Quantcast

Collectors Figures (Picture Heavy) - Part 3

gam

spikecast

Looks good! Dare I ask how is Sideshows QC these days?

gam

Looks good! Dare I ask how is Sideshows QC these days?
Still the odd googly eye here and there moreso with the premium formats that I've seen pics off and due to their nature you are always going to get the occasional breakage.

I haven't read anything but postitive things about Rogue so far though, having said that it would seem they are shipping in batches so you can only hope the ones to come are as good as the ones that have already shipped

Soundwave

Distinguished Member
Standard suit with standard unmasked head will do me fine..... keeping it simple:)

Simple is the best way forward ;)
Gam said:
Turned out to be just ok, looked and sounded good though so an easy pass for the figure, phew ;)

Glad to hear it...more money for other stuffs ;)

Gam said:
I gathered it was something like that for the bigger fans of the character but I wouldn't think it would appeal as much to the more casual fans
Yeah feel it was something only the bigger fans could care about really

Gam said:
Would she have been as high up on your wanted list as Powergirl or Green Arrow?
Well I had been really keen on picking her up a while back so yeah I think she would be up there.
Possibly not as much as Huntress but a close runner...plus she would look good next to Batman.

Gam said:
I kept on looking at the newer Red Sonja PF on sideshow which has just recently sold out too. I'm sure there will be plenty in the future to use our reward points on ;)
Yes I'm sure I won't go wanting if I don't get a conversion on my GA ;)

Gam said:
Another two mighty fine looking statues but not a line that appeals much to me. Do you have any preference with the two Kiers?
I actually like them both & think 1 might be slightly better but I'd be more than happy with V2

Gam said:
Hope you can hold onto your pennies for a little while longer as I would hate to hear of you spending them and then your waitlist converting and you having to cancel it.
Well I sort of held onto my pennies as I never made it to LFCC on Sunday, a few things conspired against me & I couldn't go :(
That said I do have a pre-order to pay for this week now anyway so probably better I didn't go ;)

Gam said:
Its not too long to wait now, I would have thought if it hasn't converted within a week or two of them starting to ship the likelihood of it happening will significantly reduce.
Yeah we'll see, still showing late August so we may get lucky still

Gam said:
Really, you've never mentioned it :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Theres still hope for an individual Powergirl then ;)
Oh god don't if we got Power Girl too I think I might implode :rotfl::rotfl:

Gam said:
I did see some pics of a few of them as I remember the one:12 thing throwing me again and did see the Jim Gordon one but not the Batman one, both look good :cool:
They do look good don't they?
If price is still around the £70 mark I think I might bite

Gam said:
Really :cool:

I'd entertain adding the Batmobile but would only be interested to see a Batwing release
I think the Batmobile looks great, would be interested to see the Batwing but both aren't things I'd get

Gam said:
He's on my wee maybe list :)
I expect there's a very good chance he'll jump from the maybe to the must have list at some point ;)
Gam said:
Is that not him on Sideshows Scarecrows base :rolleyes:

Doesn't really count I suppose but I get where you are coming from
Ha ha yes that's him & you're right...it doesn't count :p:p:p
Closest we have had is in the B&W line & from others like Kotobukiya or Prime 1
He's sadly lacking from SS line up

Gam said:
Seeing them individually I thought they would go well together, I wasn't aware they had interconnecting bases :cool:
Yeah they were designed to be put together as a bat-family display.
Would love them all but over $750 + shipping for them is a bit much sadly :(

Gam said:
Its the dirty ex Batman that caught my eye, looks great :thumbsup:
He certainly looks great in battle damage ;)

Gam said:
I don't think I've came across them but to be honest I wouldn't have looked too much at Transformers stuff to know who was making any of them
They do some amazing stuff but have heard of a lot of issues with them as accompany.
Sideshow have taken over & handling distribution now so people are hoping things improve but a lot have been burnt previously so are wary & staying clear.

Gam said:
lol.... would be nice gimmicks for both

They seem to have moved away from the Holiday variants probably due to how well (or not) the WW and HQ were received and now have the sepia variants to cash in on instead :rolleyes:
Yeah think they would work really well, but like you said they seem to have dropped the idea.
Shame but agree that sales of WW & HQ probably didn't go as well as anticipated.

Gam said:
The Joelle Jones ones were meant to be a similar price to that but I think the most I paid for any of the four I have was £105. Would thing Batgirl will be similar if you time it right and don't procrastinate too long when its released ;)
Will keep a close eye on them, might be tempted ;)

Gam said:
No hadn't seen that, would only consider the Iron Studio for into the spiderverse though
Think the HT ones look good but stick with the statues.

Gam said:
Did see the HT game ones, I wouldn't rule out picking one of the more traditional suit versions of that at some stage as I did enjoy the game
Yeah I keep looking at the Game ones but haven't played the game yet so not sure which ones.
Would love a classic suit in the collection & the Scarlett Spider suit looks really good too.

Gam said:
Fully agree.... although part of me is feeling that we are not as blown away as much with premium formats as much as we used to be due to the pics of Prime 1 and XM's offerings in the last year or two.
Yeah certainly feels like a weaker showing this year from SS
Plenty there but not like the mega reveals we had of years past.

Gam said:
At least there is a few things there for you to watch out for :smashin:
Was always going to be the way...have you ever known a 'Con go past without my list increasing?? ;)

Gam said:
The seamless body would be a must for that one IMO as I can't stand joints being on show when displayed :nono:
Absolutely & it appears that Phicen have the best seamless bodies on the market.
They also have such a variety of body types available that you could practically use them to build any custom you could imagine

Gam said:
Even the base looks very good compared to a lot of the more basic plain ones :thumbsup:
Definitely, think they replicated the statue base really well there & it works brilliantly
Looking forward to the reveal for Gethsemoni now.

Neil

Soundwave

Distinguished Member
Hi all - long time no see! Been looking at some sideshow reveals recently and have to say the Gambit statue from Sideshow looks amazing! Always regretted selling my Gambit PF EX!
Welcome back buddy glad to see you around again

Spikecast said:
I'm really tempted to get back in game just for that statue alone! Hope you're all well!
Yeah, yeah ONE Statue that's what you think...you know how this works...won't be long before you have several ;) lol

Neil

spikecast

Welcome back buddy glad to see you around again

Yeah, yeah ONE Statue that's what you think...you know how this works...won't be long before you have several ;) lol

Neil

Thanks mate! Yeah that's the worry...where will it end! I have to say some of the statues these days sideshow are putting out are unbelievable. Some really dynamic poses which makes a world of difference! Good to be back! I've had a bit of a rough time over the last year separating from my ex who wouldn't let me see my son much, long story short I took it to court and got the access I was seeking including half of all school holidays! I feel like a new person, so glad I'm out of that situation! :)

Soundwave

Distinguished Member
Thanks mate! Yeah that's the worry...where will it end! I have to say some of the statues these days sideshow are putting out are unbelievable. Some really dynamic poses which makes a world of difference! Good to be back! I've had a bit of a rough time over the last year separating from my ex who wouldn't let me see my son much, long story short I took it to court and got the access I was seeking including half of all school holidays! I feel like a new person, so glad I'm out of that situation! :)
Ha ha yeah it's never ending once you get back into it.
Yeah the new action poses look great, I do prefer a museum pose myself but if done right Action poses look amazing

Sorry to hear about the separation & issues man, glad things got sorted.
You know what that scares me the most is if I ever separated from my other half not seeing my daughter every day would be the worst so I'm really pleased you got that kind of agreement sorted :smashin::):)

Anyway welcome back & look forward to seeing you around more :)

Neil

Bemused One

Distinguished Member
Still looking :boring:

Shocked there hasn't been a pic of them all yet
You've probably seen this by now, but just in case you haven't, here you go:-

I think it's pretty decent. Nice to see Penguin get a look in this time.

I know what you mean, I'd be the same myself these days but if global shipping is available you pay the fees upfront along with the item which takes that variable out of the equation.
Do they do that often?

Still have the worry of long distance if there are any issues though :(
Hope for the best, but expect the worst. That way you can manage any disappointment, but be elated if all is good. ;)

I thoght it was always August - DC DESIGNER SERIES: NIGHTWING BY JIM LEE STATUE

FP which usually update to reasonably accurate dates have him for the 5th August
Sweet! The sooner the better! :D

By the way he looks as good as the rest of the line.......
Thanks for that. :smashin: He looks just as good as in the pictures. Looking forward to this one. :)

and so it begins :devil::devil::devil:
No need to tempt me, he was always going to be a definite. ;) At what price will I get him for is the real question. :p

Seems good for new releases, I was dubious at first as he was listing them a bit earlier and cheaper than most places but no issues with the 4 or 5 items I've bought from them and will likely use again
That's good to know. Helps put my mind at ease. :)

I'll be interested to see if he gets Nightwing in.

you mean listS lol
Yes, quite right. My mistake. :D

Most of it I'm unlikely ever to buy but theres still plenty that I might if the price hits a point that appeals
Anything you'd like to share with the group? :p

Then you'd need the Joker and Harley to go with him :cool:
Not at all. I could easily one shot him in this case. ;)

See there is another version of him coming out early next year
Yeah? Got a link or pic for him?

Yeah I wonder who she is :confused:
I may need to do more research. :p

Here's two links which work without signing up. The ex head is doing nothing for me :thumbsdow
Link 1
Link 2
Thanks for those mate. :love::love::love: Is it me or is the placement of the right eye on the statue in the first link in a slightly different position to the one on the statue in the second link?

Agreed about the ex head, that's an easy pass for me.

But the question is it one that is worth taking?
Heart says yes, head says no. :p

Me too, I'd even be happy with the teases just before the pre-orders open which can be a long time before release but I guess the companys cant win as there are many wanting teases of things earlier and earlier in the process these days
Sometimes pandering to the fans whims isn't always the best idea.

I though it was because it didn't get licensor final approval? But who knows, maybe they will shock us and release it out of the blue
The Aliens Ripley had a better likeness than the Alien one they actually released IMO, so I can't see how it wouldn't get the nod from Ms. Weaver. Mind you, what do I know? :p

I've given up on the idea of them ever releasing Aliens Ripley now. :(

None really individually as I'm happy with the three to be honest but would consider any more if they were for doing a few more
The other 3 members of the Justice League will hopefully follow, then you'll have a complete set. :)

In fear it would make me really want the bigger version
Nothing wrong with that. He's a boss, I can vouch for that. :D

The bigger one seems harder to come by now and you'd have to pay a lot more for one now it would seem. :eek:

Yeah I'd definetly need least one more to pair him with and the Joker would be the obvious choice
A Joker would inevitably lead to Harley of course. ;) I've noted you are down for the new Designer Series one that was shown at SDCC, which may inspire you to get the others even if right now you don't think it will. :devil:

I do have the B&W line now to scrarch my Batman itch so very unlikely I would go for these mini ones
Speaking of the B&W line, the upcoming Todd McFarlane release, or Batspawn as I like to call him :D, is epic. I tell you what, if they keep producing pieces like that and Batman on the throne, I may well jump back in to the line. Too much awesome to miss out on!

By the way, thanks for posting the link to the pics with the entire B&W line pictured together. They are phenomenal! :thumbsup:

Oh yes, its a lot sweeter feeling than overpaying thats for sure :clap:
Definitely. It's a feeling that can be quite addictive if you are not careful. ;)

Speaking of sweet deals, I managed to bag one recently. :D I'll post pics when I get a chance. :)

hehe.....and I've done it again :clap:
I'm sure we'll find something to tease you with at some point. ;)

Really need to get my finger/camera out and take some pics :blush:
No pressure. Only whenever is convenient. :)

Yeah I prefered the standard ones too, the full coloured ones even the Harley one are just less appealing to me in that line
There's currently a brand new Arkham Catwoman up for sale on the bay. Only a mere £350. :rolleyes::laugh:

He is good in hand like the rest of them but I know where you are coming from, he was one I originally passed on and then picked up a little later when I decided to go completist on the line
Did you get him for a good price?

It was £25 for a reason, the repairs looked a lot less than seamless
Ah right. I would have definitely passed then.

Have still read a few bits by accident when reading about other things that I would have prefered not to but I should still enjoy the movies when I get to see them
I've inadvertently came across so many spoilers for Endgame I don't think I need to see it any more. :(

Captain Marvel is in the post so should be here next week for my regular Wednesday night movie night :thumbsup:
I'm pleased to read you enjoyed it. :) Is it a more generic entry, as some have said, compared to the others?

Bemused One

Distinguished Member
Ha ha yeah & there are so many we never did :(
At least we got to import at least a few gems. :)

Ah that clears that up then, thanks I got it totally wrong lol
That's okay, I knew what you meant. ;)

Speaking of Vania, have you seen Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night? Looks ace! :smashin:

Yeah think they possibly have, but they are still fun ;)
Fun, but brutal, lol.

Some of the best :)
A golden age. ;)

Same, their output up to & including the PS2 Era were easily some of the greatest games ever produced
Their 8-Bit & 16-Bit stuff is the thing of legends, not even Capcom were as good as they were back then
Spot on. Almost every title they released for a time was an absolute banger!

Capcom were probably my second favourite publisher after Konami back then.
I have absolutely no idea, it looks terrible
It will bomb hard, tarnishing yet another of their once beloved franchises.

:D

Anything made by Hori would be my recommendation
Madcatz Closed up shop a couple of years back now so they aren't producing anymore.
Hori are the only ones now sadly :(
Were the Madcatz ones as good as the Hori offerings?

I have the Metal Slug Anthology for the Wii but nothing on the bigger consoles
My 2D fighter list is actually pretty weak if I'm honest...

Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition
BlazBlue: Chrono phantasma
Arcana Heart 3
Marvel Vs Capcom
Virtua Fighter 5
Mortal Kombat vs DC
Injustice

Those are off the top of my head, might be one or 2 more but that's about it
That's a decent little haul. Far better than mine. I've stuck exclusively to Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat over the years, although I don't have any of the more recent titles. :blush:

Good stories always tend to stay with you.

Not started :( lol
Lol! :laugh:

Okay, what about now?

Yeah have a lot.
Can't remember all but off the top of my head...

Akira (about 3 times)
Full Metal Alchemist
Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood
Urotsukidoji (1-4)
Witch Hunter Robin
Serial Experiments: Lain
Zoids
Dragonball Super
Dragonball Z: Kai
Dragonball Z movies
Bleach (seasons 1-16 & the 4 movies)
Jo Jos Bizarre Adventure
Gundam Wing (plus the movie - Endless Waltz)
Heat Guy J
Kill La Kill
Gunslinger Girl
Elfen Leid
Death Note
Strike Witches
New Fist of the North Star

Some more as well but can't remember them now lol
Nice! :cool: Are the majority of those imports?

I assume they never finished Fist of the North Star.....again?​

Thanks man...I need it...Gargoyles seems to have hit stupid prices now :(
Hopefully if you bide your time, you'll catch a bargain some day. :)

Oh we do, they get a good rest when me & Chloe play etc.
That's good to read. :smashin:

Yeah they were, such a shame we never got to see their natural conclusions though
Stupid, money grabbing execs! :mad:

Ha ha, I had toys too, but my brother was the much bigger fan so it was more his thing & I just had toys to play with him
Have you seen the Mezco mega scale Thundercat figures? I think they are pretty decent. Too big though! :eek: Now if they were 1/6 scale. :love:

Also, if I had the funds and the room, I would have been all over this pair:-

Definitely, at least stick with something, it has to be worth it surely.
Will they ever learn? :rolleyes:

As above if you don't give it time to build & begin getting a fan base you'll never reap the rewards.
I think we should give these exec's that make bad decisions a seminar, what do you think? ;)

Yeap & we clearly both have it ;)
:thumbsup:

Sadly it seems so :(
I've been exposed to even more since we last spoke. :thumbsdow

Ha ha been a real lucky bugger here.
Still Captain Marvel should be here today so I'll get that watched when I can & then it's just the wait until September for Endgame :)
So what is your verdict? Does it tally with @gam's?

Bemused One

Distinguished Member
@spikecast - Good to see you again mate. :) Pleased to read things are better for you now after that bad spell.

Those X-Men pieces you mentioned look great. :smashin: So, when will you be jumping back in? :p

Soundwave

Distinguished Member
At least we got to import at least a few gems. :)
Used to import quite a bit back in the day.
We actually had a video game stall on my local market (Pitsea) that used to do import Megadrive & Super NES titles so the majority of my purchases back then were imports :)

Bemused One said:
That's okay, I knew what you meant. ;)

Speaking of Vania, have you seen Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night? Looks ace! :smashin:

Glad you did ;)
I have heard of that but not played it yet...maybe one day

Bemused One said:
Fun, but brutal, lol.
That was the best kind of fun ;)

Bemused One said:
A golden age. ;)
Absolutely & I'm glad I got to experience it from the beginning

Bemused One said:
Spot on. Almost every title they released for a time was an absolute banger!

Capcom were probably my second favourite publisher after Konami back then.
Same here
Capcom were great but their output was just a little behind Konami
Bemused One said:
It will bomb hard, tarnishing yet another of their once beloved franchises.
Totally, kill it off entirely I expect

Bemused One said:
Were the Madcatz ones as good as the Hori offerings?
Some people preferred them because in the Tournament edition sticks they used all Sanwa parts (Sticks & Buttons)
Whereas Hori only used Sanwa sticks & their own buttons which people didn't like as much as actual Sanwa items
Both could be easily upgraded though in case you preferred the feel of the Seimitsu sticks & buttons (Some people feel that Sanwa are good for fighting but lighter Seimitsu stuff better for fast twitch bullet hell shoot em ups like what I play)

Bemused One said:
That's a decent little haul. Far better than mine. I've stuck exclusively to Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat over the years, although I don't have any of the more recent titles. :blush:
Thanks, still not half the titles I'd like to have though.

Bemused One said:
Good stories always tend to stay with you.
They do indeed

Bemused One said:
Lol! :laugh:

Okay, what about now?
Erm...what do you think ;)

Bemused One said:
Nice! :cool: Are the majority of those imports?
Yes mostly
Still plenty of UK in there

Bemused One said:
I assume they never finished Fist of the North Star.....again?
Actually would you believe there has been a box set for the complete series.
Pricey now mind you but you can get a US version for better money​

Bemused One said:
Hopefully if you bide your time, you'll catch a bargain some day. :)
I seriously hope so...need to watch it all again

Bemused One said:
That's good to read. :smashin:
Chloe is very much into Sylvanian Families so we regularly have all the houses & stuff out
Along with her Lego obsession, there is plenty of actual play time away from screens etc.

Bemused One said:
Stupid, money grabbing execs! :mad:
They ruin so much don't they???

Bemused One said:
Have you seen the Mezco mega scale Thundercat figures? I think they are pretty decent. Too big though! :eek: Now if they were 1/6 scale. :love:
Yeah think they are 18" aren't they?
They look impressive but as you say I'd prefer someone like Mondo to take a stab at them in 1/6 scale like they have with He-Man & Batman: TAS

Bemused One said:
Also, if I had the funds and the room, I would have been all over this pair:-
I like them too.
Would love the Lion-O
Have you seen the Cheetarah they are doing next?
She looks pretty good too

Bemused One said:
Will they ever learn? :rolleyes:
Of course not lol

Bemused One said:
I think we should give these exec's that make bad decisions a seminar, what do you think? ;)
Ha ha sounds like a plan

Bemused One said:
I've been exposed to even more since we last spoke. :thumbsdow
Oh no really??
I do know a bit of what happens in Endgame now but not enough that it will spoil my viewing...when it finally arrives

Bemused One said:
So what is your verdict? Does it tally with @gam's?
I've not had chance to see it yet :(

Maybe on Monday when Chloe has a sleep over at her grandparents
I want to be able to crank the volume & not bother her while she's asleep ;)

Neil

spikecast

@spikecast - Good to see you again mate. :) Pleased to read things are better for you now after that bad spell.

Those X-Men pieces you mentioned look great. :smashin: So, when will you be jumping back in? :p

Thanks mate! Hope you're well! I'm sorely tempted to PO Gambit when he goes up! :D

Bemused One

Distinguished Member
Used to import quite a bit back in the day.
Me too. It was rare I actually bought UK releases. :p

We actually had a video game stall on my local market (Pitsea) that used to do import Megadrive & Super NES titles so the majority of my purchases back then were imports :)
I had the Solid Gold Exchange Club in Hamilton and CA Games in Partick. Sadly, both are long gone now. :(

Solid Gold was ace, they had a selection of consoles set up and let you try games before you bought them. It was there I first came across the now legendary Neo Geo. That console just blew my mind by how good games looked on it, especially 2D fighters. It had arcade sticks for controllers too. :smashin: The price of the console and the 3 figure sum games alone meant it was way out of my league though.

Glad you did ;)
I have heard of that but not played it yet...maybe one day
I'm planning to buy it soon, as I'm right in the mood for another SOTN type game at the moment.
That was the best kind of fun ;)
We didn't wince back in the day though, did we? Maybe I'm showing my age now. :p

Absolutely & I'm glad I got to experience it from the beginning
Same. Here's hoping there will be a resurgence some day. :)

Same here
Capcom were great but their output was just a little behind Konami
How things change, eh?
Totally, kill it off entirely I expect
I hope not. :eek: If they were to return to the 2D run and gun basics, imaginative level and boss design, they could turn things right around. Do they have the talent now though, that's the real question?

Some people preferred them because in the Tournament edition sticks they used all Sanwa parts (Sticks & Buttons)
Whereas Hori only used Sanwa sticks & their own buttons which people didn't like as much as actual Sanwa items
Both could be easily upgraded though in case you preferred the feel of the Seimitsu sticks & buttons (Some people feel that Sanwa are good for fighting but lighter Seimitsu stuff better for fast twitch bullet hell shoot em ups like what I play)
Great info, thanks buddy. :smashin:

Thanks, still not half the titles I'd like to have though.
Back in the Snes days, I recall owning a Fist of the North Star 2D beat 'em up for a time. You could unleash Kenshiro's fists of fury when you built up the requisite meter to full. That was good fun. :D

They do indeed
One of my all time favourite stories is from the original Metal Gear Solid. :)

Erm...what do you think ;)
Lol! :laugh: Come on man, Marcus and the team need you! :D

Yes mostly
Still plenty of UK in there
I wish more would make it's way on to bluray.

Actually would you believe there has been a box set for the complete series.
Pricey now mind you but you can get a US version for better money
Woo...interesting. :cool: Did it conclude Kenshiro's story though?​

I seriously hope so...need to watch it all again
Is it not on your special website? ;)

Chloe is very much into Sylvanian Families so we regularly have all the houses & stuff out
Along with her Lego obsession, there is plenty of actual play time away from screens etc.
I think it's great you are feeding her imagination and creativity in these ways. :smashin:

She really sounds like a chip of the 'ole block. ;)

They ruin so much don't they???
They ruin everything if it doesn't make a fast buck. :thumbsdow I find it quite sad actually. :(

Yeah think they are 18" aren't they?
14" I believe. They look great. The only real con, bar the size, is the limited articulation. The character detailing is spot on though. Props to Mezco for sticking with the line and producing these ones thus far:-

They look impressive but as you say I'd prefer someone like Mondo to take a stab at them in 1/6 scale like they have with He-Man & Batman: TAS
1/6 scale statues would be ideal. :)

I like them too.
Would love the Lion-O
I would have to have them both. It would be like having Batman without Joker. :eek:

Have you seen the Cheetarah they are doing next?
She looks pretty good too
Oh yes, I've seen her. :love: I'm a fan of that one too. ;)

Oh no really??
Yeah. :( The film just won't have the same impact on me as it should. :thumbsdow

I do know a bit of what happens in Endgame now but not enough that it will spoil my viewing...when it finally arrives
I sincerely hope it stays that way for you.

I've not had chance to see it yet :(

Maybe on Monday when Chloe has a sleep over at her grandparents
I want to be able to crank the volume & not bother her while she's asleep ;)
Sounds like the perfect opportunity for you. I'll be interested to hear your thoughts. :)

Soundwave

Distinguished Member
Me too. It was rare I actually bought UK releases. :p
Yeah was easier to buy import half the time & the gap between a US/Jpn release & it getting to the UK was too long to wait lol

Bemused One said:
I had the Solid Gold Exchange Club in Hamilton and CA Games in Partick. Sadly, both are long gone now. :(
Yeah we have nothing that does Imports anymore :(

Bemused One said:
Solid Gold was ace, they had a selection of consoles set up and let you try games before you bought them. It was there I first came across the now legendary Neo Geo. That console just blew my mind by how good games looked on it, especially 2D fighters. It had arcade sticks for controllers too. :smashin: The price of the console and the 3 figure sum games alone meant it was way out of my league though.
We used to have one like that in Southend.
Was a great shop, had a massive 4:3 CRT in the middle of the shop with couches around it & you can try games out.
So much fun in there...first place I ever played Rock 'N Roll Racing :)
Oh please don't get me started on the Neo Geo.
Still my most coveted console of all time...remember seeing it in action at a games show in London at Earls Court & was blown away
Sadly as you say prices were obscene & it has never gotten any better.

Actually have you heard...SNK are looking at creating a brand new console to release?
Hoping it's better than the Neo Geo Mini lol

Bemused One said:
I'm planning to buy it soon, as I'm right in the mood for another SOTN type game at the moment.
Let me know your thoughts, I keep looking at it myself

Bemused One said:
We didn't wince back in the day though, did we? Maybe I'm showing my age now. :p
Ha ha no we didn't

Bemused One said:
Same. Here's hoping there will be a resurgence some day. :)
Sadly I don't think there will be, things just aren't the same as they used to be & gaming is much more throw away these days.

Bemused One said:
How things change, eh?
Absolutely, Capco have over taken them by some margin & Konami are just happy to trudge along & mess up as best they can

Bemused One said:
I hope not. :eek: If they were to return to the 2D run and gun basics, imaginative level and boss design, they could turn things right around. Do they have the talent now though, that's the real question?
I would love that & as many indie games show it can done & well so why they have done this is beyond me

Bemused One said:
Great info, thanks buddy. :smashin:
No problems man I'm happy to help.

Bemused One said:
Back in the Snes days, I recall owning a Fist of the North Star 2D beat 'em up for a time. You could unleash Kenshiro's fists of fury when you built up the requisite meter to full. That was good fun. :D
Always wanted to play those...kept admiring the artwork when they had the games on the stall in Pitsea but they were always well north of £70 back then & I couldn't stretch to that
Maybe one day I'll play them
Speaking of FotNS ave you played the more recent PS4 game?
Heard that's very good.

Bemused One said:
One of my all time favourite stories is from the original Metal Gear Solid. :)
They were great games & had brilliant stories...I was terrible at them all though lol

Bemused One said:
Lol! :laugh: Come on man, Marcus and the team need you! :D
Ha ha I know they do...soon (I hope)

Bemused One said:
I wish more would make it's way on to bluray.
Plenty does in America...just region locked & none of it makes it over here :(

Bemused One said:
Woo...interesting. :cool: Did it conclude Kenshiro's story though?
Can't remember now, been so long since I watched it.​

Bemused One said:
Is it not on your special website? ;)
Of course it is...I'd just like to own it too ;)

Bemused One said:
I think it's great you are feeding her imagination and creativity in these ways. :smashin:

She really sounds like a chip of the 'ole block. ;)
Of course, I wouldn't have her any other way.
It's crazy the stuff you can get for Sylvanian Families...the houses & families are amazing...takes up SOOOOOO much space though when you get it all out ;) lol

Bemused One said:
They ruin everything if it doesn't make a fast buck. :thumbsdow I find it quite sad actually. :(
Absolutely it's heart breaking to see it go this way.

Bemused One said:
14" I believe. They look great. The only real con, bar the size, is the limited articulation. The character detailing is spot on though. Props to Mezco for sticking with the line and producing these ones thus far:-

They look spot on but can see what you mean...they are so basic with their articulation, a waste really.

Bemused One said:
1/6 scale statues would be ideal. :)
Now they would be perfect.

Bemused One said:
I would have to have them both. It would be like having Batman without Joker. :eek:
I agree with that, plus it makes quite the display too.

Bemused One said:
Oh yes, I've seen her. :love: I'm a fan of that one too. ;)
Ha ha, she is quite the looker isn't she?

Bemused One said:
Yeah. :( The film just won't have the same impact on me as it should. :thumbsdow
That sucks, I'm sorry it was so spoilt for you.
Hopefully you can still enjoy it...when you get round to them
Have you started catching up yet?

Bemused One said:
I sincerely hope it stays that way for you.
Yeah me too ;)

Bemused One said:
Sounds like the perfect opportunity for you. I'll be interested to hear your thoughts. :)
I will keep you posted :)

Neil

Soundwave

Distinguished Member
You may remember I mentioned a few posts back now that I'd put down a deposit on a new Pre-Order??
Well it turned up today & it's a little bit special...well at least it is to me

It's an Exclusive from this years SDCC & it is made to celebrate the 35th anniversary of 2 franchises both close to my heart so I present to you the SDCC exclusive Transformers Masterpiece Optimus Prime MP10G Ghostbusters edition
20190808_175744.jpg

20190808_175845.jpg

The packaging is even made to resemble a Proton Pack & is actually wearable :)
20190808_175900.jpg

Super happy with him

Neil

Bemused One

Distinguished Member
Yeah was easier to buy import half the time & the gap between a US/Jpn release & it getting to the UK was too long to wait lol
Did you have to pay a little more than the standard RRP for your imports?

I always got a buzz getting games far earlier in the UK. I always had a little chuckle to myself when my mates were hyped for a game I had already played months before. :p I didn't rub it in their faces though as I was handy for advice whenever they got stuck. :)

Yeah we have nothing that does Imports anymore :(
I've heard good things about Play Asia, but I've never used them personally.

I do miss having home grown dedicated stores mind. :(

We used to have one like that in Southend.
Was a great shop, had a massive 4:3 CRT in the middle of the shop with couches around it & you can try games out.
So much fun in there...first place I ever played Rock 'N Roll Racing :)
Couches? Woo...posh. :D It was standing room only round our way. :p

It sounds like a great store. I bet it was jammed a lot, especially at weekends.

Oh please don't get me started on the Neo Geo.
Still my most coveted console of all time...remember seeing it in action at a games show in London at Earls Court & was blown away
Sadly as you say prices were obscene & it has never gotten any better.
It really was next level back then. It was like seeing the future in the present, wasn't it? :D

Actually have you heard...SNK are looking at creating a brand new console to release?
I wasn't aware of that, but consider me intrigued. :)

Hoping it's better than the Neo Geo Mini lol
I am confident they could do a bit better, lol. :laugh:

The Neo Geo mini, flawed as it is, had a fine lineup of titles on it. Lot's of 2D shooter and fighter goodness. :smashin:

Let me know your thoughts, I keep looking at it myself
Will do. It looks a lot like a reskinned SOTN, but much prettier. What's not to love? ;)

Sadly I don't think there will be, things just aren't the same as they used to be & gaming is much more throw away these days.
That's true. I don't think younger gamers have as much of an appreciation for games as those of us who were lucky enough to grow up during the golden age of the arcades. :thumbsdow Nothing is really special for them, is it?

Ah well, at least we'll always have the memories. :love:

Absolutely, Capco have over taken them by some margin & Konami are just happy to trudge along & mess up as best they can
Capcom are sure riding high at the moment. I completed the Resi 2 remake a few weeks back and it was phenomenal. :love: Their new game engine is glorious. :smashin:

It genuinely grieves me to see what Konami has become. Part of me still hopes they'll bounce back. They really need to stop making woeful decisions and court some proper talent again.
I would love that & as many indie games show it can done & well so why they have done this is beyond me
They should get Capcom to do it! :laugh: Megaman 11 was a triumph. :smashin:

Always wanted to play those...kept admiring the artwork when they had the games on the stall in Pitsea but they were always well north of £70 back then & I couldn't stretch to that
Maybe one day I'll play them
They certainly weren't worth that kind of money. They were fine as fan service, but they certainly didn't have the kind of depth that Street Fighter or MK had.

Speaking of FotNS ave you played the more recent PS4 game?
Heard that's very good.
I haven't played it yet. It looks great, if rather repetitive. I might pick it up at some point, if the price is right. ;)

They were great games & had brilliant stories...I was terrible at them all though lol
The original's narrative just blew me away back in the day. The sequels that followed, not counting the Big Boss games, got far too silly, although I did still enjoy them. Snake is one of my all time favourite video game characters. As is his filmic inspiration Mr. Plissken. ;)

Ha ha I know they do...soon (I hope)
The fifth entry is landing soon, so chop, chop! :D

Plenty does in America...just region locked & none of it makes it over here :(
Blasted region locks! :mad:

I just don't understand it. Europe has a huge market of fans that would lap up all that Anime DVD/bluray goodness.

Can't remember now, been so long since I watched it.
As far as I am aware the anime's have never gone as far as the Manga's did.

I've always wanted to find out how Kenshiro's story ended.
Of course it is...I'd just like to own it too ;)
Understood. I prefer my physical releases too. :)

Of course, I wouldn't have her any other way.
You are a good dad mate. :smashin:

It's crazy the stuff you can get for Sylvanian Families...the houses & families are amazing...takes up SOOOOOO much space though when you get it all out ;) lol
It sounds like Chloe isn't the only Sylvanian Families fan. :D

They look spot on but can see what you mean...they are so basic with their articulation, a waste really.
Museum pose pieces only, which still works for some.

Now they would be perfect.
I'd lap up any 1/6 scale statue of anything I'm interested in to be honest. :p

I agree with that, plus it makes quite the display too.
One either side of my TV would have done me nicely. :D

Ha ha, she is quite the looker isn't she?
Oh don't. Ms. Ivy is enough of a temptation, never mind Cheetarah. The likeness, detailing and the pose for that statue are spot on though. :smashin::love:

That sucks, I'm sorry it was so spoilt for you.
It's partly my own fault. I should have just gone full information blackout on it until I saw it. Lesson well and truly learned. :facepalm:

Hopefully you can still enjoy it...when you get round to them
I'm sure I'll still enjoy the film, but it sucks knowing already what's to come. :(

Have you started catching up yet?
My turn now. What do you think? :p:laugh:

To be honest, the Endgame spoilers I've been exposed to have put such a damper on things for me that I'm finding it hard to get motivated to watch the earlier films. I will mind, but it might take me some time. :(

I will keep you posted :)
So how did you get on?

You may remember I mentioned a few posts back now that I'd put down a deposit on a new Pre-Order??
Well it turned up today & it's a little bit special...well at least it is to me

It's an Exclusive from this years SDCC & it is made to celebrate the 35th anniversary of 2 franchises both close to my heart so I present to you the SDCC exclusive Transformers Masterpiece Optimus Prime MP10G Ghostbusters edition
View attachment 1181960
View attachment 1181961

The packaging is even made to resemble a Proton Pack & is actually wearable :)
View attachment 1181963

Super happy with him

Neil
Now there's a crossover I never saw coming! :eek: I like it though. :cool: Pleased for you buddy. :) Do you plan on transforming him any time soon?

gam

Simple is the best way forward ;)

Glad to hear it...more money for other stuffs ;)
:thumbsup:

Yeah feel it was something only the bigger fans could care about really
...and sorta cartoony looking to the rest of us ;)

Well I had been really keen on picking her up a while back so yeah I think she would be up there.
Possibly not as much as Huntress but a close runner...plus she would look good next to Batman.
Very true, the pose and bases of the two of them would have complemented each other very well..... hopefully one will appear for a reasonable price some time in the future for you

Yes I'm sure I won't go wanting if I don't get a conversion on my GA ;)
:laugh:

I actually like them both & think 1 might be slightly better but I'd be more than happy with V2
The 2nd is the one with the raised severed head like the original Red Sonja isn't it? If so, yeah I'd slightly prefer the other version a bit more too

Well I sort of held onto my pennies as I never made it to LFCC on Sunday, a few things conspired against me & I couldn't go :(
That said I do have a pre-order to pay for this week now anyway so probably better I didn't go ;)
:(

Seen the pics, you sound very happy with it, cool pickup :smashin:

Yeah we'll see, still showing late August so we may get lucky still
Read a few more got converted, take no word on yours yet?

It shouldn't be too long before its shipping now

Oh god don't if we got Power Girl too I think I might implode :rotfl::rotfl:
Well you had given up hope on getting the Huntress one so hope is still alive for Power Girl ;)

They do look good don't they?
If price is still around the £70 mark I think I might bite
Look forward to hearing what you think of them in hand if you do bite

I think the Batmobile looks great, would be interested to see the Batwing but both aren't things I'd get
Probably the same for myself in all honesty, other things would likely be taking my attention for my remaining spaces
I expect there's a very good chance he'll jump from the maybe to the must have list at some point ;)
hmmm maybe o_O
errr probably :confused:
who are we kidding..... very likely :thumbsup:

Thanks for that, looks amazing
no problem, check out the first posts in that thread too as they have them all listed and is kept upto date with any new ones :cool:
Ha ha yes that's him & you're right...it doesn't count :p:p:p
Closest we have had is in the B&W line & from others like Kotobukiya or Prime 1
He's sadly lacking from SS line up
Looking past the multiple releases of the main three, SS seem to be a bit random with the DC so it wouldn't surprise me if he were to get announced out of nowhere
Yeah they were designed to be put together as a bat-family display.
Would love them all but over $750 + shipping for them is a bit much sadly :(
lol yeah they don't sound too bad price wise individually until you decide you need the set
They do some amazing stuff but have heard of a lot of issues with them as accompany.
Sideshow have taken over & handling distribution now so people are hoping things improve but a lot have been burnt previously so are wary & staying clear.​
Sounds like you'd be better skipping and playing it safe with the pennies going elsewhere..... as we keep saying there plenty of stuff around these days so why take a chance
Yeah think they would work really well, but like you said they seem to have dropped the idea.
Shame but agree that sales of WW & HQ probably didn't go as well as anticipated.
Yeah guess the 2 bad ones would have killed the idea, there doesn't seem to be much buzz for the sepia ones either so wouldn't be a surprise if that idea goes the same way
Will keep a close eye on them, might be tempted ;)
:cool:

See the Black Canary one has started shipping, I'm not sure for about that one
Think the HT ones look good but stick with the statues.
I'll be keeping an eye out for them as I quite like them but the timeframe is likely going to make me pass and move onto other things..... the latest Iron Studio ones are est shipping late next year so if the spiderverse ones are that far away too I'll likely not bother
Yeah I keep looking at the Game ones but haven't played the game yet so not sure which ones.
Would love a classic suit in the collection & the Scarlett Spider suit looks really good too.
It would have to be a fairly classic or more traditional suit for me too, I couldn't spend that sorta money on a one off different looking one
Yeah certainly feels like a weaker showing this year from SS
Plenty there but not like the mega reveals we had of years past.
It seems Star Wars is off there menu lately but yeah they don't seem to be holding anything back to announce at it anymore as they seem to be happy to do that as and when they are ready too​

Was always going to be the way...have you ever known a 'Con go past without my list increasing?? ;)
'Con :confused: You mean month don't you :p
Absolutely & it appears that Phicen have the best seamless bodies on the market.
They also have such a variety of body types available that you could practically use them to build any custom you could imagine

Definitely, think they replicated the statue base really well there & it works brilliantly
Looking forward to the reveal for Gethsemoni now.

Neil
:cool:

I'll take a guess that you will definitely getting her to scratch your court of the dead itch?

You've probably seen this by now, but just in case you haven't, here you go:-

I think it's pretty decent. Nice to see Penguin get a look in this time.
Cheers :thumbsup:

I did see that pic in passing, looks good and should be even better when the other two are added to it as well

Do they do that often?
Depends more on the seller but when they have opted into the global shipping program its very clear on the ebay listing

for example...... DC Comics Cover Girls Harley Quinn Statue Batman Arkham City 1st Edition New 52! | eBay

Hope for the best, but expect the worst. That way you can manage any disappointment, but be elated if all is good. ;)
:smashin:

Sweet! The sooner the better! :D
Its changed to the 21st which is the same date as on previesworld the last I checked so check out that ebay seller next friday ;)

Thanks for that. :smashin: He looks just as good as in the pictures. Looking forward to this one. :)
No problem, I look forward to posting a few links for him when he becomes available :devil:

No need to tempt me, he was always going to be a definite. ;) At what price will I get him for is the real question. :p
I'll play the guessing game and go with £124ish including p&p

That's good to know. Helps put my mind at ease. :)

I'll be interested to see if he gets Nightwing in.
I'd be surprised if he doesn't put a few of them up in a listing

Yes, quite right. My mistake. :D
:D

Not at all. I could easily one shot him in this case. ;)
Thats no fun :(

Yeah? Got a link or pic for him?
ArtFX+: Kotobukiya: DC: Batman: The Animated Series: ArtFX+ Statue: Batman (Opening Version) from DC @ ForbiddenPlanet.com - UK and Worldwide Cult Entertainment Megastore

I may need to do more research. :p
:D:D:D

Thanks for those mate. :love::love::love: Is it me or is the placement of the right eye on the statue in the first link in a slightly different position to the one on the statue in the second link?

Agreed about the ex head, that's an easy pass for me.
I see what you mean, looks like it but less likely with SS rep for eyes it could be just the pics taken at slightly different angles

Heart says yes, head says no. :p
But at the end of the day what does the head know? ;)

Sometimes pandering to the fans whims isn't always the best idea.
Very true

The other 3 members of the Justice League will hopefully follow, then you'll have a complete set. :)
I've still always this in my collection from a long time ago
jla.JPG

Nothing wrong with that. He's a boss, I can vouch for that. :D

The bigger one seems harder to come by now and you'd have to pay a lot more for one now it would seem. :eek:
Thats what would worry me as I'd maybe pay too much and appreciate it less...... anyway, statue wise I'm happy with the B&W and Arkham lines representing Batman in my collection

Anything you'd like to share with the group? :p
A Joker would inevitably lead to Harley of course. ;) I've noted you are down for the new Designer Series one that was shown at SDCC, which may inspire you to get the others even if right now you don't think it will. :devil:
I'm sure you with me putting these two quotes together you can put 2 and 2 together to find I've already spoilt you're attempted tease :p

......but yeah pics will be coming soon ;)

Speaking of the B&W line, the upcoming Todd McFarlane release, or Batspawn as I like to call him :D, is epic. I tell you what, if they keep producing pieces like that and Batman on the throne, I may well jump back in to the line. Too much awesome to miss out on!

By the way, thanks for posting the link to the pics with the entire B&W line pictured together. They are phenomenal! :thumbsup:
No problem, as I mentioned above its worth checking the start of that thread as they are all listed with pics with new ones added as they are announced

Definitely. It's a feeling that can be quite addictive if you are not careful. ;)

Speaking of sweet deals, I managed to bag one recently. :D I'll post pics when I get a chance. :)
:cool: something nice?

I'll race you with the pics ;)

I'm sure we'll find something to tease you with at some point. ;)
You can try :p:laugh:

There's currently a brand new Arkham Catwoman up for sale on the bay. Only a mere £350. :rolleyes::laugh:
Bargain compared to the prices Harley is sometimes listed for :rolleyes:

Did you get him for a good price?
I'll go with yes as I'm pretty sure I paid less than rrp for all of them as preorders were got from the US so at that time they worked out cheaper and the carch up ones were all less than retail when I got them

I've inadvertently came across so many spoilers for Endgame I don't think I need to see it any more. :(
It will still be worth watching them all as well as Endgame for the journey ;)

I'm pleased to read you enjoyed it. :) Is it a more generic entry, as some have said, compared to the others?
You could say that I suppose but thats maybe more so due to there being so many of them now and ones that have seen them all showing a little fatigue with the franchise in general making it feel like just another entry

Bemused One

Distinguished Member

I did see that pic in passing, looks good and should be even better when the other two are added to it as well
What other two? :confused:

Depends more on the seller but when they have opted into the global shipping program its very clear on the ebay listing
Good to know, thanks. :smashin:

Admit it, you linked to that particular Harley deliberately, didn't you? :nono:

Its changed to the 21st which is the same date as on previesworld the last I checked so check out that ebay seller next friday ;)
Will do. :thumbsup:

No problem, I look forward to posting a few links for him when he becomes available :devil:
Lol! :laugh: I'd actually welcome that, especially if he's a good price. ;)

I'll play the guessing game and go with £124ish including p&p
I'd entertain that kind of figure, but that would still make him the most expensive one to date. The closer to £100 the better! :D

I'd be surprised if he doesn't put a few of them up in a listing
I'll be keeping a keen eye out to see what pops up. ;)

Thats no fun :(
Okay, I'll throw you bone. Thinking on it more, if, hypothetically speaking, I were to get him, he'd likely need his own shelf, which in turn could, and I stress could, lead to a dedicated Animated series shelf. ;)

This is the one I've got on my radar. It's the only one I was aware of? 'Opening version' suggests there's another one? If there is, I haven't seen it.

Would you happen to know how tall this statue stands? I can't seem to find any information on it in listings.

I see what you mean, looks like it but less likely with SS rep for eyes it could be just the pics taken at slightly different angles
Good point. It is hard to tell, but it does give me enough cause for concern. :(

But at the end of the day what does the head know? ;)
It keeps my wallet right :D, well, most of the time anyway. :blush:

I've still always this in my collection from a long time ago
View attachment 1182339
Nice! :cool: Are they a little bigger than the Designer Series ones?

Thats what would worry me as I'd maybe pay too much and appreciate it less......
I totally get that.

If it helps you any, I still think you'd get value out of up to £200 or just over for him, as he is a weighty, girthy statue and without question he has presence. Not any more than that though.

anyway, statue wise I'm happy with the B&W and Arkham lines representing Batman in my collection
And they are glorious. :love: Especially the way you have yours displayed. :smashin:

I'm sure you with me putting these two quotes together you can put 2 and 2 together to find I've already spoilt you're attempted tease :p
Blast! Scuppered again! :thumbsdow:p

I assume you have a certain combo in mind?

......but yeah pics will be coming soon ;)
I look forward to seeing them. :clap:

No problem, as I mentioned above its worth checking the start of that thread as they are all listed with pics with new ones added as they are announced
At the risk of tempting myself over the edge, I think I'll bookmark it. Thanks. :) If I break, I'm blaming you though! :p

:cool: something nice?
I think so. I've always liked the design, but was always in two minds about it. I ummed and ahhed a little too long to purchase one brand new and thus had written off ever owning one. Then lady luck smiled on me again, so this time I did not hesitate. ;)

I'll race you with the pics ;)
Challenge accepted! Please see my next post. :D

You can try :p:laugh:
With @Soundwave in my corner, I'm confident we'll find something. :devil:

Bargain compared to the prices Harley is sometimes listed for :rolleyes:
This is the reason I keep thinking about just giving up completely on the line. :(

I'll go with yes as I'm pretty sure I paid less than rrp for all of them as preorders were got from the US so at that time they worked out cheaper and the carch up ones were all less than retail when I got them
Well played, sir. :cool::thumbsup:

It will still be worth watching them all as well as Endgame for the journey ;)
I know. I will get round to them at some point. I'm still feeling a bit down over spoilergate at the moment though. :(

You could say that I suppose but thats maybe more so due to there being so many of them now and ones that have seen them all showing a little fatigue with the franchise in general making it feel like just another entry
I've been wondering if I would encounter the same fatigue if, when I am catching up, I watch all the films back to back? What do you think? Should I space them out a bit?

Bemused One

Distinguished Member
Well, here she is, my fourth addition to my Designer Series collection. :) Ladies and gents, I give you the Cameron Stewart/Babs Tarr Batgirl.

BG01.jpg

BG02.jpg

BG03.jpg

BG04.jpg

Closeup.
BG05.jpg

Closeup of the symbol on the base.
BG06.jpg

I love the more vivid colours on her suit. She makes a nice contrast to Batman. I'm really chuffed with her. :)

Last edited:

gam

What other two? :confused:
Thats not a complete set, theres two corners free if you look at the pic. One behind Catwoman and one in front of Penguin. If memory serves the other two are to be Mr Freeze and Deadshot

Good to know, thanks. :smashin:

Admit it, you linked to that particular Harley deliberately, didn't you? :nono:
I can't lie, I found plenty mentioning the global shipping program with a quick search but spent a little more time than I should have finding that one :devil:

:smashin:

Lol! :laugh: I'd actually welcome that, especially if he's a good price. ;)

I'd entertain that kind of figure, but that would still make him the most expensive one to date. The closer to £100 the better! :D
I'm guessing that price on release and would be a reasonable saving on rrp but as you know with these DC pieces its a gamble which ones hang around for long enough to be reduced even further or end up going away up in price

I'll be keeping a keen eye out to see what pops up. ;)
Going by the last few I've been keeping an eye on they have appeared on the Friday before release date and sold out over the weekend although he has listed more each time later in the week.... so if its a price your happy with you may need to be quick ;)

Okay, I'll throw you bone. Thinking on it more, if, hypothetically speaking, I were to get him, he'd likely need his own shelf, which in turn could, and I stress could, lead to a dedicated Animated series shelf. ;)
Now we're talkin' :clap:

I see there already is a Harley and Joker to keep him company ;)

This is the one I've got on my radar. It's the only one I was aware of? 'Opening version' suggests there's another one? If there is, I haven't seen it.
Ah, I thought you had been looking at this one that was released a couple of years ago - Batman the Animated Series statue

Would you happen to know how tall this statue stands? I can't seem to find any information on it in listings.
1/10 scale as far as I'm aware so around 7" or 8" with the base

Good point. It is hard to tell, but it does give me enough cause for concern. :(
As long as both eyes on the same statue are in the same direction it would hardly matter would it? On a positive spin with this Ivy, the hair covering her other eye would make any 'crazy eyes' effect even less noticable

It keeps my wallet right :D, well, most of the time anyway. :blush:
:laugh:

Nice! :cool: Are they a little bigger than the Designer Series ones?
Yes, not by much but they are very slightly bigger that the mini DS ones

I totally get that.

If it helps you any, I still think you'd get value out of up to £200 or just over for him, as he is a weighty, girthy statue and without question he has presence. Not any more than that though.
I was thinking the same as he does have a bit of bulk about him :thumbsup:

One thing that would make me more hesitant on ebay is that I see the mini one being miss discribed on some listings so you could easily mistake it for the full size one, if someone where to list a mini at a silly high price without mentioning mini it would be very easy to assume you where buying the bigger one

There's always a slim chance I'd pick one up but plenty of new things to keep me going if not.

And they are glorious. :love: Especially the way you have yours displayed. :smashin:

Blast! Scuppered again! :thumbsdow:p
Yeah, I don't dilly around too much if I want something, either get it or move onto something else ;)

I assume you have a certain combo in mind?
I look forward to seeing them. :clap:
Oh, yes I did then Harley announced as a third put a spanner in the works :suicide:

I've been getting slack with the pics lately, just checked my emails and I've had one for near 3 and the other for 6 weeks and the WW cover girls one from before that :blush:

At the risk of tempting myself over the edge, I think I'll bookmark it. Thanks. :) If I break, I'm blaming you though! :p
You say blame, I say pleasure..... same thing ;):D

I think so. I've always liked the design, but was always in two minds about it. I ummed and ahhed a little too long to purchase one brand new and thus had written off ever owning one. Then lady luck smiled on me again, so this time I did not hesitate. ;)

Challenge accepted! Please see my next post. :D
Just seen the pics, nice addition :thumbsup:

I saw a couple of Red Hoods on ebay and thought it may have been it when you mentioned you got something new

I do like that Batgirl a bit more than him though and I've had half an eye out for the B&W line version of her

Is she going on the same shelf as the other three?

With @Soundwave in my corner, I'm confident we'll find something. :devil:
:lease:

This is the reason I keep thinking about just giving up completely on the line. :(
There's still the odd original Batman appears now and then for a reasonable price, Mr Freeze must be getting lonely on his own ;)

I know. I will get round to them at some point. I'm still feeling a bit down over spoilergate at the moment though. :(

I've been wondering if I would encounter the same fatigue if, when I am catching up, I watch all the films back to back? What do you think? Should I space them out a bit?
I'd prefer at the very most one a week but thats me as all what, at least 60 or 70 hours worth would get taxing without watching other things in between

Soundwave

Distinguished Member
Did you have to pay a little more than the standard RRP for your imports?
Yeah there was the slight difference in price but to be fair it wasn't a huge amount.

bemused One said:
I always got a buzz getting games far earlier in the UK. I always had a little chuckle to myself when my mates were hyped for a game I had already played months before. :p I didn't rub it in their faces though as I was handy for advice whenever they got stuck. :)
Ha ha yeah that was always fun

bemused One said:
I've heard good things about Play Asia, but I've never used them personally.

I do miss having home grown dedicated stores mind. :(
Same, wish we still had high street independents :(

bemused One said:
Couches? Woo...posh. :D It was standing room only round our way. :p

It sounds like a great store. I bet it was jammed a lot, especially at weekends.
Ha ha yeah it was always rammed at the weekends.

bemused One said:
It really was next level back then. It was like seeing the future in the present, wasn't it? :D
It was totally, like having an arcade in the home back then.

bemused One said:
I wasn't aware of that, but consider me intrigued. :)
I will keep a close eye on it & keep you posted for the details :)

bemused One said:
I am confident they could do a bit better, lol. :laugh:
Shouldn't be too hard ;)

bemused One said:
The Neo Geo mini, flawed as it is, had a fine lineup of titles on it. Lot's of 2D shooter and fighter goodness. :smashin:
I was actually looking at them myself the other day...they are getting to a price now that makes them an attractive option ;)

bemused One said:
Will do. It looks a lot like a reskinned SOTN, but much prettier. What's not to love? ;)
Oooh sounds very good then ;)

bemused One said:
That's true. I don't think younger gamers have as much of an appreciation for games as those of us who were lucky enough to grow up during the golden age of the arcades. :thumbsdow Nothing is really special for them, is it?
Nope everything is so hyper realistic & available instantly there is no joy in it, I think it's why gaming has lost its appeal to me lately

bemused One said:
Ah well, at least we'll always have the memories. :love:
Absolutely & I'll always be grateful for them

bemused One said:
Capcom are sure riding high at the moment. I completed the Resi 2 remake a few weeks back and it was phenomenal. :love: Their new game engine is glorious. :smashin:
I do need to get that at some point...same with Resi 1 remake
Still remember importing Resi 2 for the PS1 & being amazed by it...not to mention terrified ;) lol

bemused One said:
It genuinely grieves me to see what Konami has become. Part of me still hopes they'll bounce back. They really need to stop making woeful decisions and court some proper talent again.
Same they really need to come back properly & give us real games again

bemused One said:
They should get Capcom to do it! :laugh: Megaman 11 was a triumph. :smashin:
Ha ha totally

bemused One said:
They certainly weren't worth that kind of money. They were fine as fan service, but they certainly didn't have the kind of depth that Street Fighter or MK had.
Yeah that seemed to be the general consensus back then as well.
Still I was obsessed with it back then so they were like holy grail games to me

bemused One said:
I haven't played it yet. It looks great, if rather repetitive. I might pick it up at some point, if the price is right. ;)
Think it probably does get very samey but it looks awesome

bemused One said:
The original's narrative just blew me away back in the day. The sequels that followed, not counting the Big Boss games, got far too silly, although I did still enjoy them. Snake is one of my all time favourite video game characters. As is his filmic inspiration Mr. Plissken. ;)
I had no patience for the sneaky bits & used to go in guns blazing...which obviously was pointless lol :)

bemused One said:
The fifth entry is landing soon, so chop, chop! :D
I know, I know :( lol

bemused One said:
Blasted region locks! :mad:
I know it sucks doesn't it?

bemused One said:
I just don't understand it. Europe has a huge market of fans that would lap up all that Anime DVD/bluray goodness.
Absolutley
While companies like All the Anime help getting new series released we see nothing on the older stuff & that's what has always appealed to me more

bemused One said:
As far as I am aware the anime's have never gone as far as the Manga's did.

I've always wanted to find out how Kenshiro's story ended.
Ah that's a shame
Wonder if all the Manga was translated?

bemused One said:
Understood. I prefer my physical releases too. :)
Really can't stand this push towards digital downloads & streaming only
I know it saves space but I want to own stuff forever, not have it removed & lost when they feel like it.

bemused One said:
You are a good dad mate. :smashin:
I try :)

bemused One said:
It sounds like Chloe isn't the only Sylvanian Families fan. :D
Ha ha no it certainly helps when I'm a toy nut too ;)

bemused One said:
Museum pose pieces only, which still works for some.

I'd lap up any 1/6 scale statue of anything I'm interested in to be honest. :p
A whole run of the main cast in 1/6 statues would be awesome

bemused One said:
One either side of my TV would have done me nicely. :D
Ha ha perfect display :)

bemused One said:
Oh don't. Ms. Ivy is enough of a temptation, never mind Cheetarah. The likeness, detailing and the pose for that statue are spot on though. :smashin::love:
She is pretty perfect isn't she?

bemused One said:
It's partly my own fault. I should have just gone full information blackout on it until I saw it. Lesson well and truly learned. :facepalm:
Well it's not easy these days is it?
Even TV spots give away big bits...Sky have started advertising Endgame for TV now & already caught a couple of bits in the trailer they are using :(

bemused One said:
I'm sure I'll still enjoy the film, but it sucks knowing already what's to come. :(
Same, sucks really but we'll survive ;)

bemused One said:
My turn now. What do you think? :p:laugh:
Ha ha see we are all just as bad

bemused One said:
To be honest, the Endgame spoilers I've been exposed to have put such a damper on things for me that I'm finding it hard to get motivated to watch the earlier films. I will mind, but it might take me some time. :(
Yeah it does take the edge off the earlier movies now but they are still well worth your time.

bemused One said:
So how did you get on?
Erm...didn't get time :(
We went shopping at the local shopping centre (Lakeside, Thurrock) straight from work & after Katie had dragged me round shops for 3 hours solid we didn't get in until 9.30 & by then I was too tired & it was too late to start.
No idea when I'll get time now

bemused One said:
Now there's a crossover I never saw coming! :eek: I like it though. :cool: Pleased for you buddy. :) Do you plan on transforming him any time soon?
Yeah was a bit of a surprise when it was announced but they have also done an ECTO 1 car that transforms as well

r_DSC07627a.jpg

And they have even done a crossover comic...that will make a return of Starscreams ghost as well ;) lol

thE19C0H3C.jpg

Not sure if I'll open him up or not to be honest, getting him back in that box is going to be a nightmare lol
He might just stay as is.

Neil

gam

Been a bit slow with the pics but here's my last couple of months additions....

Got the Wonder Woman Cover Girls statue in June, another nice one to go with my others from the line..... when I get somewhere to display them all together
CCWW1.jpg
CCWW2.jpg
CCWW3.jpg

Next up my first dip into the Designer Series line with Supergirl
DSSG1.jpg
DSSG2.jpg
DSSG3.jpg

And finally the last arrival a few weeks ago, another from the Designer Series line
DSWW1.jpg
DSWW2.jpg
DSWW3.jpg

.......and my view from the sofa now. Originally had planned for a couple of the cover girls statues to go either side here but they were a bit small which is my 'reasoning' for getting the two Designer Series ones which work much better in these positions
TV0819.jpg

Our Year

Distinguished Member

Soundwave

Distinguished Member
...and sorta cartoony looking to the rest of us ;)

Lol yeah one of those things.
Still no news on Waitlist conversion...based on current bottoming out of the £ it might be a non starter anyway :(

Gam said:
Very true, the pose and bases of the two of them would have complemented each other very well..... hopefully one will appear for a reasonable price some time in the future for you
Fingers crossed...You know me...I won't stop looking ;)

Gam said:
The 2nd is the one with the raised severed head like the original Red Sonja isn't it? If so, yeah I'd slightly prefer the other version a bit more too
Yeah that's the one
Do slightly prefer the sword positioning of V1 but I wouldn't say no to V2...Free UK shipping at the moment too ;)

Gam said:
I know I was gutted I didn't go...had been looking forward to it for so long

Gam said:
Seen the pics, you sound very happy with it, cool pickup :smashin:
Thanks man.
Yeah super happy with him :)

Gam said:
Read a few more got converted, take no word on yours yet?

It shouldn't be too long before its shipping now
Nope still nothing...apparently some are processing next Friday so getting close now

Gam said:
Well you had given up hope on getting the Huntress one so hope is still alive for Power Girl ;)
Absolutely...keeping everything crossed for a surprise announcement

Gam said:
Look forward to hearing what you think of them in hand if you do bite
Will let you know :)

Gam said:
Probably the same for myself in all honesty, other things would likely be taking my attention for my remaining spaces
Plenty to distract us I'm sure ;)

Gam said:
hmmm maybe o_O
errr probably :confused:
who are we kidding..... very likely :thumbsup:
Ha ha ha could have seen that coming ;)

Gam said:
no problem, check out the first posts in that thread too as they have them all listed and is kept upto date with any new ones :cool:
Long list is...long ;) lol

Gam said:
Looking past the multiple releases of the main three, SS seem to be a bit random with the DC so it wouldn't surprise me if he were to get announced out of nowhere
Yeah they seem to have a preference for doing the trinity & then fitting in anyone else at some point when it suits...maybe one day

Gam said:
lol yeah they don't sound too bad price wise individually until you decide you need the set
Absolutely
Would love them but at near £1k for all 3 including shipping & taxes (because we obviously want the Tweeterhead.com exclusives ;) ) is pushing the limits of acceptable pricing.

Gam said:
Sounds like you'd be better skipping and playing it safe with the pennies going elsewhere..... as we keep saying there plenty of stuff around these days so why take a chance
Probably but look it's SOUNDWAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pcs_transformers_soundwave_classic_statue_4.jpg

Gam said:
Yeah guess the 2 bad ones would have killed the idea, there doesn't seem to be much buzz for the sepia ones either so wouldn't be a surprise if that idea goes the same way
Wouldn't miss them if they did stop the Sepia variants.

Gam said:
See the Black Canary one has started shipping, I'm not sure for about that one
Will be interested to see in hand pics for her.

Gam said:
I'll be keeping an eye out for them as I quite like them but the timeframe is likely going to make me pass and move onto other things..... the latest Iron Studio ones are est shipping late next year so if the spiderverse ones are that far away too I'll likely not bother
That is the problem with the hobby isn't it?
The wait sometimes stops you ordering stuff because it's so far away.

Gam said:
It would have to be a fairly classic or more traditional suit for me too, I couldn't spend that sorta money on a one off different looking one
I was a big fan of the Clone Spider-Man from the comics so seeing a HT 1/6 Scale figure is amazing.
Would love a classic suit though.

Gam said:
It seems Star Wars is off there menu lately but yeah they don't seem to be holding anything back to announce at it anymore as they seem to be happy to do that as and when they are ready too
Yeah think they just announce as they go now.
Next big reveals I guess will be NYCC in October​

Gam said:
'Con :confused: You mean month don't you :p
Erm think Week is more like it...possibly even days at the moment ;)

Gam said:
I'll take a guess that you will definitely getting her to scratch your court of the dead itch?
It will certainly be a step in the right direction ;)

Been a bit slow with the pics but here's my last couple of months additions....

Got the Wonder Woman Cover Girls statue in June, another nice one to go with my others from the line..... when I get somewhere to display them all together
View attachment 1183288 View attachment 1183289 View attachment 1183290

Next up my first dip into the Designer Series line with Supergirl
View attachment 1183291 View attachment 1183292 View attachment 1183293

And finally the last arrival a few weeks ago, another from the Designer Series line
View attachment 1183294 View attachment 1183295 View attachment 1183296

.......and my view from the sofa now. Originally had planned for a couple of the cover girls statues to go either side here but they were a bit small which is my 'reasoning' for getting the two Designer Series ones which work much better in these positions
View attachment 1183287
Those are beautiful.
Lover Supergirl, she looks fantastic.
WW is nice but never been a huge fan of the character so Supes would be my preference of the 2

When you have a PF turning up tomorrow and no clue where to put her lol
Whatcha getting????
Oh wait...it's the new Harley isn't??

CEEJAYBEE82

8C4B13A6-52E4-44C5-8490-B677FD03E17F.jpeg
Picked up the transformers ecto 1 from forbidden planet today for £42.99

Soundwave

Distinguished Member
View attachment 1183738 Picked up the transformers ecto 1 from forbidden planet today for £42.99
Nice

Be Interested to hear your thoughts
I decided to skip him & just get the Ghostbusters Prime but would like to hear how he is

Neil

Soundwave

Distinguished Member
yes mate she just turned up
Awesome stuff.
Look forward to your pics

Oh speaking of Harley you did order the P1 Harley as well didn't you?
Just out of curiosity but how are things with Lee @ CDUK?

Seen some people on SSF have been having issues getting responses from him lately

Neil

Trending threads

Latest News

Panasonic TVs get BritBox streaming app
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Clearaudio Concept turntable re-launched as Active edition
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Teufel announces Cinebar Ultima and Cinedeck TV sound solutions
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published