazy :(

Think you're stuck in enough rabbit holes to be honest without the need for anymore ;)
Lol yep definitely don't need anymore ;)

Are they making anymore films? It wouldn't be a shock if they made some more if another movie came along
There is a 3rd in the works but the way Hot Toys are with licenses that aren't Marvel or Star Wars I fully expect this is 2 & done (think BttF / Sucker Punch / Inglorious Bastards / GI joe etc.)

Guess it would be a short list for the ones that are of no interest to you :p
And written on a postage stamp ;)

Still a maybe/probably situation with that one, will depend on what else, if anything, I'm buying around the same time
Hopefully will turn into a definite if not too much else on the horizon then

Its always one that is going to look even better once Red Skull is released and joined with her. To me its a set rather than an individual piece
They will look great together

Work, weekend? Is that a thing lol
Yes apparently it is now :( lol

Don't envy you at all. Looks like a complete shambles with mainly a lot of added extra paperwork making life more difficult
It is a MESS to say the least :(

Well, new years eve they decided to put a 3 month grace period on GB-NI parcels so they've kicked the issue down the road a few months so still a wait and see in the long term
Glad to hear it, hope they carry on that way

fingers crossed for you that the pose is great :thumbsup:

Going by sideshow's history with Exclusives there seems to be less and less must have ex's these days but hope this one is an exception to that so you can finally feel the need to use them damn reward points if you don't use them on a sixth scale figure first
Lol yep me too.
Yeah really seem lacking in the EX department these days, such a shame as they had some amazing ones before.
We'll see
Few more pre-orders in & a new figure has shipped from China...just the LOOOOONG wait for it to get here now :(

Neil

Finally got him guys, unfortunately back in his box until there is room. I'm pleased with him.
Forgive the lump of poly in the back of his clothes, knew I was putting it back in box so tried best to keep packed.
View attachment 1448492
Very nice :clap::clap::clap:

Glad he arrived safe and sound, I’ll hopefully have my next premium format coming soon.

How did the customs charge side go, are sideshow still using DHL that lets you pay it while it’s en route and was it worst case charge as expected?

Very nice :clap::clap::clap:

Glad he arrived safe and sound, I’ll hopefully have my next premium format coming soon.

How did the customs charge side go, are sideshow still using DHL that lets you pay it while it’s en route and was it worst case charge as expected?
Customs charged straight away and was no hold up due to it, it was £158 with £90 postage I believe so it still came in cheaper than if I had ordered from Zavvi. Plus Zavvi and other UK stores didn't seem to have the clapping hands edition so I am happy.
Ive purchased a DF60 Moducase from Sideshow for it and am thinking of setting it up soon so as to get a practical idea of scale of case etc. I didn't pay any customs on the DF60.
If the case fits well I might think about getting a DF130 and another DF60.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom