Collectors Figures, Pictures and Posters

Shipped earlier than I was expecting, the latest addition to my Bombshells collection is another good one......
GL1.JPG
GL2.JPG
GL3.JPG
GL5.JPG
GL4.JPG

And the view from my sofa as my 3rd shelf for them is filling up nicely.....
BombshellsSofaCab.JPG

He's here Ray, he's looking right at me.

Attachments

• 20180407_120455.jpg
    20180407_120455.jpg
    907.4 KB · Views: 80
  • 20180407_120237.jpg
    20180407_120237.jpg
    796.7 KB · Views: 72
Same reason I didn't get the 1/6 Nathan Drake .Proto looked awesome, production a bit like a potato lol

There’s a new Nathan Drake figure on the way based on the U4 look. Same guys that are behind these 2 figures:

IMG_4936.JPG

IMG_5093.JPG

I forgot to post pics of the latest Red White and Black Harley I got a couple of weeks ago

Overall better than the last one but still a bit disappointed with how the face turned out again when compared to the picture on the box
HQBT1.JPG

HQBT2.JPG
HQBT5.JPG
HQBT3.JPG

Got them together last week to take a few group shots of my Harley Quinn's, Deadpool's and the Millenium Falcon's that are in my collection
HQGroup.JPG
DPGroup.JPG
MFGroup1.JPG

Another red, white and black Harley Quinn arrived this week. I've been a completist in this line so far but I haven't been liking the quality of the last few of them :(
HQJL1.JPG
HQJL2.JPG
HQJL3.JPG

Neegan looks pretty sweet @caz2005
Shame no Rick to go with him though

What about Glenn?

Well I was a little surprised today when I saw that Hot Toys are releasing a Deathstroke figure from Arkham Origins & looking through the pics he looks pretty awesome but it was something else in the pictures that REALLY surprised me...it appears that HT are going to release at least one more Arkham figure & it seems it will be Batgirl & this is going to be awesome, always wanted a Batgirl figure & her Arkham design is awesome so this could be an absolute stunner

Anyway here is the picture in question...

Can't wait for the full reveal now

Neil

:oops:
DSC03349.JPG

Glad to say I found all the pieces and with a bit of patience I got them back together again to an ok state. Not 100% perfect with a couple of very small paint chips at a couple of the breaks but they are a lot better than I was expecting
DSC03353.JPG

Good enough that they are all back on display again

Harleys RWB Shelf.JPG

@Bemused One a few quick pics of my LOTR collection

just noticed Morpheus glasses in the pic, they must have moved while dusting and are now fixed ;)
LOTR1.JPG
LOTR2.JPG
LOTR3.JPG
LOTR4.JPG

Now where is that @gam optimism I admire so much? ;)
well, luck hasn't run out yet so although I will continue to be selective in what I buy at least I can enjoy collecting without worrying too much about space for a couple of years yet :thumbsup:

Woot, woot! :clap:

Has she come through yet?
Yep, pics coming very soon ;)

Very good points. Even when you are trying your best to be careful there is always room for error. I know that only too well. Remember what happened with my Batman PF? I couldn't bare it if Ivy sustained any damage.

Also, you are right about procrastination. It's easily done for one reason or another.
Yeah I can't remember the exact damage but I do remember cringing when you posted about Batman, not nice at all when any damage happens to any of these things but must be a lot worse when its one of you're pride and joys of the collection.... which is why I was sort of grateful it was only the RWB Harleys that I damaged a few weeks ago

That should be my rearranging and moving things around done for a while again as I've moved quite a few around this week so hopefully no more accidents coming my way anytime soon as of course once finished this one which has never found a permanent home and who keeps getting moved around my room manages to get knocked over as I had forgot to put her up onto a shelf anywhere :facepalm:

(since been repaired)
EFdamaged.JPG

You must have quite the memory then given the number of pieces you own. ;)
Terrible memory these days but as they're all on display it's easy enough to work out by just looking around and checking if it is or is not on the list I do have ;)

Difficult but not impossible though. ;) Isn't there a part of you that wants to get it done?
Yeah a big part but not any time soon. If or when I do have to sell some and need to go on a hunt that would be a good time to do a treasure map for them lol

Just have to remember not to do it in the summer as when I was putting a few up a few weeks ago, playing tetris with the boxes to get them to fit in nearly wiped me out with the heat :(

Lol! :laugh: Does she read your posts on here?
Thankfully not but I'm expecting her car to 'need' detailed soon as its been a while since I've done it or posibly some other odd job to come up in lieu of storage costs:rotfl:

I suppose there are only so many small boxes that can fit in the larger ones. Quite the conundrum. :confused:
.....and only so many larger boxes into an attic :rotfl:

It's always good to have a plan ahead of time though. ;)

Just so you know, every now and then eBay have offers where the max final value fees are like £1 or £3. Taking advantage of those would definitely help, especially with larger statues. :)
Yeah I've glimpsed at the offers that come through from ebay, think the current one is for free listings but hadn't notived the max final value fee ones so thank you for that and will keep an eye if or when the time comes especially for any more expensive pieces :thumbsup:

Biggest issue I have is I'm a serial worrier, especially when selling so try to keep them to UK/Ireland delivery only which can minimise the potential sale price.

Then never mind the time it takes me to meticulously pack these things in particular I like to know that things have arrived quickly and safely and just as importantly that the customer is happy which seems to happen less and less these days on ebay :(

Time for a few pics

Latest arrival this week, Wonder Woman Deluxe Bombshells get a thumbsup from me
dww1.JPG
dww2.JPG
dww3.JPG

Next some of my rearranging,

Got all my Buffy collection together in one place with others being relocated from here....
buffy.JPG

Finally sorted out the bottom shelf of the cabinet I had filled up with Bombshells a few years ago. The original plan for Lara Crofts didn't work out so went with a few Star Wars PF's instead.....
DSC03349.JPG

Current view at the top of the stairs with Indy finding a new home.....
topstairs.JPG

And around the TV/projector screen, new home for the four J. Scott Campbell Spider-Man Maquettes to the left and of course plenty of space for more Bombshells which are now located below the TV......
tv1.JPG

tv2.JPG

Ones that were below the TV have been safely relocated along with the Marvel Bowens moving back into the space where them Bombshells vacated

Lastly Shaak Ti and Darth Talon now have there lights wired up to switch on at the same switch as Vader, Obi Wan and Han in carbonite on the opposite side of the sofa from them....... forgot to take pics of them so will save that for next time

Phew, time for a break :D

So she exceeded your expectations then?

Pleased to read you are happy with her. :smashin:
Yes she has indeed, even more so now that I've relocated her colleagues into the other cabinet which she can now fit into too....... so win win all around

Probably the worst day of my collecting life. I learned from it though, so that, hopefully, it never happens again.

I'm sure every collector has a horror story or two to tell.
I don't think its the sorta story any collector would enjoy reading

Probably a better strategy to process what's happened rather than screaming at the top of your lungs like I did. :p
:rotfl:

Do you feel the pressure whenever you use the Gorilla glue? How long do you have to work with it before it sets? Seconds?
Not really, plenty of time to put a dab on a piece, put the lid back on and then put pieces together without any need to rush.

I did find using less was better. When I put a mid size blob on it didn't get sticky or set that well when the pieces were held together. On the otherhand a very light spot then put the two bits together and held for 30-60 seconds (says 10 on the packet) and it stuck quite well, then I just left it for a while to make sure it set well.

I can understand how daunting it must seem to you now. I'm curious though, what made you give up on the idea early on?
Never made my mind up exactly how to go about and then just never got around to starting

I agree, you have to keep on your toes. I always triple check any listings before I put them up.

Never feel bad for being thorough my good man. ;)

I always find packing a bit of a faff. :p

I can understand that. There is always that risk I suppose as our statues are hardly made of the most sturdy of materials.
Yeah, I'd at least triple check listings too but overall it can make me think twice if it's worth selling things especially if I don't need too

I love 'em, mate. :love:
:smashin:

:clap:

Only to be expected I guess as things improve.
I agree, the newer ones really are a great improvement

Engineer - How did you blow the power, sir?
@gam - It was an overabundance of lightsabers. :D
:rotfl:

I was a fan too. Seasons 1-3 were ace. Seasons 4-6 were a bit of a slog. Picked up at the end for Season 7.

I had no idea Sideshow released figures from the show. Your collection must have been something to see. :love:

They all look great together. :smashin:
I had a browse on my server (amazing how my collection has changed over the years) and found a couple of pics from early 2009 of most of them..... there was some more 12" figures in another cabinet that I remember but don't have a pic of them
P1010002.JPG
cab0.JPG

Ah well. There goes any hopes I had of owning any. :(
Have seen the odd PF on ebay but never at a good price :thumbsdow

Would love to see the alternate Angel and Spike heads at some point when you get a chance. :)
No problem, I have it on my to do list....... I've actually the heads behind the statues to change them over every now. Currently the Maquettes are both vampire and the PF's both human :cool:

There simply aren't enough superlatives to adequately describe how I feel about your collection @gam. :D
:blush:

Well, if it wasn't working for you, you've got to change it up until you are happy. ;)
I'm never happy so I'm in for a lot of work :rotfl:

Looking forward to them already. :thumbsup:
:smashin:

HA HA I'm trying :p:p
Do or do not, there is no try ;)

Soooo SDCC kicked off today & the previews have already got me excited.

Tons of new HT stuff including that teased Batgirl, which looks good & will most likely get
They have also shown an Agent Smith to go with Neo & a John Wick figure which is mighty tempting

Nothing really grabbed me on the statue front yet but haven't looked too hard...new Thor looks freaking amaze though

Also the Sideshow Joker 6th Scale looks too good & will go on the wish list.

Aside from that Mondo have hit me hard with their showing of 1/6th scale Masters of the Universe figures!
Prices are reasonable (if you live in the states) at $160 each
Definitely in for a He-Man & Skeletor
Also their Batman Animated line looks to be a great one

Super 7 continue to make me wish I had started collecting the MOTU classics line as they have reveled an in scale Snake Mountain which is frankly out of this world & shown of more of the Greyskull Collectors club figures

NECA I think took EVERYONE by surprise with their stand - GOLDEN GILRS figures ;) lol
They are the usual NECA stuff, look ok but never quite hit the likeness for Blanche & co
Although their other tease for Karate Kid figures got me far more excited, they look great & a Ralph & Miyagi will be on the shelf
Not sold on their Ace Ventura though...the Carey likeness is poor at best

Hasbro continue with the G1 throwback Transformers...all look great but I'll keep my money for Masterpiece & 3rd party stuff

Sadly in a job where I can't grab shots otherwise there would be the usual plethora to go with this.

Will hit up more later when I'm home & can trawl the pics more but head over to Toyark website if you want a picture fix...they have awesome shots of everything so far.

Neil
Have only briefly looked and from what I've seen so far only John Wick is tempting for me at the minute.

Although there are a few statues from sideshow I like I would be very unlikely to buy them...... for example there's a Batman, Daredevil and Psylocke which look nice, presumably all premium formats

Not from comic con the next Bombshells is another that will go onto my pre-order list when available
DCBombshellsBigBarda.jpg

If I could afford her I would be all over her like a strong moss ;)
I just seen her for the first time yesturday, she does look very nice. I didn't realise they have been doing Batman Hush line-up to display all together.... now that would be an expensive line up
hush.jpg

To be honest you have probably surpassed me
You have at least 4 I don't have (Katana, Catwoman, Starfire, Jessica) plus the Powergirl & Superman, Harley & Joker
Then the 2 Deluxe so you have easily taken my Bombshell crown now ;) lol
Mera, Lois and Cheetah too? I suppose when I think on it there would only be the original Harley and Ivy that I would have wanted that I missed out on and I think Batgirl would be the only other one you have that I didn't get....... oh, and of course Aquaman that you wont admit you secretly got and love ;)

Well tbh now I'm not sure I'll worry
If you look it one way it's over £200 towards a bigger piece or in fact more or less the price of a HT figure so I think they may be omitted from the collection unless I can find them cheaper down the line
There's been a few that appear new on ebay for a good price after they've have been out a while so you never know you might come accross one that will tempt you.

But I know what you mean about the money going towards other more expensive ones, that can also aid with the variety in the collection

Yeah they have a few bits on there & prices are reasonable, like you said though ti's whether they can fulfil the order & what kind of packaging they use for said delivery...can see a lot of problems from a company that doesn't generally deal with this kind of product.
I always get the feeling of it looks too good to be true when I see places like that putting up things for cheaper prices but then the good thing with zavvi is they don't take deposits so easy to cancel if they didn't get and ship soon after release. But yeah add to that the potential problems you mention makes it more difficult to take a chance on

Ha ha, think Gam has been carrying the weight on his shoulders quite well without me ;)
:zonked:

Stay AWAY from .CO.UK
They had massive issues with cards being hacked on there & I don't know that it was ever fixed.
My other half was taken for over £600 after she'd shopped on there & neither of us have used it since

Interesting. I always use paypal as I normally order when tired and weak willed before going to sleep. Can't be bothered to go and get my card details at that point.:D

Interesting. I always use paypal as I normally order when tired and weak willed before going to sleep. Can't be bothered to go and get my card details at that point.:D

Lol I think with the extra cover from Paypal you should be ok on .co.uk but I certainly wouldn't enter my CC details direct on there anymore

Neil

Lol I'm nowhere near at Gams level these days
I would easily classify both your collections as 'healthy' to say the least. :D

Hopefully it will be soon & we'll get him
Will you be putting in a pre-order for him?

Lol yeah he looks ok.
Hoping they get an Alex Winters one out too
You can't have Ted without Bill, that's just wrong! :nono: Rufus would be cool too. :cool:

Yeah won't hold out much hope to be honest
Don't get me wrong, I'll give it a chance. It's just my expectations aren't very high.

I do love the classic Pred's
Maybe one day
They'll no doubt do a version 3.0 at some stage. ;)

I actually think it's a great look & finally a Joker based on comics that looks good (the previous SSC version was pretty weak IMO)
What was the previous version like again?

You might be right on the price...just looked & SSC Captain America 1/6th Scale is £225 on CDUK so expect Joker to hit around there too :(
Given it's Joker, I'd expect more than even £225. :eek:

Ha ha definitely not
Man got WELL played with, battered & bruised...
Same. I had Cringer/Battle Cat and Castle Greyskull back in the day too. Ah, happy days. :love:

Did you see Hordak's Lair on display at SDCC? I felt a little giddy when I got the nostalgia rush. :D

I'm sure some GI Joe figures are still probably buried in the garden of my old house
Lol! :laugh:

Netflix my good man
Well worth watching
Ah right, thanks for that. :thumbsup:

Well I've just seen Mr Freeze is due so hoping for a few.
He looks ace too! :smashin: Victor is one of my favourite villains and I've always liked his animated incarnation. :)

Batman, Robin, Joker & Harley are the must buys for me...possibly Batgirl & Nightwing if they branch into the New Adventures too
Yeah, I'd gladly hoover them all up! :p I hope the line is successful so they can keep adding to it.

Just keep an eye on Twitter, Facebook & Instagram they drop quick codes on them
I actually made a point of checking my phone every time I woke up overnight during Spooktacular just in case they dropped any...they normally only last 10 minutes if they do so you need to be quick
Thanks for the info, buddy. :smashin: It's rare I'm ever in the right place at the right time, but I'll give it a try regardless. :laugh:

They also give out a daily one in their daily E-mail so you are guaranteed at least $5-$10 once a day
Also good to know, thank you. :smashin:

.COM

Stay AWAY from .CO.UK
They had massive issues with cards being hacked on there & I don't know that it was ever fixed. My other half was taken for over £600 after she'd shopped
on there & neither of us have used it since
That's awful mate. :thumbsdow Did her credit card company compensate her in the end?

In other Neil news...this weekend is London Film & Comic Con
I shall be going Sunday & hoping to hit up a bargain or 3 ;)
Anyone else planning on going?
Let us know if you get any pickups. :)

I would easily classify both your collections as 'healthy' to say the least. :D

Lol mine could do with an injection of new stuff ;)

Bemused One said:
Will you be putting in a pre-order for him?

Not sure, I like the John Wick movies but not sure I need a John Wick figure

Bemused One said:
You can't have Ted without Bill, that's just wrong! :nono: Rufus would be cool too. :cool:

If we get Bill then I might be hard pushed to resist buying the pair

Bemused One said:
Don't get me wrong, I'll give it a chance. It's just my expectations aren't very high.

We might be surprised by it yet :)

Bemused One said:
They'll no doubt do a version 3.0 at some stage. ;)

I would be surprised if they didn't ;)

Bemused One said:
What was the previous version like again?

Like this...

Really not great IMO

Bemused One said:
Given it's Joker, I'd expect more than even £225. :eek:

Ha ha yeah probably right

Bemused One said:
Same. I had Cringer/Battle Cat and Castle Greyskull back in the day too. Ah, happy days. :love:

I had SOOOO many
Not many vehicle but plenty of figures
I had GreySkull & my brother had Snake Mountain
Used to love my MOTU stuff

Bemused One said:
Did you see Hordak's Lair on display at SDCC? I felt a little giddy when I got the nostalgia rush. :D

OH YES!!!
Looks amazing
Just made me even sadder that I didn't start collecting the Classics line back when they started it :(

Bemused One said:
Ah right, thanks for that. :thumbsup:

Stared watching it yet?;)

Bemused One said:
He looks ace too! :smashin: Victor is one of my favourite villains and I've always liked his animated incarnation. :)

I loved tha Animated Mr Freeze, his story was so good.

Bemused One said:
Yeah, I'd gladly hoover them all up! :p I hope the line is successful so they can keep adding to it.

Lol me too

Bemused One said:
Thanks for the info, buddy. :smashin: It's rare I'm ever in the right place at the right time, but I'll give it a try regardless. :laugh:

Well you never know this year.
I'll try to remind you when it starts :)

Bemused One said:
That's awful mate. :thumbsdow Did her credit card company compensate her in the end?

Yeah she got it covered inthe end but it was a massive ball ache
It was actually her current account & not a Credit Card, so it was much more difficult to do, but we got there

Bemused One said:
Let us know if you get any pickups. :)

Lol of course ;)

Nice! :cool: That's two 1/4 scales and counting, yes? :D;)

Sorry, had to be done! :D:laugh:

:D

It'll be so long until he's paid off/arrives I'll be able to bluff my way through the "I'm positive I told you about him!" conversation with my wife!:rotfl:

To be honest, my wife is really cool about my hobbies. She just has a problem with the boxes which I think is understandable because the volume of space 13 Hot Toys boxes, 2 Threezero, and one massive Enterbay box takes up is ridiculous for a two bed flat!

Lol mine could do with an injection of new stuff ;)
Lol! :laugh: You never slow down, do you mate? :D

Not sure, I like the John Wick movies but not sure I need a John Wick figure
Same. It's cool it exists though. :)

If we get Bill then I might be hard pushed to resist buying the pair
Excellent! :p:D

We might be surprised by it yet :)
I hope so. The franchise deserves a good movie.

I would be surprised if they didn't ;)
Whilst my HT collecting days are passed, I'd definitely jump back in for that. :)

Like this...

Really not great IMO
Ah yes, that one. Like yourself, I wasn't a fan of that figure. I just wasn't feelin' it.

Ha ha yeah probably right
They really should reduce their prices to encourage more collectors to buy. It would be win/win for them.

I had SOOOO many
Not many vehicle but plenty of figures
I had GreySkull & my brother had Snake Mountain
Used to love my MOTU stuff
I even had some of the revamped toys, remember them?

OH YES!!!
Looks amazing
Just made me even sadder that I didn't start collecting the Classics line back when they started it :(
Yes, I felt a little pang of sorrow myself looking at the pics. How I wish I had more room. :(

Stared watching it yet?;)
Unfortunately not, as I'm not subscribed to Netflix or any streaming service.

I loved tha Animated Mr Freeze, his story was so good.
I love the fact that you can relate to Victor's plight and can sympathise with him. I thought the conclusion they gave him in the Arkham series of games was fantastic.

Well you never know this year.
I'll try to remind you when it starts :)
I'd appreciate that, as I have a memory like a sieve. :p I completely forgot about it last year. :facepalm:

Yeah she got it covered inthe end but it was a massive ball ache
It was actually her current account & not a Credit Card, so it was much more difficult to do, but we got there
I'm pleased to read she was able to recoup it. To lose such an amount would be hard to get over.

Lol of course ;)
Good man! :smashin:

£400 for a Hot Toys 1/6 Iron Man MKVII Diecast.:eek::facepalm:

When I started collecting £200 was top tier figure!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom