Collectors Figures, Pictures and Posters

This one is my wife's. She got it from Andy Hallet who played Lorne (they were friends) if you look at the signature it's half under the plastic, the backplate was signed prior to manufacture.
I think it's quite cool.
That's awesome. :smashin: I'm an Angel fan from way back in the day. :)

Well, it's taken me far longer to post these than I wanted, but better late than never. :p

Here she is @gam. :) For all you eighties kids out there. :D

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

The base came in two parts and is magnetised, which I wasn't expecting. One of Cheetara's feet was magnetised too, while the other had a standard small peg. She slotted into place rather nicely with minimum effort.

The staff was a little awkward to place in her hand. Bit of a tight fit. Had to be very careful applying pressure as the statue is pretty fragile. Got there in the end though and pleased with it's placement.

4.JPG

As you can see the likeness, although basic, is spot on. I could not be more happy with it.

Overall I'm delighted with her. Iron Studios have recreated her perfectly IMO. :)

Last edited:
There is a dedicated Lego thread in the General Chat sub forum, but I am sure you are more than welcome to post your Lego pics in here too as they can be classed as collectibles. Would I be right @Garrett?

I like the new pics you've put up. :smashin: That AT-AT brings back fond childhood memories.
Yes for sure that is okay.

Well, it's taken me far longer to post these than I wanted, but better late than never. :p

View attachment 1486313

View attachment 1486323

View attachment 1486317

The base came in two parts and is magnetised, which I wasn't expecting. One of Cheetara's feet was magnetised too, while the other had a standard small peg. She slotted into place rather nicely with minimum effort.

The staff was a little awkward to place in her hand. Bit of a tight fit. Had to be very careful applying pressure as the statue is pretty fragile. Got there in the end though and pleased with it's placement.

View attachment 1486324

As you can see the likeness, although basic, is spot on. I could not be more happy with it.

Overall I'm delighted with her. Iron Studios have recreated her perfectly IMO. :)
Was showing my boy Thundercats the other day!

Ah no rush then ;) lol
None whatsoever, decided I'll make my mind up once in stock and ready to ship..... at least thats a little progress on the decision front

Ha ha of course not...I got the same feeling when you blamed me for the Bombshells ;)
The happy proud feeling you mean? Or was that just my twisted reaction to pulling somebody else in :D

Oh and don't forget Hot Toys Marty and Cap Marvel and the B&W Batman's and probably a few more over the years........ but yeah the 27 Bombshells slippery slope is the one that tops them all :laugh:

Most likely, still at least you have the options here
Norrowed it down to either the Hot Toys deluxe or the PF...... decision to make if the Hot Toys becomes easily available in the next month or two and if it doesn't then it wasn't meant to be so will go for the PF when its released

Ha ha next question now then is where will she be displayed?? ;)
No idea but there is one on ebay at the minute so am watching the price on that one 😰

I really don't know how so many people manage such epic shots with their figures, everything I try just looks wooden & un-natural lol
A good eye and a bit of patience I would guess, even after many years playing with them, like yourself, I still struggle getting away from the wooden and un-natural look when trying fancy poses

Ha ha yes there are some things that make it on that VERY small list ;)
Of course there had to be a pass list in your collection of lists :facepalm:

;):D

I'm getting VERY drawn to the Stranger Things set.
Also missed out the other week when they were doing an offer on the Batmobile & Batwing as a set for £300!
I just didn't have the disposable at the time :(
Was looking at that myself last year but so far have been restraining myself from the playset type sets and trying to stick with the UCS display type ones but we'll see how long that lasts

Seen the offer for the Bats sets, would have been a great buy

I didn't until you posted the link
She looks good.
Lots of discussion on the Bewbs being too small but I think it still looks good
Same, the original is better but price is too much now so this will be as good as I get so I will add her...hope for a change of head as the EX

Neil
See she's up and change of head it is Power Girl Premium Format™ Figure by Sideshow Collectibles

So have you ordered her yet?

What about now

What abo................ :laugh:

I took this snap last time I gave my cabinet a good clean out. Thought I would share. :)

View attachment 1485383

I wish I had a shelf I could put these on as I think they look quite good in a row.

@Soundwave - 'Ole faithful hanging on the wall there. :D
Me likey, great looking all together like that :thumbsup:

Pity we didn't get to see the line and your collection of them grow further :(

I was unaware of it's reputation going in, so I didn't have any expectations. It didn't take long for it to hook me though and it held my interest all the way to the end. There aren't many shows that can do that.
Agree, one of the very few shows that I've managed to binge watch. One or two episodes at a time of the same show is normally my limit but there is always an odd exception to that as in the case of the wire

Yes, I've been quite enjoying my time under the radar. :D I knew it wouldn't last though. :p
Was about to post a link for the DS Harley that appeared but its sold very quickly, I'm sure you'll be smiling for a while with my attention turned to @Soundwave and Power Girl until he orders her

As my only digital purchase was from the Kindle store, I thought it just made sense to use the app to read it.

What reader you use on your ipad?
At the time I was looking when I first started on them it was hard to choose between Comic Zeal and Chunky but settled on Comic Zeal and have been using that ever since

I did have a hiatus a couple of years ago as I was stuggling to read them but back agian with very little issues with a pair of reading glasses

Totally. Plus I do love that new smell you get from books. :p
:thumbsup:

It certainly is. Even if you aren't a chess player it actually provides the diverse kind of Batman collection I have always longed for in statue form.
Imagine that sort of lineup in 1/6 scale or larger 🤯

All 32 individual pieces, plus specials, and all their magazines have been safely stored away for a while now and are all as mint as they day I got them. They make for a great collection on their own.

Sadly, the container I previously had the chessboard tucked away in was insufficient and somehow, and I genuinely do not know how it happened, it's picked up a little damage. :( You can imagine my distress when I discovered it. I've since relocated it to a much safer place. However it's something that really irks me every time I think about it.
I would say it would, hate when things like happen myself

I didn't go mad, honest. :laugh: I only got two of the special edition pieces. Batman perched on top of the Bat Signal and the alternate Batman and Joker pieces from the Dark Knight Returns graphic novel.

The manufacturers certainly know their audience and how well they can exploit us that's for sure. :rolleyes:

Yep, I took off the fanboy hat and put the sensible one on. It's a mugs game trying to keep up with that lark.
They're all justifiable along with the full chess set so glad they didn't suck you in too much

Can't say I was the same :blush: The various collections/subs that I had going at once at a time, it took me far too long due to being hesitant to phone to cancel them but I ended up doing them all in one afternoon...... never looked twice at that sort of ongoing sub again

That was my very thinking when I had them designed. Versatility is key when you are short on space.
Preaching to the choir, need to stay flexible and maximize space when you have very little to work with. Pre-made cabinets very rarely do that

An Ivy went up just last week and I kept tabs on it out of curiosity. In the end she sold for well over £500, which is far more than I would have been willing to pay for her.
:(

Ah yes, you'll always get the pedants. Sounds encouraging overall.

I see that shipping status has changed. ;)
Billed on Tuesday and email received this morning but tracking saying its still to be collected so slowly getting closer

It would seem waiting until there is more plentiful stock will be my only option as I am never in the right place at the right time whenever any drops happen. Mind you, with literally only minutes to react I'm not the only one always missing out.
That has to get less and less common the more of the ones that want one get them so the buy windows is bound to get longer. On the positive side they do seem to be going up a bit more often now

Aww...:thumbsdow Sorry to read that.

Funnily enough Amazon did the same to me recently.
Bit annoying but not the end of the world. I never bothered trying to re-order from zavvi but stay tuned for that particular Harley ;)

I may use them in the future for in-stock or anything I can take or leave but it will make me think twice ordering anything I really want with them.

Sorry to hear about the amazon one, anyhting you really wanted?

Ah, so you have limits when it comes to her after all? ;):D
Yeah never been an all and everything for anything.

The right size statues of her that can fit in here is always going to draw my attention though

Yeah, I saw that too. It's currently sitting at 19 July which made me wince a bit as I was expecting end of March.

There was a chap on that same thread that got his set through somehow and alas it was damaged. That's hardly encouraging.
Not too long when compared to collectibles but think all or fingers are crossed for no damage

Fair enough. I'm sure you'll find an optimal spot for him eventually. Let us know when you do and please take pics of him. :)
Will do

I would absolutely agree with that. Having now set up my second last acquisition and seen her for myself I have zero complaints with the likeness.

Contrast that with the Cavill Superman in the black suit Iron Studios put up for pre-order recently, the likeness on that just isn't right. So much so I find it off putting. It definitely needs more work. Shame really as I could have been tempted by that.
Glad you're happy with both of them, thats the main thing........ so whats next 😇

Did see the Black Supes but the fact I can't remember it already says it all for where I stand on that one

I do like the lookof the non-movie IS supes that has just went up for order though

I shall endeavour to satisfy your curiosity enough until the pics come, how is that?

Your accurate deduction last time? Think of the company she keeps. ;) So one of just four this time. :D
Did narrow it down to the other Thundercats ones but there was no breadcrumbs this time to narrow it any further

If these rules remain then that's great, especially for international buyers. I dunno though, I keep expecting to get the rug swiped out from under us at any point. Perhaps I'm being too cynical?

For Iron Studios fans, have you noticed how their new lines keep creeping up in price? Even if the above does stick the benefits could be a moot point for us soon enough.
Its not that there is no vat due, the international seller is meant to collect it and pay it to HMRC. Not that it will effect us but the EU is bringing in the same rules in July for shipments to there its just the UK brought it in earlier with Brexit

So in the long run it either will be collected at checkout or as is happening already some sellers will stop shipping items under the threshold to the uk. It is handier for us than having to pay the vat to the courier

And yes on the IS price front. They are going up very quickly and I've noticed some lines/liceneses seem to be significantly more than others

I've got one set of pics taken now, so that's progress I guess. Keep an eye out for them soon. :)

How about you? Have you found any time yet?
Seen them and will comment shrotly.

No pics yet mainly due to lazyness in the front of the TV lol

Am off over easter so will have no excuse not to get some taken and posted soon

Expertly so. :smashin: Detective @gam. :D
Just followed the random breadcrumbs you left ;)

I hope my answer above will suffice for now. ;)
need more clues or even better, pics :D

sssshhhhhh, don't tell the Mrs but I've just pre ordered the HotToys Batman Begins Batmobile (tumbler) from Sideshow 😬

And there I was trying to be good.

Its not just the movie stuff but It does look like it at the moment! Remember I had the Iron Studios Dark Knight Returns Batman & Robin!!

Work starting here at start of May so hopefully by mid August should have some displayed properly but until then will grab photos when stuff turns up.
You'll then have to explain to her that you need a Begins Batman to go with it, it will be wrong not to

You must like your Lego, thanks for sharing

The Falcon was my first set as it was a must have for me but got intimidated with the amount of bags and as I liked it that Slave 1 was bought as a practice set..... glad I got it when I did as it is a good set

View attachment 1486313

View attachment 1486323

View attachment 1486317

View attachment 1486324

Great pics and she looks awesome, you must be delighted

Along with the other one will you be getting any more in the Thundercats line or looking at other lines for the next addition?

All of the above lol
But I won't be getting it lol
I have no space
Lack of space doesn’t usually stop you lol

Thought it would have appealed to you though depending on what size and price it will be

I know Harley is everyone in the world's favourite but I just had to have a couple of my favourite, Poison Ivy... arriving next month...

I took this snap last time I gave my cabinet a good clean out. Thought I would share. :)

View attachment 1485383

I wish I had a shelf I could put these on as I think they look quite good in a row.

@Soundwave - 'Ole faithful hanging on the wall there. :D

Love them buddy, they look awesome
Lol old faithful still doing the business then ;)

What other options are available at the moment?
Sadly none...but I'll hold out hope for a new line some time
I like these kind of surprises, so I am happy to wait. :)

Hope you won't have to wait too long for it to get shipped. Have you got any date to go on?
Funny you should ask...shipped Thursday, due here Tuesday :)

I was hardly impressed when they fired Gina Carano. :rolleyes: Sabotaging the Mandalorian is not a good move.
Same, Seen the price of any of her collectables has shot through the roof now though
Their next attempt wasn't much better!
Nope & sadly they will never learn
What's not to like? :D
Win win...might even be a new one on the horizon ;)
How are they doing? Are they enjoying boxed life? Lol. :p
Lol yes they seem super happy at the moment ;) :p
At no extra charge? If so, fair play to them. :smashin:
Yep it's a freebie replacement
Ah, that makes even more sense now.

When did you decide to fully commit to an Avengers roster?
I didn't, still on a mix & match...do want the holy trinity - Thor, Cap & Iron Man just with a little Cap Marvel in there too, that will do me really
Yeah, I like that one a lot.

I totally get waiting for the one you really want though. Plus it helps space out hammering that poor wallet of yours. ;)
Yeah, any break is welcome ;)
I just wanted to check you had your priorities right. :D
Of course I do :)
That makes sense. Florida is great for small and big kids. ;)
Yeah we loved it in 2019 & any chance to go back again will be awesome :)
Thanks for those. :smashin: Piccolo is cool. What is the other one your brother has like?
No worries, paid for the next one now so that should be here in a week or so too :)

Much the same to be honest, this one is just an updated version

Ha ha, good man!

Don't forget your portable stove and toilet in case of delays. ;):D
Got them at the ready :)

View attachment 1486313

View attachment 1486323

View attachment 1486317

View attachment 1486324

That's awesome, have looked at them a lot myself, I assume now the rest will be joining her soon, the whole set look great as a Diorama

Congrats on the new arrival :)

Neil

None whatsoever, decided I'll make my mind up once in stock and ready to ship..... at least thats a little progress on the decision front
Plenty of time to sort it yet :)
The happy proud feeling you mean? Or was that just my twisted reaction to pulling somebody else in :D

Oh and don't forget Hot Toys Marty and Cap Marvel and the B&W Batman's and probably a few more over the years........ but yeah the 27 Bombshells slippery slope is the one that tops them all :laugh:
Yeah the happy proud :)
Oh yeah I'd forgot them ;) lol
well when I enable I enable properly ;)

Narrowed it down to either the Hot Toys deluxe or the PF...... decision to make if the Hot Toys becomes easily available in the next month or two and if it doesn't then it wasn't meant to be so will go for the PF when its released
I'm getting perilously close to the Deluxe HT at the moment...still have my RP to use ;)

No idea but there is one on ebay at the minute so am watching the price on that one 😰
Lol getting more likely ;)

A good eye and a bit of patience I would guess, even after many years playing with them, like yourself, I still struggle getting away from the wooden and un-natural look when trying fancy poses
I really need to practice, might break some of the Transformers out & give them a go first

Of course there had to be a pass list in your collection of lists :facepalm:
Ha ha there has always been a pass list...it's a postage stamp, but it exists ;)
Was looking at that myself last year but so far have been restraining myself from the playset type sets and trying to stick with the UCS display type ones but we'll see how long that lasts

Seen the offer for the Bats sets, would have been a great buy
Yeah it's a bit of a playset rather than display but does look good
Keep checking Smyths again in case they do the deal again

See she's up and change of head it is Power Girl Premium Format™ Figure by Sideshow Collectibles

So have you ordered her yet?

What about now

What abo................ :laugh:
No idea what you are on about ;)

Screenshot 2021-04-03 at 17.33.51.png

Neil

Plenty of time to sort it yet :)
Yep, no rush at all :)

Yeah the happy proud :)
Oh yeah I'd forgot them ;) lol
well when I enable I enable properly ;)
Glad its not just me taking pleasure in dragging others in :)

To be fair it doesn't take much to get me to cave into temptation to something I like and am interested in......... but still, don't think I'll ever top the Bombshells floodgates again
I'm getting perilously close to the Deluxe HT at the moment...still have my RP to use ;)
Did you not use them on your latest pre-order then?

Lol getting more likely ;)
Holding steady at the minute but anything can happen if I remember about it next weekend and its still cheapish before it ends and of course if I'm in the right mood at that time to put a bid in

I really need to practice, might break some of the Transformers out & give them a go first
Naturally with pics of course? ;)

Ha ha there has always been a pass list...it's a postage stamp, but it exists ;)
Thought it would be even smaller than that :laugh:

Yeah it's a bit of a playset rather than display but does look good
Keep checking Smyths again in case they do the deal again
Came close last summer to getting it and the Friends set but managed to stay firm, both where made up and on display when I got the Batmobile...... we'll see how long that lasts when the shops open again if they are still instock at the local smyths if or when I call in again. Hoping something else comes out to scratch my lego itch before then though

They seem to put some sets on sale for a few days every now and then so I wouldn't be too surprised if the offer is repeated at some stage

No idea what you are on about ;)

View attachment 1488059

Neil
Don't know wether to be happy that you ordered it or sad that I can't keep pestering about it........ I'l go with happy, just glad you wont miss out on another PF thats very high on your major want list :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

I know Harley is everyone in the world's favourite but I just had to have a couple of my favourite, Poison Ivy... arriving next month...
I'm one thats got a 'little' bit carried away with Harley over the years but do like Ivy too....... look forward to seeing what you have coming :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom