Collectors Figures (Picture Heavy) - Part 3

Soundwave

Distinguished Member

Soundwave

Distinguished Member

gam

Unlike Harley which will likely be a cert for me when she’s released that Gwen is Another to add to my maybe list but one downside id it might tempt me into Miles and then after that any of the others if they are announced in the future which I don’t really want to be tempted with

Having said that she could work well display wise up with my spiderman..... so firm maybe/probably:D

Soundwave

Distinguished Member
Unlike Harley which will likely be a cert for me when she’s released that Gwen is Another to add to my maybe list but one downside id it might tempt me into Miles and then after that any of the others if they are announced in the future which I don’t really want to be tempted with

Having said that she could work well display wise up with my spiderman..... so firm maybe/probably:D
So yeah buy her lol
I'll just repeat what @Our Year said...

Buy her ;)

gam

So yeah buy her lol
I'll just repeat what @Our Year said...

Buy her ;)
Won’t be pre-ordering as like all hot toys figures there’s plenty of availability when they are released. So have well over a year to decide but it’s a very likely for me.

Also on my radar and slightly further down my maybe list which will likely be around the same time are the new Deadpool and Batman premium formats, again I’ll wait and see nearer release time

Soundwave

Distinguished Member
Cheers, dude.

Paypal Credit's a helluva drug lol
Ha ha I've been good with that to be honest...I could go crazy but the 4 months means I still need to find around £100 a month for anything I want & while I have some disposable guaranteeing that much each month is a bit awkward lol

Looking forward to seeing what else arrives ;)

Neil

Matson

Distinguished Member
Just got my second high end collectable today. The box was so large it was dropped off on a pallet lol. The piece itself im sooo happy with. Pennywise from ECC.

2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg
10.jpg
11.jpg

rebel_scum

Distinguished Member
That's amazeballs.

Anyhoo:

This is replacing my beloved Medicom version, (I love this version of Spidey's suit), which had developed too many issues with the suit or base body over the years, to be comfortable keeping it on display.

I wasn't willing to pay the money to replace the Medicom version, but of coarse the Hot Toys figure that was largely ignored upon release, is now fetching anything from £250- £300 online.

The most I was willing to part with was £150 and happily, after a period of waiting, that's what I paid.

Will pick up the Amazing Spider-Man 2 suit at some point, but no interest in the MCU versions.

Last edited:

Bemused One

Distinguished Member
I'm ok with the length and width. The height at the highest part is ok too but as the lower bit will be under the projector screen I'm not 100% sure it will be ok or not....... starting to go off the idea a little as I don't want to take the chance and its not as big a must for me as the Millenium Falcon was
Any final decisions on the Star Destroyer then mate? I've been hoping you'd find some way to squeeze it in as it really is a standout piece. A true gem to any Lego Star Wars collection.

Your not even in the right ball park..... should have pics to share at the weekend
So who was it in the end?

Yeah I can wait for ones that I wont be too annoyed at missing out on but find it harder to do for the likes of the Bombshell line even though I know they will be available upon release
I totally get that. There are just some pieces you have to make sure don't slip through your fingers. ;)

No problem
Appreciated. :) I'll always consider any Batman related DS pieces. They are a weakness of mine. :blush:

See collectibles direct is a little more, may be due to price rises
Here's hoping the prices reduce to a more realistic level as release approaches. I won't hold my breath mind. :rolleyes:
I like and it will go very well with the supergirl one I have as they are a similar style and then the Harley one can go where supergirl currently is
I'm looking forward to seeing the setup already. :)

....or it will be perfectly fine looking in the middle of your favoured three per shelf with a normal standing up one either side of her
Yet another good idea. Definitely worthy of consideration.

No, no nothing that obsure..... just saying what came to mind when I saw it
I'm just a bit dim at times. :laugh:

typo? 100 is it not? But yeah hope they don't make a mess of it
You are quite correct, my bad. I can see the line reaching 200 mind.

Oh, putting two and two together here, is that the next one then? (quality dependent)
That's not the one I had in mind. Tee hee. :p

Good things come to those who wait..... hopefully
I want one so bad I could see myself pre-ordering one if it ever came to fruition.

Colour me intrigued. :) I look forward to seeing the final product.

Also a new Batgirl was announced
View attachment 1267699
I won't lie, I rather like that. If I didn't have my existing one, I'd be well up for this one. In fact I may still be regardless, lol. :laugh:
lol I was picturing more a Joker look by applying a bit too much
Which era Joker though? ;)

I posted that pic before after a bit of modding to get them all fitting in like that but worth posting again
Absolutely worth posting again. Old or new, I love all your pics, but I think you know that already. ;)

No problem, it was nice looking back at a few old pics I had of how some sections used to look
I always find it fascinating how collectors collections evolve over time. Even better to see it.

I'm in no rush, I'm sure I'll see something at some stage that might work up there
Looks like you already have. ;)

Cheepish too
Always a bonus, lol. :laugh:

Thats no fun
You'll get your kicks some other way, I'm sure.

Lol! :laugh:

Again, that no fun lol
I'm picking up your bad habits. It's your own fault really, lol! :p

To be honest there isn't much debating going on here when I purchase ones that appeal and come up at the right time
You've mentioned a few you'll have to play the long game for, so I might get some mileage out of them. :devil:

She'll be very high up on my want list too
You'll be catching @Our Year up with your Harley's soon enough mate, lol. :D

Don't worry mate, we'll be happy to do the tempting for you. :D:devil:

Having said that she could work well display wise up with my spiderman..... so firm maybe/probably
I'll let you break the news to him.

Venom.jpg

Good luck. :D

Bemused One

Distinguished Member
They definitely do.
Cream of the crop. Just wish they were affordable. :facepalm:

Desperately needs some more variety
You could say that about most Batman lines to be fair, although the B&W line has a nice eclectic mix.

Think the Cover Girl line is also getting another Ivy?
I'll be interested to see that. You know how I feel about Ivy. :love:

And great memories they are too.
The best. :thumbsup:

Definitely, not sure I'll ever fully recover
I doubt there will be anything that will ever take it's place in the future.

I definitely do
Toy shopping with Chloe is a very dull affair these days, so many bare shelves & so much tat, nothing I'd class as a good line these days.
That magic, inventiveness and creativity we enjoyed is long gone. Everything is online these days, especially right now, and that is just so cold and hollow an experience.

Aaaaand that's me done.
I couldn't play 7 because of the FP viewpoint, felt wrong & also it terrified me lol
I've yet to play 7, but I must confess an FPS viewpoint will feel jarring, at least to begin with. I'm happy to give it a chance though as I love Resi.

As for the fear factor, bring it on. I'm an Alien Isolation veteran don't you know. ;) Let me tell you, there's nothing more terrifying than being stalked by that big beastie! :eek:

I'll stick to them up to 3 & Code Veronica now then
Have you played 2 remake yet?

What are your thoughts on 3 remake?

Have you heard 4 may be next to get the remake treatment?

Just a Batman or Superman one
Ah, a traditionalist. :D

I finished it last night & went with the Batman ending
Was enjoyable but generally nothing deeper than just being a button masher, no real technique to the fighting just hit the buttons & hope you land enough hits to win
Might try the Turtle download code but can't see me going back to it too much from a single player perspective.
That's a little disappointing to read. I would have hoped for at least a little strategy to the fighting mechanics, a la Street Fighter.

Going back to finish off Gears 3 this weekend now
So did you finish it?

It did do a pretty good job of that
Fighters are perfect for balancing IMO
They are indeed. SF and MK being my favourites.

I think so
It's an almost agonising wait for him.

Pretty sure you knew this about me by now lol
I do. A more reserved @Soundwave just wouldn't be right, lol.

I actually think this is my main issue so much I want & I haven't even began to scratch the surface with Transformers I want that I haven't picked up yet.
I'd start with all the pieces you simply knew you'd have to have as soon as you saw them. You know the sort, the really special ones.

I'll be right over
I can see us now, just like Chandler and Joey from Friends, lamenting endlessly, sitting in our Lazy Boy chairs, lol.

I never really worried so much when they were around £300 a piece but with prices nudging £600 a time now it's just much harder
I have to think long and hard on anything that costs 3 figures and above. It's at such times when Paypal really comes in handy when making high value purchases online.

I'm the same as much as they are the original design it's the animated versions that I got into the most so they are my preferred look (although I do like Michael Bay's versions from the movies too & wish I'd got Raph & Leo that Three Zero released)
Same. Cartoon versions all day. Although I have a soft spot for the early nineties film incarnations. I was sorely tempted to go all in on the NECA ones too, but relented again, mainly because of their size and of course lack of space.

I'm not too sure about the Michael Bay versions. I haven't saw either of the films so feel rather indifferent about them.

Think this may be one of those times when ignorance is bliss...sorry I brought them up
You need never apologise for posting awesome pics buddy. It's fundamental to the core of this thread. ;) I'm glad to know they exist and whilst it would have been nice to own them, I am content enough with the pics themselves. ;)

Think the relationship between the 2 makes them a perfect pair & you could miss the other brothers out really
That makes sense. It would have to be all four for me though. I simply couldn't compromise.

He he it's catching
:laugh:

Yeah we do...going to be a lot of hard work...when I get started
Any progress then?

Ha ha, never been much good with either
You should be careful admitting any weaknesses on here. :D;)

gam

Hi @Bemused One welcome back :hiya:
I had noticed you hadn't been around in a while and was happy to see the couple of likes from you the other day, hope all is well with you?
Any final decisions on the Star Destroyer then mate? I've been hoping you'd find some way to squeeze it in as it really is a standout piece. A true gem to any Lego Star Wars collection.
I'd lost my interest in the hobby very briefly there but its slowely coming back again but the Star Destroyer is low on my priorities as it would be a sqeeze to fit in and unlike the Millennium Falcon its not a big 'must have' for me.

Maybe when we get back to some resemblance of normal and it goes on sale at lego I may be tempted again.

So who was it in the end?
I'd got distracted and forgot all about getting the pics taken..... I'll try to make a point to fix that soon ;)

Appreciated. :) I'll always consider any Batman related DS pieces. They are a weakness of mine. :blush:
I'd never have guessed :rotfl::rotfl:

Here's hoping the prices reduce to a more realistic level as release approaches. I won't hold my breath mind. :rolleyes:
Unfortunately I can only see them rising even more now :(

I'm looking forward to seeing the setup already. :)
:smashin:

That's not the one I had in mind. Tee hee. :p
I did see a couple more DS Batmans coming too, I'd guess its one of those but can't remember you comenting on any of them though

I want one so bad I could see myself pre-ordering one if it ever came to fruition.
Pre-oder, that's a bold statement for yourself and missing out on the bargain hunt game after release

I won't lie, I rather like that. If I didn't have my existing one, I'd be well up for this one. In fact I may still be regardless, lol. :laugh:
Ohhhh. note taken..... something to tease you with in the future :clap:

Looks like you already have. ;)
Still well over a year away so who knows what plans may change in that time but at least its a plan for now

You've mentioned a few you'll have to play the long game for, so I might get some mileage out of them. :devil:
True as my maybe list seems to be growing and is a lot bigger than my definitely list these days

You'll be catching @Our Year up with your Harley's soon enough mate, lol. :D
Yeah we both have quite a few of them but I think he will be well ahead in my mind once he gets his prime 1 piece

Don't worry mate, we'll be happy to do the tempting for you. :D:devil:
My fear is ending up wanting the rest of them to complete a set but as I say I'll decide around the time she's released

I'll let you break the news to him.

View attachment 1294752
Good luck. :D
Tell him nothing, I'll just hide instead :D

rebel_scum

Distinguished Member
Picked up an HT AOU Scarlet Witch, so was looking back at some reviews on Youtube.

What's with all the creepy dudes checking to see if she was wearing any underwear?

lmfao

Bemused One

Distinguished Member
Thanks buddy. :) I've missed our more regular interactions over the last few months.

I had noticed you hadn't been around in a while and was happy to see the couple of likes from you the other day, hope all is well with you?
If I am honest, I've been struggling with a lot of stress and anxiety over the last few months for various reasons. This year is proving to be quite challenging. :thumbsdow

I'd lost my interest in the hobby very briefly there but its slowely coming back again but the Star Destroyer is low on my priorities as it would be a sqeeze to fit in and unlike the Millennium Falcon its not a big 'must have' for me.
I can relate. It's hard to find enthusiasm for much given how grim things are just now.

I'm pleased you are getting your mojo back though. :) So when can we expect your next Falcon? How many Falcon's will that make in your collection?

Maybe when we get back to some resemblance of normal and it goes on sale at lego I may be tempted again.
A nice price cut can work wonders. :D

I'd got distracted and forgot all about getting the pics taken..... I'll try to make a point to fix that soon ;)
Woot, woot! :clap:

I'd never have guessed :rotfl::rotfl:
:p

Unfortunately I can only see them rising even more now :(
Yeah, once a line gets established that tends to be the trajectory. I hope the pricing doesn't get too silly, a la Sideshow.

I did see a couple more DS Batmans coming too, I'd guess its one of those but can't remember you comenting on any of them though
None of them either. :p The DS line still hasn't produced another Batman that even comes close to the quality of their first one. He remains the boss of the entire line IMO.

Pre-oder, that's a bold statement for yourself and missing out on the bargain hunt game after release
Yep, I want one so bad I would make the exception for him. Let's face it a piece like that would be a mega hit.

Ohhhh. note taken..... something to tease you with in the future :clap:
Lol! :laugh: I didn't really help myself much making that admission, did I?

Still well over a year away so who knows what plans may change in that time but at least its a plan for now
Still time for a new Venom release then. :D Failing that, I think Gwen would compliment Spidey very nicely. ;)

True as my maybe list seems to be growing and is a lot bigger than my definitely list these days
Anything more you'd care to share from those lists? ;)

Yeah we both have quite a few of them but I think he will be well ahead in my mind once he gets his prime 1 piece
Prime 1's are pretty special, but the new Sideshow one you have on order is mighty fine too. ;) They are both great pieces.

My fear is ending up wanting the rest of them to complete a set but as I say I'll decide around the time she's released
And we will be here to help you with your decision making. :D:devil:

Tell him nothing, I'll just hide instead :D
:laugh::rotfl:

Bemused One

Distinguished Member
Not to take anything away from Scarlet Witch, who looks great by the way, but those Predators in the background steal that pic for me mate. :D I’ve always wanted one of them. :love:

rebel_scum

Distinguished Member
Oh, I love that Wonder Woman headsculpt.

Latest pickup and possibly my favourite out of everything I've bought recently:

I keep saying 'that's the last one, that's the last one', then summit else pops up.

A local chap was offloading quite a few figures on ebay for very decent prices and while I'd no interest in most of it, (someone got a good bargain on a Star Lord), he had Vision.

So, now I have a Vision, (about being skint, mostly).

Oh crap, he has a Civil War Black Panther, too...

Last edited:

rebel_scum

Distinguished Member
Received Vision and Black Panther today.

Black Panther is awesome, really weighty fig and although very light on accessories, the shelf presence is immense.

Vision on the other hand, I have extremely mixed feelings about. On one hand, I don't think I'll keep him, but on the other he looks great with Scarlet Witch.

Decisions...

Soundwave

Distinguished Member
Cream of the crop. Just wish they were affordable. :facepalm:
Welcome back bro, had missed you & @gam recently

Sadly nothing really fun is cheap these days :(

Bemused One said:
You could say that about most Batman lines to be fair, although the B&W line has a nice eclectic mix.
It's a nice mix of Batman but sorely lacking much variety really...crying out for a B&W Rogues Gallery if I'm honest

Bemused One said:
I'll be interested to see that. You know how I feel about Ivy. :love:
Lol most of us feel the same ;)

Bemused One said:
That magic, inventiveness and creativity we enjoyed is long gone. Everything is online these days, especially right now, and that is just so cold and hollow an experience.
Even worse now any toy shop is actually shut lol
Browsing online is a sorry replacement

Bemused One said:
I've yet to play 7, but I must confess an FPS viewpoint will feel jarring, at least to begin with. I'm happy to give it a chance though as I love Resi.
I gave up pretty quickly with 7
It was a bit too plodding & not much happening...but it did pretty much terrify me just walking around.

Bemused One said:
As for the fear factor, bring it on. I'm an Alien Isolation veteran don't you know. ;) Let me tell you, there's nothing more terrifying than being stalked by that big beastie! :eek:
Ha ha I have heard Isolation is pretty terrifying, I need to check it out.

Bemused One said:
Have you played 2 remake yet?
Nope still not bought it

Bemused One said:
What are your thoughts on 3 remake?
Have heard it's very good, I don't remember too much about it as I didn't play it too much back at release & had moved on to other stuff by then.

Bemused One said:
Have you heard 4 may be next to get the remake treatment?
Sadly yes, not one for me at all, never did like it at launch on the Gamecube.

Bemused One said:
That's a little disappointing to read. I would have hoped for at least a little strategy to the fighting mechanics, a la Street Fighter.
No sadly not much in the way of technical or deep gameplay, still it's fun while it lasts & being able to be other DC characters...if only for a fight or 2 is great.

Bemused One said:
So did you finish it?
Nope on final boss & it's being a little **** so have stopped for a bit
Have started on Batman Arkham Knight on Xbox & Spiderman on PS4
Both of which haven't exactly ignited fires in me.
The Batmobile driving/Tank sections in Batman are driving me nuts...too much & too frequent, also grappling around the city is getting old.
Spiderman...again not gripped me, the fighting is interesting but it takes so long to web to areas that I get bored
Spending more time on FIFA 20 again as it's just so easy to stick in for a few games
I am starting to look at Fight Sticks & fighters for the PS4 though so fully expecting to have Street Fighter V in the collection in a few days ;)

Bemused One said:
They are indeed. SF and MK being my favourites.
Same here...need to get MK 11 I think

Bemused One said:
I do. A more reserved @Soundwave just wouldn't be right, lol.
Ha ha no fear of that happening ;)

Bemused One said:
I'd start with all the pieces you simply knew you'd have to have as soon as you saw them. You know the sort, the really special ones.
So what you mean is ALL of them then ;) lol
You know me & Transformers, they are all practically must haves ;)

Bemused One said:
I can see us now, just like Chandler and Joey from Friends, lamenting endlessly, sitting in our Lazy Boy chairs, lol.
Absolutely...I'll bring the 80's Cartoons & Anime too ;)

giphy.gif

Bemused One said:
I have to think long and hard on anything that costs 3 figures and above. It's at such times when Paypal really comes in handy when making high value purchases online.
I know & it's getting even harder at the moment.
I might be due a bit of money in a few months, nothing major just a bonus from an insurance policy (you know these pay in get an amount back after a set period jobs) so might be a couple of Hundred which I fully expect to throw at something stupid ;)
Just hoping anything I like is still available by then lol

Bemused One said:
Same. Cartoon versions all day. Although I have a soft spot for the early nineties film incarnations. I was sorely tempted to go all in on the NECA ones too, but relented again, mainly because of their size and of course lack of space.
Have you not seen the cheaper 7" NECA Movie one's??
Can get the full set for £96.00 delivered -

Not massively cheap but pretty good value for some cracking figures & as you know NECA knock these things out the park

Bemused One said:
I'm not too sure about the Michael Bay versions. I haven't saw either of the films so feel rather indifferent about them.
You should try the movies, they are really good
For all Michael Bays failings with the Transformers movies he really worked well with the Turtles ones
They are great fun.
It might be that I'm just not invested in the Turtles as much as I am Transformers that I can let them slide but I genuinely enjoyed them & had a grin on my face the entire time I was watching them.

Bemused One said:
You need never apologise for posting awesome pics buddy. It's fundamental to the core of this thread. ;) I'm glad to know they exist and whilst it would have been nice to own them, I am content enough with the pics themselves. ;)
Ha ha glad I could help a little :)

Bemused One said:
That makes sense. It would have to be all four for me though. I simply couldn't compromise.
Well in an ideal world it would be the 4 but I could live with just the pair & making a sparing display with them

Bemused One said:
Any progress then?
What do you think ;)

Bemused One said:
You should be careful admitting any weaknesses on here. :D;)
Lol I'll be very careful

Neil

Soundwave

Distinguished Member
Received Vision and Black Panther today.

Black Panther is awesome, really weighty fig and although very light on accessories, the shelf presence is immense.

Vision on the other hand, I have extremely mixed feelings about. On one hand, I don't think I'll keep him, but on the other he looks great with Scarlet Witch.

Decisions...
Nice gets buddy, I do like the look of the BP figure, is yours the one that lights up?

Just my 2 cents on Vision but if you don't need to recoup the purchase price for any reason then I'd keep him.
I doubt you'll see another version again now...unless HT start branching into the TV shows & give us WandaVision versions & I definitely think if you have Wanda then you do need Vision

Neil

Trending threads

Latest News

Denon introduces 8K ready AV Receivers as industry's first
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
CES 2021 to go ahead 'in person'
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Philips 800 Series OLED TVs come to UK in July
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published