Collectors Figures (Picture Heavy) - Part 3

Bemused One

Distinguished Member
Yeah just makes it all look awkwared and cluttered :thumbsdow
It certainly does. The villains ensemble certainly looks on course to outshine the heroes this time.

Sooo, any stray clicking on the buy button :p
Not on Amazon, no. They can do much better with their pricing. ;)

I hope you can get them both :devil:
Stay tuned. :D

Red Hood is still around for a reaonable price but don't see any cheaper Nightwings at the minute :thumbsdow
I noticed your seller on eBay sold his. As did rybac. I'm surprised the latter hasn't had any more Nightwing statues in. Do you think he's likely to stock any more?

Sounds like a plan :smashin:
A plan I've been hoping to implement for 3 years and counting. :rolleyes:

The finish on the newer DS ones are better as the older DC Collectibles stuff was never that great but I like how the three seperate statues of the JL build a scene join together to make one with them all in a running pose which works very well all together
It's nice you can appreciate them seperately without playing favourites. ;)

Yeah amazon have gone the wrong way with this Nightwing and is one of the more expensive than everywhere else ones...... you can only hope they reduce it way down before it sells out
It's becoming a trend with them. Predicting how low they get before selling out is the tricky bit. It's all part of the game though. ;) Rybac has set the benchmark on pricing for Nightwing as far as I'm concerned, so Amazon have got a long way to go.

As you say they do seem to be very random with their prices for new releases lately with some very low and others very high :confused:
I have observed more high than low pricing from them this last while, especially on collectibles. They seem to be veering away from being more competitive from the outset to trying to chance their hand to see what they can get away with higher pricing. Granted, they reduce their prices if they don't get many bites, but still it's an erratic style I am not a fan of.

Yeah I was tempted when amazon had her cheapish but happy I waited as this new one fits in better here
She certainly does and she looks great. :smashin:

Cheers :smashin:

Just need to wonder where Harley will fit in next year :laugh:
Have you changed your mind about displacing Wonder Woman for Harley now? Ms. Quinn will likely insist on optimum placement, but do you really have the heart to tell Ms. Prince to move? :p Wonder Woman Vs. Harley Quinn. Now that will be interesting. :D

Well they have done Red Hood and Nightwing which both seemed like relatively out of the blue characters for the line so you never know they may pop up with a few villians over time to keep you happy
Yeah, it's great to have Red Hood and Nightwing added to the line. :smashin: I'm gagging for some alternate villains though. It may not surprise you to know I have a lengthy list of rogues I'd be happy to see. :D

Next two Bombshells are due in January, so none unless they come early :(
At least you've got them to look forward to. ;)

I bet you had another look at her on sideshows site too :hiya:
Nope. I haven't looked at her since those links you posted of some owners pics a while back. :p

Same here with the indoor lighting, there's very few of my collection that has every even seen sunlight here :laugh:
I was trying something different when I took the Batgirl pics, but I think I'll go back to the old format as the white background I've used previously is better for my cameras flash to bounce off of. It enhances the pictures better. :smashin:

Hope to see some pics of a Red Hood and Nightwing combo soon :p
Leave it with me and I'll see what I can do. ;)

just a little :laugh:
You should endulge that side more. :lease::D

Plans can easily change and in this case evolve :thumbsup:
I've gone from Hot Toys, to 1/10 scale, to 1/4 scale and now 1/6 scale statues, so it's been quite the journey. :p I adore the Designer Series line and will be happy to continue with it for the foreseeable. That line just seems custom made for my display. :) My only fear is those prices steadily creeping up over time and eventually becoming too much to justify them. I seriously hope that doesn't happen though.

Cheers, as you know they are a favourite of mine too :thumbsup:
Long may the line keep going and the pictures keep coming. :D

Batman seems to be a realistic one for around the £100 mark but the other two seem to be very few these days and even less likely for anything near a reasonable price :(
I'd need more than Batman to convince me to invest more in the line. To be honest I'm on the verge of giving up completely again. There comes a time when you have to cut your losses and move on.

Other option in the future which I think you mentioned before would be cut your loses, sell Mr Freeze and alocate a third shelf to another trio of Designer series ones..... you just know that would look great :cool:
That's a highly probable progression for my display now that I'm settled in with the DS line. It would be hard for me to sell Victor on, although a DS variant of him would make things easier for me. :) We'll see how things go.

Bemused One

Distinguished Member
Ha ha same, but then when small pocket money was involved you had to be more selective anyway ;)
That's true. Being able to swap games for £5-£10 was an absolute God send for us back in the day. :D

Totally, still not recovered :laugh::laugh:
Same here. The pain never really goes away, does it? :(:p

nope it's totally spoilt multi player gaming for me these days.
Best to fly solo. ;) Less ear ache, lol. :D

Totally I was always impressed with his work ethic & effort to have the latest gaming goodies.
It's the right way to go about things if that's your passion. ;)

Not sure though, he had his with Mario 64 & Wave Race at launch...that said it was a LONG time ago now so I might well have forgotten the actual amount ;) lol
I got a bundle deal with Mario 64. :love: Talk about starting out the gate strong. :smashin:

Yep & I'm glad I knew him ;)
Keep trying to track him down again now see how he's getting on but failing miserably :(
Are you wanting to catch up, or just check out his latest stash? :D

Not sure, haven't seen many updates lately, I hope so though.
It would be a gamble for them I guess, but I hope they get the backing for it.

I think so...also be cool if they didn't slot in all the way & popped out the top like the old school Neo ;)
That's another good idea. They should hire you as part of the design team. :D

Oh it's awful isn't it?
I miss the old days of cartridge gaming so much at the moment
You were at least guaranteed a final product with cartridge based games.

I'd say Nintendo are the only ones these days who come close to releasing finished products from the outset, although they aren't completely immune to the odd patch either.
Yep...on the rare occasion I do get a go it's well savoured ;)
I sometimes have to tear myself away after I get going, especially when you get back in to the swing of things. That part of me has never changed, lol. :laugh:

Absolutely, they were the worst in all the games
There is something far worse than those blasted dogs waiting for you in the remake, but I'm not going to spoil it for you. ;)

Definitely need to experience it all again...think I need to buy the Re-Re-make of Res 1 first though just to do them all justice ;)
That's fair enough, but you can quite comfortably jump back in to 2 as it only has a tenuous link to the first via Claire's story.

It's good, did forget how difficult the targeting can be at times though
Will try again to get back on for a bit tonight.
I was useless at aiming when I tried the first game a few years back. I just couldn't get to grips with it. I'm just more used to shooters on PC I guess.

Exactly, they were the games that really started the whole thing...despite Afraid of the Dark being on PC a little bit before it was Res Evil that took it to the heights it needed to be at
You are right about Afraid in the Dark technically being the first, but Resi had more reach because of the consoles and brought survival horror to the masses, which is why it's considered the grand daddy of the genre.

I did but only really liked the Leon figure.
I was sorely tempted to get the Chris, Jill and Wesker figures from the fifth game a few years back and then the Leon and Ada figures a couple of years later, but chose to pass on all of them and concentrate on my statues. :)

They need to work as if they are a brand new company again & start from the ground up like you said.
It's the only way back for them IMO. Whether they can rediscover their passion for video games though is anyone's guess.

Hmm would it be Silent Hill?? ;)
Bingo! You win a coconut! :D Could you imagine a fully realised PT, or rather Silent Hills, suddenly coming out of left field? If done correctly it could be epic! :clap: Doubt it will ever happen though, but I can dream. :p
Around the £30 mark so not much cheaper than launch sadly.
I'm sure I've seen it here and there for about £25. You should check HUKD regularly as that will point you in the right direction.

Totally, although I am still after an all in one Multi Region player to free up a little space in the cabinet.
I totally get that. I wouldn't mind one myself. :p

Ha ha yeah, certainly nothing like I expected...I was in a shock I think when it had finished, never seen anything like it.
Same. It blew my socks well and truly off as it didn't hold back, lol. :laugh:

Yeah but long out of print & sadly now with a price tag to match the OOP status :(
Why doesn't that surprise me? :rolleyes:
Yeah heard there were other titles in the series but never read any of them, might have to hunt a few down
About 26 novels, some with 4 volumes. So just a bit. :p

Seems like a bizarre choice to not include it in anyway, still I do have the original to go back to if it is too bad ;)
I know without even watching it that it just won't feel right.

So much awesome Anime from the early 90's & some of it is still so good to watch
Only some? All of my old VHS collection is still great to watch. :cool:

Will let you know as soon as I see it.
Thanks. :smashin: I'm always interested in other fans opinions. :)

Ha ha well only that one
I bought it in Florida in 2000 & was one of the last tapes I ever bought...was moving to DVD then
I did have a VCR that could play back US Tapes, it's gone now but do still have a VCR that I'm hoping will play it
I only ever had UK tapes and I've kept my old VCR specially so I can still watch my old collection.

Same nothing tops the original, love it so much
The original felt so fresh at the time. The long awaited sequel was a good effort mind and I'd welcome more in the future.

No problems will do.
:thumbsup:

Yeah I saw that, interesting news.
I see Kevin Smith is on board to write it & it's set directly as a sequel to the original cartoon so hope it still has a filmation style about it rather that super updated like She-Ra
Super excited to see what it's like though
I wasn't aware it was going to be a sequel series, that's interesting.

Like you, I'd welcome a retro feel to the animation too, but I fear it may be all shiny, shiny as that style has a quicker turnaround. We'll see. I hope Mr. Smith does it justice.

Same on both counts.
You basically only rent the titles now until they decide to take it away from you
It blows. You are forever hearing about the demise of physical media, but I am going to cling to it for as long as it's available. I know others will too, especially collectors.

Yeah think it's a joke to be honest.
Why go to the effort of producing it in the first place if they are just going to pull access to it later down the line for whatever reason? It doesn't make sense. o_O

Ha ha probably not...he's still sealed in the box ;)
Will he get an airing at some point, or is he strictly a boxed only collectible?

I definitely don't have the photoshop skills for that
Shame. It would be perfect for you. :D

Hey...are you saying I have a problem ;):rotfl:
I'd like to plead the fifth m'lud, lol. :laugh:

The thing that curses us all.
I'm still grateful for what I've got mind. ;)
You'll get there & it will still be great when you do.
Yeah, I'll try and stay positive when the time comes. :)

HA ha, it's definitely going to be a while yet sadly.
That poor new neglected steelbook. Sitting there on your shelf making the doe eyes at you. Such a shame. :p

Ha ha, think that's my MCU viewings done for a little while now sadly :(
Squeeze Endgame in and then take a break. ;)

It's worth your time, it really is.
I believe you. I will get to it, honest. ;)

'If there's something strange in your Neighbourhood, who ya gonna call - Transformers!' :laugh:

There's only four months left in the year. Chop, chop! :D

I hadn't considered that, might have to crack it a little just for ventilation
Every little helps as the saying goes. :p

Hoping I haven't caused issues anywhere else now either.
For your sake I hope there are no further nasty surprises.

Yes thankfully...one wrecked Transformer is about all I can deal with lol
It was just the box though right? The figure itself is okay?

We'll see, would love to find one.
Fingers crossed for you. :)

Soundwave

Distinguished Member
That's true. Being able to swap games for £5-£10 was an absolute God send for us back in the day. :D
Ha ha yeah totally

Bemused One said:
Same here. The pain never really goes away, does it? :(:p
Nope still struggle with the change & that it's all behind me now
I really am someone who lives in the past

Bemused One said:
Best to fly solo. ;) Less ear ache, lol. :D
Ha ha absolutely, I couldn't deal with kids online at all

Bemused One said:
It's the right way to go about things if that's your passion. ;)
He was very serious about gaming...VERY SERIOUS lol
He always had the latest consoles at launch from Jpn

Bemused One said:
I got a bundle deal with Mario 64. :love: Talk about starting out the gate strong. :smashin:
It was certainly an impressive technical showcase for the Ninty Powerhouse

Bemused One said:
Are you wanting to catch up, or just check out his latest stash? :D
Catch up really
He's my last true friend from my school, known him since Jnr school way back in 1982 so losing touch still burns me to this day.
I have no other friends these days so trying to reconnect with ones I can would be very welcome

Bemused One said:
It would be a gamble for them I guess, but I hope they get the backing for it.
Same, would love to see it release AND do well

Bemused One said:
That's another good idea. They should hire you as part of the design team. :D
Ha ha would love that!!

Bemused One said:
You were at least guaranteed a final product with cartridge based games.
100%
I would be more than happy if new games faces a delay to get an actual final finished game at release...not that I buy anything at release that is ;) lol

Bemused One said:
I'd say Nintendo are the only ones these days who come close to releasing finished products from the outset, although they aren't completely immune to the odd patch either.
Same, at least they certainly seem to care more about the end product

Bemused One said:
I sometimes have to tear myself away after I get going, especially when you get back in to the swing of things. That part of me has never changed, lol. :laugh:
Ha ha I can be the same if a game really grabs me

Bemused One said:
There is something far worse than those blasted dogs waiting for you in the remake, but I'm not going to spoil it for you. ;)
Oh GOODY!! o_Oo_Oo_O

Bemused One said:
That's fair enough, but you can quite comfortably jump back in to 2 as it only has a tenuous link to the first via Claire's story.
Oh yeah I know, just the completist in me thinks I should try them in order again ;)

Bemused One said:
I was useless at aiming when I tried the first game a few years back. I just couldn't get to grips with it. I'm just more used to shooters on PC I guess.
Ha ha I still suck
I am the same...I can't play FPS on a controller at all
Mouse & Keyboard only
I can't operate both thumb sticks quickly enough to play a console based FPS at all

Bemused One said:
You are right about Afraid in the Dark technically being the first, but Resi had more reach because of the consoles and brought survival horror to the masses, which is why it's considered the grand daddy of the genre.
Absolutely
I still remember seeing Alone in the Dark & thinking this can't be anything freaky...I was wrong lol
I actually used to love the batch of FMV Horror adventures we had on the PC back in the day too, they were great cheesy fun :)

Bemused One said:
I was sorely tempted to get the Chris, Jill and Wesker figures from the fifth game a few years back and then the Leon and Ada figures a couple of years later, but chose to pass on all of them and concentrate on my statues. :)
Ah yeah forgot they had done Leon & Ada.
Still wouldn't mind a Leon, he would be cool.

Bemused One said:
It's the only way back for them IMO. Whether they can rediscover their passion for video games though is anyone's guess.
Yep & it's a very long way back too

Bemused One said:
Bingo! You win a coconut! :D Could you imagine a fully realised PT, or rather Silent Hills, suddenly coming out of left field? If done correctly it could be epic! :clap: Doubt it will ever happen though, but I can dream. :p
Ha ha thanks :)
I never got to enjoy PT & really wish I had
That's another thing lost to the ether as well...Konami have removed any trace of it
Would seriously love a new SH game though...I found my Wii game the other day...that was a weird one, but very good.

Bemused One said:
I'm sure I've seen it here and there for about £25. You should check HUKD regularly as that will point you in the right direction.
I'll keep an eye out for it, would love to smash about as Ken for a bit :)
I do actually have Kens Rage 2 for the PS3 & back in the day (before I sold it to fund the Hot Toys purchases) I had the Arc System Works 2D beat em up they made in collaboration with Sega for the PS2 & that was AMAZING
Super finishers were crazy good ;) lol

Bemused One said:
I totally get that. I wouldn't mind one myself. :p
Ha ha well they are available for around £160 brand new (multi region for BD & DVD)
I may well upgrade later in the year

Bemused One said:
Same. It blew my socks well and truly off as it didn't hold back, lol. :laugh:
Ha ha it had things I never EVER thought I'd see in an animated movie :eek::eek::eek:

Bemused One said:
Why doesn't that surprise me? :rolleyes:
Nature of the damned beast sadly :(
Quick Ebay search & they are pushing north of £30 including shipping from the states
Not horrific but that's £30 towards a figure or something.

Bemused One said:
About 26 novels, some with 4 volumes. So just a bit. :p
Holy crap!!
Never knew there was that much, I know I have one novel somewhere but never knew there was more.

Bemused One said:
I know without even watching it that it just won't feel right.
Oh jeez, not sounding promising :(

Bemused One said:
Only some? All of my old VHS collection is still great to watch. :cool:
Ha ha ok...all of them ;)

Bemused One said:
Thanks. :smashin: I'm always interested in other fans opinions. :)
I assume you will probably know my opinion if it's even half as bad as you say.

Bemused One said:
I only ever had UK tapes and I've kept my old VCR specially so I can still watch my old collection.
D was probably my only import tape to be honest...I just felt it was that important that I needed to have it when I saw it in Florida.

Bemused One said:
The original felt so fresh at the time. The long awaited sequel was a good effort mind and I'd welcome more in the future.
I won't lie as great as the sequel was I actually felt let down by it.
Not sure what it was but it just felt a little too distant from the D I loved
I enjoyed it but I haven't watched it anywhere near as much as I watched the original (can probably count total viewings on one hand)

Bemused One said:
I wasn't aware it was going to be a sequel series, that's interesting.
Yeah not really sure how it fits as I don't honestly remember if there was a logical conclusion to the original series??

Bemused One said:
Like you, I'd welcome a retro feel to the animation too, but I fear it may be all shiny, shiny as that style has a quicker turnaround. We'll see. I hope Mr. Smith does it justice.
As long as it's not too cartoony & has some grit to it I'd be happy.
The thing I find hard to understand is that it's pretty well known that Kevin Smith has said in record that he doesn't like He-Man so he does seem an odd fit, but I like his work so hopefully he'll do something good with it.

Bemused One said:
It blows. You are forever hearing about the demise of physical media, but I am going to cling to it for as long as it's available. I know others will too, especially collectors.
Absolutely
I will keep everything I can...for as long as I can
You will need to pry most of it from my cold dead hands ;) :laugh::laugh:

Bemused One said:
Why go to the effort of producing it in the first place if they are just going to pull access to it later down the line for whatever reason? It doesn't make sense. o_O
Yeah seems like a total waste.
I assume it's just because after time sales slow or stop altogether (once anyone with a passing interest in the title have bought it) & I guess they still have to pay Microsoft or Sony to host on the store so costs them money each month but recouping very little.
It's just a business decision at the end of the day...a sucky one but one none the less

Bemused One said:
Will he get an airing at some point, or is he strictly a boxed only collectible?
Well he's remained sealed since I got him for my 22nd birthday so would be a shame to break the seal now I guess ;)

Bemused One said:
Shame. It would be perfect for you. :D
Ha ha yeah it probably would ;)

Bemused One said:
I'd like to plead the fifth m'lud, lol. :laugh:
Lol ;)

Bemused One said:
I'm still grateful for what I've got mind. ;)
I would be too...If I had anything on display ;)

Bemused One said:
That poor new neglected steelbook. Sitting there on your shelf making the doe eyes at you. Such a shame. :p
Along with about another hundred movies I've still got to watch ;)

Bemused One said:
Squeeze Endgame in and then take a break. ;)
I'd love to but need Chloe away for an evening so I can crank the volume & sit back to enjoy it properly

Bemused One said:
I believe you. I will get to it, honest. ;)
So you should...it's a great movie.

Bemused One said:
'If there's something strange in your Neighbourhood, who ya gonna call - Transformers!' :laugh:
Ha ha, doesn't have quite the same ring though really does it?

Bemused One said:
There's only four months left in the year. Chop, chop! :D
AND nothing is likely to happen before the year ends either :(

Bemused One said:
Every little helps as the saying goes. :p
Certainly does, luckily though the weather has taken a turn & it's much cooler now so we should be ok :)

Bemused One said:
For your sake I hope there are no further nasty surprises.
Same here...hat to think what else might have suffered :(

Bemused One said:
It was just the box though right? The figure itself is okay?
Yeah just the box...but that was more than bad enough, since I had taken such good care of it until now :(

Bemused One said:
Fingers crossed for you. :)
Thanks man...my search has begun ;)

Neil

Bemused One

Distinguished Member
Nope still struggle with the change & that it's all behind me now
I really am someone who lives in the past
It may not surprise you to know I am much the same.

Ha ha absolutely, I couldn't deal with kids online at all
I've never taken to online gaming if I am honest. It's a good laugh if you have like minded friends to play along with, but other than that it's just not for me.

He was very serious about gaming...VERY SERIOUS lol
He always had the latest consoles at launch from Jpn
I've always admired the hardcore for their dedication to the hobby. I think they are mad, but I respect them for it, lol. :laugh:

It was certainly an impressive technical showcase for the Ninty Powerhouse
It's a timeless classic and showed how 3D platforming should be done.

Catch up really
He's my last true friend from my school, known him since Jnr school way back in 1982 so losing touch still burns me to this day.
True friends are really hard to come by, so I can appreciate how special that bond can be. I really hope you can track him down and pick up your friendship with him where you left off.

I have no other friends these days so trying to reconnect with ones I can would be very welcome
You've always got a pal here bud. :)

Same, would love to see it release AND do well
Have you saw their latest? Samurai Showdown? Looks great!

Ha ha would love that!!
:D

100%
I would be more than happy if new games faces a delay to get an actual final finished game at release...not that I buy anything at release that is ;) lol
I can't actually remember the last game I was able to just put in my console and play straight away. :thumbsdow

Like yourself, I'm happy enough to give a developer all the time they need if it helps them produce a more polished end product. Shame publishers can't be the same. :rolleyes:

I think the last game I purchased at launch was Zelda: The Wind Waker for Gamecube! :D

Same, at least they certainly seem to care more about the end product
It's one of the many things I respect them for and really appreciate.
Ha ha I can be the same if a game really grabs me
With games like that, you count the hours until you can get back on again, don't you? :p The last game that had me like that was Dying Light. You have no idea how pumped I am for the sequel. :D

Oh GOODY!! o_Oo_Oo_O
Yep, and you will come to dread it. That's all I'll say though. ;)

Oh yeah I know, just the completist in me thinks I should try them in order again ;)
You don't have the time to listen to your inner completist any more. After you are finished with Gears 3 get stuck in to the Resi 2 remake. Trust me, it's worth it. :)

Ha ha I still suck
I am the same...I can't play FPS on a controller at all
Mouse & Keyboard only
I can't operate both thumb sticks quickly enough to play a console based FPS at all
Keyboard and mouse just feels so natural for shooters and FPS games once you get used to it. It's hard to go back to controllers after that. It feels like a downgrade, lol.

Absolutely
I still remember seeing Alone in the Dark & thinking this can't be anything freaky...I was wrong lol
I only know Alone in the Dark by reputation. I never got to play any, sadly. :(

I actually used to love the batch of FMV Horror adventures we had on the PC back in the day too, they were great cheesy fun :)
Which were your favourites?

Ah yeah forgot they had done Leon & Ada.
Still wouldn't mind a Leon, he would be cool.
A few 1/6 scale statues would do me nicely. :D

Yep & it's a very long way back too
Here's hoping they can yet surprise us.

Ha ha thanks :)
I never got to enjoy PT & really wish I had
That's another thing lost to the ether as well...Konami have removed any trace of it
Would seriously love a new SH game though...I found my Wii game the other day...that was a weird one, but very good.
I never got to sample PT for myself either. :( I had to make do with watching play through's on YT. I know for sure I would have loved it and lament not downloading it when it was still available. :facepalm:

I really miss Silent Hill too. My favourite was the second game. How about you?

I heard good things about the Wii game you mentioned. I never owned that console though, so that's yet another title I missed out on. :thumbsdow
I'll keep an eye out for it, would love to smash about as Ken for a bit :)
I wouldn't mind cracking some skulls in Ken's shoes for a bit either. There's something quite cathartic about beat 'em ups. :D

I do actually have Kens Rage 2 for the PS3
Nice! :cool:

...& back in the day (before I sold it to fund the Hot Toys purchases) I had the Arc System Works 2D beat em up they made in collaboration with Sega for the PS2 & that was AMAZING
Super finishers were crazy good ;) lol
Woo...tell me more. This one slipped me by.

Ha ha well they are available for around £160 brand new (multi region for BD & DVD)
I may well upgrade later in the year
That's not bad. That's less than half the price of the 4K ones I've come across.

Ha ha it had things I never EVER thought I'd see in an animated movie :eek::eek::eek:
Ain't that the truth. I felt I needed a cigarette after watching it, lol. :laugh:

Nature of the damned beast sadly :(
We all know it well. :thumbsdow

Quick Ebay search & they are pushing north of £30 including shipping from the states
Not horrific but that's £30 towards a figure or something.
Ouch! :eek: I'd pass on it for that money and like you put it towards something else.
Holy crap!!
Never knew there was that much, I know I have one novel somewhere but never knew there was more.
Yep, you've got some catching up to do. ;)

Oh jeez, not sounding promising :(
As fails go you couldn't get more epic IMO. :facepalm:

Ha ha ok...all of them ;)
The old 'uns are still the best. ;)

I assume you will probably know my opinion if it's even half as bad as you say.
See what you make of it yourself. I’ll certainly be interested to read your feedback.
D was probably my only import tape to be honest...I just felt it was that important that I needed to have it when I saw it in Florida.
I would have done the very same. ;)

I won't lie as great as the sequel was I actually felt let down by it.
Not sure what it was but it just felt a little too distant from the D I loved
I enjoyed it but I haven't watched it anywhere near as much as I watched the original (can probably count total viewings on one hand)
I totally get where you are coming from. I wasn't expecting it to match the original though, so perhaps my expectations weren't as high as yours? I was still able to appreciate it for what it was though. It was just so good to see D in action again. :love:

Yeah not really sure how it fits as I don't honestly remember if there was a logical conclusion to the original series??
I remember very little from the original series other than most of the main players. I couldn't tell you one thing about any of the storylines now never mind whether or not the series even had any kind of conclusion. I wonder if we'll be treated to a refresher before the new series starts?

As long as it's not too cartoony & has some grit to it I'd be happy.
Totally agree.

The thing I find hard to understand is that it's pretty well known that Kevin Smith has said in record that he doesn't like He-Man so he does seem an odd fit, but I like his work so hopefully he'll do something good with it.
I didn't know that either. :blush: That's disappointing. Perhaps his appreciation will develop as they explore the lore more? I hope so, otherwise we won't have this new series for long.

Absolutely
I will keep everything I can...for as long as I can
You will need to pry most of it from my cold dead hands ;) :laugh::laugh:
High five, brother! :hiya::D

Yeah seems like a total waste.
I assume it's just because after time sales slow or stop altogether (once anyone with a passing interest in the title have bought it) & I guess they still have to pay Microsoft or Sony to host on the store so costs them money each month but recouping very little.
It's just a business decision at the end of the day...a sucky one but one none the less
I suppose it makes sense looking at it like that.

I guess the lesson is to be quick out of the gate when these classics are made download only.

Well he's remained sealed since I got him for my 22nd birthday so would be a shame to break the seal now I guess ;)
Understood. :cool:

Ha ha yeah it probably would ;)
If I had access to Photoshop I'd do it for you. :D

I would be too...If I had anything on display ;)
There's only one way to change that. ;)

Along with about another hundred movies I've still got to watch ;)
Are we going to have to have a chat about effective time management? :p

I'd love to but need Chloe away for an evening so I can crank the volume & sit back to enjoy it properly
Have you considered investing in some high quality headphones? That way you could watch it after your little 'un goes to bed? Or does the wife have to be out of the way too? Lol! :laugh::devil:
So you should...it's a great movie.
It's on the watch list. ;)

Ha ha, doesn't have quite the same ring though really does it?
It's the lesser known B-side hardly anyone has heard of. :p

AND nothing is likely to happen before the year ends either :(
Aww...:(

Certainly does, luckily though the weather has taken a turn & it's much cooler now so we should be ok :)
I like to give the loft a breather every now and then regardless of the weather. ;)

Same here...hat to think what else might have suffered :(
Try to stay optimistic. It may well just have been a bad one off.

Yeah just the box...but that was more than bad enough, since I had taken such good care of it until now :(
I totally get that.

Thanks man...my search has begun ;)
He dusts himself off, he's up and back in the game. :D

Last edited:

Matson

Distinguished Member
So I just got my first premium collectable. I was so lucky to be able to get this one as they sold out in November last year I believe. Only 99 made I got 87/99. I managed to get a cancelled order from specfiction and couldn't be happier with it. Its pricey but absolutely stunning and the likeness to Arnold in Terminator 2 just blows me away. Terminator 2 is one of my most loved films and the detail on this was just too much to pass up. I believe its medical grade silicone for the skin, real hair, real leather for the jacket. Definatly the center piece of my terminator collection. It was made by Queen Studios.

Here are some pictures of it.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg
10.jpg

Soundwave

Distinguished Member
It may not surprise you to know I am much the same.
Glad it's not just me
I'm getting worse with it as I get older as well lol

Bemused One said:
I've never taken to online gaming if I am honest. It's a good laugh if you have like minded friends to play along with, but other than that it's just not for me.
I've done online on the PC on some FPS but never touched it since I got to consoles & had to start paying

Bemused One said:
I've always admired the hardcore for their dedication to the hobby. I think they are mad, but I respect them for it, lol. :laugh:
Totally, they go all in & it's great to see some of the collections

Bemused One said:
It's a timeless classic and showed how 3D platforming should be done.
Often imitated but never bettered ;)

Bemused One said:
True friends are really hard to come by, so I can appreciate how special that bond can be. I really hope you can track him down and pick up your friendship with him where you left off.
So do I
Seems to have zero online presence from much googling & facebook stalking (via the wife ;) lol)

Bemused One said:
You've always got a pal here bud. :)
Thanks buddy, same here :)
I have a few of you online that I definitely class as my friends...you & @gam definitely in that list but sadly we are all so far apart :(

Bemused One said:
Have you saw their latest? Samurai Showdown? Looks great!
Yeah have seen that, should grab a copy really, was always a fan of the series back in the day

Bemused One said:
I can't actually remember the last game I was able to just put in my console and play straight away. :thumbsdow
Ha ha same, it's shocking really

Bemused One said:
Like yourself, I'm happy enough to give a developer all the time they need if it helps them produce a more polished end product. Shame publishers can't be the same. :rolleyes:
Yep all rushing to meet a deadline is crazy

Bemused One said:
I think the last game I purchased at launch was Zelda: The Wind Waker for Gamecube! :D
Ha ha I couldn't tell you mine at all

Bemused One said:
It's one of the many things I respect them for and really appreciate.
Yeah they may not be prolific with games these days but they certainly do them right

Bemused One said:
With games like that, you count the hours until you can get back on again, don't you? :p The last game that had me like that was Dying Light. You have no idea how pumped I am for the sequel. :D
Heard so many good things about Dying Light, I really should grab a copy one day.

Bemused One said:
Yep, and you will come to dread it. That's all I'll say though. ;)
Oh this sounds great...NOT!!!! :(

Bemused One said:
You don't have the time to listen to your inner completist any more. After you are finished with Gears 3 get stuck in to the Resi 2 remake. Trust me, it's worth it. :)
Ha ha I guess you are right there :(
Oh well maybe go back to them one day

Bemused One said:
Keyboard and mouse just feels so natural for shooters and FPS games once you get used to it. It's hard to go back to controllers after that. It feels like a downgrade, lol.
Ha ha too true, definitely not as natural

Bemused One said:
I only know Alone in the Dark by reputation. I never got to play any, sadly. :(
They were good for their time, most likely haven't aged well though

Bemused One said:
Which were your favourites?
Most of them lol
I enjoyed the Sierra ones like Phantasmagoria & Gabriel Knight
But think my favourite was Ripper because it featured Christopher Walken :)
Also not horror but the Wing Commander FMV ones were amazing.
Space based flight sims with Mark Hammill, Malcom McDowell, John Rhys Davies & Tim Curry!!
What was not to love :)

Bemused One said:
A few 1/6 scale statues would do me nicely. :D
Same

Bemused One said:
Here's hoping they can yet surprise us.
We can only hope

Bemused One said:
I never got to sample PT for myself either. :( I had to make do with watching play through's on YT. I know for sure I would have loved it and lament not downloading it when it was still available. :facepalm:

I really miss Silent Hill too. My favourite was the second game. How about you?

I heard good things about the Wii game you mentioned. I never owned that console though, so that's yet another title I missed out on. :thumbsdow
I would have been in bits I think if I had played it first hand based on how creepy PT looked
Yep same number 2 for me...absolutely pinnacle of the series

The Wii game is an interesting take & worth trying if you ever get the chance

Bemused One said:
I wouldn't mind cracking some skulls in Ken's shoes for a bit either. There's something quite cathartic about beat 'em ups. :D
Oh yes something fun in battering people about ;)

Bemused One said:
It's definitely not a bad entry into the Fist series
Good cheap fun

Bemused One said:
Woo...tell me more. This one slipped me by.
Let me look up some You Tube vids later...they can show you much better than I can explain ;)

Bemused One said:
That's not bad. That's less than half the price of the 4K ones I've come across.
Going to order myself a new one soon, could get rid of 2 boxes on the TV stand that way ;)

Bemused One said:
Ain't that the truth. I felt I needed a cigarette after watching it, lol. :laugh:
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Bemused One said:
We all know it well. :thumbsdow
Yeah & getting worse as it goes

Bemused One said:
Ouch! :eek: I'd pass on it for that money and like you put it towards something else.
Yep half a Transformer figure at the moment :)

Bemused One said:
Yep, you've got some catching up to do. ;)
Ha ha much investigating to do

Bemused One said:
As fails go you couldn't get more epic IMO. :facepalm:
Certainly sounds like one of the worst

Bemused One said:
The old 'uns are still the best. ;)
Absolutely...still very few compare to the experience I had of the old titles

Bemused One said:
See what you make of it yourself. I’ll certainly be interested to read your feedback.
I'll get round to it ASAP

Bemused One said:
I would have done the very same. ;)
Some things are just worth buying more than a few times ;)

Bemused One said:
I totally get where you are coming from. I wasn't expecting it to match the original though, so perhaps my expectations weren't as high as yours? I was still able to appreciate it for what it was though. It was just so good to see D in action again. :love:
Oh yeah I was more than happy to see D back
I enjoyed it but the original just feel better

Bemused One said:
I remember very little from the original series other than most of the main players. I couldn't tell you one thing about any of the storylines now never mind whether or not the series even had any kind of conclusion. I wonder if we'll be treated to a refresher before the new series starts?
Don't really feel there was a coherent linear story in the original & it was just a weekly story of the day thing.
Will be interested to see where it goes from there though.

Bemused One said:
Totally agree.
Got my fingers crossed

Bemused One said:
I didn't know that either. :blush: That's disappointing. Perhaps his appreciation will develop as they explore the lore more? I hope so, otherwise we won't have this new series for long.
Yeah seemed an odd choice but his comic writing skills are great so hopefully it all translates well to the cartoon.

Bemused One said:
I suppose it makes sense looking at it like that.
It's the only real reason I can think of tbh

Bemused One said:
I guess the lesson is to be quick out of the gate when these classics are made download only.
Ha ha yeah...need to keep a surplus of Microsoft or Sony credit in stock just in case

Bemused One said:
Understood. :cool:
I'm still very much a MISB collector ;)

Bemused One said:
If I had access to Photoshop I'd do it for you. :D
Ha ha, should be glad you don't then really ;)

Bemused One said:
There's only one way to change that. ;)

La la la not listening ;)

Bemused One said:
Are we going to have to have a chat about effective time management? :p
We can try...not sure it will work ;)

Bemused One said:
Have you considered investing in some high quality headphones? That way you could watch it after your little 'un goes to bed? Or does the wife have to be out of the way too? Lol! :laugh::devil:
Not sure I can connect Headphones to the TV or the Soundbar??
Plus we only have one telly so to watch anything missus has to want to see it too :(

Bemused One said:
It's on the watch list. ;)
Now where have I heard that before ;)

Bemused One said:
It's the lesser known B-side hardly anyone has heard of. :p
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Bemused One said:
I know :(

Bemused One said:
I like to give the loft a breather every now and then regardless of the weather. ;)
Ha ha I could spend whole days up there given the chance ;)

Bemused One said:
Try to stay optimistic. It may well just have been a bad one off.
I hope so

Bemused One said:
I totally get that.
Yeah really hard to take to be honest :(

Bemused One said:
He dusts himself off, he's up and back in the game. :D
Ha ha ha did you expect anything else :)

Neil

scatterbug

For those who were kids when A New Hope was released, the Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars figures were a must own at the time. I always regret selling all of my 'collection' when I was about 13/14 - for £5.

So these are pure nostalgia without having to pay £hundreds/thousands for the originals.

Update: Darth Vader 'prototype' Target exclusive figure and Escape From the Death Star board game (with Tarkin figure) added.

Last edited:

Soundwave

Distinguished Member
For those who were kids when A New Hope was released, the Palitoy/Kenner Star Wars figures were a must own at the time. I always regret selling all of my 'collection' when I was about 13/14 - for £5.

So these are pure nostalgia without having to pay £hundreds/thousands for the originals:

I had seen those were coming & they are looking awesome
Even love that they have the Kenner logo on them & that the cards are weathered to look old

Awesome buy dude & glad you are pleased to have them

I can also sympathize with the selling of old collections
When I was about 13/14 I too sold up my entire toy collections at boot sales to fund my gaming instead
I had huge collections of Transformers, M.A.S.K, Turtles & GI Joe that were all sold for pennies
Regret it now more than anything

Neil

scatterbug

They would be perfect if they had the Palitoy logo and I'm undecided on the weathering. The large retro sticker can be removed.

Yeah, when you're a kid any money earned is appreciated. I don't really collect anything but jumped at these when I saw them. I hope wave two includes some of the other figures I used to have.

inzaman

I am half tempted with the retro Star Wars, especially as the sticker can be removed but i am just not sure about the weathered look.
I have a good few ROTJ original carded figures and these could complement them - where did you pick them up as a multicard purchase?

scatterbug

From Star Action Figures. However, they're saying the next set of preorders won't arrive until early next year.

Garrett

The Beta Ray I really want is the museum statue at the top of your pics, I absolutely adore that & it would look amazing with the Thor Museum one as well.

Beta Ray is just about my best Marvel character I think he's amazing

I'm so gutted I missed out on him, prices are silly now :(

No...not yet ;)
A bit lot late but there was a full episode in The Avengers Earth Mightest Heros.

Soundwave

Distinguished Member
A bit lot late but there was a full episode in The Avengers Earth Mightest Heros.
Ha ha it's cool always happy to see you back :)

Thanks for the link, I have seen that episode, really happy to see Beta Ray in any form :)

I'm not sure if you have seen but I was lucky enough to get hold of a Bowen Beta Ray Bill statue last year & I absolutely love him

20180730_184357_zpsml34gfji.jpg
20180730_184710_zpszz93wuzp.jpg
20180730_184802_zpsizgwdlnl.jpg
20180730_184813_zpsjmrkevpf.jpg

Honestly thought I'd never find one for a good price but stumbled on him at a convention for £200 which was just a little over original retail :)

Now I'm trying to see if there is anyway I can get the XM version ;)

Neil

Garrett

Ha ha it's cool always happy to see you back :)

Thanks for the link, I have seen that episode, really happy to see Beta Ray in any form :)

I'm not sure if you have seen but I was lucky enough to get hold of a Bowen Beta Ray Bill statue last year & I absolutely love him

View attachment 1202224View attachment 1202225View attachment 1202226View attachment 1202227

Honestly thought I'd never find one for a good price but stumbled on him at a convention for £200 which was just a little over original retail :)

Now I'm trying to see if there is anyway I can get the XM version ;)

Neil
Nice, I think the prices of Bowen statues use to be sub £100 for museum poses then seemed to go up to round £135. And goodness knows how much I paid for the larger statues like Bowen's Thanos or my Thor which I bought the museum pose, then the action pose came out and loved so got that.
BTW seen that episode about 6 times as its my favorite cartoon series.
Thor Action Bowen.jpg

Bemused One

Distinguished Member
Glad it's not just me
I'm getting worse with it as I get older as well lol
The nostalgia is strong because everything was just much better back in the day. ;)

I've done online on the PC on some FPS but never touched it since I got to consoles & had to start paying
Yep, it's free to play or nothing for me, lol.

Totally, they go all in & it's great to see some of the collections
It is indeed. There's an abundance of them on YT. I envy the space they have more than anything, lol.

Often imitated but never bettered ;)
You are so right. Wish I'd kept my copy of it. :(

So do I
Seems to have zero online presence from much googling & facebook stalking (via the wife ;) lol)
I commend your commitment to this search. I hope you get a lead at some point. :)

Thanks buddy, same here :)
I have a few of you online that I definitely class as my friends...you & @gam definitely in that list but sadly we are all so far apart :(
I am honoured, sir. I feel the very same about you and @gam. I am genuinely pleased to have met you both on here. :thumbsup:

You never know about a meet up. I can foresee @gam and I having to come to yours to set up that display for you, lol. :laugh:

Yeah have seen that, should grab a copy really, was always a fan of the series back in the day
Sub £20 would be ideal. :D

Yeah they may not be prolific with games these days but they certainly do them right
Sadly, they seem to be slipping on the hardware side of things these days. :thumbsdow

Heard so many good things about Dying Light, I really should grab a copy one day.
One of the few FPS I can actually play on a console without too much trouble. I absolutely loved it and couldn't recommend it highly enough. I'm planning on going back to it soon.

Oh this sounds great...NOT!!!! :(
I wish I could be there to see the look on your face when it's revealed. :D

Ha ha I guess you are right there :(
Oh well maybe go back to them one day
Although I'm just keen for you to get stuck in to the Resi 2 remake, don't let me influence you if gunning through Zero and the original remake is what you really want to do. How are you at speed runs? :p

Ha ha too true, definitely not as natural
Don't get me wrong, I get by on console, I'm just far less accurate, lol.

They were good for their time, most likely haven't aged well though
I'm sure you are right. They've tried rebooting the franchise a few times, but not with much success.

Most of them lol
I enjoyed the Sierra ones like Phantasmagoria & Gabriel Knight
But think my favourite was Ripper because it featured Christopher Walken :)
Also not horror but the Wing Commander FMV ones were amazing.
Space based flight sims with Mark Hammill, Malcom McDowell, John Rhys Davies & Tim Curry!!
What was not to love :)
Wing Commander is the series that immediately popped in to my mind when you mentioned these kind of games. The cast alone were worth the entry price.

We can only hope
Have you seen the reviews for the new 'Contra'? A complete dumpster fire with no redeeming qualities is about the gist.

I would have been in bits I think if I had played it first hand based on how creepy PT looked
Those are the best kind of experiences. :D

Yep same number 2 for me...absolutely pinnacle of the series
I'm proud to say I actually held on to that one. :)

The Wii game is an interesting take & worth trying if you ever get the chance
I'd welcome the opportunity to play it, but I haven't owned anything Nintendo since the Gamecube days.

Oh yes something fun in battering people about ;)
Especially in Kenshiro's unique style. ;)

It's definitely not a bad entry into the Fist series
Good cheap fun
Sounds good. I'll look up a walkthrough on YT to get a taster.

Let me look up some You Tube vids later...they can show you much better than I can explain ;)
Got any links for me then?

Going to order myself a new one soon, could get rid of 2 boxes on the TV stand that way ;)
Which one are going for?

Yeah & getting worse as it goes
Hate it so much! :mad:

Yep half a Transformer figure at the moment :)
There you go and you are hardly lacking options for them. ;)

Ha ha much investigating to do
So worth it.

Certainly sounds like one of the worst
I'd just like to know why? Why do it?

Absolutely...still very few compare to the experience I had of the old titles
Which newer titles have you found that do?

I'll get round to it ASAP
Have you watched it yet?

Some things are just worth buying more than a few times ;)
Absolutely.

Oh yeah I was more than happy to see D back
I hope we get more in future.

I enjoyed it but the original just feel better
Agreed.

Don't really feel there was a coherent linear story in the original & it was just a weekly story of the day thing.
Will be interested to see where it goes from there though.
A more structured approach with some satisfying story arcs would be welcome.

Got my fingers crossed
Same and toes, lol.

Yeah seemed an odd choice but his comic writing skills are great so hopefully it all translates well to the cartoon.
I'm feeling cautiously optimistic.

Ha ha yeah...need to keep a surplus of Microsoft or Sony credit in stock just in case
Perhaps that's what they are hoping for?

I'm still very much a MISB collector ;)
Nothing wrong with that. ;)

Ha ha, should be glad you don't then really ;)
I'd do you proud, honest. :p

La la la not listening ;)

We can try...not sure it will work ;)
Taking the above into consideration, I think you might be right. :laugh:

Not sure I can connect Headphones to the TV or the Soundbar??
They usually have a socket for it.

Plus we only have one telly so to watch anything missus has to want to see it too :(
Is your good lady not that fussed on the MCU?

Now where have I heard that before ;)
Dunno, where? :p

Ha ha I could spend whole days up there given the chance ;)
Or, you could spend days on some kind of project that sorely needs attention. Something involving figures, statues and tall, long glass things to keep them in perhaps. ;)

Ha ha ha did you expect anything else :)
Anything else would have been a shock. ;) I'm just glad you've bounced back. :)

rebel_scum

Distinguished Member
I've gone the other way, to a degree.

I haven't bought any 1/6 scaled figures in years, preferring 1/4 scale and even the odd statue.

That changed recently, when I picked up VTS Toys' Stallone Judge Dredd:

This ballooned into picking up a Hot Toys Justice League Wonder Woman, (which I love):

And now I'm waiting a BvS Batman being delivered.

*gulp*

Soundwave

Distinguished Member
Nice, I think the prices of Bowen statues use to be sub £100 for museum poses then seemed to go up to round £135. And goodness knows how much I paid for the larger statues like Bowen's Thanos or my Thor which I bought the museum pose, then the action pose came out and loved so got that.
BTW seen that episode about 6 times as its my favorite cartoon series.
View attachment 1202238
Wow they were that cheap?
Collectibles Direct have Bill priced up at over £200 so I think by the time he hit prices had been creeping up steadily, still for a grail piece like Bill I'm more than happy with what I paid.
Now I'm trying to find the Asgardian armour Museum pose Thor to pair with him ;)

That action pose Thor is nice certainly wouldn't turn him down lol

Yeah I've seen it a few times, did enjoy the Earths Mightiest heroes show, felt it did a lot right
Think it needs a rewatch soon ;)

Neil

Garrett

Collectibles Direct have Bill priced up at over £200 so I think by the time he hit prices had been creeping up steadily, still for a grail piece like Bill I'm more than happy with what I paid.
Now I'm trying to find the Asgardian armour Museum pose Thor to pair with him ;)

That action pose Thor is nice certainly wouldn't turn him down lol

Yeah I've seen it a few times, did enjoy the Earths Mightiest heroes show, felt it did a lot right
Think it needs a rewatch soon ;)

Neil
I think the first full size Scarlet Witch was about £85-£95 and passed as I though the face looked like Joan Allen(who I never seen before) in Face Off who looked house wifey in it, and seen he since in stuff and not bad looking at all, and the price on that statue skyrocketed.:facepalm:
I sometimes think they make the faces like stars(Not just the ones based on films).

Soundwave

Distinguished Member
I think the first full size Scarlet Witch was about £85-£95 and passed as I though the face looked like Joan Allen(who I never seen before) in Face Off who looked house wifey in it, and seen he since in stuff and not bad looking at all, and the price on that statue skyrocketed.:facepalm:
I sometimes think they make the faces like stars(Not just the ones based on films).
Don't think I had ever seen one at retail under £150.00
Would still like to add a Captain Britain to my collection as well

Yeah a lot of people on Sideshow Forums tend to point out that a lot look like famous faces.
I reckon most sculptors have a vision in mind when creating their statues so I think likenesses are bound to be there

Neil

Garrett

I've gone the other way, to a degree.

I haven't bought any 1/6 scaled figures in years, preferring 1/4 scale and even the odd statue.

That changed recently, when I picked up VTS Toys' Stallone Judge Dredd:

This ballooned into picking up a Hot Toys Justice League Wonder Woman, (which I love):

And now I'm waiting a BvS Batman being delivered.

*gulp*
From the base up to the neck I thought it was mine until I checked the base and face. Ist that real hair on her?

Soundwave

Distinguished Member
The nostalgia is strong because everything was just much better back in the day. ;)
Ha ha too true

Bemused One said:
Yep, it's free to play or nothing for me, lol.
Same ;)

Bemused One said:
It is indeed. There's an abundance of them on YT. I envy the space they have more than anything, lol.
Absolutely the size of some collections are frankly obscene

Bemused One said:
You are so right. Wish I'd kept my copy of it. :(
It was such a gem of a game

Bemused One said:
I commend your commitment to this search. I hope you get a lead at some point. :)
Ha ha me too :)

Bemused One said:
I am honoured, sir. I feel the very same about you and @gam. I am genuinely pleased to have met you both on here. :thumbsup:
You're welcome, I have more in depth discusions with you two than anyone else ;)
No one else is into the same things so you have both become my go to ;)

Bemused One said:
You never know about a meet up. I can foresee @gam and I having to come to yours to set up that display for you, lol. :laugh:
Ha ha you jest but it might end up that way ;)

Bemused One said:
Sub £20 would be ideal. :D
Ha ha same

Bemused One said:
One of the few FPS I can actually play on a console without too much trouble. I absolutely loved it and couldn't recommend it highly enough. I'm planning on going back to it soon.
Will look into hunting a copy down soon

Bemused One said:
I wish I could be there to see the look on your face when it's revealed. :D
Ha ha that good huh??

Bemused One said:
Although I'm just keen for you to get stuck in to the Resi 2 remake, don't let me influence you if gunning through Zero and the original remake is what you really want to do. How are you at speed runs? :p
Oh I won't worry with Zero, was never really that fussed with that one back in the day anyway
Ha ha I have never done speed run in my life.

Bemused One said:
Don't get me wrong, I get by on console, I'm just far less accurate, lol.
Oh not me, I'm so slow with my aiming that I'm normally dead before I get lined up for a shot :(

Bemused One said:
I'm sure you are right. They've tried rebooting the franchise a few times, but not with much success.
One best left alone I think

Bemused One said:
Wing Commander is the series that immediately popped in to my mind when you mentioned these kind of games. The cast alone were worth the entry price.
Yeah that was a blockbuster worthy cast & to be fair it felt like it was aiming to be just that.
Amazing games

Bemused One said:
Have you seen the reviews for the new 'Contra'? A complete dumpster fire with no redeeming qualities is about the gist.
Lol yep, one to avoid like the plague ;)

Bemused One said:
Those are the best kind of experiences. :D
Absolutely

Bemused One said:
I'm proud to say I actually held on to that one. :)
Ah jealous...I traded mine in :(

Bemused One said:
I'd welcome the opportunity to play it, but I haven't owned anything Nintendo since the Gamecube days.
Well if you can find a cheap console I would recommend it just for a few games

Bemused One said:
Especially in Kenshiro's unique style. ;)
Ha ha yeah always fun

Bemused One said:
Sounds good. I'll look up a walkthrough on YT to get a taster.
I recommend it

Bemused One said:
Got any links for me then?
Lol I forgot, will try again tonight :)

Bemused One said:
Which one are going for?
I think I'll look at a Panasonic 4K version to be fair
The extra cost means I could retire the X-Box One S for movie duties that way

Bemused One said:
Hate it so much! :mad:
Same

Bemused One said:
There you go and you are hardly lacking options for them. ;)
Oh definitely not...could list off about 10 I want at the moment ;)

Bemused One said:
So worth it.
Will definitely have a look

Bemused One said:
I'd just like to know why? Why do it?
Especially when a perfectly good 'Dub already exists

Bemused One said:
Which newer titles have you found that do?
Hmm that's a question.
Most are long running series but there are a few...

Fairy Tail
Bleach
Black Clover
Full Metal Alchemist
My Hero Academia
Attack on Titan
Sword Art Online

Can't think of many short OVA style series though that have had an affect on me.

Bemused One said:
Have you watched it yet?
What do you think??? ;)

Bemused One said:
I hope we get more in future.
Sadly not sure he's in favour enough these days to get any more converted to movies :(

Bemused One said:
A more structured approach with some satisfying story arcs would be welcome.
That would work really well, bit more like the 2000 series

Bemused One said:
Same and toes, lol.
Ha ha makes it awkward to walk though ;)

Bemused One said:
I'm feeling cautiously optimistic.
Same

Bemused One said:
Perhaps that's what they are hoping for?
Ha ha wouldn't surprise me

Bemused One said:
Nothing wrong with that. ;)
Nope I don't think so either, but some things definitely need to be on show ;)

Bemused One said:
I'd do you proud, honest. :p
Ha ha sure you would ;)

Bemused One said:
Taking the above into consideration, I think you might be right. :laugh:
I'm rarely wrong ;)

Bemused One said:
They usually have a socket for it.
Will have to look...will need a damn long cable though ;)

Bemused One said:
Is your good lady not that fussed on the MCU?
Oh no she quite enjoys them which is why we need to watch them together, she's seen them all with me so far, would be unfair to change that now.

Bemused One said:
Or, you could spend days on some kind of project that sorely needs attention. Something involving figures, statues and tall, long glass things to keep them in perhaps. ;)
No idea what you mean ;)

Bemused One said:
Anything else would have been a shock. ;) I'm just glad you've bounced back. :)
Made of a very bouncy rubber me...I do lots of bouncing back ;) lol

Neil

Bemused One

Distinguished Member
Absolutely the size of some collections are frankly obscene
Awesome though, eh? :D

It was such a gem of a game
Have you saw the vids on YT where some chap has remade sections of the game in Unreal Engine 4? Such great work. I highly recommend a watch whenever you have the time. ;)

See here for a taster.

You're welcome, I have more in depth discusions with you two than anyone else ;)
No one else is into the same things so you have both become my go to ;)
Such kind words. Reciprocated whole heartedly. :) I thoroughly enjoy our exchanges and banter too.

I must confess I'm getting a little concerned about @gam. He hasn't been online for a while. Hope he is okay.

Ha ha you jest but it might end up that way ;)
Always happy to help if needs be. ;)

Will look into hunting a copy down soon
Make sure you get the Enhanced Edition as that includes The Following dlc. It's a more complete package. :smashin:

Ha ha that good huh??
Oh yes. :cool: You will come to dread it. :D

Oh I won't worry with Zero, was never really that fussed with that one back in the day anyway
Really? I thought it made for a worthy entry in the series. I enjoyed it. The original remake is better mind and it shouldn't take you long to get through it if that's the path you really want to take.

Just so you know, the Resi 2 remake can be had for under £20 now. ;)

Ha ha I have never done speed run in my life.
Neither have I! :laugh: I like to take in all the scenery and fine details when I'm playing any game. :D

Oh not me, I'm so slow with my aiming that I'm normally dead before I get lined up for a shot :(
Come now, you can't be that bad if you've managed your way through the Gears games. ;) How are you getting on with 3 by the way?

One best left alone I think
If the attempted reboots are anything to go by I agree.

You know one I'd love to see return? Nightmare Creatures, remember that?

Yeah that was a blockbuster worthy cast & to be fair it felt like it was aiming to be just that.
Amazing games
It's a wonder they never made any movies from it. They created plenty of lore they could have explored more.

Lol yep, one to avoid like the plague ;)
It's clear Konami just don't care any more, which makes me sad. :(

Absolutely
I remember when I played through Dead Space for the first time on Xbox 360. Playing in the dark with headphones on for maximum effect, I had to peel myself out of my leather chair after each session. :laugh: The experience was terrifying and I absoltely loved it. :D

Ah jealous...I traded mine in :(
Sorry to read that. It's one of the titles I just can't let go.

Well if you can find a cheap console I would recommend it just for a few games
Maybe it will pop up on the eshop at some stage?

Ha ha yeah always fun
This never gets old:-

:D

I recommend it
Having watched a bit of a playthrough I can see why. I had a big grin on my face watching it, lol.

Lol I forgot, will try again tonight :)
Just whenever is convenient, buddy.

I think I'll look at a Panasonic 4K version to be fair
The extra cost means I could retire the X-Box One S for movie duties that way
I've read good things about Panny's disc players. Which exact model are you looking at?

A dedicated player should do a better job for your discs than your console. ;)

Oh definitely not...could list off about 10 I want at the moment ;)
That doesn't surprise me one bit. :D

Especially when a perfectly good 'Dub already exists
I just wish they would leave the classics as is and just focus on producing a pristine remaster each time.

Hmm that's a question.
Most are long running series but there are a few...

Fairy Tail
Bleach
Black Clover
Full Metal Alchemist
My Hero Academia
Attack on Titan
Sword Art Online

Can't think of many short OVA style series though that have had an affect on me.
Many thanks for that list. :smashin: Gives me plenty of options to look in to.

The only more recent OVA that picqued my interest was Captain Harlock. I was tempted to get it on steelbook when it was available, but never got around to it. It was probably the mixed reviews that held me back.

What do you think??? ;)
Your watch list backlog must be massive, lol. :laugh:

Sadly not sure he's in favour enough these days to get any more converted to movies :(
It's been so long since Bloodlust I fear you may be right. :( Still, I'm not going to give up all hope.

That would work really well, bit more like the 2000 series
They could take a lot of inspiration from the 2000 series. Here's hoping the new series lasts longer.

Ha ha makes it awkward to walk though ;)
I didn't think that one through enough, did I? lol. :p Okay, how about only crossing them just when you are sitting down? ;)

Nope I don't think so either, but some things definitely need to be on show ;)
I could say something cheeky here, but I will refrain...this time. :D

Will have to look...will need a damn long cable though ;)
Extension cables are a must. Or you could always try the bluetooth headphones/reciever route. ;)

Oh no she quite enjoys them which is why we need to watch them together, she's seen them all with me so far, would be unfair to change that now.
Aww...that's nice.

No idea what you mean ;)

Made of a very bouncy rubber me...I do lots of bouncing back ;) lol
That's a good way to be. ;)

gam

Such kind words. Reciprocated whole heartedly. :) I thoroughly enjoy our exchanges and banter too.

I must confess I'm getting a little concerned about @gam. He hasn't been online for a while. Hope he is okay.
Like a bad smell, still hanging around :hiya:

Kept getting waylaid but have been browsing the forums more on the ipad so haven't been on the pc as much lately

........BTW did you come accross this one, he's been lowering the price that must be around the patented @Bemused One price point by now - DC DESIGNER SERIES: RED HOOD BY KENNETH ROCAFORT 1/6 SCALE STATUE Batman | eBay

Don't think I had ever seen one at retail under £150.00
As @Garrett says the earlier phases for them were a lot cheaper, helped a lot as the exchange rate was around 2USD to 1GBP back then. I mostly got them from the US and even with shipping/customs they were still under £100. The last few years of them the prices escalated quickly which was aided with the decline of the exchange rate

gam

Bit of re-arranging and a couple of new additions -

Picked up B&W Batgirl I had been keeping an eye out for, one came up for a good price so had to click the buy button
BWBatgirl.jpg

Silvestri Batman B&W statue also arrived a few weeks ago, don't get me wrong I like it but was a little disappointed as the finish is a bit rougher looking than I was expecting...... could/should have been better IMO
BWBats.jpg

Had a change of thought were to put them. Not sure if they will stay here long term or if I'll go back to putting them were I was originaly going to put them but they are currently in front of the Arkham statues.......oh and moved a few of the LOTR ones around too, now have some more space for new things elsewhere
ArkBWBats.jpg

With the talk about the Bowens it inspired me to have a minor rearrange of them too...... still can't fit Rogue anywhere near these due to her height so she's still elsewhere
BowenR.jpg
BowenL.jpg

The Cover Girls also found a home
IMG_0077.jpg
IMG_0078.jpg

And although its a bit of a marmite piece one of my long term favourite pieces has been moved back into one of my more premium display locations to the right of the sofa
X23.1.jpg
X23.2.jpg

Mensy

Distinguished Member
Anyone thinking of selling a superman piece one day ? or know where i can get one thats not super expensive ?

Trending threads

Latest news

Sky TV offers cheaper Sky Q box with updated features
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Fyne Audio unveils its first home install loudspeaker line up
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Best TVs of 2019 - Editor's Choice Awards
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
AVForums Podcast: 18th November 2019