Quantcast

Collectors Figures (Picture Heavy) - Part 3

Soundwave

Distinguished Member
Not her final placing
Yeah I did start paying for the p1 this month
I heard he was a bit forgetful from someone not sure what going on View attachment 1183882View attachment 1183883View attachment 1183884View attachment 1183885View attachment 1183886View attachment 1183887View attachment 1183888
Ha ha I should hope not, pretty sure it would be awkward at dinner times ;)

Still not 100% sold on her as any type of improvement on the V1
The faces still don't look great to me
She does make for an impressive pose though...these new action poses they are going for are pretty good

Expensive few months coming up now then ;) lol

Yeah seems he just went quiet, last time I emailed him he responded straight away but haven't tried again since.
Hopefully it's just a blip

Congrats again on the new purchase :)

Neil

Our Year

Distinguished Member
Ha ha I should hope not, pretty sure it would be awkward at dinner times ;)

Still not 100% sold on her as any type of improvement on the V1
The faces still don't look great to me
She does make for an impressive pose though...these new action poses they are going for are pretty good

Expensive few months coming up now then ;) lol

Yeah seems he just went quiet, last time I emailed him he responded straight away but haven't tried again since.
Hopefully it's just a blip

Congrats again on the new purchase :)

Neil
had a slight problem the email said i still owed money on her but i paid dd ..he was very quick answering and had it sorted quickly
yeah 15 months of payments lol
cheers :)

Soundwave

Distinguished Member
had a slight problem the email said i still owed money on her but i paid dd ..he was very quick answering and had it sorted quickly
yeah 15 months of payments lol
cheers :)
Lol going to be worth it in the end.

Still trying to see if I can do anything with a budget to get the Lee Bermejo Joker
But then they have just shown the Batman companion piece too...not looking good for me ;) lol

Our Year

Distinguished Member
Lol going to be worth it in the end.

Still trying to see if I can do anything with a budget to get the Lee Bermejo Joker
But then they have just shown the Batman companion piece too...not looking good for me ;) lol
ahh that a beauty sold out on cduk i see but bats is q1 21 plenty of time to pay ;)

Soundwave

Distinguished Member
Yeah still available on Statuesque / Movie Figures etc.

Lol yeah but even due then I'm looking at just around £100 a month which is a good chunk of change for 15 months.

Hoping I can free up some cash to do a big deposit or something to keep the costs down

Neil

Our Year

Distinguished Member
Yeah still available on Statuesque / Movie Figures etc.

Lol yeah but even due then I'm looking at just around £100 a month which is a good chunk of change for 15 months.

Hoping I can free up some cash to do a big deposit or something to keep the costs down

Neil
yeah mine is 95 a month :(
as you say a big chunk

Soundwave

Distinguished Member
Definitely, I'm hoping for a new car in the new year & that's probably around half to a 3rd of what I'm looking to spend per month on a car! :eek:

I know which I'll get past SWMBO easier ;) :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Our Year

Distinguished Member
Definitely, I'm hoping for a new car in the new year & that's probably around half to a 3rd of what I'm looking to spend per month on a car! :eek:

I know which I'll get past SWMBO easier ;) :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
haha she just looked at me today ok where is that going I said in front room
If looks could kill and expletives lol

Soundwave

Distinguished Member
haha she just looked at me today ok where is that going I said in front room
If looks could kill and expletives lol
Ha ha yep mine glares daggers at me, literally there is nothing in the collection that she is happy with me buying these days

Soundwave

Distinguished Member
Ha ha no & I think that's the point...if it was spent on her she wouldn't care ;)

Bemused One

Distinguished Member
Thats not a complete set, theres two corners free if you look at the pic. One behind Catwoman and one in front of Penguin. If memory serves the other two are to be Mr Freeze and Deadshot
I didn't know that. I approve of the selection of villains they've gone for. :smashin: I look forward to seeing the complete set together. :)

I can't lie, I found plenty mentioning the global shipping program with a quick search but spent a little more time than I should have finding that one :devil:
I thank you for your honesty and hate you for your wickedness! :nono::p

I'm guessing that price on release and would be a reasonable saving on rrp...
I agree, it's a fair little saving off the rrp and one I'm prepared to consider. Let's see what happens when he drops. ;)

...but as you know with these DC pieces its a gamble which ones hang around for long enough to be reduced even further or end up going away up in price
Very true. It's hard to gauge when is best to jump in. It's all part of the game though. ;)

Going by the last few I've been keeping an eye on they have appeared on the Friday before release date and sold out over the weekend although he has listed more each time later in the week.... so if its a price your happy with you may need to be quick ;)
Thanks for all this info mate, much appreciated. :smashin:

I've bookmarked the statue section of his webpage on eBay and will be watching it like a hawk. If the initial price is right, I may well pounce. :D

Now we're talkin' :clap:
We'll see. ;)

I see there already is a Harley and Joker to keep him company ;)
Now there's a surprise, lol! :laugh:

Ah, I thought you had been looking at this one that was released a couple of years ago - Batman the Animated Series statue
Ah right. I recall giving that one some serious thought years ago, but decided to pass due to the diminuitive scale.

1/10 scale as far as I'm aware so around 7" or 8" with the base
Aww...I was hoping he'd be a bit bigger. :(

As long as both eyes on the same statue are in the same direction it would hardly matter would it?
Provided they aren't too drastically off to the side. :p

On a positive spin with this Ivy, the hair covering her other eye would make any 'crazy eyes' effect even less noticable
A good point, but she shouldn't have crazy eyes, period. :thumbsdow

Yes, not by much but they are very slightly bigger that the mini DS ones
I thought so.

I was thinking the same as he does have a bit of bulk about him :thumbsup:
He is immense, but every statue has it's limits when it comes to price.

One thing that would make me more hesitant on ebay is that I see the mini one being miss discribed on some listings so you could easily mistake it for the full size one, if someone where to list a mini at a silly high price without mentioning mini it would be very easy to assume you where buying the bigger one
That kind of behaviour wouldn't surprise me on eBay. :rolleyes: Always best to ask the seller for clarification, that way you have a record should they be proved to have been lying.

There's always a slim chance I'd pick one up but plenty of new things to keep me going if not.
If you were to bag one for a good price, I am sure you wouldn't be anything less than impressed with him. I honestly can't beam about him enough. :p He is may favourite of all of the 1/6 scale statues I have. Just don't tell the others. :laugh:

Yeah, I don't dilly around too much if I want something, either get it or move onto something else ;)
I respect that kind of thinking.

Oh, yes I did then Harley announced as a third put a spanner in the works :suicide:
I'm sure there will be more in the future too. :p

I've been getting slack with the pics lately, just checked my emails and I've had one for near 3 and the other for 6 weeks and the WW cover girls one from before that :blush:
Having now seen your pics they were worth the wait. :) You're a bit of a dark horse at times, aren't you mate? :D The Covergirls WW I knew about, but I wasn't expecting either Supergirl or Wonder Woman from the Designer Series line as well. I did wonder how long it would be before you caved on one of the latter offerings though. :p They all look fantastic by the way. I love what you have done with your display too. :smashin: The DS Supergirl and WW look like they were always meant to be there. ;) Harley will go nicely with both later down the line. :) Where will you put her I wonder?

So what do you think of the Designer Series statues? I think they are ace, but you probably already knew that. :D:p I think they represent great quality for the money.

You say blame, I say pleasure..... same thing ;):D
:laugh:

Just seen the pics, nice addition :thumbsup:
Cheers. :)

I saw a couple of Red Hoods on ebay and thought it may have been it when you mentioned you got something new
He's still on my list. ;)

I do like that Batgirl a bit more than him though and I've had half an eye out for the B&W line version of her
I've always liked the design of the B&W statue, so I was chuffed when DC released the Designer Series one. I followed her all through release, but struggled to justify her as I wasn't the biggest fan of Batgirl, something which has changed over time. Typical me though, I pondered on her too long before she was gone. As I said before, I didn't think I'd get another chance at one, but when I did I went for it! Happy I did too. :)

If you are in two minds about the B&W one, get her. Trust me, you'll like her. Just keep in mind, she is rather svelte, so there is a higher risk of breakage with her.

Is she going on the same shelf as the other three?
Nope, three per shelf seems just right. She has a shelf to herself for now, but she'll be getting some company soon enough. ;) The shelf she is on is the 'allies' shelf.

Here's a pic of my display as it stands right now. Not the greatest quality as I had to stand quite far back when taking this pic to get it all in:-

Display.jpg

@Soundwave, I believe we have just been challenged. :D

There's still the odd original Batman appears now and then for a reasonable price...
I seem to keep missing those. :rolleyes:

Mr Freeze must be getting lonely on his own ;)
He is. :( Playing catch up on an outdated line is hard work though. :thumbsdow

I'd prefer at the very most one a week but thats me as all what, at least 60 or 70 hours worth would get taxing without watching other things in between
I appreciate the advice. :smashin: I was thinking much the same.

Bemused One

Distinguished Member
Yeah there was the slight difference in price but to be fair it wasn't a huge amount.
About £10-£15 more here. Same for you?

Ha ha yeah that was always fun
It was best not to tell them we got the better 60Hz versions though. :p

Same, wish we still had high street independents :(
I miss them too. :(

Ha ha yeah it was always rammed at the weekends.
It was the same with Solid Gold. I should know, I was there often enough. :laugh:

It was totally, like having an arcade in the home back then.
Only I never knew anyone who had one at home. :laugh:

I will keep a close eye on it & keep you posted for the details :)
Thanks buddy, I'd appreciate that. :)

Shouldn't be too hard ;)
Here's hoping they put some effort in and make something special.

I was actually looking at them myself the other day...they are getting to a price now that makes them an attractive option ;)
Can you see yourself hunched over that little box playing games on that tiny screen though? :p I've heard that the emulation isn't too good when you connect it to a TV via HMDI.

Oooh sounds very good then ;)
Koji certainly hasn't lost his touch. ;)
Nope everything is so hyper realistic & available instantly there is no joy in it, I think it's why gaming has lost its appeal to me lately
Sometimes less is more. It certainly was back in the day. You had time to really appreciate a great game as the market wasn't saturated like it is now.

Absolutely & I'll always be grateful for them
Me too.

I do need to get that at some point...same with Resi 1 remake
I could not recommend both highly enough.

The original remake on the Gamecube was actually my first introduction to Resi and what a belter to start on. I absolutely loved it. Believe it or not the recent Resi 2 remake surpasses it. It really is that good.

Still remember importing Resi 2 for the PS1 & being amazed by it...not to mention terrified ;) lol
I played the original Resi 2 and 3 via emulation on the PS2. :) Loved them both even if they did look a bit rough. :p

Same they really need to come back properly & give us real games again
Here's hoping they can turn things around.
Yeah that seemed to be the general consensus back then as well.
Still I was obsessed with it back then so they were like holy grail games to me
Yet another title I regret letting go. :facepalm:

Think it probably does get very samey but it looks awesome
I'm sure it's still a blast for fans. ;)

I had no patience for the sneaky bits & used to go in guns blazing...which obviously was pointless lol :)
I loved the fact it encouraged a different kind of play style. One of the many things that made it unique.

I know, I know :( lol
You'll get there eventually I'm sure.

I know it sucks doesn't it?
Totally and multi-region players don't come cheap! :thumbsdow

Absolutley
While companies like All the Anime help getting new series released we see nothing on the older stuff & that's what has always appealed to me more
I have a long, long list of the older stuff I would like to see.

They did release one of my all time favourites on to bluray in the States not so long ago; Vampire Hunter D. Only they redubbed the original for some unknown reason. Something fans like myself haven't taken kindly to. :thumbsdow

Ah that's a shame
I would have loved to have seen Kenshiro's story end on a high.

Wonder if all the Manga was translated?
I have no idea.
Really can't stand this push towards digital downloads & streaming only
I know it saves space but I want to own stuff forever, not have it removed & lost when they feel like it.
I could not agree more. I feel the very same.

She'll have fond memories of that time you share with her when she's older.

Ha ha no it certainly helps when I'm a toy nut too ;)
Do you ever attempt a crossover with your own toys? :p

A whole run of the main cast in 1/6 statues would be awesome
The Fry take my money meme comes to mind. :D

Ha ha perfect display :)
I'd say so. :smashin:

She is pretty perfect isn't she?
She is glorious. :love:

Well it's not easy these days is it?
Nigh on impossible. :thumbsdow

Even TV spots give away big bits...Sky have started advertising Endgame for TV now & already caught a couple of bits in the trailer they are using :(
Oh no! :eek: Nothing too bad I hope?

Same, sucks really but we'll survive ;)
What we need is one of those MiB neuralizers. :D

Ha ha see we are all just as bad
I'll get to them, in my own time. :p

Yeah it does take the edge off the earlier movies now but they are still well worth your time.
As above. :D

Erm...didn't get time :(
We went shopping at the local shopping centre (Lakeside, Thurrock) straight from work & after Katie had dragged me round shops for 3 hours solid we didn't get in until 9.30 & by then I was too tired & it was too late to start.
No idea when I'll get time now
Aww...:(

Yeah was a bit of a surprise when it was announced but they have also done an ECTO 1 car that transforms as well

View attachment 1183280
And they have even done a crossover comic...that will make a return of Starscreams ghost as well ;) lol

View attachment 1183281
Those are awesome! :cool: Thanks for the pics. :)

Not sure if I'll open him up or not to be honest, getting him back in that box is going to be a nightmare lol
He might just stay as is.
Fair enough. Maybe he'll get an airing when those mythical cabinets are in place? :D

gam

Lol yeah one of those things.
Still no news on Waitlist conversion...based on current bottoming out of the £ it might be a non starter anyway :(

Really :eek:

Had seen it had weakened a bit but didn't think it was by a lot?

Fingers crossed...You know me...I won't stop looking ;)
:smashin:

Yeah that's the one
Do slightly prefer the sword positioning of V1 but I wouldn't say no to V2...Free UK shipping at the moment too ;)
Oh, sounds like you are being tempted more and more by it

I know I was gutted I didn't go...had been looking forward to it for so long
Always the next one to look forward to ;)

Nope still nothing...apparently some are processing next Friday so getting close now
Still fingers crossed for you :)

It will be a surprise if it doesn't convert but the longer it goes on must be making you think otherwise

Absolutely...keeping everything crossed for a surprise announcement
As long as they keep it going for a few more years at around 2-4 releases a year I'll be happy

Plenty to distract us I'm sure ;)
maybe something like - Mighty Thor Bowen Designs Painted Statue Modern Version | eBay

Seen a couple of them and also a captain britain listed the other week but they had sold by the time I had got to the pc

Ha ha ha could have seen that coming ;)
Yeah I know :laugh: Its not a pre-order but I'll be looking for it when its released
Absolutely
Would love them but at near £1k for all 3 including shipping & taxes (because we obviously want the Tweeterhead.com exclusives ;) ) is pushing the limits of acceptable pricing.
Thats even worse than I was thinking with the regulars coming in at £800ish+ :eek:

Probably but look it's SOUNDWAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

View attachment 1183618
Who??? Never heard of him ;)

Its not too bad a price though although its a little smaller than I was originally imagining..... I guess its just how much you can trust the company to release them without lots of delays​

Wouldn't miss them if they did stop the Sepia variants.
Me either and haven't read much enthusiasm in general for them

Will be interested to see in hand pics for her.
I have seen a few pics and they look very good so she's stuck on my maybe list for a while longer
That is the problem with the hobby isn't it?
The wait sometimes stops you ordering stuff because it's so far away.
Definitely, if its something worth waiting for I can manage it but if its more of an impulse addition its going to have to be got soon for me or I move onto something else
I was a big fan of the Clone Spider-Man from the comics so seeing a HT 1/6 Scale figure is amazing.
Would love a classic suit though.
:cool:

Erm think Week is more like it...possibly even days at the moment ;)
It will certainly be a step in the right direction ;)
Unless as above you succomb to the Kier PF before that ;)

Those are beautiful.
Lover Supergirl, she looks fantastic.
WW is nice but never been a huge fan of the character so Supes would be my preference of the 2
Cheers :)

Yeah it was the Supergirl one that really caught my eye, the shading is a little different but works well..... WW was then got to balance the display but there is a fair chance that will be where the Harley one will end up when she appears, likely next year sometime

I didn't know that. I approve of the selection of villains they've gone for. :smashin: I look forward to seeing the complete set together. :)
Me too although hope it doesn't get too cluttered looking

I thank you for your honesty and hate you for your wickedness! :nono::p
hehe you're welcome :laugh:

Talking of wickedness - DC Collectibles Designer Series Red Hood by Kenneth Rocafort 12 Inch Statue | eBay

I agree, it's a fair little saving off the rrp and one I'm prepared to consider. Let's see what happens when he drops. ;)

Very true. It's hard to gauge when is best to jump in. It's all part of the game though. ;)
Fair play to you playing the game but I can only 'play' when its for something I can take or leave..... really wants are got right away for fear of missing out here which isn't always the best idea in the long term

Thanks for all this info mate, much appreciated. :smashin:

I've bookmarked the statue section of his webpage on eBay and will be watching it like a hawk. If the initial price is right, I may well pounce. :D
Not long to wait now, are you ready to click ;)

Ah right. I recall giving that one some serious thought years ago, but decided to pass due to the diminuitive scale.

Aww...I was hoping he'd be a bit bigger. :(
Going by here Batman The Animated Series ArtFX+ Batman (Opening Sequence) Statue it seems like the new one is a similar scale like I thought..... will it fit on that small shelf you have at the top of your cabinet?

Provided they aren't too drastically off to the side. :p

A good point, but she shouldn't have crazy eyes, period. :thumbsdow
Yeah fair enough on both points, prices they are we shouldn't be justifying imperfections like that

I thought so.
Its only by a small amount, it may be a while but I'll get a pic to show the size comparison some time

He is immense, but every statue has it's limits when it comes to price.
100% agree, just think someone forgot to let a lot ebay sellers know that info ;)

That kind of behaviour wouldn't surprise me on eBay. :rolleyes: Always best to ask the seller for clarification, that way you have a record should they be proved to have been lying.
I would hope some of them are honest mistakes and are maybe unaware of full size and mini versions as they are both still technically 'Designer series statues' but its still in my mind you'll get the odd one trying it on

If you were to bag one for a good price, I am sure you wouldn't be anything less than impressed with him. I honestly can't beam about him enough. :p He is may favourite of all of the 1/6 scale statues I have. Just don't tell the others. :laugh:
Don't worry Joker and Harley in particular are as sane and understanding as they come so would never get jealous with things like that ;):D

I'm sure there will be more in the future too. :p
Yeah I'd be fairly sure about that :suicide:

Having now seen your pics they were worth the wait. :) You're a bit of a dark horse at times, aren't you mate? :D The Covergirls WW I knew about, but I wasn't expecting either Supergirl or Wonder Woman from the Designer Series line as well. I did wonder how long it would be before you caved on one of the latter offerings though. :p They all look fantastic by the way. I love what you have done with your display too. :smashin: The DS Supergirl and WW look like they were always meant to be there. ;) Harley will go nicely with both later down the line. :) Where will you put her I wonder?

So what do you think of the Designer Series statues? I think they are ace, but you probably already knew that. :D:p I think they represent great quality for the money.
Cheers, yeah as you know I'm a fan of the bases and the scale of them with having some of the similar but not as well executed TV ones so it was only ever going to be a matter of time.

For just over £120 each I'm very happy with both of them :D

I just took a liking to in hand pics of that Supergirl so was an easy purchase. Then WW followed to balance up the display as I had been trying to get something I was happy with in that part of the display for a while now and as I say it was my intention with the cover girl ones but they where a little small there but these ones are the perfect size so well happy now :thumbsup:

Harley may go where WW is but no idea yet where she would be displaced to or where any future ones will end up..... will worry about that next year or whenever that happens;)

He's still on my list. ;)
Just incase you missed it above DC Collectibles Designer Series Red Hood by Kenneth Rocafort 12 Inch Statue | eBay

I've always liked the design of the B&W statue, so I was chuffed when DC released the Designer Series one. I followed her all through release, but struggled to justify her as I wasn't the biggest fan of Batgirl, something which has changed over time. Typical me though, I pondered on her too long before she was gone. As I said before, I didn't think I'd get another chance at one, but when I did I went for it! Happy I did too. :)
Glad to hear your happy, she is a very nice looking statue. It's also always nice when you get a second chance on something you thought you had missed out on :smashin:

If you are in two minds about the B&W one, get her. Trust me, you'll like her. Just keep in mind, she is rather svelte, so there is a higher risk of breakage with her.
No two minds at all, if I see one well below my self imposed price limit on this line she will be bought

Nope, three per shelf seems just right. She has a shelf to herself for now, but she'll be getting some company soon enough. ;) The shelf she is on is the 'allies' shelf.

Here's a pic of my display as it stands right now. Not the greatest quality as I had to stand quite far back when taking this pic to get it all in:-

View attachment 1184028
Very nice, glad to see the display progressing very well :thumbsup:

Look forward to seeing the next..... and the one after that :smashin: ....... oh and maybe Mr Freeze getting a friend :p

@Soundwave, I believe we have just been challenged. :D
You's have and then you can watch my resilience (or lack of) crumble like it usually does :hiya:

I seem to keep missing those. :rolleyes:
tut tut :nono:

He is. :( Playing catch up on an outdated line is hard work though. :thumbsdow
Looking at your display you would only need two of them :lesson:

I appreciate the advice. :smashin: I was thinking much the same.

gam

Bemused One

Distinguished Member
Me too although hope it doesn't get too cluttered looking
Here's hoping they get the balance right as it has the potential to be a cracking ensemble piece. If only the heroes variant was better. :rolleyes:

Oh you rotter! :nono::p

Good spot. :smashin: I won't lie, that's rather tempting.

Fair play to you playing the game but I can only 'play' when its for something I can take or leave..... really wants are got right away for fear of missing out here which isn't always the best idea in the long term
For 'must have' pieces, I agree, better to get them early while you can. However, there are very few pieces I come across where I feel I must have them at launch, so I tend to hold off and take more risks. As with everything, sometimes it pays off, sometimes not, but that's just how I play. ;)

Not long to wait now, are you ready to click ;)
Just checked and he's up! :clap: You were right about the pricing, seems pretty decent. :smashin: Hmm...decisions, decisions. :D

Going by here Batman The Animated Series ArtFX+ Batman (Opening Sequence) Statue it seems like the new one is a similar scale like I thought..... will it fit on that small shelf you have at the top of your cabinet?
I've experimented with 1/10 scale before and for some reason it just doesn't look right in my display. It really is more suited for 1/6 scale pieces.

That top shelf is only temporary, as my display is forever in flux. ;)

Yeah fair enough on both points, prices they are we shouldn't be justifying imperfections like that
I'm less forgiving the higher the price is. Although there isn't any price I'd accept wonky eyes at. IMO that's a fundamental basic they should always get right.

Its only by a small amount, it may be a while but I'll get a pic to show the size comparison some time
That would be good to see, thanks. :)

You must really like the Designer Series ones considering you already had the JL represented in your collection.

100% agree, just think someone forgot to let a lot ebay sellers know that info ;)
Someone should have a word with a lot of the online retailers too. ;)

I would hope some of them are honest mistakes and are maybe unaware of full size and mini versions as they are both still technically 'Designer series statues' but its still in my mind you'll get the odd one trying it on
There may be the odd honest mistake, but I suspect those sellers are very much in the minority. Call me cynical, but anyone asking others to pay a 3 figure sum, often far more than I paid for the larger scale variant, for the 7" statue knows exactly what they are doing.

Don't worry Joker and Harley in particular are as sane and understanding as they come so would never get jealous with things like that ;):D
I have to be careful, especially with Harley. If she catches me admiring Ivy for too long she get's in a right strop. :eek: This upsets Mr. J, but before either of them get any ideas Batman reminds them he's watching them. :D

Yeah I'd be fairly sure about that :suicide:
Duly noted for future teasing. :p

Cheers, yeah as you know I'm a fan of the bases and the scale of them with having some of the similar but not as well executed TV ones so it was only ever going to be a matter of time.
Welcome aboard. ;):smashin:

For just over £120 each I'm very happy with both of them :D
That's the cheapest price I know of for both brand new. :smashin: Our friend rybac?

I just took a liking to in hand pics of that Supergirl so was an easy purchase.
I'm not a huge fan of the character, but even I can appreciate the statue. She is a beaut and the pose really works for her. I prefer it much more than the first statue they did of her.

Then WW followed to balance up the display as I had been trying to get something I was happy with in that part of the display for a while now and as I say it was my intention with the cover girl ones but they where a little small there but these ones are the perfect size so well happy now :thumbsup:
The WW statue is also the best the line has produced yet IMO and she compliments Supergirl perfectly in your display. :smashin:

Harley may go where WW is but no idea yet where she would be displaced to or where any future ones will end up..... will worry about that next year or whenever that happens;)
I can see a Designer Series shelf in your future. :D Something akin to your Arkham one perhaps?

You aren't going to let up until get him, are you mate? :facepalm::laugh:

Glad to hear your happy, she is a very nice looking statue.
Thanks. :) Yeah, I'm really chuffed with her. I just wish the pictures I took could do her justice. The purples and yellows on her suit really pop, especially in the right light. Harley wasn't best pleased when I added her to the display mind. :rolleyes::laugh:

It's also always nice when you get a second chance on something you thought you had missed out on :smashin:
Such opportunities are rare for me, which is why I jumped at the chance when it presented itself. :)

No two minds at all, if I see one well below my self imposed price limit on this line she will be bought
Good man. :smashin: You won't regret it. ;)

Very nice, glad to see the display progressing very well :thumbsup:
Thanks mate. Is it me, or is there a theme beginning to emerge from it. :p

Look forward to seeing the next..... and the one after that :smashin: .......
Pics for those may come sooner than even I expected. ;)

oh and maybe Mr Freeze getting a friend :p
Poor Victor. :( He knows I'm trying.

You's have and then you can watch my resilience (or lack of) crumble like it usually does :hiya:
This last while you seem to have been doing fine on your own without any input from us. :laugh:

I'm rarely ever in the right place at the right time. :blush:

Looking at your display you would only need two of them :lesson:
Only two more is a hard ask, as I genuinely like the whole line. :facepalm:

gam

Here's hoping they get the balance right as it has the potential to be a cracking ensemble piece. If only the heroes variant was better. :rolleyes:
The heroes one just got a bit cluttered/muddled with the center two poses and the shape of the roof otherwise it wasn't too bad looking, looks like they have learned from the mistakes with that one

For the villians, purely a guess but I'm picturing Deadshot lying front left leaving Mr Freeze high rear right which would keep a good symetry and avoid any cluttered look..... it will be nice to see how it turns out whatever they do end up with

Oh you rotter! :nono::p

Good spot. :smashin: I won't lie, that's rather tempting.
I was just browsing amazon for anything I might like and just saw they have a couple more Red Hoods in stock for a similar price to the one on ebay https://www.amazon.co.uk/DC-Comics-MAR180387-Statue-Various/dp/B079RXC9QB/ref=sr_1_28?keywords=designer+series+statue&qid=1566149973&s=gateway&sr=8-28

For 'must have' pieces, I agree, better to get them early while you can. However, there are very few pieces I come across where I feel I must have them at launch, so I tend to hold off and take more risks. As with everything, sometimes it pays off, sometimes not, but that's just how I play. ;)
and fair play to you, wish I could be more like that more often than I am

Just checked and he's up! :clap: You were right about the pricing, seems pretty decent. :smashin: Hmm...decisions, decisions. :D
Guessing coming up so soon after getting Batgirl and also the couple of Red Hoods available for a reasonable price at the minute has put a spanner in the works for Nightwing right now?

Keep us posted on what you end up doing ;)

I've experimented with 1/10 scale before and for some reason it just doesn't look right in my display. It really is more suited for 1/6 scale pieces.
I'd agree with you with that particular unit but you could maybe have a smaller shelf above your tv from what I remember for the smaller ones?

That top shelf is only temporary, as my display is forever in flux. ;)
Always nice to change things up every now and then :smashin:

You must really like the Designer Series ones considering you already had the JL represented in your collection.
I was taking the three mini DS ones more as the trinity on their own which are displayed nowhere near the old JL build a set one... but I like both in diferent ways

Someone should have a word with a lot of the online retailers too. ;)
You can't really blame them too much for the ever increasing prices from the manufacturers or are some charging more than retail too?

There may be the odd honest mistake, but I suspect those sellers are very much in the minority. Call me cynical, but anyone asking others to pay a 3 figure sum, often far more than I paid for the larger scale variant, for the 7" statue knows exactly what they are doing.
Have to admit I think the same, thankfully from what I've seen from keeping an eye out with them for a while now is that most are advertised properly with only a couple of chancers cropping up

I have to be careful, especially with Harley. If she catches me admiring Ivy for too long she get's in a right strop. :eek: This upsets Mr. J, but before either of them get any ideas Batman reminds them he's watching them. :D

Duly noted for future teasing. :p

Welcome aboard. ;):smashin:
:hiya:

That's the cheapest price I know of for both brand new. :smashin: Our friend rybac?
Yep, it was indeed :)

Although amazon have supergirl at a similar price but WW is a good bit more expensive there

I'm not a huge fan of the character, but even I can appreciate the statue. She is a beaut and the pose really works for her. I prefer it much more than the first statue they did of her.
Yeah wasn't overly keen on the other one either but this one just clicked with me so had to get it :D

The WW statue is also the best the line has produced yet IMO and she compliments Supergirl perfectly in your display. :smashin:
Cheers :thumbsup:

The Cho WW one wasn't too bad either and I came close to it a couple of times but it wouldn't have fitted in where I have this one. It only took a few years but I've finally found something I'm happy with in these two positions of the display :D

I can see a Designer Series shelf in your future. :D Something akin to your Arkham one perhaps?
I'll never say never but I suppose it will depend on how long they keep the line going for and how many I want and end up with....... the Bombshells are still my main current DC line of choice ;)

You aren't going to let up until get him, are you mate? :facepalm::laugh:
hmmm, nope...... although be happy that its taking my attention away from a certain Ivy PF :D

Did you put him in your watch list by any chance..... I did and got a limited time discount offer from the seller this morning for a tenner less (its happened a few times to me on ebay watched items recently now)

Thanks. :) Yeah, I'm really chuffed with her. I just wish the pictures I took could do her justice. The purples and yellows on her suit really pop, especially in the right light. Harley wasn't best pleased when I added her to the display mind. :rolleyes::laugh:
Nothing wrong with your pics, they look great.... thanks again for sharing them :thumbsup:

At least you have her on a seperate shelf to Harley to minimize the drama ;)

Such opportunities are rare for me, which is why I jumped at the chance when it presented itself. :)
I'll show a little restraint as I really am tempted here to post the ebay and amazon links for Red Hood again :p

Thanks mate. Is it me, or is there a theme beginning to emerge from it. :p
Its a theme thats definitely working :thumbsup:

On a positive it should keep you more focused as I don't think anything thats not Gotham related would look right now and dare I say could even spoil the display you have going there

Pics for those may come sooner than even I expected. ;)
So the question is, which one is next out of Red Hood and Nightwing or will it be both :devil:

Poor Victor. :( He knows I'm trying.
Must Try Harder!!!!! :p

This last while you seem to have been doing fine on your own without any input from us. :laugh:
I think to one degree or another I've always done that with deciding what to or not to get...... having said that, the main exception was that I did hold out for a fair while before getting my head turned in changing my mind and succombing in spectacular style due to @Soundwave pics for the Bombshells statues

I'm rarely ever in the right place at the right time. :blush:
To be fair with the exception of the Arham Knight ie Red hood coloured ones the better priced arkham line ones are few and far between these days and never seem to last long when they are listed

Only two more is a hard ask, as I genuinely like the whole line. :facepalm:
Getting two without overpaying would still be hard but could be classed as an easier ask and keep your 3 to a shelf thing going;)

Or do you think you would be happy with an extra one or two of these slightly smaller ones on the same shelf?

Soundwave

Distinguished Member
About £10-£15 more here. Same for you?
Yeah roughly

Bemused One said:
It was best not to tell them we got the better 60Hz versions though. :p
Ha ha yeah

Bemused One said:
I miss them too. :(
I know & days we'll never get back

Bemused One said:
It was the same with Solid Gold. I should know, I was there often enough. :laugh:
Ha ha yeah same with my one, miss old game stores so much

Bemused One said:
Only I never knew anyone who had one at home. :laugh:
Lol me either...just coveted them any time I went to CEX in Tottenham Court Road

Bemused One said:
Thanks buddy, I'd appreciate that. :)
No worries buddy will hit you up anytime I find out anything new.

Bemused One said:
Here's hoping they put some effort in and make something special.
Could you imagine a new cartridge based console that excels in 2D games again

Bemused One said:
Can you see yourself hunched over that little box playing games on that tiny screen though? :p I've heard that the emulation isn't too good when you connect it to a TV via HMDI.
Ha no probably not

Bemused One said:
Koji certainly hasn't lost his touch. ;)
Keeping a close eye on prices at the mo.
Bemused One said:
Sometimes less is more. It certainly was back in the day. You had time to really appreciate a great game as the market wasn't saturated like it is now.
Yep shame real life gets in the way now.

Bemused One said:
I could not recommend both highly enough.

The original remake on the Gamecube was actually my first introduction to Resi and what a belter to start on. I absolutely loved it. Believe it or not the recent Resi 2 remake surpasses it. It really is that good.​

I was lucky enough to experience them all from the beginning & seeing Resi 1 on the PS1 was an amazing experience at the time
Playing through the 'Cube Remake was an eye opener, remembering how the PS1 version looked & played & then seeing how they made it look on 'Cube was an achievement

Bemused One said:
I played the original Resi 2 and 3 via emulation on the PS2. :) Loved them both even if they did look a bit rough. :p
Ha ha they have dated but going back they were groundbreaking

Bemused One said:
Here's hoping they can turn things around.
I want to give them the benefit of the doubt but not sure how they will pick it back up.
Bemused One said:
Yet another title I regret letting go. :facepalm:
I regret selling so many of my titles

Bemused One said:
I'm sure it's still a blast for fans. ;)
Yeah probably full of fan service to make it entertaining

Bemused One said:
I loved the fact it encouraged a different kind of play style. One of the many things that made it unique.
Bemused One said:
Totally and multi-region players don't come cheap! :thumbsdow

Nope sadly they don't...luckily I have a US Blu-Ray player to help me out :)

Bemused One said:
I have a long, long list of the older stuff I would like to see.
I actually found a few of mine in a box the other day...

20190818_194210.jpg

Loved Judge, one of my fave occult Anime ever

Bemused One said:
They did release one of my all time favourites on to bluray in the States not so long ago; Vampire Hunter D. Only they redubbed the original for some unknown reason. Something fans like myself haven't taken kindly to. :thumbsdow
You mean this one by any chance?? ;)

20190819_131226.jpg
20190819_131232.jpg

Had it since release but as with most things...not opened it or watched it, sad to hear about the Dub issue though
I did also find my original US VHS, DVD & DVD of Bloodlust yesterday as well but didn't grab pics & they are still back in storage :(
Will get some next time though

Bemused One said:
I would have loved to have seen Kenshiro's story end on a high.
Hopefully it does & we'll see it one day

Bemused One said:
I could not agree more. I feel the very same.
Well hopefully we will still get physical media for a long time to come

Bemused One said:
She'll have fond memories of that time you share with her when she's older.
Exactly what I'm hoping for, build memories that last her a lifetime

Bemused One said:
Do you ever attempt a crossover with your own toys? :p
Ha ha not sure Giant Batman & Robocop Hot Toys figures will go down well in Sylvanian Village ;)

Bemused One said:
The Fry take my money meme comes to mind. :D
That gets quite the use by me on Twitter ;) lol

Bemused One said:
I'd say so. :smashin:
Was looking at Lion-O again today :blush::blush:

Bemused One said:
She is glorious. :love:
A beauty, really lovely

Bemused One said:
Nigh on impossible. :thumbsdow
Sad it is this way

Bemused One said:
Oh no! :eek: Nothing too bad I hope?
Not that I have paid close attention too...trying to avoid as best I can ;)

Bemused One said:
What we need is one of those MiB neuralizers. :D
Would love one of those, to be able to mind wipe & experience movies first time over would be amazing

Bemused One said:
I'll get to them, in my own time. :p
Ha ha ;)

Bemused One said:
I know...still gutted about it :(

Bemused One said:
Those are awesome! :cool: Thanks for the pics. :)
No problems man, happy to share the knowledge

Bemused One said:
Fair enough. Maybe he'll get an airing when those mythical cabinets are in place? :D
Well in the meantime I bought another box back from storage this weekend...More Masterpiece Transformers ;)

First up 3rd Party Fanstoys Insecticon Shrapnel & Reflector...

20190818_171407.jpg

Then official Takara Tracks, Road Rage (Diaclone repaint of Tracks) & Bluestreak (in original Diaclone colours)
Also 3rd Party Mastermind Creations Mirage

20190818_171510.jpg

Lastly while digging through I found a box at the back of the unit that had been slightly crushed so rescued it to find something has suffered my poor judgement & has now seen serious better days.
My Robots in Disguise Fire Convoy

20190818_154031.jpg
20190818_154039.jpg
20190818_154045.jpg
20190818_154056.jpg

Absolutely devastated by this discovery.
I still vividly remember buying him brand new at a Transformers convention back in 2000 & I had kept him perfect for all these years & then I find him like this, heart breaking.
Everything inside is fine just the box is beyond repair.
Started looking on Ebay for a new version but he's north of £200 for one in a condition I'd want.

Gutted :(

Neil

Soundwave

Distinguished Member
Really :eek:

Had seen it had weakened a bit but didn't think it was by a lot?​

Yeah dropped to around 1.17 on the high street now
This means that before shipping & customs GA is nearly £510!!
Checked for the shipping & that is just over £80 so all in before Customs you are looking at £600
As much as I want him...I reckon I'm fully out now.
Only way a PF makes any kind of sense is if we can find them on secondary market for less than retail :(

Gam said:
Oh, sounds like you are being tempted more and more by it
Ha ha yeah but again cost is a big factor :(
Gam said:
Always the next one to look forward to ;)

Sadly I'll be away for the next MCM...It falls on Halloween weekend & I'll be in Florida ;)

Gam said:
Still fingers crossed for you :)

It will be a surprise if it doesn't convert but the longer it goes on must be making you think otherwise
Yeah had been wondering if it might not...but as above not sure I can do it even if it does now :(

Gam said:
As long as they keep it going for a few more years at around 2-4 releases a year I'll be happy
Same.
Still need to order Death & Shazham

Gam said:
Thanks for link...currently in my watch list & VERY, VERY tempted

Gam said:
Seen a couple of them and also a captain britain listed the other week but they had sold by the time I had got to the pc
Ah damn, but if they are cropping up I might get lucky then ;)

Gam said:
Yeah I know :laugh: Its not a pre-order but I'll be looking for it when its released
Ah the old wait to see in hand first ;)

Gam said:
Thats even worse than I was thinking with the regulars coming in at £800ish+ :eek:
Totally.
But then it's 3 statues for a little more than the price of 1 PF these days ;) :laugh::laugh:

Gam said:
Who??? Never heard of him ;)
Ha ha yeah he's something of a nobody ;)

Gam said:
Its not too bad a price though although its a little smaller than I was originally imagining..... I guess its just how much you can trust the company to release them without lots of delays
Nope he's not too shabby but where there is one there are more & I will probably need the Optimus Prime to go with him & Megatron when he is released ;)

Gam said:
Me either and haven't read much enthusiasm in general for them
Same, the feedback isn't exactly glowing for them
Think most just see them as a cash in

Gam said:
I have seen a few pics and they look very good so she's stuck on my maybe list for a while longer
And it won't be long before she moves to a purchase then ;)

Gam said:
Definitely, if its something worth waiting for I can manage it but if its more of an impulse addition its going to have to be got soon for me or I move onto something else
Same & as said not exactly a shortage of things to tempt us with.​

Gam said:
Unless as above you succomb to the Kier PF before that ;)
Lol we'll see ;)

Gam said:
Cheers :)

Yeah it was the Supergirl one that really caught my eye, the shading is a little different but works well..... WW was then got to balance the display but there is a fair chance that will be where the Harley one will end up when she appears, likely next year sometime
You're welcome man, they look glorious & Supergirl is an absolute beauty
I might keep a close eye on these myself now

Neil

Bemused One

Distinguished Member
The heroes one just got a bit cluttered/muddled with the center two poses and the shape of the roof otherwise it wasn't too bad looking, looks like they have learned from the mistakes with that one
I agree. Robin and Nightwing are far too close together. I don't like the upside down acrobatic pose they've given Nightwing and Batgirl's suit just looks off to me.

For the villians, purely a guess but I'm picturing Deadshot lying front left leaving Mr Freeze high rear right which would keep a good symetry and avoid any cluttered look..... it will be nice to see how it turns out whatever they do end up with
I hope you are right as that sounds like a good layout. :smashin: Let's see what happens.

I was just browsing amazon for anything I might like and just saw they have a couple more Red Hoods in stock for a similar price to the one on ebay https://www.amazon.co.uk/DC-Comics-MAR180387-Statue-Various/dp/B079RXC9QB/ref=sr_1_28?keywords=designer+series+statue&qid=1566149973&s=gateway&sr=8-28
I've had my eye on them since last week. :p

...and fair play to you, wish I could be more like that more often than I am
The bargain hunter in me rarely let's me play any other way. :laugh:

Guessing coming up so soon after getting Batgirl and also the couple of Red Hoods available for a reasonable price at the minute has put a spanner in the works for Nightwing right now?
I got Batgirl for a great price, so the coffers didn't take too much of a hit. Red has definitely caught me off guard, but I'm kind of chuffed I've got another shot at him. If I could get him for a good price, I'd definitely like one. Out of the two, I'd say Nightwing is the priority, but how long do I wait before I should act on one? It's a tough call. :facepalm:

Keep us posted on what you end up doing ;)
You know me mate. I'll pounce when the price is right. :D

I'd agree with you with that particular unit but you could maybe have a smaller shelf above your tv from what I remember for the smaller ones?
A shelf would be ideal, but I'm not sure how much space I'll have to spare whenever my TV gets an upgrade. I really need that in place first to assess what's possible.

Always nice to change things up every now and then :smashin:
I had my display custom made for that very purpose as I'm forever trying out new ideas. :)

I was taking the three mini DS ones more as the trinity on their own which are displayed nowhere near the old JL build a set one... but I like both in diferent ways
What is it you like about each set?

You can't really blame them too much for the ever increasing prices from the manufacturers or are some charging more than retail too?
You've got a point about the manufacturers constantly raising prices, but I find retailers often add a little too much on top to try and make more out of us, especially with new releases. Case in point, Amazon are now asking £160 for a Designer Series Nightwing, which is up from the £148 they were initially asking. :eek:

Have to admit I think the same, thankfully from what I've seen from keeping an eye out with them for a while now is that most are advertised properly with only a couple of chancers cropping up
That's good to read. :) I'd like to think there is a higher ratio of genuine sellers to chancers, but the cynic in me forever keeps me weary.

Yep, it was indeed :)

Although amazon have supergirl at a similar price but WW is a good bit more expensive there
Amazon seem to be becoming more hit and miss when it comes to being competitive these days.

Yeah wasn't overly keen on the other one either but this one just clicked with me so had to get it :D
I totally understand. If I had the space and were to include statues outside of the Batman ones, she's one I would definitely pick up as I really like the design. :smashin:

Cheers :thumbsup:

The Cho WW one wasn't too bad either and I came close to it a couple of times but it wouldn't have fitted in where I have this one.
Don't get me wrong, I actually like the Cho WW, she's a fine piece, but the new one just pips her for me. I vaguely recall trying to nudge you towards the Cho one for a while. :p

It only took a few years but I've finally found something I'm happy with in these two positions of the display :D
I know how satisfying that must feel. I'm pleased for you mate. :thumbsup:

I'll never say never but I suppose it will depend on how long they keep the line going for and how many I want and end up with.......
I hope the line has years left in it. I'm longing for some more Batman villains, other than Harley.

...the Bombshells are still my main current DC line of choice ;)
How many more will you be adding to your collection this year?

hmmm, nope...... although be happy that its taking my attention away from a certain Ivy PF :D
Not diverted enough it would seem, as you still managed to mention her. :nono::p

Did you put him in your watch list by any chance..... I did and got a limited time discount offer from the seller this morning for a tenner less (its happened a few times to me on ebay watched items recently now)
That's a good idea. :smashin: It can't hurt to try. Do I really need the extra temptation at the moment though? :p

Nothing wrong with your pics, they look great.... thanks again for sharing them :thumbsup:
Thanks mate. They aren't a patch on your pics mind. I rarely get the chance to work with natural light, so I'm always having to use indoor lighting which isn't the best at times. Regardless, I'm always happy to contribute pics when I can. :)

At least you have her on a seperate shelf to Harley to minimize the drama ;)
Yes, that helps. Although Harley keeps drawing her daggers. :laugh: Ms. Quinn is very high maintenance. :p

I'll show a little restraint as I really am tempted here to post the ebay and amazon links for Red Hood again :p
Bless you, sir. I knew there was some good in you. :D

Its a theme thats definitely working :thumbsup:
Thanks mate. :) Yes, it's turning out well. So much for my different theme for each shelf plans. :rolleyes::p

On a positive it should keep you more focused as I don't think anything thats not Gotham related would look right now and dare I say could even spoil the display you have going there
I agree. Although I desperately need some place to put all my Amiibo's, lol. :laugh:

So the question is, which one is next out of Red Hood and Nightwing or will it be both :devil:
You'll just have to wait and see. ;)

Must Try Harder!!!!! :p
Sheesh! Tough crowd! :eek::laugh:

I think to one degree or another I've always done that with deciding what to or not to get...... having said that, the main exception was that I did hold out for a fair while before getting my head turned in changing my mind and succombing in spectacular style due to @Soundwave pics for the Bombshells statues
@Soundwave is the master when it comes to turning heads and getting you to consider other lines. His 'must have 'em' attitude is quite infectious. :p Kudo's to you for holding out as long as you did on the Bombshells, but I'm glad you gave in to them eventually. I do love that collection of yours. :love:

To be fair with the exception of the Arham Knight ie Red hood coloured ones the better priced arkham line ones are few and far between these days and never seem to last long when they are listed
Don't I know it. :(

Getting two without overpaying would still be hard but could be classed as an easier ask and keep your 3 to a shelf thing going;)

Or do you think you would be happy with an extra one or two of these slightly smaller ones on the same shelf?
Ideally, I'd want Batman, Harley and Catwoman bare minimum. I'd just have to find a way to make 4 work. Acquiring said pieces for a decent price really is the main challenge.

Bemused One

Distinguished Member
Yeah roughly
Glad it wasn't just us then. :p I always wondered if it was similar elsewhere.

I know & days we'll never get back
It was good while it lasted. ;)

Ha ha yeah same with my one, miss old game stores so much
It was a good way to meet fellow gamers as well. :)

Lol me either...just coveted them any time I went to CEX in Tottenham Court Road
I doubt any teen could have buttered up their parents that much to convince them to part with such a large amount of cash. :laugh:

No worries buddy will hit you up anytime I find out anything new.
Thanks. :smashin:

Could you imagine a new cartridge based console that excels in 2D games again
A proper NeoGeo successor would be special. I know a lot of retro fans would dig it. I can't see them ever going back to cartridge though.

Keeping a close eye on prices at the mo.
I got my copy through last weekend. Was hoping to get a couple of hours in last Saturday. Put the disc in and immediately had to wait for a 3.1Gb update. :rolleyes: On my slow internet it took an age. So much so I never got to play it. :thumbsdow I'll hopefully get it started soon though.
Yep shame real life gets in the way now.
It does force you to be more selective, doesn't it? Still, it's better to get some play time in every now and then compared to none at all.

I was lucky enough to experience them all from the beginning & seeing Resi 1 on the PS1 was an amazing experience at the time
I can imagine.

Playing through the 'Cube Remake was an eye opener, remembering how the PS1 version looked & played & then seeing how they made it look on 'Cube was an achievement
Your in for a treat then when you get round to playing the Resi 2 remake. It's even better and has plenty of nods back to the original game. They are so well done too. Seriously, make it a priority. After Gears 3 of course. ;)

Ha ha they have dated but going back they were groundbreaking
Playing them years later never diminished their impact for me. I still loved 'em. :D

I want to give them the benefit of the doubt but not sure how they will pick it back up.
They will have to produce something pretty special for them to turn things around now.
I regret selling so many of my titles
Same. Back in the day though it was the only way to make money to move on to bigger and better things.

Yeah probably full of fan service to make it entertaining
That's the best approach IMO.

Nope sadly they don't...luckily I have a US Blu-Ray player to help me out :)
May I ask where you got yours from?

I actually found a few of mine in a box the other day...

View attachment 1185911
Some classics there. :smashin: Please tell me you didn't watch Urotsukidoji with your parents around? :laugh:

Loved Judge, one of my fave occult Anime ever
Yep, right up there with Doomed Megalopolis.

You mean this one by any chance?? ;)
That's him! :love: One of my all time favourite anime's and characters. :smashin:

Had it since release but as with most things...not opened it or watched it, sad to hear about the Dub issue though
I've heard the dub can be particularly jarring for fans that are used to the original. Why on earth they changed it in the first place is beyond me? :rolleyes:

I did also find my original US VHS, DVD & DVD of Bloodlust yesterday as well but didn't grab pics & they are still back in storage :(
Will get some next time though
I've still got my beloved VHS tape of the original and Bloodlust is the only anime DVD I ever bought. I created my eBay account especially just to get it. :p

Would welcome more pics any time. :)

Hopefully it does & we'll see it one day
Here's hoping. ;)

Well hopefully we will still get physical media for a long time to come
I hope they never kill it off as, like yourself, I like to own things outright and not merely rent it for however long the service you purchased it on lasts.

Exactly what I'm hoping for, build memories that last her a lifetime
:thumbsup:

Ha ha not sure Giant Batman & Robocop Hot Toys figures will go down well in Sylvanian Village ;)
Lol! :laugh: Are there no Transformers that can turn into bears? :p

That gets quite the use by me on Twitter ;) lol
I'm surprised it isn't your avatar mate, lol. :laugh:

Was looking at Lion-O again today :blush::blush:
Nothing wrong with looking. ;) If you are trying to figure out a way of squeezing him into your collection however, then you might have a problem. :D

A beauty, really lovely
If only I had the funds and the room. :rolleyes:
Sad it is this way
To have a film that's been built towards for more than a decade almost completely ruined truly is the worst. :thumbsdow

Not that I have paid close attention too...trying to avoid as best I can ;)
Keep it up mate, not long to go now. :)

Would love one of those, to be able to mind wipe & experience movies first time over would be amazing
Would you use it to erase the memory of some of the bajillion collectibles you long for? :p

I know...still gutted about it :(
I'm sure you'll get another opportunity at some point. ;)

No problems man, happy to share the knowledge
I'm curious to know how they explain the crossover coming about. It seems such an odd match up.

Well in the meantime I bought another box back from storage this weekend...More Masterpiece Transformers ;)
Woot, woot! :clap:

First up 3rd Party Fanstoys Insecticon Shrapnel & Reflector...

View attachment 1185914

Then official Takara Tracks, Road Rage (Diaclone repaint of Tracks) & Bluestreak (in original Diaclone colours)
Also 3rd Party Mastermind Creations Mirage

View attachment 1185915
You are whetting my appetite for your display something terrible with these pics. :D

Lastly while digging through I found a box at the back of the unit that had been slightly crushed so rescued it to find something has suffered my poor judgement & has now seen serious better days.
My Robots in Disguise Fire Convoy

View attachment 1185916 View attachment 1185917 View attachment 1185918 View attachment 1185919

Absolutely devastated by this discovery.
I still vividly remember buying him brand new at a Transformers convention back in 2000 & I had kept him perfect for all these years & then I find him like this, heart breaking.
Everything inside is fine just the box is beyond repair.
Started looking on Ebay for a new version but he's north of £200 for one in a condition I'd want.

Gutted :(
This is one of the worst things that can happen to any collector. :( Those pics are painful to look at, especially given the history of this piece. I really feel for you bud. I'm so sorry this has happened to you. :(

Soundwave

Distinguished Member
Glad it wasn't just us then. :p I always wondered if it was similar elsewhere.
Ha ha yeah we had the same...sometimes it was well worth the extra to get them early...other times not so much ;) lol

Bemused One said:
It was good while it lasted. ;)
Yeah sad that it is over now :(

Bemused One said:
It was a good way to meet fellow gamers as well. :)
Totally, don't get that these days sadly
Everything being online means you lose that now.

Bemused One said:
I doubt any teen could have buttered up their parents that much to convince them to part with such a large amount of cash. :laugh:
Ha ha my mate did well back in the day
He used to work down the market & saved so well to get the latest imports.
I remember him getting his Jpn 3DO back in the day at about £550 or his PS1 for similar money (did trade his 3DO towards it though) & IIRC his Jpn N64 was even dearer than that
Was never short of new gaming goodies round his house ;)

Bemused One said:
You're welcome, no new news yet I'm afraid

Bemused One said:
A proper NeoGeo successor would be special. I know a lot of retro fans would dig it. I can't see them ever going back to cartridge though.
I would love one
Yeah sadly think the days of cartridge are long gone...too expensive
I wouldn't be upset if it took SD cards though kind of like the Switch, just for an old school feel ;)

Bemused One said:
I got my copy through last weekend. Was hoping to get a couple of hours in last Saturday. Put the disc in and immediately had to wait for a 3.1Gb update. :rolleyes: On my slow internet it took an age. So much so I never got to play it. :thumbsdow I'll hopefully get it started soon though.
Stupid patches, do wish games came fully finished like they used to instead of needing day one updates to fix a broken game.

Bemused One said:
It does force you to be more selective, doesn't it? Still, it's better to get some play time in every now and then compared to none at all.
Ha ha yeah but even then getting a few minutes is proving harder & harder.

Bemused One said:
I can imagine.
Still remember crapping myself when the dogs jump through the window...even in blocky Ps1 graphics it was terrifying

Bemused One said:
Your in for a treat then when you get round to playing the Resi 2 remake. It's even better and has plenty of nods back to the original game. They are so well done too. Seriously, make it a priority. After Gears 3 of course. ;)
Getting excited to try it now.
Oh guess what...started Gears 3 :D:D:D:D
Currently on Act 2 & starting to get to grips with it all again :)
Hopefully plough through some more soon.

Bemused One said:
Playing them years later never diminished their impact for me. I still loved 'em. :D
They are still seriously impressive & I adore them

Bemused One said:
They will have to produce something pretty special for them to turn things around now.
I have no idea really where they go from here but they have alienated so many fans it is going to be a long uphill struggle.

Bemused One said:
Same. Back in the day though it was the only way to make money to move on to bigger and better things.
Yep Pocket Money only stretched so far & new games meant finding ways to buy them so off went older ones to pay for them

Bemused One said:
That's the best approach IMO.
Looking for a reasonable priced copy at the mo :)

Bemused One said:
May I ask where you got yours from?
I was lucky & someone was selling one on here...think I paid around £60 delivered IIRC
Was a LONG time ago now

Bemused One said:
Some classics there. :smashin: Please tell me you didn't watch Urotsukidoji with your parents around? :laugh:
Ha ha ha no...not even when I had a *Cough* Copy *Cough* of Overfiend on VHS, that was when they weren't home only one ;)

Bemused One said:
Yep, right up there with Doomed Megalopolis.
Still need to get Doomed Megalopolis on DVD

Bemused One said:
That's him! :love: One of my all time favourite anime's and characters. :smashin:
Mine too
It absolutely blew me away when I watched it as a kid think it was one of my most watched tapes back in the day...along with FotNS, 3x3 Eyes, Cyber City OEDO & Crying Freeman
All were just amazing to see.

Bemused One said:
I've heard the dub can be particularly jarring for fans that are used to the original. Why on earth they changed it in the first place is beyond me? :rolleyes:
Oh dear, might have to try & watch it at some point soon then to see how bad it is.

Bemused One said:
I've still got my beloved VHS tape of the original and Bloodlust is the only anime DVD I ever bought. I created my eBay account especially just to get it. :p
I think I still have my Manga VHS, I definitely have my cardboard case US VHS :)
Ha ha well worth setting the account up for ;)

Bemused One said:
Would welcome more pics any time. :)
No problems buddy, will sort them out soon :)

Bemused One said:
Here's hoping. ;)
Never give up hope in this day & age it could get revived any time

Bemused One said:
I hope they never kill it off as, like yourself, I like to own things outright and not merely rent it for however long the service you purchased it on lasts.
It's a joke that they will remove stuff when they feel like it
Capcom just took Duck Tales remastered off PSN & Xbox Live so that's another game lost to the ether if you hadn't already downloaded it.
It's ridiculous

Bemused One said:
Lol! :laugh: Are there no Transformers that can turn into bears? :p
Funny you should say that...I have one in my Beast Wars collection ;)
I have Polar Claw who turns into a Polar Bear ;)

Bemused One said:
I'm surprised it isn't your avatar mate, lol. :laugh:
Ha ha maybe one day ;)

Bemused One said:
Nothing wrong with looking. ;) If you are trying to figure out a way of squeezing him into your collection however, then you might have a problem. :D

Erm would I ever be considering trying to fit anything new into my collection?? ;):blush:

Bemused One said:
If only I had the funds and the room. :rolleyes:

The age old problem ;)

Bemused One said:
To have a film that's been built towards for more than a decade almost completely ruined truly is the worst. :thumbsdow
Absolutely, it's heartbreaking.

Bemused One said:
Keep it up mate, not long to go now. :)
Next week!!!!
Then I just need to find time to watch it :facepalm::facepalm:

Bemused One said:
Would you use it to erase the memory of some of the bajillion collectibles you long for? :p
Ha ha, probably ;)

Bemused One said:
I'm sure you'll get another opportunity at some point. ;)
Managed it last night!!
Freaking amazing, one of the best in the series
Brie plays a great Captain Marvel, Jude Law is good as the big bad & it's great seeing how Nick develops originally
Also Goose the Cat is like the best bit part character in any move EVER!!
You need to see it lol
CANNOT wait to get my hands on the HT figure now though.

Bemused One said:
I'm curious to know how they explain the crossover coming about. It seems such an odd match up.
Ha ha yeah not sure how it happens myself, might have to grab the comics myself now.

Bemused One said:
Woot, woot! :clap:
You are whetting my appetite for your display something terrible with these pics. :D
He he, sorry...I'm trying
This heat isn't helping my worries either, loft is so hot & so much good stuff up there...I'm getting worried about it to be honest.

Bemused One said:
This is one of the worst things that can happen to any collector. :( Those pics are painful to look at, especially given the history of this piece. I really feel for you bud. I'm so sorry this has happened to you. :(
Absolutely, I was heart broken when I found it.
Luckily the other figure in there (Robots in disguise Scourge) fared much better & no noticeable damage but still Fire Convoy was my absolute fave of the line & 2nd hand prices for mint ones are north of £200 now :(
Rumours of a 3rd Party Masterpiece scaled one are filling me with a little hope that I might be able to replace him but not sure when that will ever see the light of day :(

Neil

Bemused One

Distinguished Member
Ha ha yeah we had the same...sometimes it was well worth the extra to get them early...other times not so much ;) lol
You are right there. I found more gems than duds though. What about you?

Yeah sad that it is over now :(
Me too. It's like mourning the loss of an old friend. :(

Totally, don't get that these days sadly
Everything being online means you lose that now.
Yep, chatting to randoms online just isn't the same. :thumbsdow

Ha ha my mate did well back in the day
He used to work down the market & saved so well to get the latest imports.
I remember him getting his Jpn 3DO back in the day at about £550 or his PS1 for similar money (did trade his 3DO towards it though) & IIRC his Jpn N64 was even dearer than that
Fair play to him. :smashin:

Sounds like he got stung on his Jpn N64 though. I got mine from Malaysia for £350.

Was never short of new gaming goodies round his house ;)
Ha ha, we all knew someone like that. ;)

You're welcome, no new news yet I'm afraid
No worries. Is the project definitely going ahead?

I would love one
Yeah sadly think the days of cartridge are long gone...too expensive
I wouldn't be upset if it took SD cards though kind of like the Switch, just for an old school feel ;)
That's a good shout. SD cards would be a fitting approach for them to take. :smashin:

Stupid patches, do wish games came fully finished like they used to instead of needing day one updates to fix a broken game.
The game wasn't fast installing to my PS4 either. All in all, I think it took about 3 hours before things were good to go. :rolleyes:

I often lament games being released in a broken state, relying on patches later down the road to fix things. It's the reason I don't purchase any games now at launch. What's the point? Best to give them some time to reach the state they should have been released in in the first place.
Ha ha yeah but even then getting a few minutes is proving harder & harder.
That's true. It makes the time you do get to play even more special though. :p

Still remember crapping myself when the dogs jump through the window...even in blocky Ps1 graphics it was terrifying
Oh I hated those mutts with a passion! They were tricky to shoot and really put a dent in your limited ammo supplies. I'll take a slow moving zombie over them any day. :laugh:

Getting excited to try it now.
It's a real treat, especially for fans who played the original back in the day.

Oh guess what...started Gears 3 :D:D:D:D
Currently on Act 2 & starting to get to grips with it all again :)
Hopefully plough through some more soon.
Yay! :clap: Pleased to read that. :thumbsup:

How does it feel to be back with the old squad? ;)

They are still seriously impressive & I adore them
They were groundbreaking, creating a genre that's one of my favourites to this day. Great games always hold up, no matter how much time passes. ;)

Did you ever fancy any of the Resi Hot Toys figures released over the years?

I have no idea really where they go from here but they have alienated so many fans it is going to be a long uphill struggle.
It's clear their hearts aren't in gaming any more, which is why a lot of fans have deserted them. Like you, I long for the Konami of old. If they were to find their passion for video games again, I've got a good idea how they could turn things around, but it would take time.

Firstly, they would need to lay the groundwork. Put the proper effort and resources into producing a few worthy entries in to some of their beloved franchises, similar to what Capcom has done over the last few years.

To fully redeem themselves there is one title in particular they could bring back that, if done right, could win a lot of fans back. Two letters. Can you guess? ;)
Yep Pocket Money only stretched so far & new games meant finding ways to buy them so off went older ones to pay for them
We were eBaying before eBay was even a thing. :laugh:

Looking for a reasonable priced copy at the mo :)
Good man. :smashin: What kind of prices are copies going for at the moment?

I was lucky & someone was selling one on here...think I paid around £60 delivered IIRC
Was a LONG time ago now
What a bargain! Even if it's got a good number of years under it's belt, the fact that it's still serving you well now proves what a good investment it was. :smashin:

Ha ha ha no...not even when I had a *Cough* Copy *Cough* of Overfiend on VHS, that was when they weren't home only one ;)
Urotsukidoji was certainly an eye opener on many levels. :eek: At the end of my viewing I was sure glad I chose not to watch it in the living room, lol. :laugh:

Still need to get Doomed Megalopolis on DVD
Is it available on DVD from the states?
Mine too
It absolutely blew me away when I watched it as a kid think it was one of my most watched tapes back in the day...along with FotNS, 3x3 Eyes, Cyber City OEDO & Crying Freeman
All were just amazing to see.
Given D's popularity I'm surprised they haven't made more animated features about him. After all there are plenty of Manga stories they could cover.

I tanned the life out of my VHS copy too and was over the moon when I learned of the bluray release. I felt so deflated when I discovered it was US only, for now, but worse that they changed the dub and neglected to include the original for long time fans. :thumbsdow

Good shout on those other titles you mentioned. :smashin:

Oh dear, might have to try & watch it at some point soon then to see how bad it is.
I'd welcome your thoughts. :)

I think I still have my Manga VHS, I definitely have my cardboard case US VHS :)
You have US VHS tapes as well? That's awesome! :D I assume you have a requisite player too?

Ha ha well worth setting the account up for ;)
It certainly was. The animation in the sequel is gorgeous and I enjoyed the story. The original remains my favourite though.

No problems buddy, will sort them out soon :)
No pressure. Just whenever is convenient. :)

Never give up hope in this day & age it could get revived any time
Speaking of revivals, have you heard Netflix are bringing back He-man, or The Hench as I like to call him now. :D We were only talking about that a short time ago. :p Here's hoping they do a good job with it. :)

It's a joke that they will remove stuff when they feel like it
Capcom just took Duck Tales remastered off PSN & Xbox Live so that's another game lost to the ether if you hadn't already downloaded it.
It's ridiculous
I loathe the digital download model as it is so anti-consumer. You pay full price for something you don't own and only have access to it for a finite amount of time. o_O Err...no thanks.

I tell you, the day gaming goes all digital is the day I give it up.

I wasn't aware the Duck Tales remaster had got the chop. That royally sucks. :thumbsdow

Funny you should say that...I have one in my Beast Wars collection ;)
I have Polar Claw who turns into a Polar Bear ;)
Ha, ha, brialliant! Do you think you can sneak him in there unnoticed? :p

Ha ha maybe one day ;)
You could always photoshop out Fry's head and put the head of your current avatar on it. Just a suggestion. :D

Erm would I ever be considering trying to fit anything new into my collection?? ;):blush:
Only when you are awake, lol! :laugh:

The age old problem ;)
The collectors Kryptonite. :p
Absolutely, it's heartbreaking.
It is. :( I'll just have to try and enjoy the film, when I finally get round to it, regardless.

Next week!!!!
Then I just need to find time to watch it :facepalm::facepalm:
As soon as possible would be my advice. ;)

Managed it last night!!
Freaking amazing, one of the best in the series
Brie plays a great Captain Marvel, Jude Law is good as the big bad & it's great seeing how Nick develops originally
Also Goose the Cat is like the best bit part character in any move EVER!!
You need to see it lol
CANNOT wait to get my hands on the HT figure now though.
Nicely done. :smashin: You're on a roll bud, keep it up. :D

I'll get to it when I can. ;)

Ha ha yeah not sure how it happens myself, might have to grab the comics myself now.
If you find out before I do please let me know. :) I'm proper curious about it.

He he, sorry...I'm trying
It's all good. I'm so looking forward to it. :D

This heat isn't helping my worries either, loft is so hot & so much good stuff up there...I'm getting worried about it to be honest.
Other than opening the hatch to give the loft some ventilation, I'm not sure what else you can do.

Absolutely, I was heart broken when I found it.
I can definitely sympathise.

Luckily the other figure in there (Robots in disguise Scourge) fared much better & no noticeable damage
Phew! That's a relief.

...but still Fire Convoy was my absolute fave of the line & 2nd hand prices for mint ones are north of £200 now :(
Rumours of a 3rd Party Masterpiece scaled one are filling me with a little hope that I might be able to replace him but not sure when that will ever see the light of day :(
Try and stay positive buddy. You just never know in this game. An opportunity may yet present itself. :)

gam

Yeah dropped to around 1.17 on the high street now
This means that before shipping & customs GA is nearly £510!!
Checked for the shipping & that is just over £80 so all in before Customs you are looking at £600
As much as I want him...I reckon I'm fully out now.​

Sorry to hear that but totally get where you are coming from, £500ish was bad enough for them but that is really stretching things now. You have to draw the line somewhere although there seems to be a lot of positive comments about how good this one looks if there was ever going to be one you would push the boat out for I would have thought this would have been it

Only way a PF makes any kind of sense is if we can find them on secondary market for less than retail :(
.....and then most are looking retail prices or above on the secondary market no matter how sought after they are which although not impossible it does make getting one at a better price at a later date less likely than it used to

Ha ha yeah but again cost is a big factor :(
:(

Sadly I'll be away for the next MCM...It falls on Halloween weekend & I'll be in Florida ;)
That doesn't sound too 'sad' ;)

Yeah had been wondering if it might not...but as above not sure I can do it even if it does now :(
I take it still nothing? Longer it goes the less likely now which for the reasons above may be a blessing in disguise to take the hard choice out of your hands

Same.
Still need to order Death & Shazham
I was actually considering canceling my pre-orders for them and picking them up when they are released as Forbidden Planet has been a bit less reliable with my last two DC pieces which after a fair few years with no problems its unlike them

Thanks for link...currently in my watch list & VERY, VERY tempted

Ah damn, but if they are cropping up I might get lucky then ;)
So, it went for a reasonable amount, did you bid?

Also seen a Huntress PF go for not too much this week

Ah the old wait to see in hand first ;)
Yeah I may as well as its likely to be available for a little less than pre-order prices when its released so can make my mind up then ;)

Totally.
But then it's 3 statues for a little more than the price of 1 PF these days ;) :laugh::laugh:
If I liked them enough that would be the, errr logic, I'd be using to justify buying them :laugh:
I might be getting more miserable but its getting harder to click the buy button on a lot of these things lately due to the prices :(

Ha ha yeah he's something of a nobody ;)

Nope he's not too shabby but where there is one there are more & I will probably need the Optimus Prime to go with him & Megatron when he is released ;)

And it won't be long before she moves to a purchase then ;)
I'm holding off untill I get some re-arranged and get them where I wnat them to go then I can see if there will even be room for her, if not at least I'm happy with the others that I already have
You're welcome man, they look glorious & Supergirl is an absolute beauty
I might keep a close eye on these myself now

Neil
Cheers :smashin:

At least they, like most of the DC lines, still represent more reasonable value for money so worth keeping an eye on

I agree. Robin and Nightwing are far too close together. I don't like the upside down acrobatic pose they've given Nightwing and Batgirl's suit just looks off to me.
Yeah just makes it all look awkwared and cluttered :thumbsdow

I hope you are right as that sounds like a good layout. :smashin: Let's see what happens.

I've had my eye on them since last week. :p
Sooo, any stray clicking on the buy button :p

The bargain hunter in me rarely let's me play any other way. :laugh:

I got Batgirl for a great price, so the coffers didn't take too much of a hit. Red has definitely caught me off guard, but I'm kind of chuffed I've got another shot at him. If I could get him for a good price, I'd definitely like one. Out of the two, I'd say Nightwing is the priority, but how long do I wait before I should act on one? It's a tough call. :facepalm:

You know me mate. I'll pounce when the price is right. :D
I hope you can get them both :devil:

Red Hood is still around for a reaonable price but don't see any cheaper Nightwings at the minute :thumbsdow

A shelf would be ideal, but I'm not sure how much space I'll have to spare whenever my TV gets an upgrade. I really need that in place first to assess what's possible.
Sounds like a plan :smashin:

I had my display custom made for that very purpose as I'm forever trying out new ideas. :)

What is it you like about each set?
The finish on the newer DS ones are better as the older DC Collectibles stuff was never that great but I like how the three seperate statues of the JL build a scene join together to make one with them all in a running pose which works very well all together

You've got a point about the manufacturers constantly raising prices, but I find retailers often add a little too much on top to try and make more out of us, especially with new releases. Case in point, Amazon are now asking £160 for a Designer Series Nightwing, which is up from the £148 they were initially asking. :eek:

Amazon seem to be becoming more hit and miss when it comes to being competitive these days.
Yeah amazon have gone the wrong way with this Nightwing and is one of the more expensive than everywhere else ones...... you can only hope they reduce it way down before it sells out

Aas you say they do seem to be very random with their prices for new releases lately with some very low and others very high :confused:

I totally understand. If I had the space and were to include statues outside of the Batman ones, she's one I would definitely pick up as I really like the design. :smashin:

Don't get me wrong, I actually like the Cho WW, she's a fine piece, but the new one just pips her for me. I vaguely recall trying to nudge you towards the Cho one for a while. :p
Yeah I was tempted when amazon had her cheapish but happy I waited as this new one fits in better here

I know how satisfying that must feel. I'm pleased for you mate. :thumbsup:

Just need to wonder where Harley will fit in next year :laugh:

I hope the line has years left in it. I'm longing for some more Batman villains, other than Harley.
Well they have done Red Hood and Nightwing which both seemed like relatively out of the blue characters for the line so you never know they may pop up with a few villians over time to keep you happy

How many more will you be adding to your collection this year?
Next two Bombshells are due in January, so none unless they come early :(

Not diverted enough it would seem, as you still managed to mention her. :nono::p
I bet you had another look at her on sideshows site too :hiya:

Thanks mate. They aren't a patch on your pics mind. I rarely get the chance to work with natural light, so I'm always having to use indoor lighting which isn't the best at times. Regardless, I'm always happy to contribute pics when I can. :)
Same here with the indoor lighting, there's very few of my collection that has every even seen sunlight here :laugh:

Hope to see some pics of a Red Hood and Nightwing combo soon :p

Yes, that helps. Although Harley keeps drawing her daggers. :laugh: Ms. Quinn is very high maintenance. :p

Bless you, sir. I knew there was some good in you. :D
just a little :laugh:

Thanks mate. :) Yes, it's turning out well. So much for my different theme for each shelf plans. :rolleyes::p
Plans can easily change and in this case evolve :thumbsup:

@Soundwave is the master when it comes to turning heads and getting you to consider other lines. His 'must have 'em' attitude is quite infectious. :p Kudo's to you for holding out as long as you did on the Bombshells, but I'm glad you gave in to them eventually. I do love that collection of yours. :love:
Cheers, as you know they are a favourite of mine too :thumbsup:

Ideally, I'd want Batman, Harley and Catwoman bare minimum. I'd just have to find a way to make 4 work. Acquiring said pieces for a decent price really is the main challenge.
Batman seems to be a realistic one for around the £100 mark but the other two seem to be very few these days and even less likely for anything near a reasonable price :(

Other option in the future which I think you mentioned before would be cut your loses, sell Mr Freeze and alocate a third shelf to another trio of Designer series ones..... you just know that would look great :cool:

Soundwave

Distinguished Member
You are right there. I found more gems than duds though. What about you?
Ha ha same, but then when small pocket money was involved you had to be more selective anyway ;)

bemused One said:
Me too. It's like mourning the loss of an old friend. :(
Totally, still not recovered :laugh::laugh:

bemused One said:
Yep, chatting to randoms online just isn't the same. :thumbsdow
nope it's totally spoilt multi player gaming for me these days.

bemused One said:
Fair play to him. :smashin:
Totally I was always impressed with his work ethic & effort to have the latest gaming goodies.

bemused One said:
Sounds like he got stung on his Jpn N64 though. I got mine from Malaysia for £350.
Not sure though, he had his with Mario 64 & Wave Race at launch...that said it was a LONG time ago now so I might well have forgotten the actual amount ;) lol

bemused One said:
Ha ha, we all knew someone like that. ;)
Yep & I'm glad I knew him ;)
Keep trying to track him down again now see how he's getting on but failing miserably :(

bemused One said:
No worries. Is the project definitely going ahead?
Not sure, haven't seen many updates lately, I hope so though.

bemused One said:
That's a good shout. SD cards would be a fitting approach for them to take. :smashin:
I think so...also be cool if they didn't slot in all the way & popped out the top like the old school Neo ;)

bemused One said:
The game wasn't fast installing to my PS4 either. All in all, I think it took about 3 hours before things were good to go. :rolleyes:

I often lament games being released in a broken state, relying on patches later down the road to fix things. It's the reason I don't purchase any games now at launch. What's the point? Best to give them some time to reach the state they should have been released in in the first place.
Oh it's awful isn't it?
I miss the old days of cartridge gaming so much at the moment

bemused One said:
That's true. It makes the time you do get to play even more special though. :p
Yep...on the rare occasion I do get a go it's well savoured ;)

bemused One said:
Oh I hated those mutts with a passion! They were tricky to shoot and really put a dent in your limited ammo supplies. I'll take a slow moving zombie over them any day. :laugh:
Absolutely, they were the worst in all the games

bemused One said:
It's a real treat, especially for fans who played the original back in the day.
Definitely need to experience it all again...think I need to buy the Re-Re-make of Res 1 first though just to do them all justice ;)

bemused One said:
Yay! :clap: Pleased to read that. :thumbsup:

How does it feel to be back with the old squad? ;)
It's good, did forget how difficult the targeting can be at times though
Will try again to get back on for a bit tonight.

bemused One said:
They were groundbreaking, creating a genre that's one of my favourites to this day. Great games always hold up, no matter how much time passes. ;)
Exactly, they were the games that really started the whole thing...despite Afraid of the Dark being on PC a little bit before it was Res Evil that took it to the heights it needed to be at

bemused One said:
Did you ever fancy any of the Resi Hot Toys figures released over the years?
I did but only really liked the Leon figure.

bemused One said:
It's clear their hearts aren't in gaming any more, which is why a lot of fans have deserted them. Like you, I long for the Konami of old. If they were to find their passion for video games again, I've got a good idea how they could turn things around, but it would take time.

Firstly, they would need to lay the groundwork. Put the proper effort and resources into producing a few worthy entries in to some of their beloved franchises, similar to what Capcom has done over the last few years.

To fully redeem themselves there is one title in particular they could bring back that, if done right, could win a lot of fans back. Two letters. Can you guess? ;)
They need to work as if they are a brand new company again & start from the ground up like you said.

Hmm would it be Silent Hill?? ;)

bemused One said:
We were eBaying before eBay was even a thing. :laugh:
Ha ha yeah.

bemused One said:
Good man. :smashin: What kind of prices are copies going for at the moment?
Around the £30 mark so not much cheaper than launch sadly.

bemused One said:
What a bargain! Even if it's got a good number of years under it's belt, the fact that it's still serving you well now proves what a good investment it was. :smashin:
Totally, although I am still after an all in one Multi Region player to free up a little space in the cabinet.

bemused One said:
Urotsukidoji was certainly an eye opener on many levels. :eek: At the end of my viewing I was sure glad I chose not to watch it in the living room, lol. :laugh:
Ha ha yeah, certainly nothing like I expected...I was in a shock I think when it had finished, never seen anything like it.

bemused One said:
Is it available on DVD from the states?
Yeah but long out of print & sadly now with a price tag to match the OOP status :(

bemused One said:
Given D's popularity I'm surprised they haven't made more animated features about him. After all there are plenty of Manga stories they could cover.

I tanned the life out of my VHS copy too and was over the moon when I learned of the bluray release. I felt so deflated when I discovered it was US only, for now, but worse that they changed the dub and neglected to include the original for long time fans. :thumbsdow
Yeah heard there were other titles in the series but never read any of them, might have to hunt a few down
Seems like a bizarre choice to not include it in anyway, still I do have the original to go back to if it is too bad ;)

bemused One said:
Good shout on those other titles you mentioned. :smashin:
So much awesome Anime from the early 90's & some of it is still so good to watch

bemused One said:
I'd welcome your thoughts. :)
Will let you know as soon as I see it.

bemused One said:
You have US VHS tapes as well? That's awesome! :D I assume you have a requisite player too?
Ha ha well only that one
I bought it in Florida in 2000 & was one of the last tapes I ever bought...was moving to DVD then
I did have a VCR that could play back US Tapes, it's gone now but do still have a VCR that I'm hoping will play it

bemused One said:
It certainly was. The animation in the sequel is gorgeous and I enjoyed the story. The original remains my favourite though.
Same nothing tops the original, love it so much

bemused One said:
No pressure. Just whenever is convenient. :)
No problems will do.

bemused One said:
Speaking of revivals, have you heard Netflix are bringing back He-man, or The Hench as I like to call him now. :D We were only talking about that a short time ago. :p Here's hoping they do a good job with it. :)
Yeah I saw that, interesting news.
I see Kevin Smith is on board to write it & it's set directly as a sequel to the original cartoon so hope it still has a filmation style about it rather that super updated like She-Ra
Super excited to see what it's like though

bemused One said:
I loathe the digital download model as it is so anti-consumer. You pay full price for something you don't own and only have access to it for a finite amount of time. o_O Err...no thanks.

I tell you, the day gaming goes all digital is the day I give it up.
Same on both counts.
You basically only rent the titles now until they decide to take it away from you

bemused One said:
I wasn't aware the Duck Tales remaster had got the chop. That royally sucks. :thumbsdow
Yeah think it's a joke to be honest.

bemused One said:
Ha, ha, brialliant! Do you think you can sneak him in there unnoticed? :p
Ha ha probably not...he's still sealed in the box ;)

bemused One said:
You could always photoshop out Fry's head and put the head of your current avatar on it. Just a suggestion. :D
I definitely don't have the photoshop skills for that

bemused One said:
Only when you are awake, lol! :laugh:
Hey...are you saying I have a problem ;):rotfl:

bemused One said:
The collectors Kryptonite. :p
The thing that curses us all.

bemused One said:
It is. :( I'll just have to try and enjoy the film, when I finally get round to it, regardless.
You'll get there & it will still be great when you do.

bemused One said:
As soon as possible would be my advice. ;)
HA ha, it's definitely going to be a while yet sadly.

bemused One said:
Nicely done. :smashin: You're on a roll bud, keep it up. :D
Ha ha, think that's my MCU viewings done for a little while now sadly :(

bemused One said:
I'll get to it when I can. ;)
It's worth your time, it really is.

bemused One said:
If you find out before I do please let me know. :) I'm proper curious about it.
Will do

bemused One said:
It's all good. I'm so looking forward to it. :D
So am I ;)

bemused One said:
Other than opening the hatch to give the loft some ventilation, I'm not sure what else you can do.
I hadn't considered that, might have to crack it a little just for ventilation

bemused One said:
I can definitely sympathise.
Hoping I haven't caused issues anywhere else now either.

bemused One said:
Phew! That's a relief.
Yes thankfully...one wrecked Transformer is about all I can deal with lol

bemused One said:
Try and stay positive buddy. You just never know in this game. An opportunity may yet present itself. :)
We'll see, would love to find one.

Neil

Soundwave

Distinguished Member
Sorry to hear that but totally get where you are coming from, £500ish was bad enough for them but that is really stretching things now. You have to draw the line somewhere although there seems to be a lot of positive comments about how good this one looks if there was ever going to be one you would push the boat out for I would have thought this would have been it​

Yeah been looking at the pictures a lot & agree pushing the boat out would be worth it here but I'm still not sure.
Even with my Reward points this will look at costing me around £350-£400 by the time it arrives
I really don't know what to do these days

Gam said:
.....and then most are looking retail prices or above on the secondary market no matter how sought after they are which although not impossible it does make getting one at a better price at a later date less likely than it used to
Yep & even less seem to be appearing in the UK for sale as well so then you factor in the shipping plus man handling from US to here with far less come back than direct with Sideshow & secondary market seems even less appealing

Gam said:
That doesn't sound too 'sad' ;)
Ha ha yeah I'm sure I'll manage...somehow...going to be areal struggle ;) lol

Gam said:
I take it still nothing? Longer it goes the less likely now which for the reasons above may be a blessing in disguise to take the hard choice out of your hands
Yep nope, still all quiet on the western front

Gam said:
I was actually considering canceling my pre-orders for them and picking them up when they are released as Forbidden Planet has been a bit less reliable with my last two DC pieces which after a fair few years with no problems its unlike them
Ah that's a shame but still can't see them being hard to grab after release

Gam said:
So, it went for a reasonable amount, did you bid?
No I didn't in the end.
The damage to the thumb put me off a bit...it was only slight but once you know it's there :(
Still hoping one turns up

Gam said:
Also seen a Huntress PF go for not too much this week
Damn missed that...still HIGH on my want list...along with Power Girl

Gam said:
Yeah I may as well as its likely to be available for a little less than pre-order prices when its released so can make my mind up then ;)
Yeah again, not likely to be ones that are hard to get after they release.

Gam said:
If I liked them enough that would be the, errr logic, I'd be using to justify buying them :laugh:
Ha ha, it might be the logic I use now...IF I don't jump on the Green Arrow PF
My RP might get me at least one shipped so could just be a Customs bill to pay on them...same goes for the PCS Soundwave
Things like Tweeterhead & PCS are looking more affordable with the RP option

Gam said:
I might be getting more miserable but its getting harder to click the buy button on a lot of these things lately due to the prices :(
Nope exactly the same here...even Transformers are suffering...where I'd normally smash the Buy button with all my might as soon as announced, it's just not happening these days
Most of the ones I want are getting on for £150+ & the new MP Optimus Prime is over £340!!
It's gotten out of hand
Still a few at sub £60 that will grace the collection but those are getting thin on the ground.

Gam said:
I'm holding off untill I get some re-arranged and get them where I wnat them to go then I can see if there will even be room for her, if not at least I'm happy with the others that I already have
Ah more cabinet Tetris required first ;)

Gam said:

At least they, like most of the DC lines, still represent more reasonable value for money so worth keeping an eye on
No worries dude, you're welcome
Yeah the DC collectibles stuff is still reasonable in the grand scheme of things & something that we may all have to use as our main line if they keep the PFs at levels they are at now

Neil

Trending threads

Latest News

Samsung's new AI ScaleNet codec supports 8K streaming
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Netflix UK free trials come to an end
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Sony update brings AirPlay 2 and Dolby Atmos support to select TVs
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published