Collectors Figures, Pictures and Posters

:D

It'll be so long until he's paid off/arrives I'll be able to bluff my way through the "I'm positive I told you about him!" conversation with my wife!:rotfl:
Lol! :laugh: I did wonder if your good lady knew. :p

To be honest, my wife is really cool about my hobbies.
It definitely helps! :D

She just has a problem with the boxes which I think is understandable because the volume of space 13 Hot Toys boxes, 2 Threezero, and one massive Enterbay box takes up is ridiculous for a two bed flat!
We can all relate on that one mate. It's the biggest downside of collecting, isn't it? What to do with all the bloomin' boxes. :facepalm:

£400 for a Hot Toys 1/6 Iron Man MKVII Diecast.:eek::facepalm:

When I started collecting £200 was top tier figure!
Sheesh! :eek: As if their pricing wasn't already ridiculous. :rolleyes:

I'd be expecting it hand delivered from Robert Downey Jr. himself for that kind of money!

@gam, @pimms, @Soundwave - Many thanks for sharing your experiences with the FP sites gents, much appreciated. :smashin:
So what are you pre-ordering?

£400 for a Hot Toys 1/6 Iron Man MKVII Diecast.:eek::facepalm:

When I started collecting £200 was top tier figure!
How much :eek::eek::eek:

That's crazy for a 1/6 scale figure no matter how good it may be but at least it makes the Vader you order seem better value for money

Oh wow I didn't realise that, they would look so good together but you're looking at a collection going on for around £6k there!!
I wasn't aware either until I came across that pic, cool looking but very expensive lineup

Damn I'd forgotten those ones too...I'm miles behind lol
Hey...stop giving away my secret, Aquaman is my bestest ever
I've reached 21 now if include the couples and deluxe ones...... and its all credit to your pics your fault that I started the line ;)

yeah definitely feel the same, especially where Zavvi is con concerned
Remember issues I had with Play.Com for my Gentle Giant Star Wars Clone Wars Maquettes when they were silly cheap on there.
Yeah they let me down with a couple of things at the time too, maybe thats whay we are dubious about zavvi?

.COM

Stay AWAY from .CO.UK
They had massive issues with cards being hacked on there & I don't know that it was ever fixed.
My other half was taken for over £600 after she'd shopped on there & neither of us have used it since
Thats the credit card issues I was alluding to. I remember reading a while after that they stopped holding credit card details themselves and use a third party processor now but I agree with you as another who was caught up in it with my cc it would be hard to use them again

In other Neil news...this weekend is London Film & Comic Con
I shall be going Sunday & hoping to hit up a bargain or 3 ;)
Anyone else planning on going?

Neil
So, you pick up anythin' :hiya:

So what are you pre-ordering?
I'm flirting with the idea of pre-ordering the Mondo Animated Batman 1/6 scale figure. :) Of course if I go ahead I'll have to get Freeze too. :p

I agree with you as another who was caught up in it with my cc it would be hard to use them again
I'm sorry to read that. :thumbsdow I assume you got all your money back though?

I'm flirting with the idea of pre-ordering the Mondo Animated Batman 1/6 scale figure. :) Of course if I go ahead I'll have to get Freeze too. :p
Just looked them up, hadn't seen them before :cool:

But yeah you would need both, one would look out of place on their own ;)...... and so it begins :devil:

I'm sorry to read that. :thumbsdow I assume you got all your money back though?
Yeah was a bit sickening at the time but all sorted with very little issue even before I had linked the problem to FPI when the thread here and posts on other forums started appearing. It was a credit card so wasn't inconvenienced much but have always avoided using my debit card online as I wouldn't like to have been in the position Neil's better half would have been in as that could leave you short on actual cash until it was sorted

Lol! :laugh: You never slow down, do you mate? :D

Lol I try not too but it's been a while since something good arrived :(

Bemused One said:
I hope so. The franchise deserves a good movie.

I actually quite enjoyed Predators but definitely feel we need a new entry...just hope it is a good one.

Bemused One said:
Whilst my HT collecting days are passed, I'd definitely jump back in for that. :)

There is always something to drag you back in ;)

Bemused One said:
Ah yes, that one. Like yourself, I wasn't a fan of that figure. I just wasn't feelin' it.

Yeah just generally not a great figure IMO

Bemused One said:
They really should reduce their prices to encourage more collectors to buy. It would be win/win for them.

Yeah would think it would be a better idea, keep prices keen & collectors will keep buying but eventually you will reach a point where it becomes to dear for the average collector & you lose your core audience
Case in point...the new Thor Premium Format has just gone up for pre-order at a frankly stupid $670!!!
It looks stunning but god damn the price :(
UK sellers are doing him for £620!
the weak £ is killing the collector market IMO

Bemused One said:
I even had some of the revamped toys, remember them?

Yes I do & again I wish I'd bothered to buy some :(

Bemused One said:
Yes, I felt a little pang of sorrow myself looking at the pics. How I wish I had more room. :(

Ah the plight of every collector EVERYWHERE ;)

Bemused One said:
Unfortunately not, as I'm not subscribed to Netflix or any streaming service.

Get yourself a free month trial & watch it!!
NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bemused One said:
I love the fact that you can relate to Victor's plight and can sympathise with him. I thought the conclusion they gave him in the Arkham series of games was fantastic.

Yeah he is such a well developed character, one of the best Batman villains ever & so under rated

Bemused One said:
I'd appreciate that, as I have a memory like a sieve. :p I completely forgot about it last year. :facepalm:

Lol I will do :)

Bemused One said:
I'm pleased to read she was able to recoup it. To lose such an amount would be hard to get over.

Yeah so were we, took a long time & was a total pain but we managed it

Gam said:
I wasn't aware either until I came across that pic, cool looking but very expensive lineup

Glorious looking but it's eye wateringly expensive to complete :(

Gam said:
I've reached 21 now if include the couples and deluxe ones...... and its all credit to your pics your fault that I started the line ;)

Ha ha ha
I'm sorry...honest
But you have to admit it's a great line & worth all the time & effort :)

Gam said:
Yeah they let me down with a couple of things at the time too, maybe that's why we are dubious about zavvi?

Definitely
Once bitten twice shy with these sites that try to branch out but things like this aren't their bread & butter core product.

Gam said:
That's the credit card issues I was alluding to. I remember reading a while after that they stopped holding credit card details themselves and use a third party processor now but I agree with you as another who was caught up in it with my cc it would be hard to use them again

Yeah I can't bring myself to look on the site either now, just wiped them from my mind entirely
Shame but when you have been caught it's hard to trust them

Gam said:
So, you pick up anythin' :hiya:

I might have ;)

See next post as I thought it was easier to keep it seperate & to make it easier to see :)

Happy viewing :)

Neil

So as mentioned previously it was London Film & Comic Con at the weekend & I went in the hope of buying something & I actually did :)

First thing I did was pop up to artist alley to see Phil Buckenham & left him to blank comic covers for 2 commissions
I won't get them a few weeks but once I do I'll post them here.

Then it was time for a wander round & I did my usual & bought stuff for my brother :rolleyes::facepalm:
More figures for his ever growing SH Figuarts Dragonball Z Collection

Then some endless wandering looking at many stalls with over priced Hot Toys figures...none of which I wanted or was willing to pay the prices for.
In Demand Toys were there with the the new Three Zero Turtles out of the shadows figures & I was quite tempted by Leo (if they had Raph then I would have definitely had him but he's not out yet) but again £200 seemed excessive so skipped by.

More walking & staring & I still wasn't convinced I'd be leaving with anything aside from my brothers purchases but then something amazing I found exactly what I wanted & something I never expected.

So drum roll please my fine gentlemen because on Sunday I achieved what I thought I never would & got a holy Grail piece.

So I present to you...BOWEN BETA RAY BILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I cannot begin to tell you how pleased I am with him.
This piece has been on my wish list for more years than I can remember & I had pretty much given up hope of ever finding one...at least never for a reasonable price so I was more than amazed to find him yesterday & at a price I couldn't consider passing on.

He is an absolute beauty in hand the design & style are unreal, the detail phenomenal.
There is a small paint splatter on his neck line but even it doesn't detract from him or the excitement I have at finally owning one of my holy grails

So all in all I had the best time at the show.
I could have spent more if I'd tried but after finding Bill I was more than happy so just mooched a bit more & left.

Can't wait for MCM in October now to see if I can get anything else half as good :)

Neil

Yeah would think it would be a better idea, keep prices keen & collectors will keep buying but eventually you will reach a point where it becomes to dear for the average collector & you lose your core audience
Case in point...the new Thor Premium Format has just gone up for pre-order at a frankly stupid $670!!!
I agree with that. Personally since PF's have went above £300 I've become a lot more picky with them. There's actually a couple instock at collectibles direct that I would very likely have purchased without hesitation in the past but with the price of them it makes it easy to pass on buying :(

Miss the days of when the dollar was almost 2 to 1 on the pound

Ha ha ha
I'm sorry...honest
But you have to admit it's a great line & worth all the time & effort :)
Talking of Bombshells I have almost my new section for them to grow into sorted so should have updated pics soon.

As you can probably gather with my updates in the last year or two (and the fact I've 21 and counting of them) it is easily one of my favourite lines, so without the tongue and cheek with my last reply I'd have to sincerely thank you for posting the pics of them which encouraged me to start collecting them in the first place :thumbsup:

Back to the tongue and cheek....... thats around two grand you cost me :rotfl:

Yeah I can't bring myself to look on the site either now, just wiped them from my mind entirely
Shame but when you have been caught it's hard to trust them
What site? ;)

The same thoughts as myself, just looked up the old thread and hard to believe that was 9 years ago :eek:

First thing I did was pop up to artist alley to see Phil Buckenham & left him to blank comic covers for 2 commissions
I won't get them a few weeks but once I do I'll post them here.
Look forward to seeing them :smashin:

More walking & staring & I still wasn't convinced I'd be leaving with anything aside from my brothers purchases but then something amazing I found exactly what I wanted & something I never expected.

So drum roll please my fine gentlemen because on Sunday I achieved what I thought I never would & got a holy Grail piece.

So I present to you...BOWEN BETA RAY BILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I cannot begin to tell you how pleased I am with him.
This piece has been on my wish list for more years than I can remember & I had pretty much given up hope of ever finding one...at least never for a reasonable price so I was more than amazed to find him yesterday & at a price I couldn't consider passing on.

He is an absolute beauty in hand the design & style are unreal, the detail phenomenal.
There is a small paint splatter on his neck line but even it doesn't detract from him or the excitement I have at finally owning one of my holy grails

So all in all I had the best time at the show.
I could have spent more if I'd tried but after finding Bill I was more than happy so just mooched a bit more & left.

Can't wait for MCM in October now to see if I can get anything else half as good :)

Neil
Now that must have made your day, I've seen you mention him in the past so big congrats on the unexpected pick up :clap:

I liked Bowen statues in general too and he looks a particularly excellent one :thumbsup:

Talking about conventions, a mate of mine is planning on taking his young lad to one next year and is talking about one in London in May I think. Is there any bigger or better than others in the UK or would the one he is talking about be as good as any to goto as a one off?

Just looked them up, hadn't seen them before :cool:
I thought I was done with figures, but I really like them. :)

But yeah you would need both, one would look out of place on their own ;)...... and so it begins :devil:
Lol! :laugh: I had a feeling I'd be opening myself up to more goading by answering your question. :D

Yeah was a bit sickening at the time but all sorted with very little issue even before I had linked the problem to FPI when the thread here and posts on other forums started appearing. It was a credit card so wasn't inconvenienced much but have always avoided using my debit card online as I wouldn't like to have been in the position Neil's better half would have been in as that could leave you short on actual cash until it was sorted
I'm pleased to read you were able to get things sorted out too. :smashin:

Good point about using a debit card. Big purchases online always make me nervous, so I tend to default to CC for those for the extra security it brings should the worst ever happen.

Lol I try not too but it's been a while since something good arrived :(
I see that has changed. ;) I was so chuffed for you when I saw your excellent pics of Beta Ray Bill. I know you've been after him for such a long time now. To acquire a grail piece is something very special. I'm sure he'll be getting pride of place when you get round to displaying your collection.

I actually quite enjoyed Predators but definitely feel we need a new entry...just hope it is a good one.
I thought Predators was a decent effort. I just think the big beastie deserves another film on par with the original though, if that is ever possible?

There is always something to drag you back in ;)
Never say never it would seem. :p

Yeah just generally not a great figure IMO
Agreed. Definitely an easy pass.

Well this average collector was lost a while ago. :(

Yeah, they are having a laugh with that. As nice as their PF's are, they are just not worth that much.

I can't see that changing any time soon. :thumbsdow

Yes I do & again I wish I'd bothered to buy some :(
Yes, but you would have tanned the life out of those as well. ;) I know I did. :D

Ah the plight of every collector EVERYWHERE ;)
Ain't that the truth! :laugh:

Get yourself a free month trial & watch it!!
NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My internet is rubbish for streaming mate. If I can't watch it in full HD then I just don't. :p

Yeah he is such a well developed character, one of the best Batman villains ever & so under rated
Could not agree more! :thumbsup:

Lol I will do :)
Thanks buddy. :)

Yeah so were we, took a long time & was a total pain but we managed it
I think you are wise not to do business with them again.

I agree with that. Personally since PF's have went above £300 I've become a lot more picky with them. There's actually a couple instock at collectibles direct that I would very likely have purchased without hesitation in the past but with the price of them it makes it easy to pass on buying :(

Miss the days of when the dollar was almost 2 to 1 on the pound

Yeah to be honest I'm still struggling with my conscience about getting Huntress due to the price...especially considering how much I just paid for Beta Ray.

Gam said:
Talking of Bombshells I have almost my new section for them to grow into sorted so should have updated pics soon.

Oooh look forward to seeing them in their new habitat :)

Gam said:
As you can probably gather with my updates in the last year or two (and the fact I've 21 and counting of them) it is easily one of my favourite lines, so without the tongue and cheek with my last reply I'd have to sincerely thank you for posting the pics of them which encouraged me to start collecting them in the first place :thumbsup:

Honestly buddy you are welcome, I am really chuffed that you love them that much & I had a hand in getting you into them

Gam said:
Back to the tongue and cheek....... thats around two grand you cost me :rotfl:

Lol oops ;)

Gam said:
What site? ;)

The same thoughts as myself, just looked up the old thread and hard to believe that was 9 years ago :eek:

Yeah I have no idea what site you mean.
Christ was it really that long ago?

Gam said:
Look forward to seeing them :smashin:

Me too :)
Should be next week hopefully :)

Gam said:
Now that must have made your day, I've seen you mention him in the past so big congrats on the unexpected pick up :clap:

I liked Bowen statues in general too and he looks a particularly excellent one :thumbsup:

Lol it most certainly did & the price was too good too for a piece that has been out since 2011 & long sold out

Yeah Bowen pieces have always looked great to me & I have always wanted one so it's great that my first (& probably only one now) is the one I really wanted all along

Gam said:
Talking about conventions, a mate of mine is planning on taking his young lad to one next year and is talking about one in London in May I think. Is there any bigger or better than others in the UK or would the one he is talking about be as good as any to goto as a one off?

London in May will be MCM at Excel which is probably the most popular one & as such gets horrifically busy

There is also heroes & villains in May
This is the one that the stars from the CW DC Shows (Arrow / Flash / Supergirl etc.) attend but not much else
Then the London Film & Comic Con in July which has by far the nest line up for movie guests & is generally well attended by the public but also well spaced & never feels too busy.
Nice to move around & I'd recommend it for a first 'Con experience

I see that has changed. ;) I was so chuffed for you when I saw your excellent pics of Beta Ray Bill. I know you've been after him for such a long time now. To acquire a grail piece is something very special. I'm sure he'll be getting pride of place when you get round to displaying your collection.

Thanks man
Yes he will be a centre piece that's or sure

Bemused One said:
I thought Predators was a decent effort. I just think the big beastie deserves another film on par with the original though, if that is ever possible?

I don't think anything will come close to the original
Getting on par with the sequel would be enough for me

Bemused One said:
Agreed. Definitely an easy pass.

Yes a very easy pass ;)

Bemused One said:
Well this average collector was lost a while ago. :(

Sadly I feel they have lost me too now :(

Bemused One said:
Yeah, they are having a laugh with that. As nice as their PF's are, they are just not worth that much.

Nope definitely not, they are actually branching into Prime1 territory now with the prices & Prime1 have an extra quality that SS don't so if there was a choice I would go P1 over SS

Bemused One said:
I can't see that changing any time soon. :thumbsdow

Sadly not

My internet is rubbish for streaming mate. If I can't watch it in full HD then I just don't. :p

Ah man that sucks, hope you can see it one day...so good

Neil

Thanks man
Yes he will be a centre piece that's or sure
Pics when it happens please. :)

I don't think anything will come close to the original
Hard to capture that kind of magic again I know but there are great Predator stories that would make great movies if done right.

Getting on par with the sequel would be enough for me
Not a bad target to aim for. :smashin:

Sadly I feel they have lost me too now :(
Don't be sad mate. You've always got options in this game. ;)

Nope definitely not, they are actually branching into Prime1 territory now with the prices & Prime1 have an extra quality that SS don't so if there was a choice I would go P1 over SS
I think if Prime1 lowered their prices they could really cause SS some trouble. If that were to happen, as you rightly said, the choice would be obvious. Doubt it will though, but it would be interesting if it did. :p The thought of going from an SS Poison Ivy to the Prime1 one. Oh my! :love::D

Ah man that sucks, hope you can see it one day...so good
One day hopefully. Just need some reasonably priced Fibre broadband options round my way.

Hey all,

Quick One but Ebay are running a 10% off everything code today up to 8pm tonight

Maximum discount - £50.00

Just need to use code - PICKANY

Trying to decide what I want now ;)

Neil

I thought I was done with figures, but I really like them. :)
You can never be done completely, only done until the next one ;)

Lol! :laugh: I had a feeling I'd be opening myself up to more goading by answering your question. :D
I can't resist :D

Yeah to be honest I'm still struggling with my conscience about getting Huntress due to the price...especially considering how much I just paid for Beta Ray.
For me now with 1/4 scale they have to be a character I really like and want as well as being a very good execution for me to then consider buying so any niggle or or doubt and it's an easy pass...... I can however be a bit more impulsive with the smaller stuff.

If Huntress is one of your higher favourite characters would that not help your conscience a bit or maybe you are leaning more to the Arrow PF in that regard

Oooh look forward to seeing them in their new habitat :)
Pics should be ready over the weekend :)

.......along with whatever is in this box from funnily enough Forbidden Planet, should be something Super ;)

Honestly buddy you are welcome, I am really chuffed that you love them that much & I had a hand in getting you into them
I'm very chuffed to having them in my collection too, you will see what I mean when you get yours all out on display that they look even better all together than what they do individually :thumbsup:

Yeah I have no idea what site you mean.
Christ was it really that long ago?
Yep 2009, it had me wondering when it was so had to search for the thread to have another browse at it for nostalgia's sake..... it's a pity that theres not many of the posters in it still around and collecting these days
Forbidden Planet.co.uk and CC scams

Lol it most certainly did & the price was too good too for a piece that has been out since 2011 & long sold out
I still have an odd search for Bowen's and I've noticed an odd one on ebay for eyewatering amounts a few times in the past so I would guess even a good price was still quite high compared to the original rrp..... main thing is that you are happy with what you paid and that he has met your expectations of him :thumbsup:

Yeah Bowen pieces have always looked great to me & I have always wanted one so it's great that my first (& probably only one now) is the one I really wanted all along
I'll wait for you and see if you can catch up..... I'll see your 1 and raise upto 22 :eek:

I wouldn't mind an unmasked and unbroken Kitty Pryde to add to mine for a reasonable price but I would be surprised if I was ever as lucky as you were last week and come accross one at the right time

London in May will be MCM at Excel which is probably the most popular one & as such gets horrifically busy

There is also heroes & villains in May
This is the one that the stars from the CW DC Shows (Arrow / Flash / Supergirl etc.) attend but not much else
Then the London Film & Comic Con in July which has by far the nest line up for movie guests & is generally well attended by the public but also well spaced & never feels too busy.
Nice to move around & I'd recommend it for a first 'Con experience
Cheers for that. They did go to one or two that was on in Belfast but he was planning on making it a trip and going to a bigger one as a one off as part of his christmas gift so will pass on the info :smashin:

Evening everyone,
Good to see posts are still being made here, it's been a while since I've had anything to contribute but hopefully that will change soon now that I have a new room!
A year ago I had to pack up my collection as we were having a lot of work done on the house, new roof, new building work and a lot of redecorating.
I haven't stopped picking up the odd figure here and there but am no way a completist anymore in the lines I used to collect (who can be these days, they release a new version of a figure every month now at double the cost) :rotfl:

I've got a larger room to play around in now and have just put in an order at Ikea for some new cabinets, been playing around with layout ideas on the floor.

h5YdctO.jpg

2spVizt.jpg

Time to get this lot back on the shelves as well as all the boxed stuff I've had queuing up!
cPvY9QO.jpg

I haven't been idle while roomless, decided to build and kitbash some of my own 1/6 figures, the company Threezero make some great power armours from the game 'Fallout' but nobody ever released any of the other key characters as figures, so I had a go myself.

Here's a finished 'Piper' and work in progress Nick Valentine as well as the vault survivor himself.
CEjaAdJ.jpg

DnoEHx5.jpg

Kj6Rou7.jpg

Those interested can see the rest of my Fallout creations here 1/6 Fallout Figure Displays

Evening everyone,
Good to see posts are still being made here, it's been a while since I've had anything to contribute but hopefully that will change soon now that I have a new room!
A year ago I had to pack up my collection as we were having a lot of work done on the house, new roof, new building work and a lot of redecorating.
I haven't stopped picking up the odd figure here and there but am no way a completist anymore in the lines I used to collect (who can be these days, they release a new version of a figure every month now at double the cost) :rotfl:

I've got a larger room to play around in now and have just put in an order at Ikea for some new cabinets, been playing around with layout ideas on the floor.

h5YdctO.jpg

2spVizt.jpg

Time to get this lot back on the shelves as well as all the boxed stuff I've had queuing up!
cPvY9QO.jpg

I haven't been idle while roomless, decided to build and kitbash some of my own 1/6 figures, the company Threezero make some great power armours from the game 'Fallout' but nobody ever released any of the other key characters as figures, so I had a go myself.

Here's a finished 'Piper' and work in progress Nick Valentine as well as the vault survivor himself.
CEjaAdJ.jpg

DnoEHx5.jpg

Kj6Rou7.jpg

Those interested can see the rest of my Fallout creations here 1/6 Fallout Figure Displays
Glad to hear you got all the building work finished and look forward to seeing the new cabinets when you get them all filled up :thumbsup:

Is that going to be cabinets down the full length of the walls and a middle row, presumably all glass both sides like detolfs, down the middle..... should look very good once you're done :cool:

Is that going to be cabinets down the full length of the walls and a middle row, presumably all glass both sides like detolfs, down the middle..... should look very good once you're done :cool:

That's exactly right Gam, I'm not going to be drilling into the newly redecorated walls and sticking up shelves everywhere like I used to so I am going the cabinet route this time. I've been eyeing some large glass cabinets with adjustable shelves that will go along that wall next to my detolfs and that side will display all my 1/6 figures, the other wall will be Besta cabinets for my statues, the middle I will leave to last for anything left over, probably my largest statues that won't fit anywhere else will end up on some smaller Besta cubes and I will hopefully be able to walk around them.

I plan not to clutter it up too much like I've done in the past so some pieces won't be making it back into the house and I will have to see them go :( We will see what happens when I start moving in, I'm sure things will change and evolve as I go.

That's exactly right Gam, I'm not going to be drilling into the newly redecorated walls and sticking up shelves everywhere like I used to so I am going the cabinet route this time. I've been eyeing some large glass cabinets with adjustable shelves that will go along that wall next to my detolfs and that side will display all my 1/6 figures, the other wall will be Besta cabinets for my statues, the middle I will leave to last for anything left over, probably my largest statues that won't fit anywhere else will end up on some smaller Besta cubes and I will hopefully be able to walk around them.
That sounds like it would work very well, cabinets definetly shows these things off a lot better than shelves ever will. For a starters you can fit some leds into cabinets for better lighting and hide the wires much easier and then of course doors to minimise dust can be added.

For the middle you can always get plinths like you are thinking with the cubes and then add a custom perspex cover for each one if you wanted to protect them a bit more :cool:

I plan not to clutter it up too much like I've done in the past so some pieces won't be making it back into the house and I will have to see them go :( We will see what happens when I start moving in, I'm sure things will change and evolve as I go.
Nothing wrong with a bit of clutter in the display, or at least I'm trying to convince myself of that :rotfl:

A bit of a clear out of less favoured pieces wont do any harm, especially if it leaves you room for new additions ;)

I know what you mean though, you have the general idea what you are for doing but its always going to change and evolve once you start, I look forward to seeing your progress :thumbsup:

Hey all,

Quick One but Ebay are running a 10% off everything code today up to 8pm tonight

Maximum discount - £50.00

Just need to use code - PICKANY

Trying to decide what I want now ;)
Did anyone take advantage of this offer? Unsurprisingly I completely missed out on it. :facepalm:

Literally as we're leaving the door, luggage in hand to go away for a few days a courier arrives with my HT Leia (Hoth outfit). Now that was lucky timing!!

Few more pics......
Finished the steps for where future Bombshells are for going, this should give an idea how they will look
BombshellsSofa2.JPG

And the contents of what was in that cabinet are now below the TV
tvaug18.JPG

Last weeks new addition is Garage Supergirl and is quite nice so should keep my Garage Wonder Woman company
SupergirlGarage1.JPG
SupergirlGarage3.JPG
SupergirlGarage4.JPG

And not the best of pics but an idea of how Darth Talon and Shaak Ti are now lighting up after I wired them into the switch that switches the ones in another cabinet on.... you can see how much better the newer one lights up
SWlight.JPG

For me now with 1/4 scale they have to be a character I really like and want as well as being a very good execution for me to then consider buying so any niggle or or doubt and it's an easy pass...... I can however be a bit more impulsive with the smaller stuff.

If Huntress is one of your higher favourite characters would that not help your conscience a bit or maybe you are leaning more to the Arrow PF in that regard

Still in 2 minds about everything lol
£ weakening this week hasn't made the decision any easier either :(

Gam said:
Pics should be ready over the weekend :)

.......along with whatever is in this box from funnily enough Forbidden Planet, should be something Super ;)

Saw the new pics all look awesome
Garage Supergirl is a stunner, looks really good.

Oh & supremely jealous of your Shaak Ti & Darth Talon too
Both are Star Wars pieces I'd love to have

Gam said:
I'm very chuffed to having them in my collection too, you will see what I mean when you get yours all out on display that they look even better all together than what they do individually :thumbsup:

Well hopefully I'll get round to them soon.
It's starting to take shape, got my unit for my Blu Rays last week...just need to build it & then get them out so it's one less thing to do

Gam said:
I still have an odd search for Bowen's and I've noticed an odd one on ebay for eyewatering amounts a few times in the past so I would guess even a good price was still quite high compared to the original rrp..... main thing is that you are happy with what you paid and that he has met your expectations of him :thumbsup:

Yeah some are crazy money
I picked up Bill for £200 which to me was a reasonable price & once I was more than happy to stump up to finally tick off a grail piece.

Gam said:
I'll wait for you and see if you can catch up..... I'll see your 1 and raise upto 22 :eek:

Ha ha can't see that ever happening
I think if I could I'd like one or 2 more but honestly I think Bill will be the only one

Gam said:
I wouldn't mind an unmasked and unbroken Kitty Pryde to add to mine for a reasonable price but I would be surprised if I was ever as lucky as you were last week and come across one at the right time

Well based on the other week I would never say never in this game, anything is possible

Gam said:
Cheers for that. They did go to one or two that was on in Belfast but he was planning on making it a trip and going to a bigger one as a one off as part of his christmas gift so will pass on the info :smashin:

No problems man happy to help.

Well on Friday I had the remaining pieces of my LFCC purchases turn up in the form of my 2 Blank Cover commissions from Phil Buckenham, which I am absolutely over the moon with, both of them are all I could have wanted.

Firstly I have MASK issue 1 & after a little discussion we decided on a 4 Mask piece in a Bohemian Rhapsody style layout, then I had the difficult decision of which 4 Masks to go with, this took some hard choosing
2 were easy...we had to have Matt Tracker & Miles Mayhem, they were a given
The other 2 not so much as I love so many.
In the end I settled on Vanessa Warfield & Alex Sectors
I could have picked so many more though & I am now looking for more copies of issue 1 to do more versions :laugh::laugh:

After this I managed to snag a blank variant of Batman issue 50 from A Place in Space at the show & decided that instead of getting one of my other blanks done that I already have lol
For this I knew what I wanted straight away...Huntress ;)

Love them both, definitely want more now

Neil

Sideshow Aspen Premium Format arrived this week. Very nice she is too although I currently prefer the regular hand as the exclusive clear hands position looks awkwared
aspenPF1.JPG
aspenPF2.JPG
aspenPF3.JPG
aspenPF4.JPG
aspenPF5.JPG
aspenPF6.JPG
aspenPF7.JPG
aspenPF8.JPG

And happy to say she fits perfectly into the space I had made beside the TV
aspenTV.JPG

And last but not least a group shot of the rest of the corner
aspens.JPG

It's normally xe.com I would check now and again. I haven't been importing as much in recent years as I used to but just checking Aspen and it was working out at 1.26 so not that great.

But you're right to be cautious as who knows what it will be by this time next year.

Yeah it isn't looking promising these days, Brexit has had such a terrible effect on the importing :(

Gam said:
Good thing is they rarely seem to sell out at sideshow before they ship these days so you have a good chance that you will still be able to get the ex near or around release time and know fairly close to what its going to cost.

Yeah can't see anything that has sold out before release recently...just need to be good with the pennies if I decide to go that route lol

Gam said:
Yeah, crazy and I can only see them getting more expensive :thumbsdow

Definitely & eventually Sideshow will price everyone out of the game :(

Gam said:
That would be my prefered option out of the ones I'm picturing from memory, with the un-armoured museum pose a close 2nd. The Action pose ones are good looking but the lighting effect out of the ground on one and the spinning hammer effect on the other one are minor negative points for me...... it wouldn't be enough to make me say no to either if I came accross them cheap though

Yeah this is the one I would like...

As you said I think the action pose ones just don't cut it like the Museum pose ones do
Like you as well though...I wouldn't turn them down for the right price.

Gam said:
It's a kicker when things like that happen, only consolation is there are plenty of other things to feed the habit ;)

I'm guessing there is a fairly low edition size to him as well which would make him a lot more scarce

Lol yep there was plenty of other goodies ;)
I think he did have a small edition & there are only a few on Ebay for over £300 which means he's not very likely to be on my shelf :(

Gam said:
For Kitty it would seem the price is high for a mint one as it would seem she's easily damaged as most appear to have repairs around Lockheed and also add to the fact I think the unmasked version was more limited than the masked version.... but yeah I'll keep half an eye out as you never know

Shame to hear, but a you said it's one of those hobbies where you never know ;)

Gam said:
:eek::eek::eek:
Hadn't noticed that, I thought they were still around or just under the 1k mark which is also a bit high for me too..... I was really stretching what I was comfortable with for the Witchblade one last year

Yep totally took me by surprise with the price.
To be fair even if I could afford her I think there are a few other Prime 1 pieces I'd buy instead.

Gam said:
I think you may have hit the nail on the head there as the Witchblade pose is sorta similar and it looks ok to me. Although the fact she's on the other side of the tv is making me lean even more to the regular hand for Aspen as they would be posed a bit too similarly to work together for my liking

Yeah it's just something about the translucent aspect that throws the whole thing off, just makes it seem unnatural (Which the pose isn't)
I was thinking the hand down pose looks better with Witchblade on the other side, nice contrast.

Soooo I was trawling round Twitter this evenin as I usually do & stumbled across a Tweet which mentioned DC's new Solicitations for sometime later this year (Can't remember the month & have long since scrolled past the tweet on my Timeline ;) lol) but 2 things caught my eye.

First up something mostly jus for @gam in the form of a new Red White & Black Harley...

But then moving further down the list there was a mention of a new Bombshell which intrigued me...I present Batwoman "Away Uniform" Variant

I suspect I will have to grab Batwoman, love the original version & the away kit is an interesting idea & works well IMO

Neil

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom