Collectors Figures, Pictures and Posters

The Call To Action One

Ah I know the one
Yeah definitely pushing the limits on that
He had been available here for under £600 but not the exclusive & seems sold out everywhere else now too

Neil

Yep sadly along with everything else getting too expensive to consider...not to mention the space they would take up
Wish they'd throw us a bone sometimes and produce something awesome yet affordable.

interesting ;)
We'll see what happens. ;)

I'm surprised you haven't been tempted to jump in yourself. Have you saw the Iron Studios Green Arrow statue?

Same, maybe one day
The hope never dies.

Lol please don't tempt me.
A-ha. So the master has a weakness after all? :devil::p

This whole current situation has made me re-evaluate what I am doing with my life & where the current employment is taking me
I can't see a change any time but I am getting a bit stir crazy if I'm honest
I can understand that. I've actually flirted with the idea myself in the past, but was talked out of it. I'd love to give it a go though, lol!

Absolutely, plus plenty of games out by then too ;)
Yep. Launch titles aren't usually the best anyway. It normally takes a year or two before the real system seller titles hit.

You & me both
A common gamer lament. ;)

Good news though...I finished Gears 3 last week :)
Me upon reading this sentence:-

Snoopy.jpg

I knew you could do it! Well done! :thumbsup:

What did you think of the ending?

Started Judgement as well now...that's erm interesting, the game tweaks are certainly different but not sure if it's an improvement on the formula.
Will plug through though.
I did warn you it was a bit meh. Hope you can get some enjoyment out of it though.

Still on the look out for a deal :)
Physical copy I assume?

That would have made sense but think Capcom suddenly realised how lucrative the remakes were becoming & decided to push 3 out way quicker than needed...also keeps the remakes running in correct order rather than skip 3 & jump to 4 but just rushed it instead
As you'll eventually discover yourself, the Resi 2 remake is a triumph. They could have easily coasted on the good will that received up until 8, then gone back and given 3 the attention it deserved. I'm sure all fans would have been happy to wait for it.

Your point about them cashing in quicker on 3 is likely spot on though. What company can pass on a quick and easy cash grab? I'm going to be salty about this for a while, lol.

Haven't really spent much time with them after the first one either.
Kept buying them but never got into them enough to complete them.
DMC 2 didn't review well, which is why I passed on it back in the day.

DMC 3 was a return to form apparently and I purchased that. It remains in it's cellophane to this day, lol! :laugh:

Same, probably my favourite remake period (Well apart from the Thing anyway, although Hills have Eyes runs it quite close too)
I'm sure it will come as no surprise to you that The Thing is my all time favourite remake. It's one of my top 5 films of all time.

I had hoped they'd continue the awesome in the Day of the Dead remake, but that fell a bit flat for me.

Same, it's what I did with Injustice 2 & Although I'm unlikely to delve into the DLC it's nice to have it all at my finger tips :)
There's nothing more satisfying than having every piece of content on disc. Can't be annoyed with all that downloading and redownloading nonsense. :nono:

It certainly was but.
Yeah, it hits hard and stays with you.

No I should get onto them though, think they are pretty cheap these days
Everybody's Gold for PS4 is about £9 if you look in the right places. I keep meaning to pick it up myself.

Thank you
It's basically because it's jack of all trades, Full HD LCD, can be put in TATE mode & means easy to hook up my Xbox 360 for all the Jpn import Shooters
Will be adding a Pandoras box as well for the old school goodies
The full HD screen alone makes it a winner in my book. :smashin: It's versatility is welcome gravy mind. ;)

Lol of course he would :)
It would have been rude not to, lol.

Happy to get the chance to dig out the old pics, loved looking at them again.
I'm rather partial to looking through old pics too. Makes you feel all fuzzy inside. :D

Now I just need to get them back from storage
You still have stuff in storage?

I know.
Also between that post & this one the one I had been looking at on Ebay has suddenly jumped from just around £250 to well over £300!!!
Figure is well out of my price range now

View attachment 1339444
friday-damn-gif-4.gif

Still I have my original figure from back in the day so that will do
:thumbsup:

Ha ha yes they would
Although there are some who think his films are great...they do need their heads examining to be honest
Yes, but are any of them over the age of 12? Lol! :laugh:

I never doubted you, squire. ;)

It's sooooo good, would love a full movie like that...
That would be mighty expensive to make.

...although that said the Netflix cartoon might be what I'm hoping for.
I hope it lives up to fans expectations. :)

Yep certainly going to take some getting used to & not sure I'll like it but definitely not going to stop me watching it
If the writing is good I'm sure you'll adapt. You'll always have your favourites though. ;)

Lol well it's Transformers...ALWAYS going to be stupidly excited for it ;)
I'll be interested to hear your thoughts after you've had time to take it all in.

I'd buy it in an instant if they did :)
Other Netflix animated shows have made the jump, so it's certainly probable.

Ha ha I know what you mean, I still have my Panasonic G20 Plasma ready for Retro console duties when I get the man shed sorted :)
Couldn't bring myself to part with that either when I upgraded
That's the kind of forward thinking I can get behind. :smashin: Remember to leave room for 2 La-Z-Boy's. :D

I reckon I'd need planning permission if I ever got the chance to build a man shed. :devil:

My little Sammy actually came with an adapter for all scart based consoles, so it serves me well on the retro front too. :)

Shame because they really were the ones to beat for a long time
They still sell big numbers of LCD's every year, but they lost me when they decided to compromise on quality.

Lol I do nothing but tempt people...thought you knew that by now ;)
Take a day off once in a while? :lease:

Still think to get a good set you are looking at mega bucks & I'm more than happy to be a LCD user for the foreseeable future
To tell the truth if my little Sammy was just a bit bigger, say 43", I wouldn't give a monkey's about upgrading, lol. :laugh:

Ha ha it really is that serious ;)
I believe you.

Ha ha, haven't we been doing that for a long time already?? ;)
Kinda, yeah! :p

YES!!!!!
Now you are fully immersed in my world :D:rotfl:
It's a scary place! :eek::laugh:

I laughed out loud when I saw this. :D I've yet to unlock the level 3 tier enabler achievement. :p

I do like some of the Amiibo's but that was one rabbit hole I wasn't prepared to jump down
Disney Infinity already sucked the life out of me once...not falling for it again ;) lol
Ha ha, I hear you. I'm not a completionist or anything. I only get the ones that appeal to me, which is quite a lot it would seem, lol.

I hadn't but have now...lovely
Would make a great display as you say.
Big fan of Symphony of the Night here, so it's hard to pass on them.

Fingers crossed :)
All the time. ;)

Wish they'd throw us a bone sometimes and produce something awesome yet affordable.

Ha ha think bones are long gone these days...all about the mighty £ now

Bemused One said:
We'll see what happens. ;)

Oooh that's interesting ;)

Bemused One said:
I'm surprised you haven't been tempted to jump in yourself. Have you saw the Iron Studios Green Arrow statue?

Yeah I have, very tempted by a lot of the Iron Studios stuff to be honest & if money allowed I would certainly be up for a few.

Bemused One said:
The hope never dies.

Ha ha you're right there

Bemused One said:
A-ha. So the master has a weakness after all? :devil::p

I have many...I just don't let anyone know about them ;)

Bemused One said:
I can understand that. I've actually flirted with the idea myself in the past, but was talked out of it. I'd love to give it a go though, lol!

Currently investigating options to train as a teacher, highly doubtful I'll do anything about it...being 43 with all the family trappings that go with it (Rent etc.) means unlikely to be able to afford to drop work & start training
But we'll never say never

Bemused One said:
Yep. Launch titles aren't usually the best anyway. It normally takes a year or two before the real system seller titles hit.

Absolutely, I'm more than happy to sit it out for a good couple of years

Bemused One said:
A common gamer lament. ;)

Lol yes it is

Bemused One said:
Me upon reading this sentence:-

View attachment 1342367
I knew you could do it! Well done! :thumbsup:

Ha ha ha certainly took me long enough & far too many tries

Bemused One said:
What did you think of the ending?

It was ok, not the big flashy ending I expected & could have been left as a trilogy but I am interested to see how 4 & 5 further the story now as a lot of loose ends were tied up here

Bemused One said:
I did warn you it was a bit meh. Hope you can get some enjoyment out of it though.

Yeah we'll see how far we get, I do like Baird & Cole though so would be fun to be them for a bit instead of Marcus all the time

Bemused One said:
Physical copy I assume?

Of course...although it is super cheap in the PSN sale at the moment

Bemused One said:
As you'll eventually discover yourself, the Resi 2 remake is a triumph. They could have easily coasted on the good will that received up until 8, then gone back and given 3 the attention it deserved. I'm sure all fans would have been happy to wait for it.

Yeah you'd think it would be more than enough to keep the ticking over & just power on with 8 but as I said money talks ;)

Bemused One said:
Your point about them cashing in quicker on 3 is likely spot on though. What company can pass on a quick and easy cash grab? I'm going to be salty about this for a while, lol.

Ha ha it's nice to have something to moan about from time to time ;)

Bemused One said:
DMC 2 didn't review well, which is why I passed on it back in the day.

Yeah think 2 didn't do much for me either & probably why I stopped the series

Bemused One said:
DMC 3 was a return to form apparently and I purchased that. It remains in it's cellophane to this day, lol! :laugh:

Lol you sound just like me, I have so many still sealed even as far back as my Gamecube days.

Bemused One said:
I'm sure it will come as no surprise to you that The Thing is my all time favourite remake. It's one of my top 5 films of all time.

The Thing is probably still the benchmark for any remake ever
Don't think anything has come close to matching that, it's just perfect & like you it's well up there as one of my favourite films of all time

Bemused One said:
I had hoped they'd continue the awesome in the Day of the Dead remake, but that fell a bit flat for me.

Less said about the Day of the Dead remake (& sequels) the better

Bemused One said:
There's nothing more satisfying than having every piece of content on disc. Can't be annoyed with all that downloading and redownloading nonsense. :nono:

Yep same

Bemused One said:
Yeah, it hits hard and stays with you.

Still one of the best Spiderman storylines ever

Bemused One said:
Everybody's Gold for PS4 is about £9 if you look in the right places. I keep meaning to pick it up myself.

Interesting might have to look it up

Bemused One said:
The full HD screen alone makes it a winner in my book. :smashin: It's versatility is welcome gravy mind. ;)

It's one of the first things that got me interested in it
I mean I'd love an older CRT cabinet like an Atomiswave SD / Sega Blast City / Konami Windy but as I'm in now way electrically or technically minded (or skilled) trying to repair a broken CRT will be so far beyond my means...at least with a full HD LCD cab a replacement screen is fairly easy to source still ;)

Bemused One said:
It would have been rude not to, lol.

Of course ;)

Bemused One said:
I'm rather partial to looking through old pics too. Makes you feel all fuzzy inside. :D

Same & I have rather a lot of them ;) lol

Bemused One said:
You still have stuff in storage?

Sadly yes.
We were making good headway on getting it all back but then lockdown happened & we stopped going
Will get back to it ASAP

Bemused One said:

Pretty much summed up my reaction too
Joke of a price now

Bemused One said:
Yes, but are any of them over the age of 12? Lol! :laugh:

Lol sadly yes, there are some who should know better ;)

Bemused One said:
That would be mighty expensive to make.

Yeah but so worth it.

Bemused One said:
I hope it lives up to fans expectations. :)

Well it's out today & early reports from TF fans I follow on Twitter are that it's pretty good.
Will be setting it up to watch as soon as I can

Bemused One said:
If the writing is good I'm sure you'll adapt. You'll always have your favourites though. ;)

I'm sure it will be fine, just hope it's as good as the trailer makes out.

Bemused One said:
I'll be interested to hear your thoughts after you've had time to take it all in.

Oh don't worry you'll be the first to know :)

Bemused One said:
Other Netflix animated shows have made the jump, so it's certainly probable.

Fingers crossed as I'd be more than happy to add it to the shelf

Bemused One said:
That's the kind of forward thinking I can get behind. :smashin: Remember to leave room for 2 La-Z-Boy's. :D

Ha ha will do

Bemused One said:
I reckon I'd need planning permission if I ever got the chance to build a man shed. :devil:

I'm just lucky mine was already here when we moved in :)
Certainly wouldn't be having one if it wasn't here already.

Bemused One said:
My little Sammy actually came with an adapter for all scart based consoles, so it serves me well on the retro front too. :)

Well that's a nice little bonus right there :)

Bemused One said:
They still sell big numbers of LCD's every year, but they lost me when they decided to compromise on quality.

Well cutting corners to make more $ is normally the way of big business eventually

Bemused One said:
Take a day off once in a while? :lease:

Hmmmmmmm No ;) lol

Bemused One said:
To tell the truth if my little Sammy was just a bit bigger, say 43", I wouldn't give a monkey's about upgrading, lol. :laugh:

Lol I only upgraded due to distance as well initially
when I got the 42" Plasma back in 2010 it was fine as the lounge was laid out to be about 1.5 metres away but then when Chloe was born & we re-arranged it went to the far end of the lounge & was over 3 metres away which made it harder on the eyes but I made do for about 5 years & then finally upgraded in 2017 when it was just getting too much lol
Plus until that point I hadn't really found a TV I thought was worth upgrading too but when I discovered the DX750 was available for so cheap (Circa £700) I had to jump at it

Bemused One said:
Kinda, yeah! :p

Well no reason to stop now ;)

Bemused One said:
It's a scary place! :eek::laugh:

But also full of Wonder & Whimsy :)

Bemused One said:
I laughed out loud when I saw this. :D I've yet to unlock the level 3 tier enabler achievement. :p

Glad you like it ;)
I'm sure you'll get there :)

Bemused One said:
Ha ha, I hear you. I'm not a completionist or anything. I only get the ones that appeal to me, which is quite a lot it would seem, lol.

Thank god you're not, this is an expensive hobby this Amiibo lark
There are just so many

Bemused One said:
Big fan of Symphony of the Night here, so it's hard to pass on them.

Well you know what you should really do don't you??

BUY THEM!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Bemused One said:
All the time. ;)

I don't think I could uncross mine now even if I wanted too lol

Oh & by the way there may be a post coming up soon that actually has some pictures ;)

Neil

So I've not had anything for ages but then all of a sudden stuff is like buses & it all arrives at once :)
I've had quite the few goodies in the last couple of weeks but not gotten round to posting any of them up so here's a couple of posts now with all the goodies :)

First up some artwork commissions I had done.
Now I've been collecting blank comic covers for a while now & over the last few years I've been having them worked on by an artist I met at a convention way back in 2016 & I just had 2 more done.

First up Zatanna from Justice League Dark

IMG20200721172938.jpg

And then we move on to one from a toy line that has been dear to my since the 80's M.A.S.K

IMG20200721172921.jpg

Now this isn't actually the first M.A.S.K book I have had done by Phil oh no this is actually my 7th!!!!!
I have a small obsession with these ones lol

I have also had 2 others done with the Masks themselves like this one & 4 with Vehicles & just to show you here they are in all their glory
I'm not stopping there either as I have one more blank M.A.S.K book & I'm always looking for more ;) lol

IMG20200721194205.jpg

IMG20200721194229.jpg

IMG20200721194239.jpg

IMG20200721194249.jpg

I have also had other Marvel/DC books done by Phil & I have plenty more of them to be done in the future too :)

IMG20200721194325.jpg

So anyway after that my first actual collectible arrived in the form of a new Nendoroid figure from the Anime Series Bleach, this time it is Toushiro Hitsugaya & he'll go nicely with my other character Ichigo that I picked up at MCM Comic Con last year

IMG20200704170845.jpg
IMG20200704170851.jpg

Now a new update surely wouldn't be complete without at least something Transformers related would it?? And of course there is a new addition :)
This is one based on the mini Headmasters that came out in G1 during the late 80's (think '88 if memory serves me)
It's from a 3rd party called Fans Hobby (the same ones who made the Optimus Prime I want but has gotten too expensive) & is their version of the original toy - Minerva but renamed (to protect the innocent) as Athena

IMG20200715194534.jpg

IMG20200715194540.jpg

As per usual not opened her up but will get round to it & more pictures to follow when I do :)

So that's all for part 1...more to come in the next post ;)

Neil

Part 2 :)

Now as you probably all remember there was some debacle with Planet Action Figures over my Captain Marvel pre-order that eventually got resolved & I ordered from another supplier well she finally arrived yesterday & by god is she awesome :love::love:

Only opened up as usual for some pictures but she's great...

IMG20200729184014.jpg
IMG20200729184232.jpg
IMG20200729184237.jpg
IMG20200729184242.jpg
IMG20200729184249.jpg
IMG20200729184253.jpg
IMG20200729184304.jpg
IMG20200729184359.jpg
IMG20200729184404.jpg
IMG20200729184457.jpg
IMG20200729184500.jpg
IMG20200729184322.jpg

Definitely want the endgame version as well now to go with her & I may or may not be falling down the Hot Toys rabbit hole again ;)

So yeah that's been my last couple of weeks, quite eventful if you ask me :)

Neil

Now as you probably all remember there was some debacle with Planet Action Figures over my Captain Marvel pre-order that eventually got resolved & I ordered from another supplier well she finally arrived yesterday & by god is she awesome :love::love:

View attachment 1342465View attachment 1342466View attachment 1342467View attachment 1342468View attachment 1342469View attachment 1342470View attachment 1342471View attachment 1342474View attachment 1342475View attachment 1342476View attachment 1342477View attachment 1342479

Definitely want the endgame version as well now to go with her & I may or may not be falling down the Hot Toys rabbit hole again ;)

Neil
so shes going straight into storage? tsk tsk

Always get impressed with the collections here, i had a tidy collection of statues in my old home, the sideshow stuff was great.. but in the new place i dont have the room,
What i always wanted was a Deckard Statue..
Just the one left Weta's Daily Planet and thats boxed in the garage soon to be sold off...

Last edited:
Ha ha think bones are long gone these days...all about the mighty £ now
You'd have thought cheaper pieces would have led to more sales, but hey, what do I know?

Oooh that's interesting ;)
Stay tuned. :D

Yeah I have, very tempted by a lot of the Iron Studios stuff to be honest & if money allowed I would certainly be up for a few.
What would be your top 5?

I have many...I just don't let anyone know about them ;)
Aww...that's no fun. :(

Currently investigating options to train as a teacher, highly doubtful I'll do anything about it...being 43 with all the family trappings that go with it (Rent etc.) means unlikely to be able to afford to drop work & start training
But we'll never say never
No harm in researching possibilities. You never know what opportunities could come along. ;)

Absolutely, I'm more than happy to sit it out for a good couple of years
I've got a feeling that the keenly anticipated VRR may need some time to get right as well, so it's better to sit back and see how things unfold.

Ha ha ha certainly took me long enough & far too many tries
I knew you'd crack it eventually. ;)

It was ok, not the big flashy ending I expected & could have been left as a trilogy but I am interested to see how 4 & 5 further the story now as a lot of loose ends were tied up here
A more sedate affair, was it?

Let us know what you think of 4 and 5.

Yeah we'll see how far we get, I do like Baird & Cole though so would be fun to be them for a bit instead of Marcus all the time
I'll be curious to find out your thoughts overall after you've completed the game.

Of course...although it is super cheap in the PSN sale at the moment
I'd clocked the cheap PSN price, but I had a feeling you were more a physical fan like myself. You'll doubtless get a bargain on the bay or perhaps even in the classifieds on here?

Yeah you'd think it would be more than enough to keep the ticking over & just power on with 8 but as I said money talks ;)
I'm hearing good things about their approach to 4, so we'll see how that turns out.

Ha ha it's nice to have something to moan about from time to time ;)
They'll be on the naughty step for a while, lol.

Yeah think 2 didn't do much for me either & probably why I stopped the series
Did you give it a go or give it a miss like I did?

Lol you sound just like me, I have so many still sealed even as far back as my Gamecube days.
Ha, ha. What are we like? :p Which Gamecube games do you have that are still sealed? I've got Xbox360, PS3 and even PS4 games still sealed, lol. :laugh: I'll get round to them eventually, honest. :p

The Thing is probably still the benchmark for any remake ever
Don't think anything has come close to matching that, it's just perfect & like you it's well up there as one of my favourite films of all time
Couldn't have put it better myself. ;)

Less said about the Day of the Dead remake (& sequels) the better
There were more after Day?

Still one of the best Spiderman storylines ever
Without question. The best ones always stay with you.

Interesting might have to look it up
I think you'd enjoy it.

It's one of the first things that got me interested in it
I mean I'd love an older CRT cabinet like an Atomiswave SD / Sega Blast City / Konami Windy but as I'm in now way electrically or technically minded (or skilled) trying to repair a broken CRT will be so far beyond my means...at least with a full HD LCD cab a replacement screen is fairly easy to source still ;)
Could you get away with using a full HD monitor as opposed to an LCD TV?

Same & I have rather a lot of them ;) lol
I have a few myself. :p They are always good for the nostalgia feels.

Sadly yes.
We were making good headway on getting it all back but then lockdown happened & we stopped going
Will get back to it ASAP
Do you have much left to shift, or is the majority done? I can't wait for you to get everything in house and finally get started on your display.

Pretty much summed up my reaction too
Joke of a price now
Not half! :eek:;) That's eye watering!

Lol sadly yes, there are some who should know better ;)
I reckon they need some Gen 1 schooling. ;)

Yeah but so worth it.
Do you think Hollywood would mind if we started a kickstarter, lol.

Well it's out today & early reports from TF fans I follow on Twitter are that it's pretty good.
Will be setting it up to watch as soon as I can
Have you read Cas's review? It really does seem like they've nailed it, which was great to read. Shame about the small number of episodes, but at least there are more to come. Hopefully they aren't too long off.

I'm sure it will be fine, just hope it's as good as the trailer makes out.
With the reviews in, I'd be confident going in now.

Oh don't worry you'll be the first to know :)
:thumbsup:

Fingers crossed as I'd be more than happy to add it to the shelf
Same.

Ha ha will do
Good man! :smashin:

I'm just lucky mine was already here when we moved in :)
Certainly wouldn't be having one if it wasn't here already.
What a treat. :love:

Well that's a nice little bonus right there :)
The gift that keeps on giving, lol. I was chuffed to bits when I discovered it upon first opening the box. Such a nice little extra.

Well cutting corners to make more $ is normally the way of big business eventually
So it would seem. :thumbsdow It's always disappointing when the cheap out.

Hmmmmmmm No ;) lol
Ah well, I tried. :rotfl:

Lol I only upgraded due to distance as well initially
when I got the 42" Plasma back in 2010 it was fine as the lounge was laid out to be about 1.5 metres away but then when Chloe was born & we re-arranged it went to the far end of the lounge & was over 3 metres away which made it harder on the eyes but I made do for about 5 years & then finally upgraded in 2017 when it was just getting too much lol
Plus until that point I hadn't really found a TV I thought was worth upgrading too but when I discovered the DX750 was available for so cheap (Circa £700) I had to jump at it
I always find people's upgrade histories interesting. I whole heartedly approve of the 'bemused' style bargain you got your current set for too. Well done. :thumbsup:

I've been searching hard for 4 years now, but still nothing. :thumbsdow I've come close on a few occasions, but events usually seem to conspire against me and I end up missing out. :( I'm determined to get something one day. Just hope my little Sammy can last.

Well no reason to stop now ;)
Ah go on, take a break, you deserve it. :D

But also full of Wonder & Whimsy :)
The woo shiny is stong here, lol!

Glad you like it ;)
I'm sure you'll get there :)
You and @gam are way ahead!

Thank god you're not, this is an expensive hobby this Amiibo lark
There are just so many
No need for me to catch 'em all. ;)

Well you know what you should really do don't you??

BUY THEM!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)
Logistics man! I just don't have the space!

I don't think I could uncross mine now even if I wanted too lol
Gloves must be a challenge for you, lol.

Oh & by the way there may be a post coming up soon that actually has some pictures ;)
Love 'em all, buddy. :love: Those MASK covers are particularly well done. Do you think your artist friend could fit a fully transformed Boulder Hill on one?

Pleased to see you finally got your Captain Marvel. :smashin: The extra temptation that came with her must be a nice bonus, eh? :devil:

Check my post to @Soundwave above. There may be a hint in there. ;)
Just looked them up, never heard of it before but I like the look of that Alucard one :thumbsup:

Did they do a Dracula too? The one of him I found looks to be a bit bigger in scale so not sure if they would display so well together

because its fun, for me? :p

I have a list now and everything. :blush::facepalm:
Post it or it doesn't exist :lesson:

yes that is Admiral Ackbar wispering in your ear :D

It's the same space I'll be working with, but I'll be using it a little better, hopefully. :p
Ah the fun of rearanging and magically making more space, just done a little of that to make room for my new purchase..... couldn't hold out any longer
IMG_0356.jpg

Two is not so bad. When are you expecting them now?
Missed a Harley on ebay last week but hoping a few more stores will get the two of them this month sometime, hopefully at a more reasonable price than the one last week

Do you think you'll pass on Batspawn then?
Heavily leaning more towards a pass but I'll not be silly enough to say I'm not getting for definite

Got a link to those pics at all? I'd love to see them. :)

From the sounds of it they have made an extra effort with him?
He does look imposing. Its one that would probably look better on display on his own or as a center piece to others in the line

Should I play the game with the upcoming DS Harley though? 🤔
Time will tell but I'm not overly impressed so far with this new distribution setup for them...... in the past they would have been available at a lot of stores on release date while now 3 or 4 weeks from the first in hand pics from the US I've only seen one available in the UK.

So if the supply chain isn't as good I can't see good prices like in the past...... but as I say time will tell and hopefully I'm wrong and things work out once they get going

Given the mileage you've got out of Ivy, do you blame me for keeping schtum? :laugh:
Don't know what you mean at all :devil::devil::devil:

When I'm doing my research I like to be thorough, so I like to get my information from as many sources as possible. A video review is probably one of the best ways to evaluate a potential purchase IMO.

It can indeed. It's a fun way of passing the time, provided you don't overdo it.
Do you ever find the more you look the more critism of very minor things tend to stand out and take away from the positives? (if that makes since)

I'm sure you'll be fine. Huntress and Harley can't be too far off, surely? I assume they are must haves, yes?
Yeah both will be very easy buys for me, I have the searches set up and looking reguarly on ebay in hope the usual places start getting stock at reasonable prices anytime now

Fingers crossed for you that they stay on track. I'm anticipating your pics of her already. :)
Its been a couple of years since my last PF so am looking forward to her that bit more than normal

I agree. The suits make for a nice contrast. Here's a little pic for encouragement. :devil::D

View attachment 1339374
Yep, the contrast like that is appealing for me to display them together but as one of my rules I'll have to enjoy the game too

So what would be the right ones for you?
No wish list as such, its more a case if they announce something I'll know right away if its a 'right one' for me and it will be bought

Did you get to games much before this year?
Been to Old Trafford a couple of times and when I was younger boat/bus day trips to games in Glasgow but I'm not much for the traveling side of it

I could get in to Lego in a big way because I absolutely love building things and there are many sets that have appealed to me over the years. Like yourself though, space is an issue, even more so for me and my little corner :p, lol.
The Millenium Falcon was the one that got me into it as I always wanted something for that ship at that size for under the coffee table, was a little daunting at first when I saw all the bags but it was one of my best purchases as the experience building it made it that bit more special

View attachment 1342465View attachment 1342466View attachment 1342467View attachment 1342468View attachment 1342469View attachment 1342470View attachment 1342471View attachment 1342474View attachment 1342475View attachment 1342476View attachment 1342477View attachment 1342479

Neil
**** off Neil !!!!!!! ;):D
Must resist, must not start into Hot Toys MCU figures lol

Seriously though looks great but as usual my resistance is struggling thanks to your pics

You must be glad you finally got one :thumbsup:

You'd have thought cheaper pieces would have led to more sales, but hey, what do I know?

Ha ha you'd think so wouldn't you.

Bemused One said:
Stay tuned. :D

"Don't touch that Dial & we'll be back next week...same Bat Time, same Bat Channel" ;)

Bemused One said:
What would be your top 5?

Oh god here we go ;)

Not in order but if I had to pick 5 probably these -

'89 Batmobile deluxe
Lion-O & Snarf
X-Men Bishop
Power Girl
Poison Ivy

Tried to choose from a few different lines because it would have been really easy to just pick ALL the Thundercats or X-Men sentinel stuff ;)

Bemused One said:
Aww..that's no fun. :(

Lol need to keep them secret ;)

Bemused One said:
No harm in researching possibilities. You never know what opportunities could come along. ;)

I think I might seriously start looking just to see

Bemused One said:
I've got a feeling that the keenly anticipated VRR may need some time to get right as well, so it's better to sit back and see how things unfold.

Totally

Bemused One said:
I knew you'd crack it eventually. ;)

Was only a matter of time :)

Bemused One said:
A more sedate affair, was it?

Let us know what you think of 4 and 5.

It just sort of left everything neatly bundled up
Will let you know as soon as I get round to them :)

Bemused One said:
I'll be curious to find out your thoughts overall after you've completed the game.

Well so far it hasn't grabbed me like the others so maybe that's a sign already?

Bemused One said:
I'd clocked the cheap PSN price, but I had a feeling you were more a physical fan like myself. You'll doubtless get a bargain on the bay or perhaps even in the classifieds on here?

I'm sure it will crop up on Disc cheap at some point

Bemused One said:
I'm hearing good things about their approach to 4, so we'll see how that turns out.

Be interested to hear your thoughts, I'm quite happy to skip it

Bemused One said:
Did you give it a go or give it a miss like I did?

Pretty sure I tried it at least, the whole idea seemed really cool & I was excited for it but it just felt a bit meh

Bemused One said:
Ha, ha. What are we like? :p Which Gamecube games do you have that are still sealed? I've got Xbox360, PS3 and even PS4 games still sealed, lol. :laugh: I'll get round to them eventually, honest. :p

To be fair I think it's probably only the one - a US Import of the Mega Man collection
Past that the sealed stuff is mostly 360/PS3 onwards lol

Bemused One said:
Couldn't have put it better myself. ;)

It is just so bloody good

Bemused One said:
There were more after Day?

Well George turned out 2 more sequels - Land & Diary
But there were also a couple of independent sequels to Day - Contagium & Bloodline which are pretty terrible to be honest
But there was the 2008 Day remake with Ving Rhames & Mena Suvari which was actually written by George Romero & that was all just a bit meh

Bemused One said:
Without question. The best ones always stay with you.

They do indeed, much like Batman: Death in the family where they killed Robin, that was such a great book too

Bemused One said:
I think you'd enjoy it.

Probably, I do like pick up & play titles these days.

Bemused One said:
Could you get away with using a full HD monitor as opposed to an LCD TV?

Most likely yes, probably better to be honest because of less lag being introduced like with a normal TV set

Bemused One said:
I have a few myself. :p They are always good for the nostalgia feels.

Lol yes they are

Bemused One said:
Do you have much left to shift, or is the majority done? I can't wait for you to get everything in house and finally get started on your display.

A few bits, majority of my Hot Toys are there still, loft is WAY too hot to consider leaving either of my Batman ones up there for fear of the rubber suits getting ruined by the insane temperatures lately
ALL my comics are still there & I think to be fair they may have to go...no way I can stack them in the loft
I'll have to be VERY selective & just keep GN's & any special issues, past that They'll probably end up dumped...no value in any of them
Then tons of DVD's again see the Comic issue ;)

Bemused One said:
Not half! :eek:;) That's eye watering!

Too true...but I as we say lets never say never shall we ;)

Bemused One said:
I reckon they need some Gen 1 schooling. ;)

They certainly do ;)

Bemused One said:
Do you think Hollywood would mind if we started a kickstarter, lol.

Ha ha I think they'd welcome it ;)

Bemused One said:
Have you read Cas's review? It really does seem like they've nailed it, which was great to read. Shame about the small number of episodes, but at least there are more to come. Hopefully they aren't too long off.

I've avoided the reviews so far but from the little bits I have heard it's a good 'un

Bemused One said:
With the reviews in, I'd be confident going in now.

Well I did watch episode one & it seems pretty good but a few things for me -

1) The lips oh my god why do robots have lips??? they are so damn off putting
2) I still hate Bumblebee, the first episode did nothing to make me like him at all
3) The first female robot you encounter - Elita 1 must have been a runway model before the war, they gave her a catwalk walk which is really not in character lol

Other than that it was good, voice acting is only ok but I'll get used to it

Bemused One said:
What a treat. :love:

Was a massive bonus :) lol

Bemused One said:
The gift that keeps on giving, lol. I was chuffed to bits when I discovered it upon first opening the box. Such a nice little extra.

I bet, it's nice when things like that happen :)

Bemused One said:
So it would seem. :thumbsdow It's always disappointing when the cheap out.

Absolutely

Bemused One said:
Ah well, I tried. :rotfl:

Lol you can keep trying too ;)

Bemused One said:
I always find people's upgrade histories interesting. I whole heartedly approve of the 'bemused' style bargain you got your current set for too. Well done. :thumbsup:

I've been searching hard for 4 years now, but still nothing. :thumbsdow I've come close on a few occasions, but events usually seem to conspire against me and I end up missing out. :( I'm determined to get something one day. Just hope my little Sammy can last.

Yeah it was well worth waiting to find that ridiculous price

I reckon you'll be fine...by the sounds of it the telly will probably outlast most of us ;)

Bemused One said:
Ah go on, take a break, you deserve it. :D

Nah I'm ok ;)

Bemused One said:
The woo shiny is stong here, lol!

Lol it most certainly is

Bemused One said:
You and @gam are way ahead!

Well it's just years of practice that got us to these points :)

Bemused One said:
No need for me to catch 'em all. ;)

Thankfully, it's a very deep hole that one

Bemused One said:
Logistics man! I just don't have the space!

Ha ha preaching to the converted ;)

Bemused One said:
Gloves must be a challenge for you, lol.

Yes, yes they are ;)

Bemused One said:
Love 'em all, buddy. :love: Those MASK covers are particularly well done. Do you think your artist friend could fit a fully transformed Boulder Hill on one?

Pleased to see you finally got your Captain Marvel. :smashin: The extra temptation that came with her must be a nice bonus, eh? :devil:

Thanks man, I'm over the moon with everything
I'm pretty sure he could but not convinced it would look great because of the size it would have to be drawn at to make it fit
I have other ideas for the remaining blank & if I can find one more then there is a different plan but whatever it will be good :)

Yeah she is awesome & definitely worth the wait.

Now what's next on the shopping list ;)

Neil

**** off Neil !!!!!!! ;):D
Must resist, must not start into Hot Toys MCU figures lol

Seriously though looks great but as usual my resistance is struggling thanks to your pics

You must be glad you finally got one :thumbsup:

Tee hee I made @gam swear ;)

Thanks, she is awesome, well worth going for the Deluxe version as well & yes totally glad I have one now.

Lol your resolve is probably like mine & cracking badly
I have pretty much decided that my Reward Points at Sideshow are going to get me an Endgame Captain America to go with Thor & Cap Marvel
Think once I factor in shipping & Customs he might be around the £100 mark but I think I need a Cap now
Just a shame the Iron Man diecasts are all out of my price range now

Neil

Tee hee I made @gam swear ;)

Thanks, she is awesome, well worth going for the Deluxe version as well & yes totally glad I have one now.

Lol your resolve is probably like mine & cracking badly
I have pretty much decided that my Reward Points at Sideshow are going to get me an Endgame Captain America to go with Thor & Cap Marvel
Think once I factor in shipping & Customs he might be around the £100 mark but I think I need a Cap now
Just a shame the Iron Man diecasts are all out of my price range now

Neil
I literaly did when I saw your pics as there was one in the UK on ebay last week that was well priced so I had been hovering over the offer button for it and went to it to make an offer soon after seeing your pics but probably a good thing in the long run that it had just sold...... I just don't trust myself one bit getting an odd one from the MCU

The Diecast ones are a match made in heaven for Iron Man but as you say the price for them are a bit on the steep side

At least you've made (or very close to making) a decision for your reward points usage and Cap will sit along well with your others, in their nice brown boxes of course ;) but I'm guessing thats reduced the likelihood of any more new premium formats for you in the foreseeable future?

I literaly did when I saw your pics as there was one in the UK on ebay last week that was well priced so I had been hovering over the offer button for it and went to it to make an offer soon after seeing your pics but probably a good thing in the long run that it had just sold...... I just don't trust myself one bit getting an odd one from the MCU

The Diecast ones are a match made in heaven for Iron Man but as you say the price for them are a bit on the steep side

At least you've made (or very close to making) a decision for your reward points usage and Cap will sit along well with your others, in their nice brown boxes of course ;) but I'm guessing thats reduced the likelihood of any more new premium formats for you in the foreseeable future?

Ha ha nice to know I still have that affect on your collecting habits ;)
That sucks about losing out, she really is awesome in hand, although the suit does look like it might be the kind to wrinkle easily so if you do get one then Museum poses might be the way forward

Oh don't this Hot Toys Rabbit Hole I'm staring down...the hole seems to be getting bigger & the edge is VERY crumbly ;) lol

Lol yeah sort of, maybe, perhaps, kind of...although there are a couple of other 6th scale bits on site I'm still hovering over.

Hmmm Pf's
Let's never say never the new Star Wars Mythos are tempting & the sudden arrival of Sideshows new originals Line shown at Comic Con online are very appealing
Also not PF but this has caught my interest big time -

1125_previewbanner_PumpkinWitch.jpg

Apparently the first in a new line & very, very me to be honest

So who knows where I'm heading as usual ;) lol

Neil

if any of you gents ever see her for sale sub 300 could you let me know thanks :)

Not entirely sure that's possible but any thoughts on the Fire Toys version??
Looks pretty spot on & readily available for around £150

__fire_toys_16_scale_action_figure__a025_the_dark_knight_rise__catwoman__selina_kyle__anne_ha...jpeg

Think it would be a fine stand in

Neil

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
i was looking at that not sure about it tbh

ive seen a 2nd hand ht for 300 on the bay

Wow £300 second hand??
No chance I'd pay that I'd be more than happy with the fire toys version

There's an unboxing vid on YouTube which might be worth a watch?

Just looked them up, never heard of it before but I like the look of that Alucard one :thumbsup:
Glorious, isn't he? :love:

Did they do a Dracula too? The one of him I found looks to be a bit bigger in scale so not sure if they would display so well together
A different company did the Dracula one, First 4 Figures. You are right he is a different scale, so bigger, but I find it fitting that he is taller than his son.

because its fun, for me? :p
It's strange how some people get their kicks. :eek:

Post it or it doesn't exist :lesson:
Does anyone know the file size limit for this forum? Lol! :D

yes that is Admiral Ackbar wispering in your ear :D
Evasive Manoeuvres!

Ah the fun of rearanging and magically making more space...
As I've told you before my display will always be in flux. ;)

...just done a little of that to make room for my new purchase..... couldn't hold out any longer
View attachment 1344724
Oh yeah! :cool: Colour me green with..., oh damn it! :facepalm::laugh: Hope you got it for a good price?

Missed a Harley on ebay last week but hoping a few more stores will get the two of them this month sometime, hopefully at a more reasonable price than the one last week
Are you saying there was a new DC Harley on eBay? Really?

Which stores are you watching?

Heavily leaning more towards a pass but I'll not be silly enough to say I'm not getting for definite
I was passing on him until I followed the links you posted (thanks for those by the way :)) to the pics on that other forum. I'm back to wanting him again now, lol.

He does look imposing.
Like a boss! :cool:

Its one that would probably look better on display on his own or as a center piece to others in the line
Agreed, but please stop putting ideas in my head, lol.

Time will tell but I'm not overly impressed so far with this new distribution setup for them...... in the past they would have been available at a lot of stores on release date while now 3 or 4 weeks from the first in hand pics from the US I've only seen one available in the UK.
Perhaps the global pandemic is contributing to delays as well?

So if the supply chain isn't as good I can't see good prices like in the past...... but as I say time will tell and hopefully I'm wrong and things work out once they get going
If the prices get too silly, I'll just pass. I have other lines to consider now anyway. ;)

Don't know what you mean at all :devil::devil::devil:
Admit it, you've loved every minute of it! :nono:

Do you ever find the more you look the more critism of very minor things tend to stand out and take away from the positives? (if that makes since)
That can happen, but once you realise nothing is perfect you can often look passed a lot other people's pedantry.

Yeah both will be very easy buys for me, I have the searches set up and looking reguarly on ebay in hope the usual places start getting stock at reasonable prices anytime now
I've had our friend Rybac bookmarked for months now, lol. I just hope he gets more than one in this time.

Its been a couple of years since my last PF so am looking forward to her that bit more than normal
Totally understandable. I'd be pumped too. She is a lovely piece. :love:

Yep, the contrast like that is appealing for me to display them together but as one of my rules I'll have to enjoy the game too
I hope the new game will add a few new elements to the mix rather than just be a reskin on the previous Spidey game.

No wish list as such, its more a case if they announce something I'll know right away if its a 'right one' for me and it will be bought
I like that kind of thinking. :smashin:

The Millenium Falcon was the one that got me into it as I always wanted something for that ship at that size for under the coffee table, was a little daunting at first when I saw all the bags but it was one of my best purchases as the experience building it made it that bit more special
I know I'd feel the exact same if I were to dabble. That '89 Batmobile is sorely testing my resolve. :p

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom