Collectors Figures, Pictures and Posters

You'd think we would be given we are one of, if not, the biggest gaming market.

Yeah but we always seem to be forgotten :(

Bemused One said:
Wait, what? The PC Engine had Symphony of the Night as well?

Sorry not what I meant was that Symphony of the night was practically a port of the PC-Engine Rondo of Blood game

Bemused One said:
I've never heard of them before. Have you done business with them previously?

Yeah but not for a while now.

Bemused One said:
It was just so well done and a nice alternative to Street Fighter.

Yeah definitely made a nice change & being gory had a extra draw over the cleaner friendlier Street Fighter​

Bemused One said:
Yeah. :( If I were to ever return to Glasgow I wouldn't want to look my old haunts up just to confirm their demise.

A sad sign of the times :(

Bemused One said:
Maybe they'll put them back some time in the future?

Sadly I don't think so now :(
Bemused One said:
I must have missed that announcement.

It's ok you haven't missed much

Bemused One said:
It's always the hard way for you, isn't it? :p

Better to compromise than miss out completely, surely?

You are probably right but yes I do like things the hard way ;) lol

Bemused One said:
Thanks very much for the pics buddy, they are awesome! :smashin: I'd love to try one of those out. They really look the business. :cool:

No problems buddy, happy to get them out for a change
You should try one sometime, well worth the investment

Bemused One said:
Makes sense. Which 2D shooters do you have?

Oh god here we go *Deeeeep breath*
All on the Xbox 360 ok...

Cave Shooting Collection boxset which contains the below games plus Superplay DVDs Soundtracks & art books...
Deathsmiles
Deathsmiles IIX
Mushihimesama
Mushihimesama Futari
Espgaluda II Black Label
Dodonpachi Resurrection ver 1.5
Dodonpachi Resurrection Black Label
Muchi Muchi Pork & Pink Sweets
Akai Katana
Guwange (Xbox Live Arcade)

Individual games...

Caladrius
Dodonpachi Saidaioujou
Ketsui
Otomedius Gorgeous
Otomedius Excellence
Shikigami No Shiro 3
Bullet Soul Infinite Burst

So yeah a few ;)

Bemused One said:
I had assumed you were fully up to date on the Gears games. Get stuck in lad!

Ha ha no sady not :(

Bemused One said:
You are probably right, but surely even the great Bermejo should know there are just some things you don't need to see! :eek::laugh:

You'd like to think so but clearly not lol​

Bemused One said:
Lol! Will do. :D

Make sure you do

Bemused One said:
It seems you like your ladies a lot like your collectibles, many and varied. ;):D

Ha ha I certainly do ;)

Bemused One said:
Aww man, that must have been like a kick to the gut. :(

Yeah certainly wasn't easy :(

Bemused One said:
Have you seen any of them? Are they any good? Do any of them improve on the originals?

Yeah I have a few of the sets of the originals but I think I got you confused & none of these have new updates just box sets that we never had released here.

Anyway here are my sets that I had to hand
Noticeable omissions but also in the collection are M.A.S.K, the original Transformers episodes & Visionaries​

20190630_160624_zpsndl0zq0k.JPG
20190701_185343_zpsfoqqr7nx.JPG
20190701_185415_zpsetapkfdt.JPG

Also found my 3x3 Eyes Anime set as well :)

Still one of my fave Anime ever

bemused One said:
It's my default setting. ;)

Same here to be honest ;)

bemused One said:
If you don't need one, there isn't much point, is there?

I guess not but you know me ;)

bemused One said:
The cartoon was remade recently and I actually caught a few episodes from season one. Not too bad, but I still prefer the original. ;)

Was that the one with Will Friedle doing the voice of Lion-O?
I thought that was great, sadly canned too soon & not because of poor ratings either it was because the toys didn't sell well enough (same with the He-Man reboot we spoke about as well)
They were both great shows but because kids weren't buying the toys they got binned :(

bemused One said:
A fine list, sir. :cool: I have no objections to any of those. ;)

I am a man of taste ;)
bemused One said:
It's for the best, believe me. It's major. Wish I could erase it from my memory somehow. :(

Well hopefully I'll be able to avoid them now I know they exist

bemused One said:
I'm sure Prime 1 would welcome you buying their entire back catalogue. :laugh:

Ha ha I'm sure they would ;)

Neil

I’d be interested to know if there are any other noticeable differences between the two when you get a chance for a full inspection. :)

Makes sense if he’s more accurate. ;)

Just got it all set up, some very minor differences.

If I’d never seen the latest revision next to the original, I wouldn’t have said most of them were needed, but they definitely make it more accurate.
9DA2FC4B-F09E-4AC1-9148-AAA725822146.jpeg

Difference 1.
Most obvious in the photos I’d seen online, but much more subtle in hand. The shoulder pads, as expected, are slightly more golden.
48094CBC-8BA2-4488-BEE6-86ACE3EF01FF.jpeg

Difference 2.
Hadn’t noticed this before purchase, the "collar" has finer ribbing which is much closer to being the correct scale (still fabric though)
89EE28FC-EA22-4F7A-AF9F-63DF9E998E29.jpeg

Difference 3.
The revised collar, it now sits better allowing the neck cuff/collar of the leather jacket underneath to sit correctly (the shape of this also looks like it may have been revised, though that could just be manufacturing variation)

And difference 4.
The paint application on the new head sculpt is more subtle, the chin has less of a heavy beard and is less shiny, and (not pictured) the blood on the left hand side of the neck is far more defined
9EF5469D-1707-4FA0-AD8C-B3C790D23C2A.jpeg
C5E582CF-F56F-469A-99B2-70ED662C98FA.jpeg

Still has those awful bendy hands though!

Last edited:
I don’t think I could have asked for a better comparative post @Inked. :smashin: I really appreciate you taking the time to do all of the above. :) Both the information and pics you have provided are fantastic. :thumbsup: It’s great seeing both figures side by side and seeing their differences close up. Top drawer stuff mate. :smashin:

Think I need them

Attachments

• A8BE594E-1ABE-4DB3-ACAF-5D028EC643AA.png
    A8BE594E-1ABE-4DB3-ACAF-5D028EC643AA.png
    5.4 MB · Views: 42
  • 6B965DB1-4667-43CC-890C-51AE860B71B7.png
    6B965DB1-4667-43CC-890C-51AE860B71B7.png
    4.9 MB · Views: 38
  • 10199D10-1D1C-48CF-B6F3-0C547275CAF5.png
    10199D10-1D1C-48CF-B6F3-0C547275CAF5.png
    5.2 MB · Views: 38
Think I need them
Its very nice but not sure on the Cover Girl Catwoman but I'll be getting the Designer series Harley as well as the 3 RWB ones they have shown at sdcc
rwb.jpg

The Harleys along with this one that I'm sure @Soundwave will have no interest in :rolleyes: will almost certainly be added to my collection
bombshells.jpg

Last edited:
Watched it last night and enjoyed it so looking likely for adding the Hot Toys one to the collection but will wait until its released before committing​

Glad to hear you enjoyed it, still no idea when I'll get round to watching it.
YAY for getting you on the bandwagon for it ;)
Did you see at SDCC they have teased Vers & Yon Rogg?

2fb266f2baba8f57b9889a3b08ccb5ef.jpg
0ec779e0120779d831485ac14b78ea7c.jpg

Want them too :)

Gam said:
Oh yeah, very large but for most of them it will be down to whether or not one comes up in-stock and available at the right time at the right price from the right shop/seller......... if not then theres plenty of others to take my interest

Same here, always something to take up the space if you can't get what you want at the right price.
The joy of the hobby is there is always something out there ;)

Gam said:
See there's an unboxing video appeared for it. Just hope if/when your waitlist converts you haven't been tempted elsewhere and end up having to cancel it

Yeah I saw it the other day, looks great but concerned about the arrow, looks quite precarious in position & I'm worried it might fall easily.
Also the boxing glove looks a little OTT & not as good as I thought, still you can mount it nicely in the holder so I doubt I'll ever use it.

Pushed back to end of August by the sounds of things so still time...however I have been looking A LOT lately at the Court of the Dead pieces & my mist wanted piece - Kier is currently free shipping to the UK :eek::eek:

Gam said:
And I'm sure you wont be jumping on the one after that ;)

Seen her...Nearly exploded when I did ;)
She looks freaking AMAZING

Gam said:
Fingers crossed for a bowen thor ;)

Ha ha me too...lightning can't strike twice though...can it?? ;)

Gam said:
As above, just hope you keep some pennies to the side for a while longer for Green Arrow

It's getting harder by the moment.
So much is appearing that is teasing me lol

Gam said:
Its crazy that logic makes since but I couldn't bring myself to pay that for them

It is crazy isn't but agree you either are happy with a high price or think what else you can get for almost the same money (Batman B&W statues for example)
That said have you seen some of the SDCC teases for them?
Batman '89 looks great

Gam said:
Looking at them in general on ebay it seems more down to luck and timing what people are trying to sell them for. I got that one for £60 as I liked it, bonus that it was one of the very early ones so even more happy with it now

Wow that was a nice price.
Don't think it falls under the B&W banner this time but have you seen the Todd McFarlane Batman teased at SDCC??

McFarlane-DC-Collectibles-Batman-Statue-001.jpg
McFarlane-DC-Collectibles-Batman-Statue-002.jpg
McFarlane-DC-Collectibles-Batman-Statue-003.jpg

Gam said:
If they end unsold and are relisted slightly cheaper or the prices are reduced a little they will be very hard to pass up but as you say plenty of others to keep an eye out for good priced ones that I like

Best way to go, hope for the reductions ;)

Gam said:
btw, to mark the just announced 100th one theres a few pics knocking around from sdcc of them all on display together, seen them on my phone earlier but can't find them again

Oh wow, will try to find that, reckon it looks amazing to see them all together

Gam said:
Going by most of dc's offerings I'd be reasonably confident of that one being available for closer to £100 around release time from a few sellers

Will be keeping an eye on them too

Good stuff, keep me posted if you find them cheap, would like them too​

Gam said:
Most of the ones I've seen so far have been fairly good but not a must for me but yeah never say never. If I was into Green Lantern I would have succumbed to that one as it does look great

The Green Lantern is great but I admit it's the Batman, Robin & Batgirl that have grabbed my interest more.

Gam said:
I will be watching out for any more they release as I'm sure something will tick all my boxes for a pre-order at some stage

Rumour has it they have picked up the Thundercats license which may see some good pieces

Gam said:
Even though its nice enough its still as like yourself I prefer the Halloween one, which as I already have it is stopping me clicking on the original one..... what might still happen is me getting the Batgirl/Supergirl one if when its released I come accross one for bargain price

Genuinely still think Halloween version was a masterstroke
Re-worked enough to class as an entirely new piece & not just a recolour, works so well

I have seen the Bat/Super one for under £200 but not sure that's too much of a bargain just yet

So anything else from SDCC this year caught your eye?

I've been excited by the Court of the Dead line.
They are starting a line of 1/6 scale figures starting with Kier which I am all over.
Around £170 isn't a bad price either.

kier-first-sword-of-death_court-of-the-dead_gallery_5d28b250ea1d8.jpg
kier-first-sword-of-death_court-of-the-dead_gallery_5d28b250a5ff8.jpg

Neil

:thumbsup:

I did glimpse them and although they look great too I'll be more than happy with just the more iconic coloured one​

Yeah I think if you aren't too worried on the character then the standard suit will be good.
I like the green suit as it goes back to the original roots of the character so would like that on the shelf as well, Yon Rogg I can live without really

Gam said:
Next weeks movie will be Alita so hoping I dont enjoy it too much as I see there are a few statues and a Hot Toy version of her...... I/credit card should hopefully be safe :suicide:

Ha ha yeah fingers crossed you'll be ok
I liked the Anime back in the day but never really felt the inkling to see the live action version if I'm honest.

Gam said:
I did prefer the ex head for him but tbh I was never 100% sold on the boxing glove...... can understand why big fans of him are though

Yeah it's a little comedic thing from the comics but was a running thing so the inclusion is a fun little homage

Gam said:
Sure once the arrow is set in place properly it should be ok especially if hes displayed in one of those mythical cabinet things :p

Yeah probably right
Oh ha ha :p:p

Gam said:
Your eyes are wondering then :laugh:

Of course they are...they never stop ;)
Sadly checked last night & Batwoman is now sold out on Sideshow, so if I want her it's UK only & no chance for using the RP I have to help bring her cost down :(

Gam said:
Looks like a great statue but not a line that has ever caught my interest

I've been close to the line since it's inception but never pulled the trigger (despite having pre-orders in for the original Queen of the Dead & Kier) so I've always been keeping close tabs on it, in the hope that one day I'd start properly

Gam said:
Personally thinking I would have thought GA would be appealing more to you due to the history/nostalgic factor?

Yeah DC will always win out but when you are sitting waiting on a will it/won't it piece you do start weighing up other options ;) lol
Plus I definitely think GA is an EX or nothing, I really want that classic EX head for him.

Gam said:
Thought you might like :clap:

Hell yes, been the one on my want list since the beginning

Gam said:
Well he is the god of thunder isn't he?

Ha ha very true...we'll see :)

Gam said:
I did browse over pics of a few as I remember seeing the John Wick one again, can't remember the Batman one though

This is the Batman '89 one...

SDCC-2019-Mezco-One12-054.jpg
SDCC-2019-Mezco-One12-055.jpg
SDCC-2019-Mezco-One12-056.jpg

Also Jim Gordon & Batsignal too...

SDCC-2019-Mezco-One12-050.jpg

Gam said:
Did see one with him and the Batmobile somewhere though, think it was an Iron Studios one

Yeah that was the Iron Studio 1/10 scale statue
Apparently if it sells well enough then the Batwing will be incoming too :)

Gam said:
Thats the 100th B&W one unless I'm mistaken, there's apparently a lifesize version of it on display too to mark the landmark number in the line

Reckon I'm down for that bad boy, looks so good

Gam said:
It wasn't the best of pics but it gave a good indication of the size of the line, still keeping an eye out for where I saw them

I keep looking too but can't seem to find it :(

Gam said:

Thanks man :)

Gam said:
Batgirl seems to be popular in the statue market at the minute, doesn't she?

She does a bit, she appears to have been neglected over the years...nowhere near as much as Robin though
STILL need Sideshow to do a Robin PF

Gam said:
Its the Dark Knight Batman from them that I've been drawn towards at the minute but the other one looks like it would go better with Robin and Batgirl

Yeah the DKR Batman is amazing, love the dirty exclusive as well
The other Batman is meant to go with the other 2 as they will form a display, all 3 have interconnecting bases from what I remember
I would love all 3
Green Lantern still looking tempting.​

Gam said:
Just what you need, some more to go on your must have list ;)

Ha ha yeah
Although have you seen the PCS Transformers stuff??
I'm VERY swayed at the moment...so much I want!!

Gam said:
It does indeed and the only one of the 'Holiday' variants that were done that I would have been interested in at all, bonus that I prefer it over the original

Yeah the others were weak by comparison
Although I still feel that a Zatanna Halloween variant could be good...full on witchyness
Or my other personal favourite idea would have been Stargirl
Could have her set as she is on her staff but in Witches outfit or turn the staff into a broom as well?? (Think of the opening to style to the TV show Bewitched)

71528-1.jpg

Gam said:
Well thats a better price than most places but would still need to be a bit lower before I'm tempted

Yeah hopefully will go down a bit more at release
Would like it myself

Gam said:
From what I've seen the only other thing I could be interested in is the Iron Studios into the spiderverse ones. I've been keen to get a few from them and that series is one I'm interested in and will be fairly small compared to the other series'

Agree they look good
Did you see Hot Toys have picked up the 1/6 scale license as well?
Looks like Spiderman is taking the place of Iron Man as their new cash cow...Movies, Spiderverse, PS4 game
Looking endless now

Gam said:
Was looking forward to seeing the Blitzway/Prime 1 GOT Daenerys but was left a bit dissapointed as it isn't appealing as much to me as I thought it would have

So in short for me it will definitely be -
The Bombshells (obviously)
RWB Harleys
Designer Series Harley

Very likely that McFarlane B&W Batman

and price depending very probably the 4 Iron Studios Into The Spiderverse statues

What about yourself?

Not a bad little list

For me, well it's been a bit of a week year if I'm honest, nothing spectacular from SS in the form of PF's that made me sit up & take notice.

Hot Toys have done their usual & shown a few pieces but not much, although the potential from them getting the CW license for the TV version of the Flash was an interesting one, if we see them branch into Arrow then I could be down for the 2 main characters

Quite intrigued buy the incoming new Mattel Master of the Universe line with articulation...if they ever make it to UK retail I expect I'll be done for the collection

Other than that just the same as you mentioned really, quite quiet this year all round really

Gam said:
Nice :cool:

Would that tickle your itch for the line instead of the PF or would you be likely with both?

It may well do that.
The Phicen Seamless body looks great & they seem to have really captured the character
I would never say no to the statues though...if I could afford them I would have them ;)
Hope we get more announcements soon & sub £200 price tags are more than welcome IMO

Neil

Still looking :boring:

Shocked there hasn't been a pic of them all yet
You've probably seen this by now, but just in case you haven't, here you go:-

SDCC-2019-DCC-Statues-060.jpg

I think it's pretty decent. Nice to see Penguin get a look in this time.

I know what you mean, I'd be the same myself these days but if global shipping is available you pay the fees upfront along with the item which takes that variable out of the equation.
Do they do that often?

Still have the worry of long distance if there are any issues though :(
Hope for the best, but expect the worst. That way you can manage any disappointment, but be elated if all is good. ;)

I thoght it was always August - DC DESIGNER SERIES: NIGHTWING BY JIM LEE STATUE

FP which usually update to reasonably accurate dates have him for the 5th August
Sweet! The sooner the better! :D

By the way he looks as good as the rest of the line.......

Thanks for that. :smashin: He looks just as good as in the pictures. Looking forward to this one. :)

and so it begins :devil::devil::devil:
No need to tempt me, he was always going to be a definite. ;) At what price will I get him for is the real question. :p

Seems good for new releases, I was dubious at first as he was listing them a bit earlier and cheaper than most places but no issues with the 4 or 5 items I've bought from them and will likely use again
That's good to know. Helps put my mind at ease. :)

I'll be interested to see if he gets Nightwing in.

you mean listS lol
Yes, quite right. My mistake. :D

Most of it I'm unlikely ever to buy but theres still plenty that I might if the price hits a point that appeals
Anything you'd like to share with the group? :p

Then you'd need the Joker and Harley to go with him :cool:
Not at all. I could easily one shot him in this case. ;)

See there is another version of him coming out early next year
Yeah? Got a link or pic for him?

Yeah I wonder who she is :confused:
I may need to do more research. :p

Here's two links which work without signing up. The ex head is doing nothing for me :thumbsdow
Link 1
Link 2
Thanks for those mate. :love::love::love: Is it me or is the placement of the right eye on the statue in the first link in a slightly different position to the one on the statue in the second link?

Agreed about the ex head, that's an easy pass for me.

But the question is it one that is worth taking?
Heart says yes, head says no. :p

Me too, I'd even be happy with the teases just before the pre-orders open which can be a long time before release but I guess the companys cant win as there are many wanting teases of things earlier and earlier in the process these days
Sometimes pandering to the fans whims isn't always the best idea.

I though it was because it didn't get licensor final approval? But who knows, maybe they will shock us and release it out of the blue
The Aliens Ripley had a better likeness than the Alien one they actually released IMO, so I can't see how it wouldn't get the nod from Ms. Weaver. Mind you, what do I know? :p

I've given up on the idea of them ever releasing Aliens Ripley now. :(

None really individually as I'm happy with the three to be honest but would consider any more if they were for doing a few more
The other 3 members of the Justice League will hopefully follow, then you'll have a complete set. :)

In fear it would make me really want the bigger version
Nothing wrong with that. He's a boss, I can vouch for that. :D

The bigger one seems harder to come by now and you'd have to pay a lot more for one now it would seem. :eek:

Yeah I'd definetly need least one more to pair him with and the Joker would be the obvious choice
A Joker would inevitably lead to Harley of course. ;) I've noted you are down for the new Designer Series one that was shown at SDCC, which may inspire you to get the others even if right now you don't think it will. :devil:

I do have the B&W line now to scrarch my Batman itch so very unlikely I would go for these mini ones
Speaking of the B&W line, the upcoming Todd McFarlane release, or Batspawn as I like to call him :D, is epic. I tell you what, if they keep producing pieces like that and Batman on the throne, I may well jump back in to the line. Too much awesome to miss out on!

By the way, thanks for posting the link to the pics with the entire B&W line pictured together. They are phenomenal! :thumbsup:

Oh yes, its a lot sweeter feeling than overpaying thats for sure :clap:
Definitely. It's a feeling that can be quite addictive if you are not careful. ;)

Speaking of sweet deals, I managed to bag one recently. :D I'll post pics when I get a chance. :)

hehe.....and I've done it again :clap:
I'm sure we'll find something to tease you with at some point. ;)

Really need to get my finger/camera out and take some pics :blush:
No pressure. Only whenever is convenient. :)

Yeah I prefered the standard ones too, the full coloured ones even the Harley one are just less appealing to me in that line
There's currently a brand new Arkham Catwoman up for sale on the bay. Only a mere £350. :rolleyes::laugh:

He is good in hand like the rest of them but I know where you are coming from, he was one I originally passed on and then picked up a little later when I decided to go completist on the line
Did you get him for a good price?

It was £25 for a reason, the repairs looked a lot less than seamless
Ah right. I would have definitely passed then.

Have still read a few bits by accident when reading about other things that I would have prefered not to but I should still enjoy the movies when I get to see them
I've inadvertently came across so many spoilers for Endgame I don't think I need to see it any more. :(

Captain Marvel is in the post so should be here next week for my regular Wednesday night movie night :thumbsup:
I'm pleased to read you enjoyed it. :) Is it a more generic entry, as some have said, compared to the others?

Ha ha yeah & there are so many we never did :(
At least we got to import at least a few gems. :)

Ah that clears that up then, thanks I got it totally wrong lol
That's okay, I knew what you meant. ;)

Speaking of Vania, have you seen Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night? Looks ace! :smashin:

Yeah think they possibly have, but they are still fun ;)
Fun, but brutal, lol.

Some of the best :)
A golden age. ;)

Same, their output up to & including the PS2 Era were easily some of the greatest games ever produced
Their 8-Bit & 16-Bit stuff is the thing of legends, not even Capcom were as good as they were back then
Spot on. Almost every title they released for a time was an absolute banger!

Capcom were probably my second favourite publisher after Konami back then.
I have absolutely no idea, it looks terrible
It will bomb hard, tarnishing yet another of their once beloved franchises.

:D

Anything made by Hori would be my recommendation
Madcatz Closed up shop a couple of years back now so they aren't producing anymore.
Hori are the only ones now sadly :(
Were the Madcatz ones as good as the Hori offerings?

I have the Metal Slug Anthology for the Wii but nothing on the bigger consoles
My 2D fighter list is actually pretty weak if I'm honest...

Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition
BlazBlue: Chrono phantasma
Arcana Heart 3
Marvel Vs Capcom
Virtua Fighter 5
Mortal Kombat vs DC
Injustice

Those are off the top of my head, might be one or 2 more but that's about it
That's a decent little haul. Far better than mine. I've stuck exclusively to Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat over the years, although I don't have any of the more recent titles. :blush:

Good stories always tend to stay with you.

Not started :( lol
Lol! :laugh:

Okay, what about now?

Yeah have a lot.
Can't remember all but off the top of my head...

Akira (about 3 times)
Full Metal Alchemist
Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood
Urotsukidoji (1-4)
Witch Hunter Robin
Serial Experiments: Lain
Zoids
Dragonball Super
Dragonball Z: Kai
Dragonball Z movies
Bleach (seasons 1-16 & the 4 movies)
Jo Jos Bizarre Adventure
Gundam Wing (plus the movie - Endless Waltz)
Heat Guy J
Kill La Kill
Gunslinger Girl
Elfen Leid
Death Note
Strike Witches
New Fist of the North Star

Some more as well but can't remember them now lol
Nice! :cool: Are the majority of those imports?

I assume they never finished Fist of the North Star.....again?​

Thanks man...I need it...Gargoyles seems to have hit stupid prices now :(
Hopefully if you bide your time, you'll catch a bargain some day. :)

Oh we do, they get a good rest when me & Chloe play etc.
That's good to read. :smashin:

Yeah they were, such a shame we never got to see their natural conclusions though
Stupid, money grabbing execs! :mad:

Ha ha, I had toys too, but my brother was the much bigger fan so it was more his thing & I just had toys to play with him
Have you seen the Mezco mega scale Thundercat figures? I think they are pretty decent. Too big though! :eek: Now if they were 1/6 scale. :love:

Also, if I had the funds and the room, I would have been all over this pair:-

3fc7ec337cf6e8f78ba9fc2c6788d2db.jpg

Definitely, at least stick with something, it has to be worth it surely.
Will they ever learn? :rolleyes:

As above if you don't give it time to build & begin getting a fan base you'll never reap the rewards.
I think we should give these exec's that make bad decisions a seminar, what do you think? ;)

Yeap & we clearly both have it ;)
:thumbsup:

Sadly it seems so :(
I've been exposed to even more since we last spoke. :thumbsdow

Ha ha been a real lucky bugger here.
Still Captain Marvel should be here today so I'll get that watched when I can & then it's just the wait until September for Endgame :)
So what is your verdict? Does it tally with @gam's?

Used to import quite a bit back in the day.
Me too. It was rare I actually bought UK releases. :p

We actually had a video game stall on my local market (Pitsea) that used to do import Megadrive & Super NES titles so the majority of my purchases back then were imports :)
I had the Solid Gold Exchange Club in Hamilton and CA Games in Partick. Sadly, both are long gone now. :(

Solid Gold was ace, they had a selection of consoles set up and let you try games before you bought them. It was there I first came across the now legendary Neo Geo. That console just blew my mind by how good games looked on it, especially 2D fighters. It had arcade sticks for controllers too. :smashin: The price of the console and the 3 figure sum games alone meant it was way out of my league though.

Glad you did ;)
I have heard of that but not played it yet...maybe one day
I'm planning to buy it soon, as I'm right in the mood for another SOTN type game at the moment.
That was the best kind of fun ;)
We didn't wince back in the day though, did we? Maybe I'm showing my age now. :p

Absolutely & I'm glad I got to experience it from the beginning
Same. Here's hoping there will be a resurgence some day. :)

Same here
Capcom were great but their output was just a little behind Konami
How things change, eh?
Totally, kill it off entirely I expect
I hope not. :eek: If they were to return to the 2D run and gun basics, imaginative level and boss design, they could turn things right around. Do they have the talent now though, that's the real question?

Some people preferred them because in the Tournament edition sticks they used all Sanwa parts (Sticks & Buttons)
Whereas Hori only used Sanwa sticks & their own buttons which people didn't like as much as actual Sanwa items
Both could be easily upgraded though in case you preferred the feel of the Seimitsu sticks & buttons (Some people feel that Sanwa are good for fighting but lighter Seimitsu stuff better for fast twitch bullet hell shoot em ups like what I play)
Great info, thanks buddy. :smashin:

Thanks, still not half the titles I'd like to have though.
Back in the Snes days, I recall owning a Fist of the North Star 2D beat 'em up for a time. You could unleash Kenshiro's fists of fury when you built up the requisite meter to full. That was good fun. :D

They do indeed
One of my all time favourite stories is from the original Metal Gear Solid. :)

Erm...what do you think ;)
Lol! :laugh: Come on man, Marcus and the team need you! :D

Yes mostly
Still plenty of UK in there
I wish more would make it's way on to bluray.

Actually would you believe there has been a box set for the complete series.
Pricey now mind you but you can get a US version for better money
Woo...interesting. :cool: Did it conclude Kenshiro's story though?​

I seriously hope so...need to watch it all again
Is it not on your special website? ;)

Chloe is very much into Sylvanian Families so we regularly have all the houses & stuff out
Along with her Lego obsession, there is plenty of actual play time away from screens etc.
I think it's great you are feeding her imagination and creativity in these ways. :smashin:

She really sounds like a chip of the 'ole block. ;)

They ruin so much don't they???
They ruin everything if it doesn't make a fast buck. :thumbsdow I find it quite sad actually. :(

Yeah think they are 18" aren't they?
14" I believe. They look great. The only real con, bar the size, is the limited articulation. The character detailing is spot on though. Props to Mezco for sticking with the line and producing these ones thus far:-

Mezco-Thundercats-Tygra-033.jpg

They look impressive but as you say I'd prefer someone like Mondo to take a stab at them in 1/6 scale like they have with He-Man & Batman: TAS
1/6 scale statues would be ideal. :)

I like them too.
Would love the Lion-O
I would have to have them both. It would be like having Batman without Joker. :eek:

Have you seen the Cheetarah they are doing next?
She looks pretty good too
Oh yes, I've seen her. :love: I'm a fan of that one too. ;)

Oh no really??
Yeah. :( The film just won't have the same impact on me as it should. :thumbsdow

I do know a bit of what happens in Endgame now but not enough that it will spoil my viewing...when it finally arrives
I sincerely hope it stays that way for you.

I've not had chance to see it yet :(

Maybe on Monday when Chloe has a sleep over at her grandparents
I want to be able to crank the volume & not bother her while she's asleep ;)
Sounds like the perfect opportunity for you. I'll be interested to hear your thoughts. :)

You may remember I mentioned a few posts back now that I'd put down a deposit on a new Pre-Order??
Well it turned up today & it's a little bit special...well at least it is to me

It's an Exclusive from this years SDCC & it is made to celebrate the 35th anniversary of 2 franchises both close to my heart so I present to you the SDCC exclusive Transformers Masterpiece Optimus Prime MP10G Ghostbusters edition
20190808_175744.jpg

20190808_175845.jpg

The packaging is even made to resemble a Proton Pack & is actually wearable :)
20190808_175900.jpg

Super happy with him

Neil

Well, here she is, my fourth addition to my Designer Series collection. :) Ladies and gents, I give you the Cameron Stewart/Babs Tarr Batgirl.

BG01.jpg

BG02.jpg

BG03.jpg

BG04.jpg

Closeup.
BG05.jpg

Closeup of the symbol on the base.
BG06.jpg

I love the more vivid colours on her suit. She makes a nice contrast to Batman. I'm really chuffed with her. :)

Last edited:
Been a bit slow with the pics but here's my last couple of months additions....

Got the Wonder Woman Cover Girls statue in June, another nice one to go with my others from the line..... when I get somewhere to display them all together
CCWW1.jpg
CCWW2.jpg
CCWW3.jpg

Next up my first dip into the Designer Series line with Supergirl
DSSG1.jpg
DSSG2.jpg
DSSG3.jpg

And finally the last arrival a few weeks ago, another from the Designer Series line
DSWW1.jpg
DSWW2.jpg
DSWW3.jpg

.......and my view from the sofa now. Originally had planned for a couple of the cover girls statues to go either side here but they were a bit small which is my 'reasoning' for getting the two Designer Series ones which work much better in these positions
TV0819.jpg

8C4B13A6-52E4-44C5-8490-B677FD03E17F.jpeg
Picked up the transformers ecto 1 from forbidden planet today for £42.99

About £10-£15 more here. Same for you?

Yeah roughly

Bemused One said:
It was best not to tell them we got the better 60Hz versions though. :p

Ha ha yeah

Bemused One said:
I miss them too. :(

I know & days we'll never get back

Bemused One said:
It was the same with Solid Gold. I should know, I was there often enough. :laugh:

Ha ha yeah same with my one, miss old game stores so much

Bemused One said:
Only I never knew anyone who had one at home. :laugh:

Lol me either...just coveted them any time I went to CEX in Tottenham Court Road

Bemused One said:
Thanks buddy, I'd appreciate that. :)

No worries buddy will hit you up anytime I find out anything new.

Bemused One said:
Here's hoping they put some effort in and make something special.

Could you imagine a new cartridge based console that excels in 2D games again

Bemused One said:
Can you see yourself hunched over that little box playing games on that tiny screen though? :p I've heard that the emulation isn't too good when you connect it to a TV via HMDI.

Ha no probably not

Bemused One said:
Koji certainly hasn't lost his touch. ;)

Keeping a close eye on prices at the mo.
Bemused One said:
Sometimes less is more. It certainly was back in the day. You had time to really appreciate a great game as the market wasn't saturated like it is now.

Yep shame real life gets in the way now.

Bemused One said:
I could not recommend both highly enough.

The original remake on the Gamecube was actually my first introduction to Resi and what a belter to start on. I absolutely loved it. Believe it or not the recent Resi 2 remake surpasses it. It really is that good.​

I was lucky enough to experience them all from the beginning & seeing Resi 1 on the PS1 was an amazing experience at the time
Playing through the 'Cube Remake was an eye opener, remembering how the PS1 version looked & played & then seeing how they made it look on 'Cube was an achievement

Bemused One said:
I played the original Resi 2 and 3 via emulation on the PS2. :) Loved them both even if they did look a bit rough. :p

Ha ha they have dated but going back they were groundbreaking

Bemused One said:
Here's hoping they can turn things around.

I want to give them the benefit of the doubt but not sure how they will pick it back up.
Bemused One said:
Yet another title I regret letting go. :facepalm:

I regret selling so many of my titles

Bemused One said:
I'm sure it's still a blast for fans. ;)

Yeah probably full of fan service to make it entertaining

Bemused One said:
I loved the fact it encouraged a different kind of play style. One of the many things that made it unique.

Bemused One said:
Totally and multi-region players don't come cheap! :thumbsdow

Nope sadly they don't...luckily I have a US Blu-Ray player to help me out :)

Bemused One said:
I have a long, long list of the older stuff I would like to see.

I actually found a few of mine in a box the other day...

20190818_194210.jpg

Loved Judge, one of my fave occult Anime ever

Bemused One said:
They did release one of my all time favourites on to bluray in the States not so long ago; Vampire Hunter D. Only they redubbed the original for some unknown reason. Something fans like myself haven't taken kindly to. :thumbsdow

You mean this one by any chance?? ;)

20190819_131226.jpg
20190819_131232.jpg

Had it since release but as with most things...not opened it or watched it, sad to hear about the Dub issue though
I did also find my original US VHS, DVD & DVD of Bloodlust yesterday as well but didn't grab pics & they are still back in storage :(
Will get some next time though

Bemused One said:
I would have loved to have seen Kenshiro's story end on a high.

Hopefully it does & we'll see it one day

Bemused One said:
I could not agree more. I feel the very same.

Well hopefully we will still get physical media for a long time to come

Bemused One said:
She'll have fond memories of that time you share with her when she's older.

Exactly what I'm hoping for, build memories that last her a lifetime

Bemused One said:
Do you ever attempt a crossover with your own toys? :p

Ha ha not sure Giant Batman & Robocop Hot Toys figures will go down well in Sylvanian Village ;)

Bemused One said:
The Fry take my money meme comes to mind. :D

That gets quite the use by me on Twitter ;) lol

Bemused One said:
I'd say so. :smashin:

Was looking at Lion-O again today :blush::blush:

Bemused One said:
She is glorious. :love:

A beauty, really lovely

Bemused One said:
Nigh on impossible. :thumbsdow

Sad it is this way

Bemused One said:
Oh no! :eek: Nothing too bad I hope?

Not that I have paid close attention too...trying to avoid as best I can ;)

Bemused One said:
What we need is one of those MiB neuralizers. :D

Would love one of those, to be able to mind wipe & experience movies first time over would be amazing

Bemused One said:
I'll get to them, in my own time. :p

Ha ha ;)

Bemused One said:

I know...still gutted about it :(

Bemused One said:
Those are awesome! :cool: Thanks for the pics. :)

No problems man, happy to share the knowledge

Bemused One said:
Fair enough. Maybe he'll get an airing when those mythical cabinets are in place? :D

Well in the meantime I bought another box back from storage this weekend...More Masterpiece Transformers ;)

First up 3rd Party Fanstoys Insecticon Shrapnel & Reflector...

20190818_171407.jpg

Then official Takara Tracks, Road Rage (Diaclone repaint of Tracks) & Bluestreak (in original Diaclone colours)
Also 3rd Party Mastermind Creations Mirage

20190818_171510.jpg

Lastly while digging through I found a box at the back of the unit that had been slightly crushed so rescued it to find something has suffered my poor judgement & has now seen serious better days.
My Robots in Disguise Fire Convoy

20190818_154031.jpg
20190818_154039.jpg
20190818_154045.jpg
20190818_154056.jpg

Absolutely devastated by this discovery.
I still vividly remember buying him brand new at a Transformers convention back in 2000 & I had kept him perfect for all these years & then I find him like this, heart breaking.
Everything inside is fine just the box is beyond repair.
Started looking on Ebay for a new version but he's north of £200 for one in a condition I'd want.

Gutted :(

Neil

So I just got my first premium collectable. I was so lucky to be able to get this one as they sold out in November last year I believe. Only 99 made I got 87/99. I managed to get a cancelled order from specfiction and couldn't be happier with it. Its pricey but absolutely stunning and the likeness to Arnold in Terminator 2 just blows me away. Terminator 2 is one of my most loved films and the detail on this was just too much to pass up. I believe its medical grade silicone for the skin, real hair, real leather for the jacket. Definatly the center piece of my terminator collection. It was made by Queen Studios.

Here are some pictures of it.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg
10.jpg

For those who were kids when A New Hope was released, the Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars figures were a must own at the time. I always regret selling all of my 'collection' when I was about 13/14 - for £5.

So these are pure nostalgia without having to pay £hundreds/thousands for the originals.

Update: Darth Vader 'prototype' Target exclusive figure and Escape From the Death Star board game (with Tarkin figure) added.

48810583247_fa5aee4418_b.jpg

48810086873_788653632f_b.jpg

48810440401_d0d4f82a5e_b.jpg

48810583052_acf05284a0_b.jpg

48810086693_b1018b823b_b.jpg

48810086668_1f103c3804_b.jpg

48810583617_e882a39b89_b.jpg

48810583302_381daf8093_b.jpg

48810583077_d0d4f82a5e_b.jpg

48810583197_23d5be5a13_b.jpg

48920482748_189b54e928_b.jpg

48921016006_4b9d7e0906_b.jpg

48921015846_cf6d490dea_b.jpg

48920483088_df474d4654_b.jpg

48921016391_38c39d82d5_b.jpg

Last edited:
I am half tempted with the retro Star Wars, especially as the sticker can be removed but i am just not sure about the weathered look.
I have a good few ROTJ original carded figures and these could complement them - where did you pick them up as a multicard purchase?

From Star Action Figures. However, they're saying the next set of preorders won't arrive until early next year.

The Beta Ray I really want is the museum statue at the top of your pics, I absolutely adore that & it would look amazing with the Thor Museum one as well.

Beta Ray is just about my best Marvel character I think he's amazing

I'm so gutted I missed out on him, prices are silly now :(

No...not yet ;)
A bit lot late but there was a full episode in The Avengers Earth Mightest Heros.

A bit lot late but there was a full episode in The Avengers Earth Mightest Heros.

Ha ha it's cool always happy to see you back :)

Thanks for the link, I have seen that episode, really happy to see Beta Ray in any form :)

I'm not sure if you have seen but I was lucky enough to get hold of a Bowen Beta Ray Bill statue last year & I absolutely love him

20180730_184357_zpsml34gfji.jpg
20180730_184710_zpszz93wuzp.jpg
20180730_184802_zpsizgwdlnl.jpg
20180730_184813_zpsjmrkevpf.jpg

Honestly thought I'd never find one for a good price but stumbled on him at a convention for £200 which was just a little over original retail :)

Now I'm trying to see if there is anyway I can get the XM version ;)

Neil

Ha ha it's cool always happy to see you back :)

Thanks for the link, I have seen that episode, really happy to see Beta Ray in any form :)

I'm not sure if you have seen but I was lucky enough to get hold of a Bowen Beta Ray Bill statue last year & I absolutely love him

View attachment 1202224View attachment 1202225View attachment 1202226View attachment 1202227

Honestly thought I'd never find one for a good price but stumbled on him at a convention for £200 which was just a little over original retail :)

Now I'm trying to see if there is anyway I can get the XM version ;)

Neil
Nice, I think the prices of Bowen statues use to be sub £100 for museum poses then seemed to go up to round £135. And goodness knows how much I paid for the larger statues like Bowen's Thanos or my Thor which I bought the museum pose, then the action pose came out and loved so got that.
BTW seen that episode about 6 times as its my favorite cartoon series.
Thor Action Bowen.jpg

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom