Quantcast

Collectors Figures (Picture Heavy) - Part 3

Inked

Distinguished Member
Ha ha brilliant, hope you are happy with him

I wish someone would do some other characters though, I'd kill for a 1/6th Scale Rogue Trooper or Nemesis the Warlock
Full on ABC Warriors would be cool too...Joe Pineapples & Hammerstein would be amaze
Decided I needed to see the revised version in hand to see which I prefer. Will probably only keep one ;)

I’d love a Rogue Trooper, Johnny Alpha and a Sam Slade!

Last edited:

Soundwave

Distinguished Member
Decided I needed to see the revised version in hand to see which I prefer. Will probably only keep one ;)
Ah didn't realise there was a revised version

Only keep one??
Yeah, yeah I've heard that before ;)

Inked said:
I’d love a Rogue Trooper, Johnny Alpha and a Sam Slade!
Oh I'd be all in for a Johnny Alpha
Strontium Dog was another big favourite of my early 2000AD reading

Neil

Bemused One

Distinguished Member
Still waiting/looking, no sign of one as yet :(
I'm sure it won't be much longer now...hopefully.

Just checked and no, they were from the US
That explains it then. I wouldn't want to import from the US. Too many variables with all the fees for me.

Only just over a month to go for Nightwing :p
Are you sure? I've got him down for Q4 this year.

I've noticed him a fair bit when DC stuff has just been released and used him for a few of the RWB ones, seems to be slightly earlier and cheaper or at least as cheap as anyone else when they first start shipping a new release
If he gets your approval mate, then that's good enough for me. :)

Yeah, I'm with you there as I like to watch a few things in my amazon wish list too ;)
Do you have a long list?

hmmm, Nightwing and that green girl whats er name :D
I'm rather liking the look of the Artfx+ Animated Batman statue, in the iconic pose from the series, as well. :blush:

Green girl you say? To whom, I wonder, are you referring to? She Hulk? Gamora? :p

Talking of her, I see the pics have started, for the most its been a massive thumbsup with the only complaints I've heard of being the customary sideshow odd one with googly eyes :mad:
Would you happen to have a link to said pics please? :)

As I feared then. She's going to be a risky proposition. :thumbsdow

Yeah it can be annoying but I guess people are so keen for teases and early announcements these days the earlier in the process they show things the more likely we are not going to get the odd one for various reasons
I'd be happier with teases of finished products that are only a few months out, but that's just me.

Odd releases seem to be getting rarer theses days from HT. Aliens Ripley would have been a slam dunk though. I'd love to know their reasoning for not putting her into production.

Only a few weeks to wait and see ;)
Yep. It should be interesting. :)

They came as a set in one box so probably wont sell as well as they would have individually but I would be surprised if they dont do a few more from the designer series design in that scale
Who else would you like to see from the line?

Me too, I was tempted a few times to click on the mini version of him
What held you back?

The mini version is a tricky one. I'm not sure if he'd lose his imposing edge at a smaller scale? If the scale isn't an issue for you though, I have no doubt you'd like him. He's a very faithful recreation of the character from the source material. If you got one though, would you feel the need to pair him with a mini Joker? Just wondering. ;):devil:

I get where you are coming from but I'd be surprised if you passed on another one if one appeared that you really really liked
You are probably right. :p As weaknesses go it's a pretty big one, isn't it? :laugh:

You'll be happy with me when I say thay both were well under my self imposed price limit for them too :clap:
Mate, if I could shake you by the hand right now I would. :smashin: Those bargains feel good, don't they? :D

lol, I guess if I like and want one enough its clicked on before you get the chance to know about it :p
Spoilsport! :nono::laugh:

Seriously though, I admire your decisiveness. I'm a terrible one for over deliberating at times.

She is a nice one and happy to have her to go with the others but its a little smaller scale than the designer series ones so don't think it would display that well with your ones......
I feel the same, which is why I haven't pulled the trigger on her. It's a fitting design for the character though, which is why I like it so much.

she seems to pop up in most of DC's lines so wont be too surprised if they do one in the designer series line at some stage
Here's hoping. :) Honestly, a DS version of the Covergirls one would do me nicely. :cool:

Yeah the Arkham one is another good one too and worth looking out for.
She's high up on my wants list from the Arkham line. I actually prefer the standard one as opposed to the coloured variant.

Speaking of the arkham line, you probably wouldn't entertain it but did you see the 'repaired' joker on ebay for cheap?
I'm not that fussed on the Arkham Joker to be honest. There just seems to be something off about him to me. Unless he's better in hand?

Would I entertain a repaired one? Hmm...not sure. Depends if the repair is seamless and if the price is right, of course. ;)

Cheers and she arrived, will get pics done at some stage ;)
Excellent. :smashin: Looking forward to seeing her photo shoot. :D

Will do although I'm not normally one for watching videos on youtube anyway unless its a how to type thing that I'm suck with and can't find any text instructions
That's a good thing. You'll be fine then. ;)
I have a tendency to wander whenever I'm on YT, to my deteriment at times. :facepalm:

Bemused One

Distinguished Member
Yeah but we always seem to be forgotten :(
Yep. It royally sucks! :thumbsdow

Sorry not what I meant was that Symphony of the night was practically a port of the PC-Engine Rondo of Blood game
I think you mean Dracula X? Symphony was a very different game to Rondo.

Yeah definitely made a nice change & being gory had a extra draw over the cleaner friendlier Street Fighter
There's nothing quite like dismembering your opponent in multiple different ways. :D

A sad sign of the times :(
At least we had the opportunity to enjoy it while it lasted. ;)

Sadly I don't think so now :(
You never know with Konami these days. :rolleyes:
It's ok you haven't missed much
Er...that's hardly what I had in mind when I was thinking of a new entry in the series. :eek: I don't know what that is, but it's not Contra.

You are probably right but yes I do like things the hard way ;) lol
It's okay to take the easy option every once in a while. It can save a lot of anguish. :)

No problems buddy, happy to get them out for a change
You should try one sometime, well worth the investment
If one pops up at the right price, you never know. ;)

Oh god here we go *Deeeeep breath*
All on the Xbox 360 ok...

Cave Shooting Collection boxset which contains the below games plus Superplay DVDs Soundtracks & art books...
Deathsmiles
Deathsmiles IIX
Mushihimesama
Mushihimesama Futari
Espgaluda II Black Label
Dodonpachi Resurrection ver 1.5
Dodonpachi Resurrection Black Label
Muchi Muchi Pork & Pink Sweets
Akai Katana
Guwange (Xbox Live Arcade)

Individual games...

Caladrius
Dodonpachi Saidaioujou
Ketsui
Otomedius Gorgeous
Otomedius Excellence
Shikigami No Shiro 3
Bullet Soul Infinite Burst

So yeah a few ;)
Impressive! :cool: No Guilty Gear?

Ha ha no sady not :(
When did you play the last one?

You'd like to think so but clearly not lol
Even the greats make mistakes sometimes. ;)

Make sure you do
It's high up on my watch list. :)

Yeah I have a few of the sets of the originals but I think I got you confused & none of these have new updates just box sets that we never had released here.
Ah right. Boxsets of some of the old classics would be my preference anyway. ;)

Anyway here are my sets that I had to hand
Noticeable omissions but also in the collection are M.A.S.K, the original Transformers episodes & Visionaries
View attachment 1168281 View attachment 1168282 View attachment 1168283
Also found my 3x3 Eyes Anime set as well :)

Still one of my fave Anime ever
Lovin' the pics buddy, thanks. :smashin: Those are some welcome blasts from the past. :)

I guess not but you know me ;)
Don't get me wrong, I like my tech, but I've just never taken to mobiles at all. I don't want or need to be that connected to everything and everyone all of the time. That's just me though. :p

Was that the one with Will Friedle doing the voice of Lion-O?
I thought that was great, sadly canned too soon & not because of poor ratings either it was because the toys didn't sell well enough (same with the He-Man reboot we spoke about as well)
Yeah, that was the one. I'm pleased to read you got to see some of it too and enjoyed it like I did. :smashin: You should give the original a chance too if you can. ;)

I wasn't aware it was due to lack of toy sales that the show got cancelled. I did wonder why.

They were both great shows but because kids weren't buying the toys they got binned :(
Companies are always looking for that next fast buck, aren't they? They just don't give things enough time to build up momentum. I'm sure if they had afforded both shows a few seasons toy sales would have picked up.

I am a man of taste ;)
A taste I can appreciate given my own is practically the same! :laugh:
Well hopefully I'll be able to avoid them now I know they exist
I hope so too. If you can, get the film watched as soon as you possibly can once it's released on bluray/4K. The net is an absolute minefield for Avengers spoilers.

Ha ha I'm sure they would ;)
You'd be their customer of the month for years! :D

Inked

Distinguished Member
So what's the verdict mate? Who stays and who goes?

Any chance of a pic of both side by side? :)
Haven’t got the new one out of the box yet. Had a quick look and the difference to the colour of the shoulder pads is subtle.

I think the new one will be staying though.

Bemused One

Distinguished Member
Haven’t got the new one out of the box yet. Had a quick look and the difference to the colour of the shoulder pads is subtle.
I’d be interested to know if there are any other noticeable differences between the two when you get a chance for a full inspection. :)

I think the new one will be staying though.
Makes sense if he’s more accurate. ;)

Inked

Distinguished Member
I’d be interested to know if there are any other noticeable differences between the two when you get a chance for a full inspection. :)

Makes sense if he’s more accurate. ;)
Just got it all set up, some very minor differences.

If I’d never seen the latest revision next to the original, I wouldn’t have said most of them were needed, but they definitely make it more accurate.
9DA2FC4B-F09E-4AC1-9148-AAA725822146.jpeg

Difference 1.
Most obvious in the photos I’d seen online, but much more subtle in hand. The shoulder pads, as expected, are slightly more golden.
48094CBC-8BA2-4488-BEE6-86ACE3EF01FF.jpeg

Difference 2.
Hadn’t noticed this before purchase, the "collar" has finer ribbing which is much closer to being the correct scale (still fabric though)
89EE28FC-EA22-4F7A-AF9F-63DF9E998E29.jpeg

Difference 3.
The revised collar, it now sits better allowing the neck cuff/collar of the leather jacket underneath to sit correctly (the shape of this also looks like it may have been revised, though that could just be manufacturing variation)

And difference 4.
The paint application on the new head sculpt is more subtle, the chin has less of a heavy beard and is less shiny, and (not pictured) the blood on the left hand side of the neck is far more defined
9EF5469D-1707-4FA0-AD8C-B3C790D23C2A.jpeg
C5E582CF-F56F-469A-99B2-70ED662C98FA.jpeg

Still has those awful bendy hands though!

Last edited:

Bemused One

Distinguished Member
I don’t think I could have asked for a better comparative post @Inked. :smashin: I really appreciate you taking the time to do all of the above. :) Both the information and pics you have provided are fantastic. :thumbsup: It’s great seeing both figures side by side and seeing their differences close up. Top drawer stuff mate. :smashin:

Soundwave

Distinguished Member
Yep. It royally sucks! :thumbsdow
Always left behind

Bemused One said:
I think you mean Dracula X? Symphony was a very different game to Rondo.
Ah I thought they were the same almost.

Bemused One said:
There's nothing quite like dismembering your opponent in multiple different ways. :D
Ha ha nope...always satisfying​

Bemused One said:
At least we had the opportunity to enjoy it while it lasted. ;)
Yes we did...and the memories will remain forever.

Bemused One said:
You never know with Konami these days. :rolleyes:
Ha ha nope you never do.

Bemused One said:
Er...that's hardly what I had in mind when I was thinking of a new entry in the series. :eek: I don't know what that is, but it's not Contra.
Nope I know...it's a far cry from what we had back in the day

Bemused One said:
It's okay to take the easy option every once in a while. It can save a lot of anguish. :)
Ha ha true...but where's the fun in that ;)

Bemused One said:
If one pops up at the right price, you never know. ;)
Never say never but if you get the chance then jump on one...you won't be sorry.
Also being USB they will work on PC if you are into PC Gaming at all

Bemused One said:
Impressive! :cool: No Guilty Gear?
No that's just my 2D shoot em up list
My Fighter list is much, much smaller than that

Bemused One said:
When did you play the last one?
Erm long before 3 got released.
I installed it on the X-One last night so might actually make a good crack at this week.

Bemused One said:
Even the greats make mistakes sometimes. ;)

Ha ha, yes they do ;)

Bemused One said:
It's high up on my watch list. :)
Rightly so ;)

Bemused One said:
Ah right. Boxsets of some of the old classics would be my preference anyway. ;)
It's the only way ;)

Bemused One said:
Lovin' the pics buddy, thanks. :smashin: Those are some welcome blasts from the past. :)
You're welcome man, loved getting them all out for a show :)
Trying to hunt down Gargolyes Season 2 at the moment & also re-buy Silverhawks

Bemused One said:
Don't get me wrong, I like my tech, but I've just never taken to mobiles at all. I don't want or need to be that connected to everything and everyone all of the time. That's just me though. :p
It's a good way to be...I'm glued to mine sadly
Other half is the same & even Chloe uses my old phone for YouTube & some kids games.
They are here to stay & a real nuisance but I feel like a limbs been removed if I don't have it now.

Bemused One said:
Yeah, that was the one. I'm pleased to read you got to see some of it too and enjoyed it like I did. :smashin: You should give the original a chance too if you can. ;)
Yeah it was really good, loved the reimagining of the origin story & the animation was really good
Don't get me wrong I enjoyed the original series it just never stuck with me like many other cartoons did

Bemused One said:
I wasn't aware it was due to lack of toy sales that the show got cancelled. I did wonder why.
Yep all about the mighty $ & since the toys weren't bringing it in they thought why renew the shows

Bemused One said:
Companies are always looking for that next fast buck, aren't they? They just don't give things enough time to build up momentum. I'm sure if they had afforded both shows a few seasons toy sales would have picked up.
Exactly, can't expect a new franchise to be an instant hit, these things take time to nurture & grow, but without good investment then nothing comes to fruition

Bemused One said:
A taste I can appreciate given my own is practically the same! :laugh:
Ha ha, glad to hear it's not just me.

Bemused One said:
I hope so too. If you can, get the film watched as soon as you possibly can once it's released on bluray/4K. The net is an absolute minefield for Avengers spoilers.
Sadly it will only get worse too :(
Still not long until Captain Marvel (This coming Monday) then Endgame I believe is September
So just a few more months ;)

Bemused One said:
You'd be their customer of the month for years! :D
Ha ha too true ;)

Neil

Pupstar

Lovely Dredd set up. It’s a funny old game this collecting lark. I sold all of my 1/6 collection when my twins were born 3 1/2 years ago.

Haven’t been too bothered with missing the collection. Then suddenly find myself browsing sale threads a couple of weeks ago and end up buying an Episode 4 Hot Toys Darth Vader with interrogator droid.

I’m already thinking about what’s next, so looks like I’m back in again.

Last edited:

Pupstar

Saw @Inked 's post about Gentle Giant Statues and busts on Zavvi. They have some Warcraft Statues on there for circa £199. These came out a couple of years and were £400 on collectibles direct.
Just wondered if anyone knows why Zavvi would have these older pieces back up for sale at 1/2 of the original RRP? Thought it was weird. They did the same thing a couple of months back with the Batman vs Killer Croc and on Horse statues by DC - think they were like £89.99 but were much more than that originally.

Soundwave

Distinguished Member
Lovely Dredd set up. It’s a funny old game this collecting lark. I sold all of my 1/6 collection when my twins were born 3 1/2 years ago.

Haven’t been too bothered with missing the collection. Then suddenly find myself browsing sale threads a couple of weeks ago and end up buying an Episode 4 Hot Toys Darth Vader with interrogator droid.

I’m already thinking about what’s next, so looks like I’m back in again.
Welcome back ;)
Lol there is no real escape...you have breaks, but you are never fully out of the game ;)

Saw @Inked 's post about Gentle Giant Statues and busts on Zavvi. They have some Warcraft Statues on there for circa £199. These came out a couple of years and were £400 on collectibles direct.
Just wondered if anyone knows why Zavvi would have these older pieces back up for sale at 1/2 of the original RRP? Thought it was weird. They did the same thing a couple of months back with the Batman vs Killer Croc and on Horse statues by DC - think they were like £89.99 but were much more than that originally.
Yeah noticed a few times that they seem to get stock of older pieces, could be something like Amerang doing a warehouse clearance & discovering a few items which they offer out to regular customers?
Zavvi just hoover up anything I guess ;) lol

@gam was just browsing Movie Figures (as I do most days) & stumbled on something that might be of interest.
The original release of Bombshells Batgirl for £70 + shipping
DC Collectibles DC Comics Bombshells Batgirl 1/8 Statue

Might still be over what you want to pay but thought it was worth letting you know anyway :)

Neil

Pupstar

Welcome back ;)
Lol there is no real escape...you have breaks, but you are never fully out of the game ;)

Yeah noticed a few times that they seem to get stock of older pieces, could be something like Amerang doing a warehouse clearance & discovering a few items which they offer out to regular customers?
Zavvi just hoover up anything I guess ;) lol

@gam was just browsing Movie Figures (as I do most days) & stumbled on something that might be of interest.

Might still be over what you want to pay but thought it was worth letting you know anyway :)

Neil
This is a good shout re: Amarang and Zavvi. I’m quite tempted to buy one actually but then the slope gets even more slippery.

Bemused One

Distinguished Member
Always left behind
Always half assed ports, if we get them at all. :rolleyes:

Ah I thought they were the same almost.
Symphony was actually a direct sequel to Rondo, which isn't something the franchise does often. I also think it was the first game in the series to include the now familiar RPG elements as well.

Dracula X had a similar plot to Rondo, but a different art style, redesigned levels and gameplay elements. It was also rock hard. :eek: I recall losing my temper with it alot, lol. :laugh:

Ha ha nope...always satisfying
They've certainly ramped things up to eleven with the newer titles, haven't they? I can't decide whether or not they've taken it too far now. What do you think?​

Yes we did...and the memories will remain forever.
They will indeed. Happy, happy days. :love:

Ha ha nope you never do.
I wish they still made great games, rather than relying on past glories. Konami was my favourite publisher at one time. Changed days now though. :(
Nope I know...it's a far cry from what we had back in the day
Who will that game appeal to though? Certainly not long time fans. I doubt it will attract many newcomers either.

Ha ha true...but where's the fun in that ;)
You just like the thrill of the chase, don't you mate? :D

Never say never but if you get the chance then jump on one...you won't be sorry.
Also being USB they will work on PC if you are into PC Gaming at all
Would you have any suggestions for newer ones to keep an eye on?

No that's just my 2D shoot em up list
My Fighter list is much, much smaller than that
Sorry, I meant Metal Slug, not Guilty Gear, although I'm curious to know about your 2D fighter list too. :)

Erm long before 3 got released.
Do you still remember the story?

I installed it on the X-One last night so might actually make a good crack at this week.
So how is it going?

You're welcome man, loved getting them all out for a show :)
Do you have any other Manga/Anime on DVD?
Trying to hunt down Gargolyes Season 2 at the moment & also re-buy Silverhawks
I wish you every luck in acquiring them. :)

It's a good way to be...I'm glued to mine sadly
Other half is the same & even Chloe uses my old phone for YouTube & some kids games.
They are here to stay & a real nuisance but I feel like a limbs been removed if I don't have it now.
If it's something you and the family enjoy then fair play to you. You should try giving them a rest once in a while though. You'd be surprised how productive you can be without them. :)

Yeah it was really good, loved the reimagining of the origin story & the animation was really good
Agreed. Both were really well done. :smashin:

Don't get me wrong I enjoyed the original series it just never stuck with me like many other cartoons did
That's fair enough.

I had a fair few of the toys back in the day, so I was heavily invested in it, lol. :laugh:

Yep all about the mighty $ & since the toys weren't bringing it in they thought why renew the shows
As you've rightly said, not all cartoons are hits, especially given how much shorter people's attention spans are these days, but you would think when they have a hit on their hands it would make sense to stick with it.

Exactly, can't expect a new franchise to be an instant hit, these things take time to nurture & grow, but without good investment then nothing comes to fruition
Spot on. Companies are so risk averse these days, but you have to take risks if you want to build things. Sometimes the long game can really pay off.

Ha ha, glad to hear it's not just me.
It can be tough being a connoisseur, but you've either got it or you don't, lol. ;):D
Sadly it will only get worse too :(
Are spoiler tags really too much to ask for? :rolleyes:

Still not long until Captain Marvel (This coming Monday) then Endgame I believe is September
So just a few more months ;)
You've done well thus far, so just keep doing what you are doing. You too @gam. ;)

gam

Can't really see her selling out to be fair, lost of people waiting to see if an Endgame version appears with the updated costume etc.
But I'm more than happy to get the actual Cap Marvel movie version (probably get the Endgame one too if it appears...updated suit looks awesome too)

Think there is about £20 difference between the reg & deluxe versions...I'm paying £240 for my deluxe from Planet action figures & that comes with the flight jacket, Goose the cat & an extra energy blast for her hand
Other places are charging £240 for the Reg & £265 for the deluxe so as I'm getting deluxe for Reg money it was a no brainer, but even £25 extra for the 3 bonus bits isn't too bad (£8.33 per item is probably a bargain...especially for a 1/6 scale puss cat ;):rotfl::rotfl:)​
Going by that reasoning if I do get one it will likely be the deluxe version unless it sells out by then and jumps way up in price, as you say for an extra £20 there's very little reason not to even if I'd be content with the reg version

I wont be entertaining an Endgame version if it comes up at all....... I'd only see one thing happening if I went down that route so staying well clear :laugh:

Ha ha you're probably right...mean...but right ;)
:devil:

Think the price would have to be keen to get me to buy them too but they all look good
Its ok to me but not wowing me for over £200..... I'll stick it on my maybe pile and see how it turns out when its released and then keep an eye out for a discounted one

I know but sadly I didn't have all the cash available to do it at the time & she was long gone before I got my Birthday pennies :(
The listing didn't last long either, at least there is plenty of others on your wish list.... speaking of which, any movement on your Green Arrow waitlist?

No they do seem to have slowed a little, still a couple of frankly awesome ones to come in a few months time...however I fear that the Hot Toys bug has bitten me a again & I seem to be precariously positioned at the top of what from here looks like quite a steep slope & my footing isn't all that great ;) :laugh::eek::eek::eek:
Think the next one is the Batgirl/Supergirl battle one although in my eyes the next are Death and Mary Shazam around christmas/new year time. Will be keeping an eye out if there are any more announced next week though ;)

Don't worry, no one here will give you any sort of nudge with Hot Toys, honest :rolleyes:

Totally unrelated, the John Wick one shouldn't be too far away :D

Ha ha nope, everything is expensive :(
Still, even though they are better than the normal ones I'm looking at them 6" figures and thinking £10-£30 max not creaping towards the £100 mark
He does look much better in hand than any picture & as I said it was my first one so a special piece to me
I'd agree with that, I think its when the picture is a lot bigger there looks like a lot of plain flat grey around when in reality with the size of them its just right...... great pose just adds to the goodness:thumbsup:
I think he looks great & will be keeping an eye on Ebay for him now myself
It was apparently one of the early ones in 2005 with a 2nd edition version in 2014. Like above on big close up pics this time the shading can look a bit blah but in reality it works very well
To be fair that's the same for me...I like an action pose they can look great but I'm all for Museum poses if they are available
I'm with you there :thumbsup:

Have a couple more museum pose type ones I'm keeping an eye on ebay but the fact I haven't already clicked on them is a sign I'll likely not
Ah so a little break coming up then.
who me, pffft, are you having a laugh :rotfl:

I had a space I had planed putting them in but have had other 'great' ideas for it now with these being moved elsewhere with a bit of woodwork needed for them at some stage :facepalm:

I actually quite like that Batgirl one & I might look at them a bit more when they are released.
I'll be looking too but it will depend on what others appear in this phase before I'll even think of getting any

Speaking of upcoming statues...do you look at the Tweeterhead DC line?
That looks amazing & at around £250 a piece not bank breaking
Scale isn't terrible (around 16") but their stuff is looking great
If you order direct as well their exclusives are very good...Green Lantern for example is one of those Exclusive or Fail pieces IMO

Well worth a look if you haven't already

Neil
Yeah that green lantern one looks great. I also took a likeing to the Batman one but thats as far as I've went with them, so far :rolleyes:

Cheers :smashin:

Have seen a few and hadn't been tempted for less than £50, think there is still a couple of sellers on amazon for around that, but still more than content with just the Halloween version of her....... holding strong trying to stay away from temptation ;)

I'm sure it won't be much longer now...hopefully.
Still looking :boring:

Shocked there hasn't been a pic of them all yet

That explains it then. I wouldn't want to import from the US. Too many variables with all the fees for me.
I know what you mean, I'd be the same myself these days but if global shipping is available you pay the fees upfront along with the item which takes that variable out of the equation. Still have the worry of long distance if there are any issues though :(

Are you sure? I've got him down for Q4 this year.
I thoght it was always August - DC DESIGNER SERIES: NIGHTWING BY JIM LEE STATUE

FP which usually update to reasonably accurate dates have him for the 5th August

By the way he looks as good as the rest of the line....... and so it begins :devil::devil::devil:

If he gets your approval mate, then that's good enough for me. :)
Seems good for new releases, I was dubious at first as he was listing them a bit earlier and cheaper than most places but no issues with the 4 or 5 items I've bought from them and will likely use again

Do you have a long list?
you mean listS lol

Most of it I'm unlikely ever to buy but theres still plenty that I might if the price hits a point that appeals

I'm rather liking the look of the Artfx+ Animated Batman statue, in the iconic pose from the series, as well. :blush:
Then you'd need the Joker and Harley to go with him :cool:

See there is another version of him coming out early next year

Green girl you say? To whom, I wonder, are you referring to? She Hulk? Gamora? :p

Would you happen to have a link to said pics please? :)
Yeah I wonder who she is :confused:

Here's two links which work without signing up. The ex head is doing nothing for me :thumbsdow
Link 1
Link 2

As I feared then. She's going to be a risky proposition. :thumbsdow
But the question is it one that is worth taking?

I'd be happier with teases of finished products that are only a few months out, but that's just me.
Me too, I'd even be happy with the teases just before the pre-orders open which can be a long time before release but I guess the companys cant win as there are many wanting teases of things earlier and earlier in the process these days

Odd releases seem to be getting rarer theses days from HT. Aliens Ripley would have been a slam dunk though. I'd love to know their reasoning for not putting her into production.
I though it was because it didn't get licensor final approval? But who knows, maybe they will shock us and release it out of the blue

Who else would you like to see from the line?
None really individually as I'm happy with the three to be honest but would consider any more if they were for doing a few more

What held you back?
In fear it would make me really want the bigger version

The mini version is a tricky one. I'm not sure if he'd lose his imposing edge at a smaller scale? If the scale isn't an issue for you though, I have no doubt you'd like him. He's a very faithful recreation of the character from the source material. If you got one though, would you feel the need to pair him with a mini Joker? Just wondering. ;):devil:
Yeah I'd definetly need least one more to pair him with and the Joker would be the obvious choice

I do have the B&W line now to scrarch my Batman itch so very unlikely I would go for these mini ones

You are probably right. :p As weaknesses go it's a pretty big one, isn't it? :laugh:
:thumbsup:

Mate, if I could shake you by the hand right now I would. :smashin: Those bargains feel good, don't they? :D
Oh yes, its a lot sweeter feeling than overpaying thats for sure :clap:

Spoilsport! :nono::laugh:

Seriously though, I admire your decisiveness. I'm a terrible one for over deliberating at times.
hehe.....and I've done it again :clap:

Really need to get my finger/camera out and take some pics :blush:

I feel the same, which is why I haven't pulled the trigger on her. It's a fitting design for the character though, which is why I like it so much.

Here's hoping. :) Honestly, a DS version of the Covergirls one would do me nicely. :cool:
:smashin:

She's high up on my wants list from the Arkham line. I actually prefer the standard one as opposed to the coloured variant.
Yeah I prefered the standard ones too, the full coloured ones even the Harley one are just less appealing to me in that line

I'm not that fussed on the Arkham Joker to be honest. There just seems to be something off about him to me. Unless he's better in hand?
He is good in hand like the rest of them but I know where you are coming from, he was one I originally passed on and then picked up a little later when I decided to go completist on the line

Would I entertain a repaired one? Hmm...not sure. Depends if the repair is seamless and if the price is right, of course. ;)
It was £25 for a reason, the repairs looked a lot less than seamless

Excellent. :smashin: Looking forward to seeing her photo shoot. :D
I've been slacking lately, I will get to it at some stage :blush:

That's a good thing. You'll be fine then. ;)
I have a tendency to wander whenever I'm on YT, to my deteriment at times. :facepalm:
Have still read a few bits by accident when reading about other things that I would have prefered not to but I should still enjoy the movies when I get to see them

You've done well thus far, so just keep doing what you are doing. You too @gam. ;)
Captain Marvel is in the post so should be here next week for my regular Wednesday night movie night :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Soundwave

Distinguished Member
Always half assed ports, if we get them at all. :rolleyes:
Ha ha yeah & there are so many we never did :(

Bemused One said:
Symphony was actually a direct sequel to Rondo, which isn't something the franchise does often. I also think it was the first game in the series to include the now familiar RPG elements as well.

Dracula X had a similar plot to Rondo, but a different art style, redesigned levels and gameplay elements. It was also rock hard. :eek: I recall losing my temper with it alot, lol. :laugh:
Ah that clears that up then, thanks I got it totally wrong lol

Bemused One said:
They've certainly ramped things up to eleven with the newer titles, haven't they? I can't decide whether or not they've taken it too far now. What do you think?
Yeah think they possibly have, but they are still fun ;)

Bemused One said:
They will indeed. Happy, happy days. :love:
Some of the best :)

Bemused One said:
I wish they still made great games, rather than relying on past glories. Konami was my favourite publisher at one time. Changed days now though. :(
Same, their output up to & including the PS2 Era were easily some of the greatest games ever produced
Their 8-Bit & 16-Bit stuff is the thing of legends, not even Capcom were as good as they were back then

Bemused One said:
Who will that game appeal to though? Certainly not long time fans. I doubt it will attract many newcomers either.
I have absolutely no idea, it looks terrible

Bemused One said:
You just like the thrill of the chase, don't you mate? :D
Maybe ;)

Bemused One said:
Would you have any suggestions for newer ones to keep an eye on?
Anything made by Hori would be my recommendation
Madcatz Closed up shop a couple of years back now so they aren't producing anymore.
Hori are the only ones now sadly :(

Bemused One said:
Sorry, I meant Metal Slug, not Guilty Gear, although I'm curious to know about your 2D fighter list too. :)
I have the Metal Slug Anthology for the Wii but nothing on the bigger consoles
My 2D fighter list is actually pretty weak if I'm honest...

Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition
BlazBlue: Chrono phantasma
Arcana Heart 3
Marvel Vs Capcom
Virtua Fighter 5
Mortal Kombat vs DC
Injustice

Those are off the top of my head, might be one or 2 more but that's about it

Bemused One said:
Do you still remember the story?
Mostly ;)

Bemused One said:
So how is it going?
Not started :( lol

Bemused One said:
Do you have any other Manga/Anime on DVD?
Yeah have a lot.
Can't remember all but off the top of my head...

Akira (about 3 times)
Full Metal Alchemist
Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood
Urotsukidoji (1-4)
Witch Hunter Robin
Serial Experiments: Lain
Zoids
Dragonball Super
Dragonball Z: Kai
Dragonball Z movies
Bleach (seasons 1-16 & the 4 movies)
Jo Jos Bizarre Adventure
Gundam Wing (plus the movie - Endless Waltz)
Heat Guy J
Kill La Kill
Gunslinger Girl
Elfen Leid
Death Note
Strike Witches
New Fist of the North Star

Some more as well but can't remember them now lol​

Bemused One said:
I wish you every luck in acquiring them. :)
Thanks man...I need it...Gargoyles seems to have hit stupid prices now :(

Bemused One said:
If it's something you and the family enjoy then fair play to you. You should try giving them a rest once in a while though. You'd be surprised how productive you can be without them. :)
Oh we do, they get a good rest when me & Chloe play etc.

Bemused One said:
Agreed. Both were really well done. :smashin:
Yeah they were, such a shame we never got to see their natural conclusions though

Bemused One said:
That's fair enough.

I had a fair few of the toys back in the day, so I was heavily invested in it, lol. :laugh:
Ha ha, I had toys too, but my brother was the much bigger fan so it was more his thing & I just had toys to play with him

Bemused One said:
As you've rightly said, not all cartoons are hits, especially given how much shorter people's attention spans are these days, but you would think when they have a hit on their hands it would make sense to stick with it.
Definitely, at least stick with something, it has to be worth it surely.

Bemused One said:
Spot on. Companies are so risk averse these days, but you have to take risks if you want to build things. Sometimes the long game can really pay off.
As above if you don't give it time to build & begin getting a fan base you'll never reap the rewards.

Bemused One said:
It can be tough being a connoisseur, but you've either got it or you don't, lol. ;):D

Yeap & we clearly both have it ;)

Bemused One said:
Are spoiler tags really too much to ask for? :rolleyes:
Sadly it seems so :(

Bemused One said:
Ha ha been a real lucky bugger here.
Still Captain Marvel should be here today so I'll get that watched when I can & then it's just the wait until September for Endgame :)

Neil

Soundwave

Distinguished Member
Going by that reasoning if I do get one it will likely be the deluxe version unless it sells out by then and jumps way up in price, as you say for an extra £20 there's very little reason not to even if I'd be content with the reg version

I wont be entertaining an Endgame version if it comes up at all....... I'd only see one thing happening if I went down that route so staying well clear :laugh:

Glad I could help sway you to the Deluxe ;) lol
Lol totally agree, getting into this again isn't going to be good for the bank balance ;)

Gam said:
Its ok to me but not wowing me for over £200..... I'll stick it on my maybe pile and see how it turns out when its released and then keep an eye out for a discounted one
Think your Maybe pile is starting to get rather large isn't it? lol

Gam said:
The listing didn't last long either, at least there is plenty of others on your wish list.... speaking of which, any movement on your Green Arrow waitlist?
Yeah sadly she was never to going to hang around
Nope still nothing & I've seen a few more convert since.
Although release has been pushed back to end of August so maybe.
Would like it to hurry up though...I keep looking at other pieces & getting tempted :confused::confused:

Gam said:
Think the next one is the Batgirl/Supergirl battle one although in my eyes the next are Death and Mary Shazam around christmas/new year time. Will be keeping an eye out if there are any more announced next week though ;)
Still not ordered Mary & Death, should get on those soon.
London Film & Comic Con next weekend though so if I don't spend a small fortune there I'll be due a shopping spree...still have Christmas & Birthday money burning holes in my pocket ;)

Gam said:
Don't worry, no one here will give you any sort of nudge with Hot Toys, honest :rolleyes:
No I'm sure you won't ;)

Gam said:
Totally unrelated, the John Wick one shouldn't be too far away :D
Ha ha yeah totally unrelated :rolleyes::rotfl::rotfl:
Look forward to your pics.​

Gam said:
Still, even though they are better than the normal ones I'm looking at them 6" figures and thinking £10-£30 max not creaping towards the £100 mark
Can see your point there & I'd definitely prefer them cheaper but when you consider that 12" Hot Toys figures are almost £300 now a 6" version of similar quality at under £70 is something of a bargain

Gam said:
I'd agree with that, I think its when the picture is a lot bigger there looks like a lot of plain flat grey around when in reality with the size of them its just right...... great pose just adds to the goodness:thumbsup:
Yeah sometimes big pictures online can make them look very bland but once in hand they scale perfectly & it all works

Gam said:
It was apparently one of the early ones in 2005 with a 2nd edition version in 2014. Like above on big close up pics this time the shading can look a bit blah but in reality it works very well
I expect he'll be creeping up in price now then if he's that old.

Gam said:
I'm with you there :thumbsup:

Have a couple more museum pose type ones I'm keeping an eye on ebay but the fact I haven't already clicked on them is a sign I'll likely not
Sounds to me like they'll be no goers then
It's not like you to hang around & if you haven't already succumbed to them you aren't likely too.
Still plenty more out there :)

Gam said:
who me, pffft, are you having a laugh :rotfl:

I had a space I had planed putting them in but have had other 'great' ideas for it now with these being moved elsewhere with a bit of woodwork needed for them at some stage :facepalm:
Ha ha ha oh the ever changing layout.
Will be interested to see what you do with it now & potentially what is going to be added to the location instead.

Gam said:
I'll be looking too but it will depend on what others appear in this phase before I'll even think of getting any
Yeah makes sense to see what else comes first.
Have seen them go up & £140 for Batgirl isn't horrific
Will keep an eye on the line for now.

Gam said:
Yeah that green lantern one looks great. I also took a likeing to the Batman one but thats as far as I've went with them, so far :rolleyes:
Ha ha "SO FAR"
I wonder how long the SO FAR will last? ;)
I am damn tempted by a lot of them to be truthful
They even do a Ru-Paul maquette which I'm considering as a gift for the wife...she is obsessed with his Drag Race show & if you order direct you can get an autograph with it ;)

Shame I didn't get into them earlier...their Munsters pieces looked great

Gam said:
Cheers :smashin:

Have seen a few and hadn't been tempted for less than £50, think there is still a couple of sellers on amazon for around that, but still more than content with just the Halloween version of her....... holding strong trying to stay away from temptation ;)
No problems buddy
Ah didn't realise you could get her that cheap elsewhere, also I know Movie Figures don't include shipping & I expect that to get her to you would be pricey :(
Halloween version still the best version anyway ;)

Neil

gam

Glad I could help sway you to the Deluxe ;) lol
Lol totally agree, getting into this again isn't going to be good for the bank balance ;)
Watched it last night and enjoyed it so looking likely for adding the Hot Toys one to the collection but will wait until its released before committing

Think your Maybe pile is starting to get rather large isn't it? lol
Oh yeah, very large but for most of them it will be down to whether or not one comes up in-stock and available at the right time at the right price from the right shop/seller......... if not then theres plenty of others to take my interest

Yeah sadly she was never to going to hang around
Nope still nothing & I've seen a few more convert since.
Although release has been pushed back to end of August so maybe.
Would like it to hurry up though...I keep looking at other pieces & getting tempted :confused::confused:
See theres an unboxing video appeared for it. Just hope if/when your waitlist converts you haven't been tempted elsewhere and end up having to cancel it

Still not ordered Mary & Death, should get on those soon.
And I'm sure you wont be jumping on the one after that ;)

London Film & Comic Con next weekend though so if I don't spend a small fortune there I'll be due a shopping spree...still have Christmas & Birthday money burning holes in my pocket ;)
Fingers crossed for a bowen thor ;)

As above, just hope you keep some pennies to the side for a while longer for Green Arrow

No I'm sure you won't ;)

Ha ha yeah totally unrelated :rolleyes::rotfl::rotfl:
Look forward to your pics.
:D
Can see your point there & I'd definitely prefer them cheaper but when you consider that 12" Hot Toys figures are almost £300 now a 6" version of similar quality at under £70 is something of a bargain
Its crazy that logic makes since but I couldn't bring myself to pay that for them
I expect he'll be creeping up in price now then if he's that old.
Looking at them in general on ebay it seems more down to luck and timing what people are trying to sell them for. I got that one for £60 as I liked it, bonus that it was one of the very early ones so even more happy with it now​

Sounds to me like they'll be no goers then
It's not like you to hang around & if you haven't already succumbed to them you aren't likely too.
Still plenty more out there :)
If they end unsold and are relisted slightly cheaper or the prices are reduced a little they will be very hard to pass up but as you say plenty of others to keep an eye out for good priced ones that I like

btw, to mark the just announced 100th one theres a few pics knocking around from sdcc of them all on display together, seen them on my phone earlier but can't find them again
Ha ha ha oh the ever changing layout.
Will be interested to see what you do with it now & potentially what is going to be added to the location instead.
Yeah makes sense to see what else comes first.
Have seen them go up & £140 for Batgirl isn't horrific
Will keep an eye on the line for now.
Going by most of dc's offerings I'd be reasonably confident of that one being available for closer to £100 around release time from a few sellers

Will be keeping an eye on them too
Ha ha "SO FAR"
I wonder how long the SO FAR will last? ;)
I am damn tempted by a lot of them to be truthful
They even do a Ru-Paul maquette which I'm considering as a gift for the wife...she is obsessed with his Drag Race show & if you order direct you can get an autograph with it ;)

Shame I didn't get into them earlier...their Munsters pieces looked great
Most of the ones I've seen so far have been fairly good but not a must for me but yeah never say never. If I was into Green Lantern I would have succumbed to that one as it does look great

I will be watching out for any more they release as I'm sure something will tick all my boxes for a pre-order at some stage
No problems buddy
Ah didn't realise you could get her that cheap elsewhere, also I know Movie Figures don't include shipping & I expect that to get her to you would be pricey :(
Halloween version still the best version anyway ;)

Neil
Even though its nice enough its still as like yourself I prefer the Halloween one, which as I already have it is stopping me clicking on the original one..... what might still happen is me getting the Batgirl/Supergirl one if when its released I come accross one for bargain price

gam

Think I need them
Its very nice but not sure on the Cover Girl Catwoman but I'll be getting the Designer series Harley as well as the 3 RWB ones they have shown at sdcc
rwb.jpg

The Harleys along with this one that I'm sure @Soundwave will have no interest in :rolleyes: will almost certainly be added to my collection
bombshells.jpg

Last edited:

Soundwave

Distinguished Member
Watched it last night and enjoyed it so looking likely for adding the Hot Toys one to the collection but will wait until its released before committing​

Glad to hear you enjoyed it, still no idea when I'll get round to watching it.
YAY for getting you on the bandwagon for it ;)
Did you see at SDCC they have teased Vers & Yon Rogg?

2fb266f2baba8f57b9889a3b08ccb5ef.jpg
0ec779e0120779d831485ac14b78ea7c.jpg

Want them too :)

Gam said:
Oh yeah, very large but for most of them it will be down to whether or not one comes up in-stock and available at the right time at the right price from the right shop/seller......... if not then theres plenty of others to take my interest
Same here, always something to take up the space if you can't get what you want at the right price.
The joy of the hobby is there is always something out there ;)

Gam said:
See there's an unboxing video appeared for it. Just hope if/when your waitlist converts you haven't been tempted elsewhere and end up having to cancel it
Yeah I saw it the other day, looks great but concerned about the arrow, looks quite precarious in position & I'm worried it might fall easily.
Also the boxing glove looks a little OTT & not as good as I thought, still you can mount it nicely in the holder so I doubt I'll ever use it.

Pushed back to end of August by the sounds of things so still time...however I have been looking A LOT lately at the Court of the Dead pieces & my mist wanted piece - Kier is currently free shipping to the UK :eek::eek:

Gam said:
And I'm sure you wont be jumping on the one after that ;)
Seen her...Nearly exploded when I did ;)
She looks freaking AMAZING

Gam said:
Fingers crossed for a bowen thor ;)
Ha ha me too...lightning can't strike twice though...can it?? ;)

Gam said:
As above, just hope you keep some pennies to the side for a while longer for Green Arrow
It's getting harder by the moment.
So much is appearing that is teasing me lol

Gam said:
Its crazy that logic makes since but I couldn't bring myself to pay that for them
It is crazy isn't but agree you either are happy with a high price or think what else you can get for almost the same money (Batman B&W statues for example)
That said have you seen some of the SDCC teases for them?
Batman '89 looks great

Gam said:
Looking at them in general on ebay it seems more down to luck and timing what people are trying to sell them for. I got that one for £60 as I liked it, bonus that it was one of the very early ones so even more happy with it now
Wow that was a nice price.
Don't think it falls under the B&W banner this time but have you seen the Todd McFarlane Batman teased at SDCC??

McFarlane-DC-Collectibles-Batman-Statue-001.jpg
McFarlane-DC-Collectibles-Batman-Statue-002.jpg
McFarlane-DC-Collectibles-Batman-Statue-003.jpg

Gam said:
If they end unsold and are relisted slightly cheaper or the prices are reduced a little they will be very hard to pass up but as you say plenty of others to keep an eye out for good priced ones that I like
Best way to go, hope for the reductions ;)

Gam said:
btw, to mark the just announced 100th one theres a few pics knocking around from sdcc of them all on display together, seen them on my phone earlier but can't find them again
Oh wow, will try to find that, reckon it looks amazing to see them all together

Gam said:
Going by most of dc's offerings I'd be reasonably confident of that one being available for closer to £100 around release time from a few sellers

Will be keeping an eye on them too

Good stuff, keep me posted if you find them cheap, would like them too​

Gam said:
Most of the ones I've seen so far have been fairly good but not a must for me but yeah never say never. If I was into Green Lantern I would have succumbed to that one as it does look great
The Green Lantern is great but I admit it's the Batman, Robin & Batgirl that have grabbed my interest more.

Gam said:
I will be watching out for any more they release as I'm sure something will tick all my boxes for a pre-order at some stage
Rumour has it they have picked up the Thundercats license which may see some good pieces

Gam said:
Even though its nice enough its still as like yourself I prefer the Halloween one, which as I already have it is stopping me clicking on the original one..... what might still happen is me getting the Batgirl/Supergirl one if when its released I come accross one for bargain price
Genuinely still think Halloween version was a masterstroke
Re-worked enough to class as an entirely new piece & not just a recolour, works so well

I have seen the Bat/Super one for under £200 but not sure that's too much of a bargain just yet

So anything else from SDCC this year caught your eye?

I've been excited by the Court of the Dead line.
They are starting a line of 1/6 scale figures starting with Kier which I am all over.
Around £170 isn't a bad price either.

kier-first-sword-of-death_court-of-the-dead_gallery_5d28b250ea1d8.jpg
kier-first-sword-of-death_court-of-the-dead_gallery_5d28b250a5ff8.jpg

Neil

gam

Glad to hear you enjoyed it, still no idea when I'll get round to watching it.
YAY for getting you on the bandwagon for it ;)
Did you see at SDCC they have teased Vers & Yon Rogg?

View attachment 1174581 View attachment 1174580

Want them too :)

I did glimpse them and although they look great too I'll be more than happy with just the more iconic coloured one

Next weeks movie will be Alita so hoping I dont enjoy it too much as I see there are a few statues and a Hot Toy version of her...... I/credit card should hopefully be safe :suicide:

Yeah I saw it the other day, looks great but concerned about the arrow, looks quite precarious in position & I'm worried it might fall easily.
Also the boxing glove looks a little OTT & not as good as I thought, still you can mount it nicely in the holder so I doubt I'll ever use it.
I did prefer the ex head for him but tbh I was never 100% sold on the boxing glove...... can understand why big fans of him are though

Sure once the arrow is set in place properly it should be ok especially if hes displayed in one of those mythical cabinet things :p

Pushed back to end of August by the sounds of things so still time...however I have been looking A LOT lately at the Court of the Dead pieces & my mist wanted piece - Kier is currently free shipping to the UK :eek::eek:
Your eyes are wondering then :laugh:

Looks like a great statue but not a line that has ever caught my interest

Personally thinking I would have thought GA would be appealing more to you due to the history/nostalgic factor?
Seen her...Nearly exploded when I did ;)
She looks freaking AMAZING​

Thought you might like :clap:

Ha ha me too...lightning can't strike twice though...can it?? ;)
Well he is the god of thunder isn't he?
It is crazy isn't but agree you either are happy with a high price or think what else you can get for almost the same money (Batman B&W statues for example)
That said have you seen some of the SDCC teases for them?
Batman '89 looks great
I did browse over pics of a few as I remember seeing the John Wick one again, can't remember the Batman one though

Did see one with him and the Batmobile somewhere though, think it was an Iron Studios one

Wow that was a nice price.
Don't think it falls under the B&W banner this time but have you seen the Todd McFarlane Batman teased at SDCC??

View attachment 1174591 View attachment 1174592 View attachment 1174593
Thats the 100th B&W one unless I'm mistaken, there's apparently a lifesize version of it on display too to mark the landmark number in the line

Best way to go, hope for the reductions ;)

Oh wow, will try to find that, reckon it looks amazing to see them all together
It wasn't the best of pics but it gave a good indication of the size of the line, still keeping an eye out for where I saw them

Good stuff, keep me posted if you find them cheap, would like them too
Will do :smashin:
The Green Lantern is great but I admit it's the Batman, Robin & Batgirl that have grabbed my interest more.
Batgirl seems to be popular in the statue market at the minute, doesn't she?

Its the Dark Knight Batman from them that I've been drawn towards at the minute but the other one looks like it would go better with Robin and Batgirl
Rumour has it they have picked up the Thundercats license which may see some good pieces
Just what you need, some more to go on your must have list ;)
Genuinely still think Halloween version was a masterstroke
Re-worked enough to class as an entirely new piece & not just a recolour, works so well
It does indeed and the only one of the 'Holiday' variants that were done that I would have been interested in at all, bonus that I prefer it over the original

I have seen the Bat/Super one for under £200 but not sure that's too much of a bargain just yet
Well thats a better price than most places but would still need to be a bit lower before I'm tempted

So anything else from SDCC this year caught your eye?
From what I've seen the only other thing I could be interested in is the Iron Studios into the spiderverse ones. I've been keen to get a few from them and that series is one I'm interested in and will be fairly small compared to the other series'

Was looking forward to seeing the Blitzway/Prime 1 GOT Daenerys but was left a bit dissapointed as it isn't appealing as much to me as I thought it would have

So in short for me it will definitely be -
The Bombshells (obviously)
RWB Harleys
Designer Series Harley

Very likely that McFarlane B&W Batman

and price depending very probably the 4 Iron Studios Into The Spiderverse statues

What about yourself?

I've been excited by the Court of the Dead line.
They are starting a line of 1/6 scale figures starting with Kier which I am all over.
Around £170 isn't a bad price either.

View attachment 1174607 View attachment 1174606

Neil
Nice :cool:

Would that tickle your itch for the line instead of the PF or would you be likely with both?

Soundwave

Distinguished Member

I did glimpse them and although they look great too I'll be more than happy with just the more iconic coloured one​

Yeah I think if you aren't too worried on the character then the standard suit will be good.
I like the green suit as it goes back to the original roots of the character so would like that on the shelf as well, Yon Rogg I can live without really

Gam said:
Next weeks movie will be Alita so hoping I dont enjoy it too much as I see there are a few statues and a Hot Toy version of her...... I/credit card should hopefully be safe :suicide:
Ha ha yeah fingers crossed you'll be ok
I liked the Anime back in the day but never really felt the inkling to see the live action version if I'm honest.

Gam said:
I did prefer the ex head for him but tbh I was never 100% sold on the boxing glove...... can understand why big fans of him are though
Yeah it's a little comedic thing from the comics but was a running thing so the inclusion is a fun little homage

Gam said:
Sure once the arrow is set in place properly it should be ok especially if hes displayed in one of those mythical cabinet things :p
Yeah probably right
Oh ha ha :p:p

Gam said:
Your eyes are wondering then :laugh:
Of course they are...they never stop ;)
Sadly checked last night & Batwoman is now sold out on Sideshow, so if I want her it's UK only & no chance for using the RP I have to help bring her cost down :(

Gam said:
Looks like a great statue but not a line that has ever caught my interest
I've been close to the line since it's inception but never pulled the trigger (despite having pre-orders in for the original Queen of the Dead & Kier) so I've always been keeping close tabs on it, in the hope that one day I'd start properly

Gam said:
Personally thinking I would have thought GA would be appealing more to you due to the history/nostalgic factor?
Yeah DC will always win out but when you are sitting waiting on a will it/won't it piece you do start weighing up other options ;) lol
Plus I definitely think GA is an EX or nothing, I really want that classic EX head for him.

Gam said:
Thought you might like :clap:
Hell yes, been the one on my want list since the beginning

Gam said:
Well he is the god of thunder isn't he?
Ha ha very true...we'll see :)

Gam said:
I did browse over pics of a few as I remember seeing the John Wick one again, can't remember the Batman one though
This is the Batman '89 one...

SDCC-2019-Mezco-One12-054.jpg
SDCC-2019-Mezco-One12-055.jpg
SDCC-2019-Mezco-One12-056.jpg

Also Jim Gordon & Batsignal too...

SDCC-2019-Mezco-One12-050.jpg

Gam said:
Did see one with him and the Batmobile somewhere though, think it was an Iron Studios one
Yeah that was the Iron Studio 1/10 scale statue
Apparently if it sells well enough then the Batwing will be incoming too :)

Gam said:
Thats the 100th B&W one unless I'm mistaken, there's apparently a lifesize version of it on display too to mark the landmark number in the line
Reckon I'm down for that bad boy, looks so good

Gam said:
It wasn't the best of pics but it gave a good indication of the size of the line, still keeping an eye out for where I saw them
I keep looking too but can't seem to find it :(

Gam said:
Thanks man :)

Gam said:
Batgirl seems to be popular in the statue market at the minute, doesn't she?
She does a bit, she appears to have been neglected over the years...nowhere near as much as Robin though
STILL need Sideshow to do a Robin PF

Gam said:
Its the Dark Knight Batman from them that I've been drawn towards at the minute but the other one looks like it would go better with Robin and Batgirl
Yeah the DKR Batman is amazing, love the dirty exclusive as well
The other Batman is meant to go with the other 2 as they will form a display, all 3 have interconnecting bases from what I remember
I would love all 3
Green Lantern still looking tempting.​

Gam said:
Just what you need, some more to go on your must have list ;)
Ha ha yeah
Although have you seen the PCS Transformers stuff??
I'm VERY swayed at the moment...so much I want!!

Gam said:
It does indeed and the only one of the 'Holiday' variants that were done that I would have been interested in at all, bonus that I prefer it over the original
Yeah the others were weak by comparison
Although I still feel that a Zatanna Halloween variant could be good...full on witchyness
Or my other personal favourite idea would have been Stargirl
Could have her set as she is on her staff but in Witches outfit or turn the staff into a broom as well?? (Think of the opening to style to the TV show Bewitched)

71528-1.jpg

Gam said:
Well thats a better price than most places but would still need to be a bit lower before I'm tempted
Yeah hopefully will go down a bit more at release
Would like it myself

Gam said:
From what I've seen the only other thing I could be interested in is the Iron Studios into the spiderverse ones. I've been keen to get a few from them and that series is one I'm interested in and will be fairly small compared to the other series'
Agree they look good
Did you see Hot Toys have picked up the 1/6 scale license as well?
Looks like Spiderman is taking the place of Iron Man as their new cash cow...Movies, Spiderverse, PS4 game
Looking endless now

Gam said:
Was looking forward to seeing the Blitzway/Prime 1 GOT Daenerys but was left a bit dissapointed as it isn't appealing as much to me as I thought it would have

So in short for me it will definitely be -
The Bombshells (obviously)
RWB Harleys
Designer Series Harley

Very likely that McFarlane B&W Batman

and price depending very probably the 4 Iron Studios Into The Spiderverse statues

What about yourself?
Not a bad little list

For me, well it's been a bit of a week year if I'm honest, nothing spectacular from SS in the form of PF's that made me sit up & take notice.

Hot Toys have done their usual & shown a few pieces but not much, although the potential from them getting the CW license for the TV version of the Flash was an interesting one, if we see them branch into Arrow then I could be down for the 2 main characters

Quite intrigued buy the incoming new Mattel Master of the Universe line with articulation...if they ever make it to UK retail I expect I'll be done for the collection

Other than that just the same as you mentioned really, quite quiet this year all round really

Gam said:
Nice :cool:

Would that tickle your itch for the line instead of the PF or would you be likely with both?
It may well do that.
The Phicen Seamless body looks great & they seem to have really captured the character
I would never say no to the statues though...if I could afford them I would have them ;)
Hope we get more announcements soon & sub £200 price tags are more than welcome IMO

Neil

gam

Yeah I think if you aren't too worried on the character then the standard suit will be good.
I like the green suit as it goes back to the original roots of the character so would like that on the shelf as well, Yon Rogg I can live without really​
Standard suit with standard unmasked head will do me fine..... keeping it simple:)
Ha ha yeah fingers crossed you'll be ok
I liked the Anime back in the day but never really felt the inkling to see the live action version if I'm honest.​
Turned out to be just ok, looked and sounded good though so an easy pass for the figure, phew ;)

Yeah it's a little comedic thing from the comics but was a running thing so the inclusion is a fun little homage
I gathered it was something like that for the bigger fans of the character but I wouldn't think it would appeal as much to the more casual fans

Of course they are...they never stop ;)
Sadly checked last night & Batwoman is now sold out on Sideshow, so if I want her it's UK only & no chance for using the RP I have to help bring her cost down :(
Would she have been as high up on your wanted list as Powergirl or Green Arrow?

I kept on looking at the newer Red Sonja PF on sideshow which has just recently sold out too. I'm sure there will be plenty in the future to use our reward points on ;)

I've been close to the line since it's inception but never pulled the trigger (despite having pre-orders in for the original Queen of the Dead & Kier) so I've always been keeping close tabs on it, in the hope that one day I'd start properly
Another two mighty fine looking statues but not a line that appeals much to me. Do you have any preference with the two Kiers?

Yeah DC will always win out but when you are sitting waiting on a will it/won't it piece you do start weighing up other options ;) lol
Plus I definitely think GA is an EX or nothing, I really want that classic EX head for him.
Hope you can hold onto your pennies for a little while longer as I would hate to hear of you spending them and then your waitlist converting and you having to cancel it.

Its not too long to wait now, I would have thought if it hasn't converted within a week or two of them starting to ship the likelihood of it happening will significantly reduce.
Hell yes, been the one on my want list since the beginning
Really, you've never mentioned it :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Theres still hope for an individual Powergirl then ;)

I did see some pics of a few of them as I remember the one:12 thing throwing me again and did see the Jim Gordon one but not the Batman one, both look good :cool:

Yeah that was the Iron Studio 1/10 scale statue
Apparently if it sells well enough then the Batwing will be incoming too :)
Really :cool:

I'd entertain adding the Batmobile but would only be interested to see a Batwing release
Reckon I'm down for that bad boy, looks so good
He's on my wee maybe list :)

I keep looking too but can't seem to find it :(
Found it - Batman: Black and White Statues General Discussion - Page 37 - Statue Forum

She does a bit, she appears to have been neglected over the years...nowhere near as much as Robin though
STILL need Sideshow to do a Robin PF
Is that not him on Sideshows Scarecrows base :rolleyes:

Doesn't really count I suppose but I get where you are coming from
Yeah the DKR Batman is amazing, love the dirty exclusive as well
The other Batman is meant to go with the other 2 as they will form a display, all 3 have interconnecting bases from what I remember
I would love all 3
Green Lantern still looking tempting.​
Seeing them individually I thought they would go well together, I wasn't aware they had interconnecting bases :cool:

Its the dirty ex Batman that caught my eye, looks great :thumbsup:

Ha ha yeah
Although have you seen the PCS Transformers stuff??
I'm VERY swayed at the moment...so much I want!!
I don't think I've came across them but to be honest I wouldn't have looked too much at Transformers stuff to know who was making any of them
Yeah the others were weak by comparison
Although I still feel that a Zatanna Halloween variant could be good...full on witchyness
Or my other personal favourite idea would have been Stargirl
Could have her set as she is on her staff but in Witches outfit or turn the staff into a broom as well?? (Think of the opening to style to the TV show Bewitched)

View attachment 1175702
lol.... would be nice gimmicks for both

They seem to have moved away from the Holiday variants probably due to how well (or not) the WW and HQ were received and now have the sepia variants to cash in on instead :rolleyes:

Yeah hopefully will go down a bit more at release
Would like it myself
The Joelle Jones ones were meant to be a similar price to that but I think the most I paid for any of the four I have was £105. Would thing Batgirl will be similar if you time it right and don't procrastinate too long when its released ;)
Agree they look good
Did you see Hot Toys have picked up the 1/6 scale license as well?
Looks like Spiderman is taking the place of Iron Man as their new cash cow...Movies, Spiderverse, PS4 game
Looking endless now
No hadn't seen that, would only consider the Iron Studio for into the spiderverse though

Did see the HT game ones, I wouldn't rule out picking one of the more traditional suit versions of that at some stage as I did enjoy the game
Not a bad little list

For me, well it's been a bit of a week year if I'm honest, nothing spectacular from SS in the form of PF's that made me sit up & take notice.

Hot Toys have done their usual & shown a few pieces but not much, although the potential from them getting the CW license for the TV version of the Flash was an interesting one, if we see them branch into Arrow then I could be down for the 2 main characters

Quite intrigued buy the incoming new Mattel Master of the Universe line with articulation...if they ever make it to UK retail I expect I'll be done for the collection

Other than that just the same as you mentioned really, quite quiet this year all round really
Fully agree.... although part of me is feeling that we are not as blown away as much with premium formats as much as we used to be due to the pics of Prime 1 and XM's offerings in the last year or two.
At least there is a few things there for you to watch out for :smashin:

It may well do that.
The Phicen Seamless body looks great & they seem to have really captured the character
I would never say no to the statues though...if I could afford them I would have them ;)
Hope we get more announcements soon & sub £200 price tags are more than welcome IMO

Neil
The seamless body would be a must for that one IMO as I can't stand joints being on show when displayed :nono:

Even the base looks very good compared to a lot of the more basic plain ones :thumbsup:

spikecast

Hi all - long time no see! Been looking at some sideshow reveals recently and have to say the Gambit statue from Sideshow looks amazing! Always regretted selling my Gambit PF EX! I'm really tempted to get back in game just for that statue alone! Hope you're all well!

gam

Hi all - long time no see! Been looking at some sideshow reveals recently and have to say the Gambit statue from Sideshow looks amazing! Always regretted selling my Gambit PF EX! I'm really tempted to get back in game just for that statue alone! Hope you're all well!
Hi mate, glad to see you are being tempted back :thumbsup:

That Gambit Maquette is mighty fine looking and the coat in particular looks like an awesome piece of sculpting :cool:

Would you not be tempted by the Rogue one to keep him company? One thing you will notice when he goes up for order will be the big price jump compared to the Gambit PF when you got him :eek:

spikecast

Hmmm is rogue available now? :rotfl:

Trending threads

Latest News

Philips 4th Gen P5 processor adds AI for more realistic images
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
LG regards HDR10+ as unnecessary
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Netflix US subscriber growth slowed by competition
  • By Andy Bassett