pred2-2.jpg

pred3-2.jpg

pred4-1.jpg

pred6-1.jpg

pred5-1.jpg

pred7-1.jpg

Compared with the Hot Toys 12 Inch figure

pred8-1.jpg

A Grail of mine i've been after for a while, Zelda: The Ocarina Of Time 'Link' statue by First4Figures, as this is the only statue so far of Link in his well known Green tunic, he's quite hard to come by these days at a reasonable price.

link1.jpg

link2.jpg

link3.jpg

link4.jpg

link5.jpg

Very cool Neca Predator Viper! :smashin: That looks really neat! BTW you should try the dread mod on the Hot Toys Predator.

pred8-1.jpg

Viperj2k said:
Got this bad boy delivered today

The Predator 1/4 Scale Figure (18 Inch) by Neca

It's great to see Neca's 1/4 scale Predator finally out there. Aren't there three different ones: your one, a closed mouth one and a masked one?

:arty::arty::arty: sideshow premium format captain America 'james Bucky barnes' turned up this morning :D pics later so chuffed first pf and it's huge :eek: now how to sneak this in detolf :laugh:

you may need to take a shelf out of the detolf :laugh:

got my neca pred from play last week, it was pot luck which version they would send, I struck lucky and got the wide open mouth one I would have chosen. :thumbsup:

BTW you should try the dread mod on the Hot Toys Predator.

Painting is usually as far as I go, what does the mod do?

It's great to see Neca's 1/4 scale Predator finally out there. Aren't there three different ones: your one, a closed mouth one and a masked one?

got my neca pred from play last week, it was pot luck which version they would send, I struck lucky and got the wide open mouth one I would have chosen. :thumbsup:

I emailed play over this, but they didn't know what I was talking about, so went with Amazon for the open jaws vers, could have saved myself a tenner through play if they did a little more homework on their products. :rolleyes:

Hey Viper, Do you mind if I ask you how much your VAT bill was for Avatar Neytiri Maquette?

Hey Viper, Do you mind if I ask you how much your VAT bill was for Avatar Neytiri Maquette?

not at all, it was £19.95

...also received the bill for the Dare Devil comiquette at the same time which was £47.33!!
How do they work these totals out :confused:
Both bills were sent to different addresses my home and work (where they are delivered), so I think they may have two Fedex accounts for me, one where I get shafted and the other the cheaper VAT.

Did you get burned for Neytiri then?

PHP:

...also received the bill for the Dare Devil comiquette at the same time which was £47.33!!
Both bills were sent to different addresses my home and work (where they are delivered), so I think they may have two Fedex accounts for me, one where I get shafted and the other the cheaper VAT.

Neytiri cost me 49 quid. It makes no sense and im going to appeal. It should be a flat rate. Im going to tell them a friend of mines (you) bill was only 20 pound, see what they ssay.

Painting is usually as far as I go, what does the mod do?

It makes the dreads stay closer to the head and making him look more movie accurate. And it is quite easy to do as well. I did it too. There are 2 options, the hot water method and the hair dryer method. I chose the hair dryer one since it was easier IMO.

You take Pred's head off (but works with his head on as well) and use some rubber bands to hold his dreads closer together. Heat the head for a few minutes then let it cool down in the rooms air of under water. Repeat if necessary. I did this on both my Pred 1 and Pred 2 BD and they look much better.

These methods work well when trying to mod the SS 1:6 Stormtrooper/Sandtrooper figures chest armor too. They also come looking very odd from factory, you need to make the chest armor stay closer to the chest of the figure, and I already did this on all my OT troopers by heating their chest armors.

SideshowSandtrooperSergeantex16.jpg

PHP:

Neytiri cost me 49 quid. It makes no sense and im going to appeal. It should be a flat rate. Im going to tell them a friend of mines (you) bill was only 20 pound, see what they ssay.

I'll be interested to hear how that turns out :thumbsup:

There are 2 options, the hot water method and the hair dryer method. I chose the hair dryer one since it was easier IMO.

I'm no stranger to the hair dryer method :laugh:, most of my old Sideshow weta polystone statues required a bit of bending back into shape.

I didn't know the Sand stormies armour could be done too, I didn't want to affect the paint job on mine, cheers for the suggestions :smashin:

It should only be 5% on collectable statues, full VAT on Hot toys though as these fall under a different category.

I had the same problem as you but I didnt have two address, every one was different. In the end they setup my account so that anything that came from Sideshow was only billed at 5%.

This even worked on Hot toys up until the last couple I received :(

Gandalf statue arrived yesturday from sideshow and noticed on the invoice the harmonised code is different to what it normally was, not the normal 9703.00.0000 'original collectors sculptures and statuary' which gets the 5% vat but was a 9503.00.9990 'other - minature statue of polystone' which is similar bar the last few diggits to any 12" ones I have got from them which got the 20% level so half expecting a larger bill for this one in a week or so :mad:

anyone else had that code for statues recently?

The Grey Pilgrim, Gandalf Maquette by Sideshow

gandalf1.jpg

gandalf2.jpg

gandalf3.jpg

gandalf4.jpg

gandalf5.jpg

with Strider

gandalf6.jpg

EDIT: Just seen your post Gam, I also have the same code on my Invoice, did your Gandalf arrive ok

Last edited:
I'm no stranger to the hair dryer method :laugh:, most of my old Sideshow weta polystone statues required a bit of bending back into shape.

I didn't know the Sand stormies armour could be done too, I didn't want to affect the paint job on mine, cheers for the suggestions :smashin:

Both the HT Preds and the SS Stormies will look much better after this :)

EDIT: Just seen your post Gam, I also have the same code on my Invoice, did your Gandalf arrive ok

brown box looks good ;):D

haven't had a chance to open it yet and also have a Koto Reborn Iron Man to get out to go along with Koto's Thor and Captain America aswell :blush:

I hadn't intended to start this line but the Gimli one convinced me so had to get Gandalf and Aragorn (and Legolas) too..... hopefully willl get him out and side by side with Aragorn over the weekend at the latest

hopefully the change of code doesn't mean the higher charge for future purchases from them as I have wen't mad lately going from 2 pre-orders at the start of the year to around a dozen or so statues/PF's on pre-order at the minute..... haven't a clue where they're all going yet either :rolleyes:

Why does Fed Ex differ so much in there VAT - i would presume all sideshow statues are 5% be it PF's or comiquette?? as i've got Daredevil (flex pay) coming also i've got Red Skull's LSB does that fall under 5% VAT ? and if you get charge more is it easy to get changed - i'm new to all this importing:blush:

haven't a clue where they're all going yet either :rolleyes:

bah...bother with the details when they arrive :laugh:

i'm new to all this importing:blush:

I'm not but it's still sometimes a flippin lottery :suicide:

"7 Minutes, 7 minutes is all I have left to play with you"

Resident Evil 5: Wesker & Jill Valentine - Hot Toys Figures

weskerjill1.jpg

weskerjill2.jpg

weskerjill3.jpg

weskerjill4.jpg

weskerjill5.jpg

weskerjill6.jpg

weskerjill7.jpg

weskerjill8.jpg

weskerjill9.jpg

I couldn't resist getting 2 more neca predators to make the set of 3 up :thumbsup:
thank the lord amazon marketplace stilll had some. :D

Nice Additions as always Viper.

I assume you already have Chris & Sheva to go with them??

Would be rude not to do some photo's of all 4 together like the cutscene towards the end of the game ;) lol

Neil

Thanks for the comments guys,

I assume you already have Chris & Sheva to go with them??

I'm actually quite late to collecting the Resi Hot Toys figs :facepalm: it's only after ordering Jill that I thought about adding Wesker with her, now I own the two, i'm thinking about how great Chris and Sheva would look with them lol :rolleyes:

Ofcourse now the prices are crazy on the secondary market so I don't know...

might just start from this point and continue the line, already have Alice pre-ordered and looking forward to the Ada reveal.

Well here he is No. 282:D

Attachments

• capt1.jpg
    capt1.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 169
  • capt2.jpg
    capt2.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 155
Thanks for the comments guys,

I'm actually quite late to collecting the Resi Hot Toys figs :facepalm: it's only after ordering Jill that I thought about adding Wesker with her, now I own the two, i'm thinking about how great Chris and Sheva would look with them lol :rolleyes:

Ofcourse now the prices are crazy on the secondary market so I don't know...

might just start from this point and continue the line, already have Alice pre-ordered and looking forward to the Ada reveal.

Ah man that's a bugger :(

Didn't realise they would go up in price quite so much.
Assumed they wouldn't really be that sought after but obviously they are :(

Oh well fingers crossed you can find some cheap one day.

Will be looking forward to the pics of Alice when you get her.
Didn't realise there was an Ada due though...hopefully she'll be just as good as the Wesker & Claire.

Can you still get the early Res Evil figures that they did before the Res 5 series?

Sazzle,

Nice very very nice.
I'd love to add a Cap America piece but think I'll be holding out for the Hot Toys figure...when they eventually reveal it.

Neil

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom